• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
I think there will be gaas games of differing scope. Something like Twisted Metal is surely planned as a MP gaas game but it will obviously not need the same resources and playerbase as Destiny to work out.

But like you said, some of them will collapse. Succes is not guaranteed with these type of games. They will probably be happy when 2-3 out of these 10 hit big.

I don't think it's good for the image of any publisher, or platform holder, having games that not succeed and with bad reviews. GaaS games when fail normally do it with a bang. Square Enix had a taste of that with Avengers, Babylon Falls

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
These aren't semantics. You said they wouldn't go for stand alone games and rather opt to tacked on multipayer modes which Factions 2 is definitely not anymore.

Apex could also be described as "titanfall multiplayer project", it's still not a tacked on MP mode but a stand-alone MP game.

We don't even know if Factions 2 is going to be a $70 standalone retail project. I don't think it will be.

Oct 25, 2017

List of partners includes PS. Wonder what token trailer or announcement they'll throw to Keighley.

Is it time?
2013_06_05_TLOU_MP_Reveal_960p.png

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What people expect:
-Square Enix acquisition announcement (🤣)
-PS+ Extra games list
-PS1/2/PSP games list
-GoW Ragnarok SoP

What people will get:

hungry-mickey-mouse.gif

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I think if ND is announcing something, they would show their full lineup (TLOUR, Factions 2, TLOU2 DC and new IP)

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Doubt they'd show everything. Likely all TLOU related games first.

I don't know. I believe they want to show everything. That's not a coincidence Druckmann spoke in those terms at CES 2022

Just yesterday on January 4, Sony held their CES 2022 presentation, where PlayStation boss Jim Ryan and other leadership figures appeared. One of these, as MP1st reported, was Neil Druckmann, who said that "we're dying to share with you the multiple game projects we have in the works at Naughty Dog,"

Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/naughty-dog-has-multiple-games-in-the-works-reveals-neil-druckmann/

And I believe they will go all-out with announcements including their new IP. But that's just a guess, whether it'll happen remains to be seen.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I don't know. I believe they want to show everything. That's not a coincidence Druckmann spoke in those terms at CES 2022

And I believe they will go all-out with announcements including their new IP. But that's just a guess, whether it'll happen remains to be seen.
That's just generic PR talk, it really doesn't mean anything. And their new IP, if it exists, will still be years away so I don't know if they'll show that anytime soon.

Oct 25, 2017

They could double whammy up like insomniac have done the last two big shows cases. Ratchet and miles in one, spiderman 2 and wolverine in the other

Det

Jul 30, 2020

I'd love it but I just think it's a bit overboard to show Factions 2, TLOU 1 remake, TLOU2 DC (if it exists), along with a new IP. We'll know in due time either way!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They don't roll up to none of them shows with new announcements no more. AT BEST a gameplay trailer like they did for ghost. A new game announcement? Ain't happening
Yeah that's why I was asking, I can't remember the last time Sony actually revealed a brand new game at such a showcase, that always seems to be saved for their own showcases. And that's why I'm not expecting a brand new reveal at Summer Game Fest from Sony, maybe Horizon DLC or something like that, maybe another studio partnership like we got the Deviation Studio partnership but that's it.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's good for the image of any publisher, or platform holder, having games that not succeed and with bad reviews. GaaS games when fail normally do it with a bang. Square Enix had a taste of that with Avengers, Babylon Falls
I think Sony is betting on a lot of horses in the GaaS space because it's hard to predict which games will succeed and which won't. Avengers game with AAA production value and good developer pedigree? Flop. Rocket League, Among Us, Fortnite? Massive hits. Who could have predicted any of those prior to launch.

If even a couple pan out well and can sustain a player base, Sony will probably be happy.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I think Sony is betting on a lot of horses in the GaaS space because it's hard to predict which games will succeed and which won't. Avengers game with AAA production value and good developer pedigree? Flop. Rocket League, Among Us, Fortnite? Massive hits. Who could have predicted any of those prior to launch.

Also targeting very different genres with what we know. Twisted Metal, Haven (social community), Factions 2 (BR/Escape from Tarkov) etc.

XB1NH0

Dec 7, 2017
Agree with the massive hits but Avengers since was first shown it was written that would fail. People complained from character faces to game's system.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
List of partners includes PS. Wonder what token trailer or announcement they'll throw to Keighley.
In the IMAX trailer, the games that we see the most are Elden Ring, Horizon, Batman and Tina.
There are some shots of Forspoken and Gran Turismo.

So Horizon DLC and Forspoken (which the new Death Loop and we will see this game 53 times) would be my guess.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
boards.greenhouse.io

PlayStation Global

Our Project Management team at Insomniac Games is growing and we are looking Project Managers to join us. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for anticipating production challenges and proactively drives solutions that enable project teams to realize ideas without compromising quality or well-being. Often anticipates, forms a plan of action, and achieves buy-in with teammates. Collaborates with teams to achieve project milestones, solve production problems, and maintain studio momentum. May be responsible for coordinating multiple disciplines for their assigned section of the game. Please note this is a Fixed Term position, expected to last 12-18 months.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with you at all. The start of this generation has been way better than the last one, there is always a new game I am eager to play and my backlog is always growing.

I wish I could say the same, but my experience this gen has been pretty miserable. Virtually nothing has come out, or is announced, that matters to me even a little bit and I have nothing on the horizon that I'm looking forward to. Post Elden Ring/Stranger of Paradise, 2022 is a corpse of a year across all platforms.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with you at all. The start of this generation has been way better than the last one, there is always a new game I am eager to play and my backlog is always growing.
Not me. Which is a good thing since I can't get a PS5.

The coming months/year are going to be pain though. Ragnarok, TLoU remake, Factions and RE:4 are going to be a bitch to not play because I can't find a PS5.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, those trebuchet history vids are very useful...

I actually have no idea of what you are talking about, I guess I skipped that one lol

But anyway, the point is more about the duration. Sony had shows over 1h in the past (most recent one when PS5 was unveiled). It's just that last two main showcases were only around 40 minutes. And when you only do one of those a year, that's kinda lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.