• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, wonder what other initiatives SIE might have up their sleeves. We know PS Stars is still coming, it's a certainty that further Discord integration is coming, signs point to some form of PSN integration with PC and maybe mobile. There certainly seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes to make a larger and more cohesive ecosystem.

That pro controller reveal would be real nice. Especially if it comes out this year.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually so damn excited for Helldivers 2!

Screenshot-20220819-024838-You-Tube.jpg

unknown.png

Look at that difference! 👀

Something about their space/sci fi aesthetic just speaks to me. I really think this could be a similar leap to the one Housemarque made when they went from top-down and 2.5d to third person shooter.

This right here.

Yildiray

May 30, 2022
Germany
Finished Stray last night and it was a great experience, well paced, interesting story, I loved this game. Will we get maybe a Stray 2? Hopefully.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So with Kojima doing some recent editing, does the timing line up for that to possibly be a trailer for Death Stranding on GP PC? I would think not given how recent his editing comments were and I'd think such trailer would've had to be submitted weeks ago.

I still wonder what Kojima's been working on all this time after Death Stranding launched in 2019, beyond the obvious things like DS PC and DS DC. It seems that his deal with Microsoft is still in the really early stages and while we know of DS2 from Norman Reedus, I wonder if Kojima may have still been working on something else with SIE. We know he's got a PSVR2 devkit so either he's just dicking around with it, or is doing a VR mode for Death Stranding, or he's got something else in the works.

So, that said, could the editing he's been doing recently be for a PS Showcase next month maybe?

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
So with Kojima doing some recent editing, does the timing line up for that to possibly be a trailer for Death Stranding on GP PC? I would think not given how recent his editing comments were and I'd think such trailer would've had to be submitted weeks ago.

I still wonder what Kojima's been working on all this time after Death Stranding launched in 2019, beyond the obvious things like DS PC and DS DC. It seems that his deal with Microsoft is still in the really early stages and while we know of DS2 from Norman Reedus, I wonder if Kojima may have still been working on something else with SIE. We know he's got a PSVR2 devkit so either he's just dicking around with it, or is doing a VR mode for Death Stranding, or he's got something else in the works.

So, that said, could the editing he's been doing recently be for a PS Showcase next month maybe?

Whey PC Game Pass release will need a new trailer? It's literally the existing PC version... unless if it has some perks or supports achievements.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
September is coming which means a PlayStation showcase must be happening soon… right….
Here we go again...

This always start with baseless self-hype, and ends with someone threatening a dev. :-/

IMO they could easily skip September showcase this year. We are no longer in pandemic lockdown, they could switch attention to some other event later in the year [even a PSX in november/december].

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima's recent tweets about a completed edit is a trailer either for the playstation showcase, or Keighley's opening night live show.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
I think people overstate all comments around Bungie and their autonomy within SIE.

It's a fact that Hermen Hulst was part of negotiations prior the acquisition and Bungie will be important part of PlayStation Studios while not directly integrated within the structure.

I won't be surprised if Sony establish something like PlayStation Brands/Labels for companies like Bungie.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima is probably editing a trailer for the Xbox game for Gamescom as we saw him chat with Geoff recently.
Also, Sony is not showing stuff at Gamescom while Xbox are. So, I will be surprised if my assumption turns out to be wrong.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to Naughty Dog to give us life-like facial animations like no other.
Well, along with support from VASG, of course.

The amazing part about that is that the animation in the first game was all done by hand because ND didn't feel like there was any tech available at the time that could accomplish what they were aiming for. Now they're using some tech that's able to take what they were doing back then and refine it to a higher level. And they're somehow getting hand animated facial animation that's better than really any performance capture animation outside of their own work in Part II.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Very excited for the end of the year with all the good games releasing. Ragnarok being no. 1 for me.

But I feel a bit guilty buying them. My monthly electricity/gas bill has tripled. (€46 to €123) I can pay it without getting into problems luckily. But I think I'm going to feel guilty spending money on non-necessary things since this winter will probably be a shit show.

I think I'm going to allow myself a game for my birthday and for the holidays. Will be hard to choose though...

