• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
For me, i have no idea why PS showcase only announced 2 first party games which is released in 2023 in beyond.
According to Shinobi's twitter post, there are some unannounced games released in 2022. This strategy is weird.

It might also be a Marvel thing as well. After the misfire of The Avengers they might want to increase confidence in the direction of their games division by showing they are doubling down on the game and team that delivered a huge critical and commercial success.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
'sup

Very lttp but got me a Vita

It's my first Playstation device since the PS2 so it's exciting to come back in a way. I was mostly playing the Switch in portable mode nowadays so it suddenly made sense to grab it

I've tried a bit of Wipeout 2048 and LittleBigPlanet but I just stated Gravity Rush and I'll focus on it as it got me hooked pretty quickly

Pretty interesting library, including the PS2 collections and PS1 and PSP stuff. Just got Mega Man Legends for some reason
It makes me wanna go on a purchase rampage but I'll try to focus on the stuff I already have 😅

Anyway looking forward to checking out all the stuff I've missed

Nice!

The Vita is my favorite handheld, and it's a shame it didn't get the support from gamers that it deserved.

I own about 300 games on that thing. It's crazy. I even ended up buying a Vita TV earlier this year so I could play some of my favorites on my tv.

Such an under-appreciated library it has. I'm using it as my classics machine, and it's been wonderful. I've been revisiting Chrono Trigger and Suikoden, and I've actually never played Suikoden 2, so I'm looking forward to getting to that one.

It's a shame Sony won't develop a PSP/Vita emulator the PS4 and PS5. I'd love to be able to play some of those natively on my PS5, and with some upscaling options for 4k…

I'd love for BC to make a return to PS platforms. Maybe with the PS5 seeing such support from gamers with PS4 BC Sony will rethink their legacy strategy…

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
wait...is that the Ring from LOTR in the Playstation Ad?

look at the the traffic light

ezgif-7-5a77c1188fdd.gif

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
For me, i have no idea why PS showcase only announced 2 first party games which is released in 2023 in beyond.
According to Shinobi's twitter post, there are some unannounced games released in 2022. This strategy is weird.

I thought about that too and my conclusion it was the best strategic decision. Three heavy hitters with Horizon, GT7 and God of War will release next year. The focus is to sell the big known games and do not let the customer focus on other games that could release in 2022 too.

With Spider-Man 2 in 2023 and that it is expected, Sony loses nothing and gains a must have announcement.
The same with Wolverine, it shows they have another big game/IP in the cards, but it is years away.

The pandemic really hurt the lineup announcement cause of necessary delays.

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
ah yes, that makes more sense
Sony put in a lot of interesting stuff in that video.

Hogwarts Legacy @0:21, Sonic rings @0:33, FFXVI @38 (valisthea 06:16, valisthea is the world of FFXVI maybe a release date?), Pac-Man @0:40, Sly Cooper @0:58, FF7R @ 1:03, RE4 @1:33, Dragon Quest @0:32, Alan Wake @0:59, Crash Bandicoot @1:15, Deathloop @1:18, and Silent Hill @1:56 are just some of the stuff people have found so far.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I decided on a whim that I watch the movie Kate because I saw hideo kojima tweeting about it and now I want a game from him in that style. Super stylish, Tokyo assassin with a crank like story, I liked it.

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
I thought about that too and my conclusion it was the best strategic decision. Three heavy hitters with Horizon, GT7 and God of War will release next year. The focus is to sell the big known games and do not let the customer focus on other games that could release in 2022 too.

With Spider-Man 2 in 2023 and that it is expected, Sony loses nothing and gains a must have announcement.
The same with Wolverine, it shows they have another big game/IP in the cards, but it is years away.

The pandemic really hurt the lineup announcement cause of necessary delays.
They almost certainly have more stuff that would be 2022 or so that they didn't really show, it felt like they held back a lot. Wolverine was probably announced since it probably would have leaked, just like Spider-Man leaked originally and they wanted it to be a 'oh-shit' moment. With all the games Sony has shown outside of Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine seem to be releasing by Spring 2022, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
They will probably have another showcase this December to help boost the holiday Season even more.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017

Hogwarts Legacy @0:21, Sonic rings @0:33, FFXVI @38 (valisthea 06:16, valisthea is the world of FFXVI maybe a release date?), Pac-Man @0:40, Sly Cooper @0:58, FF7R @ 1:03, RE4 @1:33, Dragon Quest @0:32, Alan Wake @0:59, Crash Bandicoot @1:15, Deathloop @1:18, and Silent Hill @1:56 are just some of the stuff people have found so far.

wow that's a lot more than i found.
It's definetely interesting, because Sony did the same thing in the 2013 Playstation Trailer with Crash Bandicoot, FF7 or Street Fighter - all of them turned out to become Ps4 Gams.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

Any COLONY WARS clues??

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Was watching some early Deathloop gameplay seeing as quite a few people got early copies and the game looks really nice visually. I was actually really impressed from a technical standpoint. Story and dialogue is also very intriguing. I think this game is going to score really well when reviews come out.

Deleted member 81269

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
The showcase did what it set out to do, Wolverine, Spiderman, GT7 and GOW are driving all the conversation. Wolverine announced early to avoid leaks.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Again, something a dev think does not mean it is something promised to players.

Stop acting like spoiled childs and enjoy games for what they are, not what you expected them to be. Especially when you refuse to consider the financial aspect of those decisions.
Weird take.

It's funny you calling people children when you're the one trying to insult others and name-calling over video games lol, and don't seem to understand that people can both enjoy what they have while also thinking about what could have been. Life isn't extremes of one or the other.

