• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They could at least tweet about those games announced for PS from the Nintendo Direct but instead they are so focused on this Avenger stuff. 😂

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Nah you're right. I have no issues with trusted people leaking stuff. But this is the result of it. People end up waiting for something to be announced every day until it is or they assume if it's not announced fast enough then it's not happening.

Look at those Nintendo threads about the rumored direct that actually happened. Before it was officially announced people were working themselves into a fit because their expectations weren't met on when Nintendo would announce it and believed nothing would happen. Then it got announced lol.

People just need to be patient.
Good point.

Well I if there is an annilouncement or update this week, that's cool but I'm not gonna sweat it if it doesn't. I feel Sony has a big open window after TLOU Part1 releases so there is still a good chance GOW2 gets released this year. My huge backlog and Steam Deck keeping me busy for the rest of the year.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
23th June, The Snitch leaked that GoW will be the 30th.
Since then, every single day, some people are saying "it's the day".
I don't understand...

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Both had trailers and long gameplays before those state of plays. With Ragnarok, it almost feels that Sony wants to people forget that the game was already announced just to re-reveal it and get the all press again.
What an annoying, entitled gamer attitude. You make it sound like it's wrong for Sony to want to maximize press for their biggest game just because you're impatient. You want to know why it's been so silent? Because the team is working so damn hard to get the game finished to make the release date this year. But oh no, must be some master plan by Sony!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
What an annoying, entitled gamer attitude. You make it sound like it's wrong for Sony to want to maximize press for their biggest game just because you're impatient. You want to know why it's been so silent? Because the team is working so damn hard to get the game finished to make the release date this year. But oh no, must be some master plan by Sony!
Don't bother. Really. It is coming this year and it is going to get announced this week. Facts.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
I recently finished the original FINAL FANTASY VII (PS4 version) so that I could jump into the Remake, since a lot of people suggested that the Remake experience is better when you know the original story.

Some thoughts:
- FF7's story is surprisingly good for its age
- 3x speed, disabling random encounters, and auto-healing & unlimited limit-breakers are lifesavers (probably wouldn't have finished it without them)
- I always immediately looked up if I didn't know how to proceed, with the help of guides, or full game videos on YouTube
- FF7 REMAKE's combat system is soooo good
- So far, I would agree with the people who said you have a better experience with the Remake if you played the original (not finished with the game yet though)

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Don't bother. Really. It is coming this year and it is going to get announced this week. Facts.
there still internal concern about making the release date. Now them officially announcing it this week might mean they are pretty confident, but I still wouldn't say it's guaranteed. Definitely won't be if they need to waste time making a bunch of videos and walkthroughs for the demanding fans.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I recently finished the original FINAL FANTASY VII (PS4 version) so that I could jump into the Remake, since a lot of people suggested that the Remake experience is better when you know the original story.

Some thoughts:
- 3x speed, disabling random encounters, and auto-healing & unlimited limit-breakers are lifesavers (probably wouldn't have finished it without them)
- I always immediately looked up if I didn't know how to proceed, with the help of guides, or full game videos on YouTube
- So far, I would agree with the people who said you have a better experience with the Remake if you played the original (not finished with the game yet though)
How long did it take you to beat with all those boosters? I'm gonna try playing vanilla first but will use them if it becomes necessary :)

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I would be ok with that tbh.
I'm buying the game day 1 no matter what they show.
Oh, people are expecting a SoP? I also expect a pre order trailer and a blogpost.

He didn't played it, he just didn't think of it when writing the list. And that was his point.
I spent an enormous time playing the game but nothing stick really. I had the same things with Ratchet and Clank.
Yup!

I think as Ashhong hinted at we will see Ragnarok and *the game that must not be named* will appear in a July show *IMO*
Edit: sorry I tag you so much ashhong😅😅

Kami

Jul 13, 2020

Some thoughts:
How long did the original take you with the speed boost and everything?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
there still internal concern about making the release date. Now them officially announcing it this week might mean they are pretty confident, but I still wouldn't say it's guaranteed. Definitely won't be if they need to waste time making a bunch of videos and walkthroughs for the demanding fans.
Doesn't sound like that to me.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
GoW Ragnarök is trending on Twitter. For a moment I thought something actually happened.
There are tweets about a fake announcement of a State of Play on the 30th and others talk about Ragnarök being now rated in Korea. Wasn't that news like a month or more ago?

