• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
So who wants to bet we are going to see Ragnarok at Keighley's show on Thursday?

Or are you all thinking it's now a 2023 game?
Personally don't see it being at Keighley's show tbh. Every big game by Sony had a SoP, so I don't really see the game being shown (with a release date) anywhere else before the typical SoP. But who knows.
Still believe in 2022. But it could get a November or December release date. That means that the game might be shown in July, August or at a showcase in September.
Don't really understand why everyone assumes September. Sony doesn't really care about the release month for their bigger games (and they shouldn't). Death Stranding was in November, TLOU2 and GoTsu in June & July.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
After FFXVI, I started to inch closer to team 2023.
Both games sounded like they are semi finished yet FFXVI is a year away.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So who wants to bet we are going to see Ragnarok at Keighley's show on Thursday?

I don't think we'll see it at Keighley's show because I don't think Sony would make an announcement as big as announcing the release date at a showcase which isn't theirs, and even if they did they surely would have teased it at the SoP.
I think we'll get God of War SoP at the of the month or early July with a September or early October date.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really understand why everyone assumes September. Sony doesn't really care about the release month for their bigger games (and they shouldn't). Death Stranding was in November, TLOU2 and GoTsu in June & July.

More often than not, Sony tends to release their games before the holiday rush (late October-Christmas). That is what currently makes September the better option for a release at this point.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Now do y'all think one of the 2 unannounced live service games slated to drop this FY will drop this year? Or are both more likely to drop next year before the FY ends?

With live service games it seems far more likely for them to get shadow dropped versus a single player blockbuster, so I can imagine it'd be hard to predict what route they may take. Factions 2 certainly has to be one of 'em, but I wonder if they'd drop it a few months before the HBO series or time it to be closer to the series? Since it's a live service title I imagine it doesn't matter as much.

Also it'll be interesting to see what they may do for Outbreak Day. With at least 3 impending TLOU projects (likely 4 since we have rumors of TLOU2 DC) you gotta imagine that they'll have something nifty for that occasion.

tioslash

Oct 29, 2017
Guess I'll list my predictions for Sony's participation in the SGF showcase:

- Returnal PC trailer
- Sackboy A Big Adventure PC Release trailer
- Some game announces PSVR2 support
- God of War Ragnarok trailer + release date

+ MAYBE another partnership announcement since we got Deviation at last years event.

It would be great if your predictions came true. :D

I agree that they show Ragnarok and then we get a dedicated State of Play sometime in July. And those two PC port announcements would be perfect as I´ve been waiting to play Returnal and maybe even try Sackboy but now that they announced both Spider-Man games coming out this year and Uncharted Collection still waiting for a date I am not so sure Sony would release these two anytime soon...Would love if it happened though.

tmac456

May 27, 2020
I'm not convinced, and seems weird they wouldn't mention it at one of their own SOP that was already under the Summer Game Fest banner. Seems like we're a few months off from seeing it if insiders are to be believed.

A few months from seeing it? All indications are it's coming out this year. Can't imagine it's going to be a few months till we see it unless they announce another delay

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I don't think we'll see it at Keighley's show because I don't think Sony would make an announcement as big as announcing the release date at a showcase which isn't theirs, and even if they did they surely would have teased it at the SoP.
I think we'll get God of War SoP at the of the month or early July with a September or early October date.
they announed Horizon's release date during a Keightley show already (which doesn't mean I would not bet on GOWR being part of thursday show)

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
More often than not, Sony tends to release their games before the holiday rush (late October-Christmas). That is what currently makes September the better option for a release at this point.
I get that, but plenty of games have been successful with a late release. And GoWR will sell gangbusters no matter what time of the year. The overlap between people who buy GoW day 1 and FIFA/CoD players is probably not that big.
Personally just don't September being a better option, but who knows what Sony is thinking

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I mean I think God of War Ragnarok can stand toe to toe with other big third-party releases with no issue. It's a hugely anticipated sequel to a hugely successful reboot of a beloved franchise and it can draw in millions of consumers upon launch no matter when it releases. I do agree with you that September is most likely but I don't think it's because Sony doesn't think it could perform well during the holiday season.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

I believe it's 2022 and I also believe it'll show up at the Geoffs. Just makes a lot of sense. They'll have a lot eyes on the event and with the sudden Sony X SGF thing going on, it's a very real possibility.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Okay, I've been gone from the forums, and this thread, for a while. And I have one question: what's with all the clown avatars? Lmao

Did I miss a avatar bet for the recent State of Play?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get that, but plenty of games have been successful with a late release. And GoWR will sell gangbusters no matter what time of the year. The overlap between people who buy GoW day 1 and FIFA/CoD players is probably not that big.
Personally just don't September being a better option, but who knows what Sony is thinking

I mean I think God of War Ragnarok can stand toe to toe with other big third-party releases with no issue. It's a hugely anticipated sequel to a hugely successful reboot of a beloved franchise and it can draw in millions of consumers upon launch no matter when it releases. I do agree with you that September is most likely but I don't think it's because Sony doesn't think it could perform well during the holiday season.

