• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Speaking of DS, we don't need to have the PS4 game installed anymore to transfer the PS4 save file, right? Sony fixed that with the newer SDK?
Yes, there is now a option for devs to enable this. As shown by at least one game. I just don't know if DS uses this, because I couldn't care less about Death Stranding, sorry.
Did they? When did that happen?
A month ago? Probably.

Edit: Searched and found it. Wreckfest and Star Wars FO use this new feature.

www.resetera.com

Wreckfest update brings native PS4 saves compatibility with PS5, Cross Gen MP, 60fps on XB Series S and more

http://community.bugbeargames.com/threads/update-ps4-ps5-crossplay-save-transfer-xsx-performance-pc-enhanced-visuals.16033/ HIGHLIGHTS PC: Enhanced Lighting and Visual Effects PS4/PS5: Crossplay and Save Data Transfer XSX: 60 fps on both Series X and S Numerous improvements and fixes

Last edited:

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
Almost Platinum Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

I'm planning to buy new game
Ghost of Tsushima DC
or
The last of us 2
??

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020

Ghost of Tsushima DC
or
The last of us 2
??
I don't know what you prefer or would enjoy more, because I don't know you. So here is my objective take:

Buy GoT DC, because the game is optimized for PS5 and there is always a chance TLOU2 gets a Director's Cut or GotY edition later down the line. Whereas there is no chance GoT gets another Directors Cut.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017

Ghost of Tsushima DC
or
The last of us 2
??

Both are great choices! Ghost I think has a bit of a more-ish factor due to being an open world game, but TLOU2 is a classic by all measures but the story is very intense and draining at times.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Ghost of Tsushima DC
or
The last of us 2
??

If you played th first TLOU, buy TLOU2 first.
If not, GoT now -the DLC is also coming this month + the online mode is great - and then TLOU Remaster (PS4) and then TLOU2.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021

Ghost of Tsushima DC
or
The last of us 2
??

If you want more bang for your buck ghost is the longer game, and more action oriented plus it has multiplayer expansion. If you want a really strong, focused, polished narrative and linear gaming experience get TLOU2.

Oct 30, 2017
Of course it getting downvoted to hell.

Pretty awesome that she jumped into MK11 as her first mortal Kombat game and was able to compete in the competitive scene.

I imagine most players have been playing the series for a good while now.

Perfectly wholesome video with a bunch of incels in the comments asking where the featured men are. Of course

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
Buy GoT DC, because the game is optimized for PS5 and there is always a chance TLOU2 gets a Director's Cut or GotY edition later down the line. Whereas there is no chance GoT gets another Directors Cut.
Very good point regarding the Director cut
Thanks

Both are great choices! Ghost I think has a bit of a more-ish factor due to being an open world game, but TLOU2 is a classic by all measures but the story is very intense and draining at times.
Thanks

If you played th first TLOU, buy TLOU2 first.
If not, GoT now -the DLC is also coming this month + the online mode is great - and then TLOU Remaster (PS4) and then TLOU2.
I played TLOU and I can't wait for play 2.. I avoided almost all media about it.. but now the time they released it i was poor on money lol
However.. now I'm thinking about director cut stuff (thanks to arsene_P5) .. and I know Sony will do it

If you want more bang for your buck ghost is the longer game, and more action oriented plus it has multiplayer expansion. If you want a really strong, focused, polished narrative and linear gaming experience get TLOU2.
Thanks

I think I will go for Ghost of Tsushima

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, with the rumored Wipeout game that can be played in VR, the Horizon VR game, undoubtedly a new Astro game for VR, and GT7 which is very likely to be VR capable, it's starting to look like PSVR2 could have a helluva initial lineup. Hopefully Alyx will be there too. I wonder what other titles Sony will implement VR in, maybe MLB?

All Sony needs now is a neutron bomb of a must-have title and PSVR2's will be flying off the shelves. Spider-Man VR and/or GTA VR would fit the bill IMO.

