• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
If you are a baseball and Ghost of Tsushima fan, these are on sale today...

artbb-130c2s-21tp70-0491-base.png

Link

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I'd imagine we're not going to see it until E3.

Side quests are going to make or break the game for me. Also hope the morality function isn't surface level and actually has a meaningful impact to the story of the game.
That would suck , I hope you are wrong.

Yeah I hope it's like ghost 😬😬
To strip the Harry Potter from the game so Rowling doesn't get any money. An extensive wizard school AAA game would still do great without the license I think. Only issue is they could open themselves up to lawsuits if they aren't careful with copying too much from HP.
I don't think that would work tbh.
Cyberpunk talk
Hogwarts Legacy talk

Errr... Can this OT stay transphobia proof please?
Apologies. It is my dream game so want to talk about it but I will most likely donate 60 or 70$ to an trans organization while buying day 1 so yeah...
Sony also has rights to COD and they are completely silent on the new game except for a few tweets. Who knows if they will wait for some Playstation-related event.
I guess it all depends if cod appears on September event imo.
Persona meets hogwarts would be nice
Sorry but don't know about persona franchise 😅😅 can you tell me what makes them click?

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Sony also has rights to COD and they are completely silent on the new game except for a few tweets. Who knows if they will wait for some Playstation-related event.
There's an exclusive Alpha coming to PS platforms this week and they already did some marketing on it

Also, COD campaign is being shown today at Geoffs, while the full multiplayer reveal is scheduled for september by Activision itself.

They're definitely NOT waiting for a PS event, everything COD-related is already covered for the next month or so

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to start a new thread, those who finished REVIII what are your thoughts about it? Played it alongside Hades and gotta say I am kinda "eh" overall.

Lady Dimitrescu being such a nonfactor, despite her marketing, was disappointing, same with break breakneck pacing of the game, it threw you around at mach speed. I really liked setting but it tried to do RE4 and VII at the same time, kinda missing both. The "Transformers" fight was also big "wtf is this" moment.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to start a new thread, those who finished REVIII what are your thoughts about it? Played it alongside Hades and gotta say I am kinda "eh" overall.

Lady Dimitrescu being such a nonfactor, despite her marketing, was disappointing, same with break breakneck pacing of the game, it threw you around at mach speed. I really liked setting but it tried to do RE4 and VII at the same time, kinda missing both. The "Transformers" fight was also big "wtf is this" moment.

I enjoyed it at the time, but didn't like it as much as 7. It's action focused but the gunplay, encounters, and bosses are pretty mediocre. The first person is really limiting. The horror atmosphere is largely gone.

Unlike other RE titles, I feel no compulsion to ever replay it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it at the time, but didn't like it as much as 7. It's action focused but the gunplay, encounters, and bosses are pretty mediocre. The first person is really limiting. The horror atmosphere is largely gone.

Unlike other RE titles, I feel no compulsion to ever replay it.
Yeah, I actually had this thought that this could be a DMC1-like game if they swapped Ethan for Dante lol. Setting and general structure would work.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
If seriously then 😂
The persona games are a mix of visual novel and jrpgs where you go to school at day and socialize/fight evil for the rest of the day. Something like that in the HP universe could work really well, imo
I quite liked prisoner of azkaban game back in the day and it's classes systems. I think they will lean more into that than persona tbh but that's just me.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
So if JETT isn't a PS+ game, and we now know the release date, I wonder what the other news they'll announce at Opening Night Live is 🤔

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The new Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer did better in its first 24 hours than Avengers: Endgame's trailer https://deadline.com/2021/08/spider...avengers-endgames-all-time-record-1234821631/
Fair to say the Spider-Man IP is about to reach new heights and I expect that will also show when Insomniac's next game releases. If I were SIE I'd strongly consider revealing or at least teasing the game around No Way Home's release, just to capitalize on the movie's hype. I'm sure Geoff Keighley will do another Game Awards in December, that'd be the perfect place for Sony to do it.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The new Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer did better in its first 24 hours than Avengers: Endgame's trailer https://deadline.com/2021/08/spider...avengers-endgames-all-time-record-1234821631/
Fair to say the Spider-Man IP is about to reach new heights and I expect that will also show when Insomniac's next game releases. If I were SIE I'd strongly consider revealing or at least teasing the game around No Way Home's release, just to capitalize on the movie's hype. I'm sure Geoff Keighley will do another Game Awards in December, that'd be the perfect place for Sony to do it.
Never ceases to amaze me how insanely popular spider-man is. I mean I get it, but still 😳

