• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Not talking about anything recent but last year with Sony sponsoring Japanese Indie event and saying they will support global indie devs such as those in Japan.

www.siliconera.com

Sony Interactive Entertainment to Support Indie Developers Through Planned Initiative

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that it plans to support indie developers through the Indie Game Incubation program.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Yeah I don't know what could be cooking behind the scenes there but I imagine Sony's indie outreach is more global than we might think. They have a similar program in Spain (or was it South America?) and we got some indies from that region.

PhillyPaw

Apr 11, 2021
What y'all are hoping to see in the eventual Spiderman 2 demo?? For me I hope they show how web-swinging is improved , As only that will make me buy the game tbh .

A good 5 min gameplay/story trailer like the first 2 games had. Specifically looking for the smoke to be improved. If you look at the teaser from last year, the environment was greatly improved but the smoke was running at 30 or sub 30 fps. Looked strange. Maybe a Mysterio/Sandman reveal as well

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Footnote 116 from the REGULATION (EC) No 139/2004 MERGER PROCEDURE in relation to Microsoft acquiring ZeniMax. The date is March 5th, 2021, the document was generated between January 29th and that date:

116 Form CO, Figure 4. The life cycle of the last console generation lasted 8 years, whereas older console generations had a longer duration, exceeding ten years. As regards the current generation, Microsoft and Sony expect to discontinue the sale of the respective consoles during the course of 2028, as indicated in Annex 14 to the Form CO, footnote 15.
From the xbox thread, in january 2021 Sony and microsoft expect this gen to end in 2028

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
What y'all are hoping to see in the eventual Spiderman 2 demo?? For me I hope they show how web-swinging is improved , As only that will make me buy the game tbh .

I'm not worried about gameplay or story beats as I know Insomniac will nail those…

Some kind of hint of a bigger Marvel gaming world world outside of Spidey or a tie in to the Wolverine game would get me insanely hyped.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to buy ratchet and clank but at 90$ Canadian pre taxe is a hard for me. Anyone know if there are any sales coming soon?

ryambo

Jan 31, 2022
Scotland
Not being funny, but regards to the Horizon bundle that they are doing with the PS5s, why weren't they doing this from day 1?
For Demon Souls, Ratchet, Miles, Horizon, Returnal.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good thing you can get the systems just by themselves and not be forced to buy a bundle.
Just curious as to why they wouldn't do it if they would sell regardless.

The only reason I can think would be that if a lot of people bought a bundle with a game they didn't want the resell value used would tank and therefore affect game sales that way - because the resell market would be flooded with copies?

Am I missing something haha?
Again I think it's good they ain't forcing it.

Just don't get it.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
That was probably pre covid.
Also starting to notice that some stuff you post here is ending up on twitter, like the new IP from insomniac post lol
It was early 2021 so during COVID and xbox don't have as much stock problem as playstation thanks to serie S, so if they decide to begin the gen in 2028 i don't think Sony will wait
So i'm the new insider 👀 lol

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Not being funny, but regards to the Horizon bundle that they are doing with the PS5s, why weren't they doing this from day 1?

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good thing you can get the systems just by themselves and not be forced to buy a bundle.

The only reason I can think would be that if a lot of people bought a bundle with a game they didn't want the resell value used would tank and therefore affect game sales that way - because the resell market would be flooded with copies?

Just don't get it.
Maybe a logistics issue? Don't quote me, but a lot of the time bundled-in games usually come later because they improve attachment rates

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They gotta produce as much as they can before Spider-Man 2 drops.
If they meet their target I think that'd put them at just under 40 million PS5s, which seems like a good number considering that'd still be months away from Spider-Man 2 if that's in the Fall.

Just don't get it.
I don't think official console + game bundles at launch are that common.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

Just don't get it.

It's better to keep that $499 price tag on the system early on and let the retailers do the bundling themselves. Now they have a popular game they can attach to the system for a bit higher price tag and not many people will care about it, they'll just be happy if the bundle is in stock.

ryambo

Jan 31, 2022
Scotland
Maybe a logistics issue? Don't quote me, but a lot of the time bundled-in games usually come later because they improve attachment rates
Just had a thought that they probably want the buy-in value to seem as low as possible.
Having the $400 and $500 console probably gets more people to go pick one up and not make you think so much about the cost of the games themselves.

Certainly adds up.
It's better to keep that $499 price tag on the system early on and let the retailers do the bundling themselves. Now they have a popular game they can attach to the system for a bit higher price tag and not many people will care about it, they'll just be happy if the bundle is in stock.

Yeah was just thinking that.
Makes sense.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just reached Seattle in my TLoU2 grounded playthrough.

Has been ok so far but I really have not had much in the way of big encounters yet - there are a few in particular coming up that I am dreading.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Just reached Seattle in my TLoU2 grounded playthrough.

Has been ok so far but I really have not had much in the way of big encounters yet - there are a few in particular coming up that I am dreading.
I feel like the most difficult/annoying part of Seattle on Grounded difficulty was when you are in the broken subway lines and you are making your way to the theater while a horde is chasing you. Are you also doing the Permadeath run (trophy) at the same time?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
They're starting to upload some stuff for PS Classics in Asia, price should 5 bucks for oddworld and worms party and 10 bucks for armageddon in direct conversion:
Experience Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1 Emulation) (English)

Experience Oddworld Abes Oddysee originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Selected by the fickle finger of fate, Abe, floor-waxer first class for RuptureFarms, was catapulted into a life of adventure when he...

Worms Armageddon [PS1 Emulation] (English)

Experience Worms Armageddon originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Those intrepid invertebrates return with a vengeance in the much-loved Worms™ Armageddon. It’s a whole new can of worms It’s hilarious fun that...