People understand the reason to support cross-gen, especially this gen with the chip shortage slowing next-gen adoption. But every single gen, new console owners also can't wait for devs to stop messing with the previous gen consoles to focus on the new gen's capabilities. It's not a new or crazy phenomenon. Dude bought a new system and wants to see new shit that was hinted at. It's not shocking. He's allowed to be disappointed.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I think (I'm sure, actually) that Sony hid some stuff for later this year at the Game Awards.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I honestly can't wait for HFW, GT7, and Forspoken to get released so we can move onto more unannounced projects being hyped lol.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever happened to Cory's "ambitious DLC" for GOW 2018 that was too big for a DLC?

"I had a really fun idea for a DLC that I only regret because I would love to have done that, but it was too ambitious.

According to the director, there was a proposal at some stage for God of War DLC. It would have been a fairly large expansion featuring a standalone story campaign, similar perhaps to Uncharted: Lost Legacy. However, it apparently proved to be too large for what the studio felt could fit reasonably into DLC. As a result, it was never developed; "Rightfully so," continues Barlog; "everybody said, dude, this is crazy, this isn't DLC, this is a little too big."

Do you think it is still hapenning in Ragnarok?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So with so many of PlayStation Studios working on more than 1 title do y'all think Polyphony will do the same and have something else going alongside GT?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So with so many of PlayStation Studios working on more than 1 title do y'all think Polyphony will do the same and have something else going alongside GT?
yeah I would think so. they may have a GT service team and maybe they have their first new IP in decades maybe but who knows lol. its up to the studio

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
For some reason I don't think the whole "Being Worthy" thing applies to Mjolnir in the GoW universe.
Otherwise, how the hell does a murdering scumbag like Thor get to wield it? xD

Brok and Sindri are going to have to explain that one.
It's Odin's enchantment, no? So maybe being worthy is relative 😃

Heh, but I'm gonna guess that might not be a rule in GoW as well.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Forspoken looked pretty awesome. Didn't really mind the dialog like some, even though it was a little corny, it was within the acceptable range lol.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
So none of my friends have upgraded to next-gen yet, most of them still have PS4s. (For context they mostly just play warzone and the occasional open-world game, normie shit).

Two of them were planning on making the switch to Xbox because they missed Halo last gen, and likely would have bought Xs already if not for the current shortage.

was hanging out with them last night and they mentioned seeing some of the trailers through social media. Wolverine and Venom in spider-man 2 flipped them both to PS5. Even KOTOR was exciting to them, despite never having played the original. "NEW STAR WARS GAME" is enough to generate excitement I guess lol.

Just found it interesting seeing how exciting these announcements were to two casual gamers, especially in comparison to the more muted reaction I'm seeing on Era.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So none of my friends have upgraded to next-gen yet, most of them still have PS4s. (For context they mostly just play warzone and the occasional open-world game, normie shit).

Two of them were planning on making the switch to Xbox because they missed Halo last gen, and likely would have bought Xs already if not for the current shortage.

was hanging out with them last night and they mentioned seeing some of the trailers through social media. Wolverine and Venom in spider-man 2 flipped them both to PS5. Even KOTOR was exciting to them, despite never having played the original. "NEW STAR WARS GAME" is enough to generate excitement I guess lol.

Just found it interesting seeing how exciting these announcements were to two casual gamers, especially in comparison to the more muted reaction I'm seeing on Era.
Part of it is sky high expectations, part of it is ...well... lol.

And I see a thread was made about Spider-Man 2 running in real time...it shocked some ppl, and some pushing back against it.

Ppl are sleeping on how good Spider-Man 2 looks...

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

And I see a thread was made about Spider-Man 2 running in real time...it shocked some ppl, and some pushing back against it.

I don't understand too. Too many people thinks it's CGI I guess. Which tell a lot of how good it looks.
That's the only reason for me.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've wanted a ps5 for a while now, but stopped looking after not finding one for a couple of months.
But after watching this conference I'll probably begin to keep an eye out again. Hell, if I get the job I interviewed for I'll probably just end up buying one from a scalper when I get my first paycheck. Shouldn't hurt as much to pay 300$ extra then.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted a ps5 for a while now, but stopped looking after not finding one for a couple of months.
But after watching this conference I'll probably begin to keep an eye out again. Hell, if I get the job I interviewed for I'll probably just end up buying one from a scalper when I get my first paycheck. Shouldn't hurt as much to pay 300$ extra then.

If you have the cash I wouldn't wait too longer. IMO they are going to be harder to find as we get closer to the holidays and if the reports are true, 2022 won't be any easier.

God-speed!

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you have the cash I wouldn't wait too longer. IMO they are going to be harder to find as we get closer to the holidays and if the reports are true, 2022 won't be any easier.

God-speed!

Yeah you're probably right. Gonna reach out to some swedish sites to see if anyone knows how the hell you're supposed to get notified whenever they're in stock.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

Miles and 2018 Spiderman still look absolutely insane. People are hard to please.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone!! Playing God of War 2018 for the first time and am truly loving it. It's fantastic and cant wait for Ragnarok. One of my only complaints I have so far is the "resource gathering upgrade" part of the game - looking for chests to get silver and such...it really makes it grindy. If you could change anything about the next iteration of god of war, what would it be?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Hi everyone!! Playing God of War 2018 for the first time and am truly loving it. It's fantastic and cant wait for Ragnarok. One of my only complaints I have so far is the "resource gathering upgrade" part of the game - looking for chests to get silver and such...it really makes it grindy. If you could change anything about the next iteration of god of war, what would it be?
Probably more Boss fights.
The one with The Stranger was amazing, wish there was more moments like that in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.