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Agreed but IIRC Sony usually doesn't do much as far as first party reveals are concerned at the TGA's

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
A new Spider-Man game tease would be awesome.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never ceases to amaze me how insanely popular spider-man is. I mean I get it, but still 😳

Spidy has stayed relevant for decades while characters have come and gone. The timing with some of the media that came out like the early 90's TV show that a bunch of us (I assume) grew up watching, and the movies from the pre-MCU days played a big role as well.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The IP doesn't need any hype. Did you see the Miles Morales numbers on PS5 while it's a launch game.
And don't forget SONY think that people forget very quickly and prefer to build hype closer to game release.

So, if they want to cross advertised, it will be through Spider-Verse sequel.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

I can see Spider-Man 2 breaking all sorts of records for Sony tbh.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Can't wait for the Movie.
And I'm beyond hyped for the next Spidey game.

Jun 22, 2021

I could honestly see them releasing new skins in Spider-man based on the movie, but announce another game? Maybe if they do PSX this year other than that, costumes is all i'm expecting.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I want a Venom game by a Sony studio. Even if it is based on Tom Hardy's Venom.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation is listed and not Kojima Productions, so it can simply be Jett release trailer and release date, then Death Stranding DC gameplay.
I mean specifically for JETT, they tweeted yesterday that they had gone gold, and also that they'll have "other JETT news" coming in the Opening Night Live stream. I suppose it could just be a release date announcement that the store listings kind of spoiled.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I mean specifically for JETT, they tweeted yesterday that they had gone gold, and also that they'll have "other JETT news" coming in the Opening Night Live stream. I suppose it could just be a release date announcement that the store listings kind of spoiled.
Sorry I misread, I though "they" designed PlayStation.
Well, yeah I am expecting a release date trailer (and yeah, we were spoiled on that).

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I've set my expectations so low that I'm expecting mostly existing gameplay from the base game 😅

same here lol. And i don't mean they have to show GoW, but at least something else that is coming out during first half of 2022 so people can look forward to it. Gamescom is great event to do announcement. But as you mentioned expectations are really low.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I cleared Hades for the first time (25th run) but now I see I am far from over. Honestly, while being an amazing game, I might prefer Returnal, but still both are gaming nirvana.
Yeah, despite the two games being the same genre, they feel very different. Honestly can't pick which I like more, but I'd lean slightly towards Returnal. The core gameplay/combat is just more satisfying to me.

But I love both games. I have over 70 hours played on each one. Might even double dip on Hades at some point and get it on Playstation for trophies and the better controller (Joy Cons kinda suck and I've had terrible luck with stick drift).

Agreed but IIRC Sony usually doesn't do much as far as first party reveals are concerned at the TGA's
They used to. Back in the PS3 days at least I know they were always one of the highlights of Keighley's shows. I believe both Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us were first revealed there. I really miss those days when we could reliably count on big news for Playstation at E3 and end of the year awards. Having that sense of predictability was nice.

But yeah, nowadays it seems like they don't want to participate in any conventions/events in any major capacity (even pre-COVID). I've been saying for months now that I just don't expect any big show or big announcements from Sony until summer of 2022. Literally all I expect this year is confirmation of the Horizon delay and maybe a small glimpse of God of War in a State of Play (although I honestly feel like that's a 2023 game now, so I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a no show).

I've honestly never had an issue with CG trailers or early announcements, so I really hate their current communication strategy with a passion lol. But it is what it is. They don't really seem to care about the growing antipathy towards the brand among enthusiast circles online since it's not impacting sales in a discernable way (yet).