Fuck, I can't wait for the new VR headset. I'm glad I'm reno'ing my basement so I'll actually have sufficient room to move about and experience VR. The rumors from that recent dev event said a reveal in Q1 2022, I wonder if the headset final design will be shown there or if they'll save that for the Summer, assuming it's launching late 2022.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
He also leaked some GTA6 stuff that was corroborated by Jason, not the entire info if I recall correctly but at least something.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about him before but he has been pretty much 100% on CoD and BF, so I'd believe whatever else he has to stay, especially the GTA6 stuff after Jason's confirmation. Lol I love that Jason is essentially the unofficial offical confirmation in the gaming industry. He's earned it.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
The trophy for maxing out your Bonds in Persona 5 Strikers is super dumb. I'm at Bond Lv75 now, but it's taking forever to get to Lv99. I was doing the Metatron grind from Lv65, but got bored of that. Then tried doing the Merciless run, but I kept dying in the tutorial. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum, but I just can't be bothered to grind the last remaining 24 levels at the moment. Will shelf (well, deleted from my SSD for now) and come back for the platinum maybe next year.

Since that's done, might finally try to play Returnal.

Oct 27, 2017
The trophy for maxing out your Bonds in Persona 5 Strikers is super dumb. I'm at Bond Lv75 now, but it's taking forever to get to Lv99. I was doing the Metatron grind from Lv65, but got bored of that. Then tried doing the Merciless run, but I kept dying in the tutorial. It's the last trophy I need for the platinum, but I just can't be bothered to grind the last remaining 24 levels at the moment. Will shelf (well, deleted from my SSD for now) and come back for the platinum maybe next year.

Since that's done, might finally try to play Returnal.

If you can get to the second Jail on Merciless, the Dire Shadow there gives way more bond experience compared to Metatron. Is your character level maxed out?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation users will be one of the first to get HBO's revamps app

Woebegone Roku users will be first in line to get the new Max app along with PlayStation customers. Apple TV customers will likely have to wait until the end of the year, while an overhaul of the mobile and web-based apps is penciled in for early 2022.

www.vulture.com

Inside HBO Max’s Scramble to Fix Its Glitchy App

“We see the crash logs. We’re not blind to it.”

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Half-Life 3 getting ready to launch /jk

giphy.gif

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Incase anyone has missed this…

E8oBl9NWQA4t5m6

Tells you everything you need to know

The Whisperer did come out, though. It has gameplay walkthroughs and (as far as I can tell) an APK.

download.cnet.com

THE WHISPERER: A PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION GAME

Download THE WHISPERER: A PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION GAME for Android to tHE WHISPERER is a paranormal investigation game played in First Person.

I don't doubt that they are probably a scam, though.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
The fundamental issue regarding VR is that creating VR software require its own design and its own pipeline, so software makers have to choose between making a VR game or a conventional game. And since ressources are very strained in the gaming industry right now, companies will go towards the less risky venture. Sony seems to try to resolve this by asking studios to create game that can work both with and without VR, and if they find a way to easily convert a conventional game into VR without allowating too much ressources then we may get the explosion of AAA VR game that it desperately needs.

Regarding the competition, Nintendo won't venture too much into VR simply because it's too expensive on the consumer level. Their solution was to make a VR device out of literal cardboard, that tells you how far they are willing to get. High-end hardware has never been their thing.
Microsoft I feel is in a wait-and-see position. After Kinect, they know very well how it is to venture too far into a dead-end. If VR somehow takes off, they will simply do what they are doing right now with conventional gaming which is aggressively buying the existing talent in order to force their way into the business.
yeah...Sound logic and reasoning, don't disagree with anything. I hope it does take off though as it's one of the more exciting gameplay experiences on the Horizon.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
What I don't understand is how exactly they make money doing this. I get scamming investors, taking their money and running and reforming under another studio name to do the same, but to do it over and over again using the same name seems stupid.

To be fair, nobody has even heard of these guys until recently. They've been around for six or seven years (if not more), and the whole internet still thought they were a fake company for Kojima. That should say something.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
So is it safe to say Sony has given up in Japan aside from the usual Square Enix AAA timed exclusive and possibly Persona?

Status
Not open for further replies.