Oh I agree. God of War is a title that will sell against any other franchise. It could launch in September or November and sell just as well. My hunch is September though, mainly because Sony gets their games out early before the rush. More often than not, Sony seems to load most of their new releases in the first half. I've always found that curious personally.

Again, I just go off past trends when making these predictions. Like you said Tomato, who knows what Sony is thinking lol.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
At this point I am pretty confident that State of Play's Roller Drome is part of the Augsut PS+ Extra lineup. Seems the PlayStation Web Store now shows the exact hour a game launches in, and while most games have a midnight launch in the east coast (RE4 as an exception has a midnight launch on the west coast), Stray and Roller Drome launch at 11am and 12pm east coast respectively. And I believe I've said this before but both games launch on the 3rd Tuesday of their respective months.

Okay, I've been gone from the forums, and this thread, for a while. And I have one question: what's with all the clown avatars? Lmao

Did I miss a avatar bet for the recent State of Play?
There was a bet on whether Final Fantasy XVI launches this year.
It does not.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Last year Geoff was teasing the Elden Ring trailer, I expect he would do the same for Ragnarok if he has this trailer unless Sony is very strict about that.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Last year Geoff was teasing the Elden Ring trailer, I expect he would do the same for Ragnarok if he has this trailer unless Sony is very strict about that.
I wouldn't doubt the latter to be honest. And to be fair, the existence of an Elden Ring trailer at Summer Game Fest was already very well rumored by the time he teased that.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The update to performance mode in Forbidden West is wizardry... hot damn...

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I wouldn't doubt the latter to be honest. And to be fair, the existence of an Elden Ring trailer at Summer Game Fest was already very well rumored by the time he teased that.

There arent many rumors about Sony so i wouldnt expect there to be any about a potential Ragnarok trailer 😆
I just feel last year it benefited the hype allot knowing there was a Elden Ring trailer, it would be the same with a Ragnarok trailer so dont see any advantage for Sony restricting any teases.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
He teased it?
I thought it got leaked here, that is why everyone knew about it.
it got rumored to hell first, and then someone asked Geoff in some Q&A if he is going to be freed from gamer prison and he implied that he will. That was the "tease" as far as my memory serves me.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
it got rumored to hell first, and then someone asked Geoff in some Q&A if he is going to be freed from gamer prison and he implied that he will. That was the "tease" as far as my memory serves me.

He also posted a gif of a baby (or animal, can't remember) breaking out of a cage.

And then near the show starting posted a image of his head covering all the letters from SGF logo except the ER from summer.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Yes, but that was basically them trying to get everything out ahead of the Future of Gaming showcase. It was a very peculiar case. I imagine that without it they would have spread those 2 State of Plays more.

Thats true and the TLoU2 delay probably didn't help also timing wise.

He teased it?
I thought it got leaked here, that is why everyone knew about it.

Didn't he also post a picture of a moon with a ring around it? I remember something like that

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Thats true and the TLoU2 delay probably didn't help also timing wise.

Didn't he also post a picture of a moon with a ring around it? I remember something like that
I could have swear that was Omnipotent that leaked the trailer showing at SGF.
With a pic of a train teasing it.

But maybe I'm misremembering it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sony will definitely have something for Geoff, if I had to bet it is GOWR trailer with release date and dedicated SoP date or TLOUR reveal. Not seeing much else in the cards, I think those secret projects will be for December.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Holy moly, got a lot of responses. Happy for people who have things to play. And to those who, like me, are going through drought...I share your pain. Fall is not too far away, we'll survive haha

And when it comes to SGF. I don't think we'll get any bangers like God of War, but I fully expect some PC ports from Playstation (Returnal or something) and maybe something smaller like Helldivers 2 maybe?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
At this point I am pretty confident that State of Play's Roller Drome is part of the Augsut PS+ Extra lineup. Seems the PlayStation Web Store now shows the exact hour a game launches in, and while most games have a midnight launch in the east coast (RE4 as an exception has a midnight launch on the west coast), Stray and Roller Drome launch at 11am and 12pm east coast respectively. And I believe I've said this before but both games launch on the 3rd Tuesday of their respective months.
Interesting.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Want me to make the thread?
You will be the official Sony insider after it

Status
Not open for further replies.