• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for something to play while waiting for Ragnarok and some other big fall games and I gotta say, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is really fun! I feel like it didn't get much buzz for one reason or another but it does a good job of shaking up the Borderlands formula just enough to bring me back in.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for something to play while waiting for Ragnarok and some other big fall games and I gotta say, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is really fun! I feel like it didn't get much buzz for one reason or another but it does a good job of shaking up the Borderlands formula just enough to bring me back in.

I'm going to check out the trial for this one with PS Plus premium, hope it's good! I have liked other Borderlands games in the past. Does Wonderlands have splitscreen coop?

Strimer

Jun 29, 2021
The trailer was leaked and got removed, you can see it here:
streamable.com

Watch 9-29 (1028p_60fps_H264-128kbit_AAC) | Streamable

Watch "9-29 (1028p_60fps_H264-128kbit_AAC)" on Streamable.
Does PlayStation have marketing rights to this game? If so, there's a chance this trailer was meant to be shown at a State of Play/other event. It seems to me that the release date and new gameplay is a bit too much important information for a simple info drop on a blog or a simple trailer upload. Could be nothing altogether.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Already finished it a couple of months ago but giving that Platinum a try is tempting. Even though it's ridiculously difficult :D
The way the dash move worked ruined any interest I had in the relics (well that, and the times needed were insanely tight). The rest of the game/trophies though? Amazing, some of the most fun I had with a 3D platformer. I need to go back and replay the PS5 version, just for the higher res and better load times (man the load times were bad on PS4 Pro...)

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Wo would have thought that all a game publisher has to do is make good games to be successful. Someone ought to tell this to EA.

They already know

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order tops 10 million copies sold

Electronic Arts said that Respawn Entertainment's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has sold more than10 million copies since it debuted last fall.

ftw.usatoday.com

Apex Legends has made more than $2 billion so far

Respawn’s battle royale keeps on growing.

www.ign.com

It Takes Two Sells a Massive 10 Million Copies - IGN

It Takes Two has now sold more than ten million copies, doubling its five million record set this time last year.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I need to find a list of all the games coming out the rest of this year. People saying its stacked but all I see that I am interested in are Stay, Forspoken and Ragnarok. This year looks barren for releases for me.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing will happen today.

tired-exhausted.gif

/pessimism

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped Crash 4 really quickly.... but only because I made the error of trying to collect everything rather than just enjoying the game. Now it's on Plus, I will just play levels and have fun.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Does PlayStation have marketing rights to this game? If so, there's a chance this trailer was meant to be shown at a State of Play/other event. It seems to me that the release date and new gameplay is a bit too much important information for a simple info drop on a blog or a simple trailer upload. Could be nothing altogether.
Its a PS console exclusive.
With that said I dont think we are going to have another general State of Play so soon after the last one, its been only a month, while general SoPs usually have at least 2 month gaps between each other, so they are probably just going to drop the trailer for it and open pre orders later today.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Fenix Rising was really really great - enjoyed it more than any AC game to date.

I've still got this sitting unplayed. When I finish Dark Cloud from PS Plus, I might picking up Fenix Rising. I understand it's a pretty straight forward Platinum as well.

So which PlayStation studios do you think will handle their own PC ports going forward versus having Nixxes handle them?

If the turn around in porting a game from PS5 to PC for Nixxes is roughly a year (assuming that they picked up Spider-Man from the minute they were acquired) then I could see it being a mix if PlayStation is looking to port games to Pc a year or two after they're released on PS5. They seem to be operating on a mix just now but they're also playing catch-up as it were. Not all titles may be selected for PC as well.

Good luck to Sony as they try to thread the needle and announce their videogame release date in between horrific, society-cracking events in the United States.

That seems like an impossible task with the way things are going over there. I thought things were going to improve after Trump left? Obviously the damage he did will be long felt before anything is turned around in a big way. This is the over simplified outlook from someone 3218 miles away right enough.

We're not doing that much better but sometimes I think it'd be a good idea to get the Empire back together? /s

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I need to find a list of all the games coming out the rest of this year. People saying its stacked but all I see that I am interested in are Stay, Forspoken and Ragnarok. This year looks barren for releases for me.
Cult of the Lamb
Saints Row
Tinykin
TLoU
Evil West
Deliver Us Mars
Tunic
Marvel Midnight Suns
A Plague Tale
P5 Royal
Gotham Knights
Star Ocean
CoD
RE Village DLC
Humankind
The Callisto Protocol

Valkyrie Elysium it seems

And of course others games that still have no solid dates (I am on Metracritic "coming soon").

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I want Diofield, Crisis Core or Valkyrie on PS Extra. Come on Sony, you are buddies with SE.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I want Diofield, Crisis Core or Valkyrie on PS Extra. Come on Sony, you are buddies with SE.
I doubt any of them will launch on extra (especially considering diofield, Valkyrie and Star Ocean 6 are all launching in the end of a month after when Extra lineup is supposed to refresh), but Sony was able to get FF7R on regular Plus within less than a year, so I won't be surprised if some of those will get added relatively quickly.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, with more Ubisoft Classics coming to Plus I wonder if Immortals Fenix Rising will be added as well. AC Valhalla released only a month before that game and it's on Plus, so I would think that in terms of time frame it'd qualify to be added.

I don't know much about the game beyond the initial trailer or two, but it seemed like something worth trying out.

I find it weird that AC Valhalla is on there but none of the other AC games. I'd actually prefer to play Origins and Odyssey more than Valhalla, and I would like to try a couple of the PS4 ones I never played like Unity and the London one.

Thanks for the feedback. Well, given we know so many games are coming and we know they were willing to put AC Valhalla on the service it does seem probable that IFR will appear on PS+ at some point.

Yeah, Fenix Rising is great. It's a lot like Breath of the Wild without the survival elements, but I honestly enjoyed it almost as much. Fantastic art and visuals too.

I've still got this sitting unplayed. When I finish Dark Cloud from PS Plus, I might picking up Fenix Rising. I understand it's a pretty straight forward Platinum as well.

Yeah, it's fairly easy although you're probably looking at 50+ hours to get it. I think my total time was 80-something hours, but my kids liked the game a lot so they spent a lot of time playing it too.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of TLOU Remake and God of War, Square Enix really is taking all my money for the rest of the year. Deeply interested in all their games releasing in 2022. I'm also surprised that all their games look so much better now than their initial showing.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
First time in a while I am kind of hyped for ps plus essential games. I need something to play after horizon and the Cuphead dlc won't last long.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Outside of TLOU Remake and God of War, Square Enix really is taking all my money for the rest of the year. Deeply interested in all their games releasing in 2022. I'm also surprised that all their games look so much better now than their initial showing.

They seem to be hitting a real run of form across all of their teams. As someone who has been a fan of Square games since the 90s, it's really great to see. I'm hoping a strong showing with Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth can really cement that they're back firing on all cylinders to the wider gaming community.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
They seem to be hitting a real run of form across all of their teams. As someone who has been a fan of Square games since the 90s, it's really great to see. I'm hoping a strong showing with Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth can really cement that they're back firing on all cylinders to the wider gaming community.

Feel the same. Square basically defined my childhood so it makes me happy to see their output as of late and it's giving me a bit of those Squaresoft feels ngl lol I think after Remake they fully earned my trust and I'm certain Rebirth is going to be great. Also given the team working on XVI, for the first time in a long time I'm not worried about FF 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.