Anyone else tightening the belt a bit?

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The amazing part about that is that the animation in the first game was all done by hand because ND didn't feel like there was any tech available at the time that could accomplish what they were aiming for. Now they're using some tech that's able to take what they were doing back then and refine it to a higher level. And they're somehow getting hand animated facial animation that's better than really any performance capture animation outside of their own work in Part II.
And all done in real time this time, no less 👌🏻

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There is an event in September.
Source: That Helldivers clip that leaked was recorded by me, but I didn't mean for it to go public. I shared it with two people in private, one spread it, know not to trust them anymore.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The important question is where FF XVI is showing up again, a Showcase, TGS or what? 🙏

If there's another Showcase, I also hope it's better than last year's. June's SoP, however, was :chefkiss.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Source: That Helldivers clip that leaked was recorded by me, but I didn't mean for it to go public. I shared it with two people in private, one spread it, know not to trust them anymore.
I don't know how you could've thought to trust marsaippan esp after the whole bluepoint debacle they had.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So an like tradition Sony is choosing to do September again like last year and the year before that. Nice, can't wait.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you could've thought to trust marsaippan esp after the whole bluepoint debacle they had.
The person who shared it publicly isn't who I shared it with. Circulated, the reason I shared it was a bit of prove the Odin concept art was real to the Gaming Leak Subreddit since a dev called it fake (tweet now deleted), I could prove it wasn't. I think the moderator who vetted I had real Sony sources shared the Helldivers clip with a friend of theirs who shared it, so learned not to trust that moderator anymore. So that won't happen again.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The person who shared it publicly isn't who I shared it with. Circulated, the reason I shared it was a bit of prove the Odin concept art was real to the Gaming Leak Subreddit since a dev called it fake (tweet now deleted), I could prove it wasn't. I think the moderator who vetted I had real Sony sources shared the Helldivers clip with a friend of theirs who shared it, so learned not to trust that moderator anymore. So that won't happen again.
Also I'm confused. How a Helldivers clip have anything to do with a Odin comcept?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to see Helldivers 2 in a full trailer, I'm not going to watch the leaked footage but now I know I have something to look forward to that could be happening in the next few months. Ideally it would have been a surprise but HD2 has kinda been an open secret for a long time now, it was only a matter of time before footage spread.

There's clearly a balancing act developers have to make in regards to when to reveal stuff or if it gets leaked beforehand and the footage shown has a negative impact on a game's perception, or it's revealed too early and people get sick of waiting to hear more.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Would honestly rather nothing be said about potential shows. Just creates even more of an expectation now leading into September :/ but that's just me.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Makes no sense.
Having a clip of Helldivers doesn't prove he has acess to GoW art.

What i wonder is what else he showed from GoW to prove is real, that I bet is going to get leaked too.
I didn't want to share the GoW trailer outside of a two second clip with the "Dusk Golem was Here" thing slapped over the footage I mentioned. I had more GoW stuff, but I really don't want that to leak so was selective. The two other pieces of prove with that I chose was one thing that helped prove the Silent Hill stuff was real, and the Helldivers clip, since in conjunction it proved I have reliable Sony sources.

But sharing it when it was supposed to be in confidentiality so know I never planned to go public with it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Ohhhhh so they shared it to them then. That is nuts.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I didn't want to share the GoW trailer outside of a two second clip with the "Dusk Golem was Here" thing slapped over the footage I mentioned. I had more GoW stuff, but I really don't want that to leak so was selective. The two other pieces of prove with that I chose was one thing that helped prove the Silent Hill stuff was real, and the Helldivers clip, since in conjunction it proved I have reliable Sony sources.
So you telling me, that nothing GoW related is going to leak from the people you trusted?
Because I'm going to bookmark your comment.
Just in case I don't see a tweet from you saying the leak came from you.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So you telling me, that nothing GoW related is going to leak from the people you trusted?
Because I'm going to bookmark your comment.
Just in case I don't see a tweet from you saying the leak came from you.
At most a two second clip with my name over it and some concept art/old character bios. I hope it doesn't, but there wouldn't be any big spoilers, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.