Worms World Party [PS1 Emulation] (English)

Experience Worms World Party originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. With both single player and up to 6 players leading their worms into manic multiplayer mayhem, this unique, wacky, outrageous, addictive and...

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the most difficult/annoying part of Seattle on Grounded difficulty was when you are in the broken subway lines and you are making your way to the theater while a horde is chasing you. Are you also doing the Permadeath run (trophy) at the same time?

Nay, will save that for another playthrough at some point. I will probably do that after the remake of 1 is out.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
They're starting to upload some stuff for PS Classics in Asia, price should 5 bucks in direct conversion:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1 Emulation) (English)

Experience Oddworld Abes Oddysee originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Selected by the fickle finger of fate, Abe, floor-waxer first class for RuptureFarms, was catapulted into a life of adventure when he...

Worms Armageddon [PS1 Emulation] (English)

Experience Worms Armageddon originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Those intrepid invertebrates return with a vengeance in the much-loved Worms™ Armageddon. It’s a whole new can of worms It’s hilarious fun that...

Worms World Party [PS1 Emulation] (English)

Experience Worms World Party originally released on the PlayStation® console, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. With both single player and up to 6 players leading their worms into manic multiplayer mayhem, this unique, wacky, outrageous, addictive and...
Isn't the new PS+ coming this week for the Asia region though? I think I remember seeing May 23rd or something.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
IMG_3707.png

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
If they can get most of the PS1 classics library up with that sort of pricing and features this should be REALLY good.

👆if they start uploading some of the bigger games at this price point? Damn, that's gonna be huge for me. Sony's been having a ton of ups and downs this Gen tbh but I think they really nailed this hey.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine a future where Sony are able to get the entire (or as close as possible to entire) PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5/PSP/PS Vita libraries on the current PSN. It'd likely take several years to make happen but it'd be nifty if that was an end goal. Obvious exceptions would be games from studios that no longer exist or have been acquired by other organization that wouldn't want to play ball, but not much you can do about those.

With their effort to include upscaled legacy games I wonder how far they'l go with it. The PS5 being able to play many PS4 games better was a start, and these enhanced PS1/PSP games is another great step forward. Should be fun to see how that continues, especially if they do eventually build a PS3 emulator and aim to enhance those games too.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a future where Sony are able to get the entire (or as close as possible to entire) PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5/PSP/PS Vita libraries on the current PSN. It'd likely take several years to make happen but it'd be nifty if that was an end goal. Obvious exceptions would be games from studios that no longer exist or have been acquired by other organization that wouldn't want to play ball, but not much you can do about those.

With their effort to include upscaled legacy games I wonder how far they'l go with it. The PS5 being able to play many PS4 games better was a start, and these enhanced PS1/PSP games is another great step forward. Should be fun to see how that continues, especially if they do eventually build a PS3 emulator and aim to enhance those games too.

I would love that. I've said it before. I have no problem paying a premium for a device that would play all of my PlayStation discs from all generations. Short of that, getting them all on the PSN would be a great win.

No idea what their long term plans are for the PS3 library, but hopefully they create an emulator that works for downloadable purchases. That was a fun library, but Sony really went stupid when creating "The Cell"

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

That would be a fever dream for me tbh

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I wonder if is it because the expectations were really low, but I'm starting to think that the service is actually really good.
And PS1 games are having features that I never imagine that Sony was going to implement them.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Gotta say, I'm really impressed with how Sony is handling PS1 classics thus far. Not making them exclusive to the subscription service, honoring PS3 purchases, and even pricing them fairly on top of that. I'm so used to being incredibly underwhelmed with their legacy approach.

Now we just hope they have a steady release of games every every month.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. So they added trophies AND bunch of emulation options? That's actually amazing.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. So they added trophies AND bunch of emulation options? That's actually amazing.
Not quite sure I'd say "amazing", I'd say the options are bare minimum these days... Dont get me wrong - the different screen settings, rewind, save states, trophies etc. are all absolutely great additions and will benefit several of those games loads, but I cant exactly praise them for doing what other retro releases have been doing for several years.
But as long as the releases dont suffer from excessive input latency, these will be great, should arguably be the best way to play many of these games. I look forward to seeing what other PS1/PSP games they have coming.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if is it because the expectations were really low, but I'm starting to think that the service is actually really good.
And PS1 games are having features that I never imagine that Sony was going to implement them.

Gotta say, I'm really impressed with how Sony is handling PS1 classics thus far. Not making them exclusive to the subscription service, honoring PS3 purchases, and even pricing them fairly on top of that. I'm so used to being incredibly underwhelmed with their legacy approach.

Now we just hope they have a steady release of games every every month.
Yeah, I'm pleasently surprised as well. If they can keep adding to the library consistently over time, this will end up incredible. Especially once they get PS3 emulation.

It's a good start so far.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite sure I'd say "amazing", I'd say the options are bare minimum these days... Dont get me wrong - the different screen settings, rewind, save states, trophies etc. are all absolutely great additions and will benefit several of those games loads, but I cant exactly praise them for doing what other retro releases have been doing for several years.
But as long as the releases dont suffer from excessive input latency, these will be great, should arguably be the best way to play many of these games. I look forward to seeing what other PS1/PSP games they have coming.
I literally expected just basic PS1 classics except on a sub service, so any effort is appreciated.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I literally expected just basic PS1 classics except on a sub service, so any effort is appreciated.
Well yeah in that case they went above and beyond. But I'd realistically have wanted just what they are doing. But then again I've been very critical of how this could have been handled since the first rumors. Basically... I didnt want another Nintendo Switch Online catalogue lol. The option to buy separate games (and decent prices) are very welcome as well. I'm hoping that at some point Capcom gets as many games up as possible - as Im totally buying those if they get trophies! (any excuse to plat more Capcom games!)

Status
Not open for further replies.