• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Re: Bungie - should we think about a new thread name?

• No, let's stick with PlayStation Studios (atleast for now)

Votes: 500 82.6%
  • Yes, let's come up with a new name !

Votes: 105 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Not getting my hopes up for that one!
sad-cat.gif

I just need another trailer at this point tbh.
I have planted my flag firmly in 2022 and Remake part 2 in 2023.
That was where my flag was (not too firmly tho) until just now lmao.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I mean we have been waiting for an update on FFXVI ages. Given it has been so long, I hope they have at least upgraded the visuals substantially. In addition, where is that Forespoken overview? That game isn't that long way off and needs way more exposure!! We need a State of Play for that

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
💪

Although wouldn't it be hilarious if they waited until the very last day in June as they kinda did with the October teaser site and last year's delay comment haha

843326009423691796.gif

Haha that would be painful. They would still technically have told the truth that it would happen in Spring :p I know myself enough that as soon as Spring hits I'm gonna be expecting the showcase immediately

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mean we have been waiting for an update on FFXVI ages. Given it has been so long, I hope they have at least upgraded the visuals substantially. In addition, where is that Forespoken overview? That game isn't that long way off and needs way more exposure!! We need a State of Play for that

Hopefully they do a better job presenting off Forespoken in the next show. I wasn't very excited for the game after the last showing.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Haha that would be painful. They would still technically have told the truth that it would happen in Spring :p I know myself enough that as soon as Spring hits I'm gonna be expecting the showcase immediately
Kinda the same here, even if it's not the smartest thing to do lol. Last year was annoying because we were right in expecting something, we just didn't know when (and their change of plans communication, while highly appreciate, should have come out before TGA at least).

Ngl, though, the game potentially not coming out this year is a bummer, even if I always had that as a possibility. Then again, not everything Jason says has to be taken as inside info, guy can have his own opinions and hunches lol.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they do a better job presenting off Forespoken in the next show. I wasn't very excited for the game after the last showing.

It seemed a very badly chosen segment. Main issue was the FPS looked really poor. I do think the actual mechanics and magic system could be cool, and visuals will actually be very good if they polish it up. But they definitely need to show something substantial.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Well Target delayed my Horizon special edition copy with a date estimated of March 4th.

...last time I'm preordering from Target (did it to take advantage of some Target Circle offer that came with $10 back)
Same boat, although not that crazy, only till next Thursday for me. I'm actually considering buying it digitally now and returning the game.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm still baffled by Forspoken's gameplay video: too short to take anything substantial out of it, not quite polished and also a showcase of the most boring and static enemies they have shown so far. Like, the traversal and the magic look really cool, but is that really how you want the first time we see uncut combat to be?

I don't think the game will be amazing (just a silly hunch, I hope it is), but I believe it'll be fine for the most part at the very least, so hopefully their next showing is good.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
It is.

Even a bigger scam is when there isn't even a "cancel membership" button.
Had that with a free month of "VPN-service", needed that because of travel.
Activated the free month with my CC data because they needed the data if i make a decision for subscription.
Was searching for the "cancel" button 3 seconds later, didn't found any button.

Had to write an e-mail and tell them i want to cancel.
They started a discussion why i would like to cancel when i accepted a free month just a couple of minutes ago.
Was getting a little angry, they cancelled for after the free month like they had to.

EDIT:
Not sure anymore if it was that service.
Removed the name of service.
Auto renew bullshit is the reason why I do not use my credit card on PSN or Apple. I top up with gift cards when I want to buy something, otherwise my wallet stays empty.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda the same here, even if it's not the smartest thing to do lol. Last year was annoying because we were right in expecting something, we just didn't know when (and their change of plans communication, while highly appreciate, should have come out before TGA at least).

Ngl, though, the game potentially not coming out this year is a bummer, even if I always had that as a possibility. Then again, not everything Jason says has to be taken as inside info, guy can have his own opinions and hunches lol.