I still think it's a mistake to just let the negativity run rampant with almost zero communication to counter it, since I do think enthusiast sentiment can break through to the mainstream over time if it's not addressed... but eh, that's their issue to worry about lol. I've got plenty to play and access to all platforms, so it is what it is. I would like to see more to get excited about for Playstation, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Shit will get here when it gets here, I guess lol.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Hades does a lot of things better than Returnal but my god the moment to moment combat in Returnal is just too fun for me to consider Hades the better game.

Returnal has basically become a sort of comfort game, it feels that good
yeah, Returnal is one of the few games I got the Plat for and still wanted to play afterwards. It's too good! My GOTY so far, will try out Hades after finishing Ratchet and GoT. They really need to do some DLC for Returnal, I thought it would be out by now. Add in 1-2 new bosses and a survival mode, maybe some co-op.

I've honestly never had an issue with CG trailers or early announcements, so I really hate their current communication strategy with a passion lol. But it is what it is. They don't really seem to care about the growing antipathy towards the brand among enthusiast circles online since it's not impacting sales in a discernable way (yet).

I still think it's a mistake to just let the negativity run rampant with almost zero communication to counter it, since I do think enthusiast sentiment can break through to the mainstream over time if it's not addressed... but eh, that's their issue to worry about lol. I've got plenty to play and access to all platforms, so it is what it is. I would like to see more to get excited about for Playstation, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Shit will get here when it gets here, I guess lol.
I dunno, I feel like not having news all the time is purely an enthusiast complaint. It's not something that will ever breakthrough to the majority of the audience because a real issue doesn't exist for most console owners. There are things to play, good high quality content at that. The system's design is well-received, upcoming games all have anticipation, and it's still the home of 3rd party. I personally think e3 2016 and PS5 reveal were some of the most hype conferences of all time so I'm content with waiting until shows like that are ready. It would be nice if they were once a year like Apple, I'd be good with that. But I certainly don't need frequent updates when there's always something cool to play, I feel like that's the sentiment of most users.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Geoff is really hyping the DS demo in the pre-show. Said it almost looks like a new game... now I'm curious.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
To be honest, I wasn't a fan of that I saw in the E3 trailer for the Death Stranding Director's Cut. It had so much additional stuff, it kinda ruined the minimalism of the game for me, so I'm not sure what to expect now. It's kinda exicitng.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I feel like not having news all the time is purely an enthusiast complaint. It's not something that will ever breakthrough to the majority of the audience because a real issue doesn't exist for most console owners. There are things to play, good high quality content at that. The system's design is well-received, upcoming games all have anticipation, and it's still the home of 3rd party. I personally think e3 2016 and PS5 reveal were some of the most hype conferences of all time so I'm content with waiting until shows like that are ready. It would be nice if they were once a year like Apple, I'd be good with that. But I certainly don't need frequent updates when there's always something cool to play, I feel like that's the sentiment of most users.
Yeah, I would ideally like 1 "main" event each year with some degree of regularity/predictability. Just some communication about when/if to expect anything would be really nice.

And also, maybe it's naivete on my part, but I think having actual news to talk about would help with the rampant toxicity about anything Playstation online. I mean, I freely admit I can be fairly pessimistic sometimes; but holy fuck trying to go into any thread even tangentially related to Playstation on this forum (other than OTs) is a fucking nightmare mired in toxic negativity (even by my standards). Like, I just popped into that thread the other day a dude started just to say he's enjoying his PS5 and had to nope out immediately lol.

At this point, I'll only really browse this thread and OTs for games. If I open any other thread now, I try to just read the news/click the link in the OP and move on. I see Game Pass related threads constantly, and I don't realy go into them so idk if it's the same there and just typical console wars stuff that's taken over... but man, it's bad on this forum lately lol.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, it's not even really my cup of tea graphically, but given the (seemingly) great relation Sony and Drinkbox Studios had around Guacamelee 1&2, I find mind blowing that not only Nobody Saves the World will be day one GP, it won't be on Playstation at all at launch (I imagine a temp exclusivity related to a GP payout).
Honestly, I think that's kind of a big f-up from PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.