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
How long did it take you to beat with all those boosters? I'm gonna try playing vanilla first but will use them if it becomes necessary :)
How long did the original take you with the speed boost and everything?
Just checked my save game, it says 20 hours. But I think you guys can beat it faster.

I didn't play with disabled random encounters and health regeneration & unlimited limit breakers for the first 7 hours (simply because I didn't know they exist lol).
Just played it with 3x speed in the first hours and also died a couple times. My guess is 16 hours if you play it with all boosters from start to finish.

But even my 20 hours are A LOT faster than if you would play the original version on the PS1. How Long To Beat says a Main Story only playthrough takes at least 36 hours. Main + Extras is at 50 hours.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Just checked my save game, it says 20 hours. But I think you guys can beat it faster.

I didn't play with disabled random encounters and health regeneration & unlimited limit breakers for the first 7 hours (simply because I didn't know they exist lol).
Just played it with 3x speed in the first hours and also died a couple times. My guess is 16 hours if you play it with all boosters from start to finish.

But even my 20 hours are A LOT faster than if you would play the original version on the PS1. How Long To Beat says a Main Story only playthrough takes at least 36 hours. Main + Extras is at 50 hours.
Awesome, thanks! Sounds super reasonable. I'm mostly in it for the story, so if I start to hit a roadblock I'll def do what you did and start cranking though

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Awesome, thanks! Sounds super reasonable. I'm mostly in it for the story, so if I start to hit a roadblock I'll def do what you did and start cranking though
Np, you're welcome.

These How Long To Beat numbers of 36 hours and 50 hours were a reason why I didn't touch the original FINAL FANTASY VII for a long time.
They should allow ratings for different versions on the website. I think a lot more people would jump into the PS4 port of FF7 to then play the Remake later, if they knew they could experienced the original story in 20 hours or even less.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017

In all honesty, they should take all the time they need. I think they took the time they needed for GoW 2018 and that's why it turned out to be such a masterpiece. I wouldn't mind them doing the same here.

Making content for SOPs, trailers, etc. is just taking resources and time away from the game, I like that they've just been heads down working away at it. As much as we crave every tidbit of news or new footage, the final game is what's most important.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020

jpmoney0421

May 16, 2022
Everyone is mad about God of War… thats what yall get for listening to leakers.

They will show it when it is ready. I wouldnt be suprised if at this point Sony is doing this to troll the leakers and or find out who leaked.

Think about how gangsters back in the day found the "rats"… put out false information narrow things down etc.

👀👀

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Np, you're welcome.

These How Long To Beat numbers of 36 hours and 50 hours were a reason why I didn't touch the original FINAL FANTASY VII for a long time.
They should allow ratings for different versions on the website. I think a lot more people would jump into the PS4 port of FF7 to then play the Remake later, if they knew they could experienced the original story in 20 hours or even less.
I tried getting through OG FF7, probably made it 10 hours or so in before I gave in to the "cheats". I really just wanted to experience the story at that point. I might play through it again before Rebirth comes out.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
boards.greenhouse.io

Insomniac Games

This role is specifically for a Combat Lead, who has experience developing and working with other disciplines on core combat systems, ranging from the player combat experience to enemy AI. Understanding how the core combat evolves over the course of the game to keep the player engaged, and how new challenges to that core experience are essential for continued engagement is a must.

boards.greenhouse.io

Insomniac Games

We are searching for a VFX Manager! This role will supervise the VFX department and help maintain the quality and artistic consistency of the department by upholding high visual standards set by the Art Director. This role is also responsible for the career management, training, and well-being of our VFX team.
Creates and animates real-time digital effects elements to meet and enhance art direction, including effects that reflect physical dynamics of natural phenomena.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
I tried getting through OG FF7, probably made it 10 hours or so in before I gave in to the "cheats". I really just wanted to experience the story at that point. I might play through it again before Rebirth comes out.
As soon as I knew you could disable random encounters, I activated that "cheat" immediately lol
I hate them in every game, totally kills the pacing imo

Hesitated a bit with the auto-healing and unlimited limit breaker at first, but I quickly realized that I play this game for the original story and for FF7 Remake, and not for anything else.