Yeah I think it's more that he's saying it just to be safe. I think we're all kind of expecting it but hoping it'll make it this year. But I'm with you, right now I just wanna see more. I think it'll sustain me until its release. Hopefully after tomorrow's big Live Letter they'll allow Yoshi-P to talk about XVI

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The thing to consider about FFXVI is that it's being run by the same people who run FFXIV, which took priority last year and was delayed multiple times.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It seemed a very badly chosen segment. Main issue was the FPS looked really poor. I do think the actual mechanics and magic system could be cool, and visuals will actually be very good if they polish it up. But they definitely need to show something substantial.

I agreed. I really want this game to succeed for several reasons so hopefully it gets marketed a lot better.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, only time I am going to rant about this today.

My package arrived at a carrier facility at 2:21 am this morning which is 20 minutes from my house, but it is still scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Really?

This is the first and last time I am pre-ordering a game on Amazon.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That is really unfortunately, sadly sweden is a bit conservative regarding releases day deliveries, so its always a bit stressful if you really want it on release.
But postnord, if they are sending it with them, are delivering on saturdays in some larger cities right? Maybe you are lucky and get it tomorrow instead of next week.
I have personally had significantly better luck with webhallen, inet or even spelbutiken for release day deliveries if you want some alternative shops to try next time.
Yeah we get delivery on saturdays here. However ain't got time for video games tomorrow sadly. Never had a problem with any stores with friday releases.

Yeah been a long time since I ordered anything from Elgiganten, mostly go with Webhallen or Mediamarkt these days.
Dont know why i went with Elgiganten. Prices are better elsewhere from what i can see. Just checked our physical stores here but they are all out of Horizon.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well Target delayed my Horizon special edition copy with a date estimated of March 4th.

...last time I'm preordering from Target (did it to take advantage of some Target Circle offer that came with $10 back)
Same. Was afraid something like this would happen, so I ordered from Walmart a couple of days ago. It will be here by the afternoon.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Just timed it, Activity Card took me 15 seconds from cold boot to in-game in HFW. Shit is so good. Really wish Sony would add a "Continue from last save" button next to "Play Game" because I fear that Activity Cards really go neglected. It feels like a more polished Quick Resume.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Sony already have 7 must play studio for me. Naughty Dog, Insomniac, SSM, GG, SP, MM, HM. Whatever game/genre they make, there's a good chance I'll like it.
For sure....I'm very exciting to see where Dreams is in another 2-3 years personally. After that platformer made by one guy, I think it has SUPER high potential once co-op, PS5 native version and PC players join in.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
The Horizon launch really does feel like a global event. I love seeing all the effort that's been put into this marketing campaign.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend is on her way to pick up my pre-order (physical) of Horizon 2 right now. I had promised her she could play it first, but she said I can play when I get home haha. She'll just play all day while I'm at work lol.

Really excited, hard to concentrate on work.

Also talking about HFW's openworld. From over 55 hours playing, I never saw it as "another" ubisoft game at all. It fixes, mixes and create a very deep openworld that you may rarely see in AAA games in general beside (obviously) Rockstar's games.

It is very deep not only about lore, but also each characters backstory, each tribes and their belief. Some very personal stuffs and how the world surround with sci-fi elements, even sometimes make you felt like playing Mass Effect 2, too.

It still has climbing towers but this time, they expand and make it into a very wonder and iconic scenarios that you hardly to forget. I mean, Tallneck is obvious one of the iconic creature machine that GG did want players to remember.

And it did... get something outstanding about the world changing and living, it is not just about beautiful landscape. It has souls and love.

I just don't know how to describe, there is something in there that if GG know how to push it... The 3rd one will be one of the best action rpg openworld that you will never forget. HZD and HFW did both build something truly magnificent and keep it more unique than other games of SIE imo. Maybe because this franchise openworld is very positive, bright, colorful and full of hope in overall. Aloy is indeed my queen of Playstation.
Appreciate the impressions! I agree that Horizon just feels so refreshing with the setting, tone, and themes. My favorite new IP in ages. Can't wait to play Forbidden West after work. Gonna be a long, slow day in the office lol.

I guess I have a pet RollerJaw

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
So, in-game patches without a "patch" are now a thing ?
That is great and convenient.

But i have to say i would like to get a notification if a patch got installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.