And btw, these "cheats" don't disable trophies, for the people who care about that.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If they're not 100% confident about whatever date they currently have in mind they honestly shouldn't announce it. I understand that delays are sometimes necessary and will always prefer playing the finished product later than a bug ridden version a couple of months earlier, but it would no doubt be frustrating to get a date which is only 4-5 months out only for it to be delayed.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Game development is fluid. I didn't say it wasn't going to, I said it could. There's still a lot of work to do.
All I can say is hopefully it doesnt. Beyond it just being the one game I was/am truly waiting for this year, I more so just dont want to deal with the storm of reactions that will follow from a second yearly delay.

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered a PS5 yesterday as my secondary console (Xbox is my primary). There are some obvious games I'll be purchasing/playing (FF7R, Horizon ZD + FB, Spiderman) but can anyone recommend anything that's on PS+ (or not) that someone like me who's mostly been on Xbox for the last decade may have not played? Quick note: I have played Death Stranding on Steam (10/10), and GoW on a PS4 when it released (Loved it).

Welcome to the family! TBH I've been intending to do the same thing with an Xbox Series S for ages - PS5 is my main console, but I'd like to get an Xbox to play a few games/series (particularly Halo; I used to be a big fan of the series but I haven't played any since Halo 4), and Game Pass is a stupid good deal and an easy purchase for any new console.

I think most people have recommended the best PS4 & PS5 games to play, but if you like platformers don't miss Tearaway, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Ratchet & Clank/R&C: Rift Apart. Dreams is also a wonderful creation tool if you have a creative side or want to see what the community has made.

This looks genuinely cool. I just hope they're able to build some interesting levels to play in and some interesting enemies to fight against.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
boards.greenhouse.io

PlayStation Global

Bluepoint Games has begun the exciting work of original development and seeks passionate, industry-leading talent to join our pursuit in crafting Game-of-the-Year quality titles. Our studio is renowned for critically acclaimed titles that exceeded what the world expected of us, from the remaster of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, to the remake of Shadow of the Colossus, and most recently the PS5 launch title Demon's Souls.

We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our design team. Work alongside industry-leading talent to build new worlds that challenge players and set new standards. We look forward to your creative solutions to make great games even better!
Tune key aspects of the game, including encounters, puzzles, and collision

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022

Some thoughts:
I believe that the Remake is mostly made with fans of the original in mind. At least for the fans, who aren't too precious about the original and understand that the remake is not a 1:1 copy, but more of an alternative take.
To really understand the themes and plot of FF7R and get the full effect, you need to have played the original. Newcomers still get a fleshed-out story, but it just won't have the same effect.
Similar to GoW2018. Fans of GoW 1-3 understood Kratos' journey and character development more deeply (especially the whole scene with the Blades of Chaos and his dialogue with Athena. That journey still works for newcomers to the series, but doesn't really hit in the same way.
Based on my belief. They delayed this game for a whole year already. I seriously doubt this is not going to release this year.
I suggest leaving your "beliefs" or speculation out of any conversation surrounding release dates. It's not really worth much in those kinds of discussions.
And the game wasn't delayed by a whole year. Unless you actually believe that the 2021 date was not just a marketing strategy to get even more people to buy a PS5 at the beginning of this gen. No game and especially a sequel of that scale takes less than 4 years with the amount of polish and quality that Sony games demand.
Game development is fluid. Everyone should be aware of that by now. The game will be out when it's ready.
Be patient and play some other games until it's ready. There are plenty of other great games on consoles right now.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of when the date is announced or when the game comes out, I just don't want Santa Monica to get burned out. The game should be as bug free & feature complete as it can be day one. I hope they have all the available time they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.