• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagito

Oct 25, 2017
The windy city

Det

Jul 30, 2020
This just unlocked a memory for me.
This leaker said that Lily Gao would play Ada , in this tweet :

View: https://twitter.com/TheReaIInsider/status/1568876795658911744
And when I saw that, I was like "Mh, that corroborates with what someone else on youtube said when it was first announced.'
Guess who that youtuber was ?

View: https://youtu.be/VvgJ6mF7nV4?t=645

Dan is absolutely TheRealInsider lmao

This is fucking hilarious along with Angie's tweet link.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
He replied to one of the tweets that TheRealInsider was responding to.

As in, he forgot to switch his account to TheRealInsider.
I understood that, but who is he? I can gather that he's an insider on YouTube, but why would he hide his identity? From reading the thread, it sounds like he has some controversy surrounding him.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
This just unlocked a memory for me.
This leaker said that Lily Gao would play Ada , in this tweet :

View: https://twitter.com/TheReaIInsider/status/1568876795658911744
And when I saw that, I was like "Mh, that corroborates with what someone else on youtube said when it was first announced.'
Guess who that youtuber was ?

View: https://youtu.be/VvgJ6mF7nV4?t=645

Dan is absolutely TheRealInsider lmao

Naaaaaaaaaah, can't believe the dude got exposed like this lol 😂

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
whoops-my-bad-whoopsie-daisy.gif

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
I understood that, but who is he? I can gather that he's an insider on YouTube, but why would he hide his identity? From reading the thread, it sounds like he has some controversy surrounding him.
There isn't any controversy surrounding him. The implication is that at least some of the privileged information he is sharing under the guise of 'The Insider' is breaking NDAs.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

He's not an insider, he's a youtube journalist/reviewer who, just like the rest of his peers, has access to info slightly before everyone else.
But now he's fucked because that means he's breaking embargoes to get some attention with his leak side-account.
Also, it means that stuff he said for games that we won't get before a long while is bullshit.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
There isn't any controversy surrounding him. The implication is that at least some of the privileged information he is sharing under the guise of 'The Insider' is breaking NDAs.
He's not an insider, he's a youtube journalist/reviewer who, just like the rest of his peers, has access to info slightly before everyone else.
But now he's fucked because that means he's breaking embargoes to get some attention with his leak side-account.
Also, it means that stuff he said for games that we won't get before a long while is bullshit.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Man, when I googled his name, this was the first result:

to-catch-a-predator.fandom.com

Dan Allen

Daniel "Dan" Joseph Allen was a predator caught in the Riverside, California investigation of To Catch a Predator. He is notable for his initial nervousness upon being confronted and subsequent tough guy act after realising Chris Hansen isn't a cop. Daniel Joseph Allen was born on March 15...

I almost assumed the worst for a second, but that's a different Dan Allen.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
He is not an "insider" he is a YouTube content creator that occasionally gets invited to things under an NDA, like seeing the Assassin's Creed Showcase early. He abused the fact that he was invited to those to create an alt on Twitter as an avenue to break his NDAs.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

Dan Allen

Daniel "Dan" Joseph Allen was a predator caught in the Riverside, California investigation of To Catch a Predator. He is notable for his initial nervousness upon being confronted and subsequent tough guy act after realising Chris Hansen isn't a cop. Daniel Joseph Allen was born on March 15...

Lmao

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Yup, not for me.

I will be exploring. Hell, using PSVR and watching 3D or VR rollercoaster clips on Youtube was something.

I know this is something even more niche than VR gaming, but I hope 3D blu ray movies can still work. 3D, VR youtube or just digital content overall that's non gaming.

Agreed. The PS5 currently can't do 3D Blu-ray movies, and I want that to change. Then go even further and make a 3D streaming service just for PSVR2.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Dan Allen

Isn't that one from To Catch a Predator? lol

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
"insiders" lol

these people are not your friends and they are not looking out for "Gamers" they take advantage of the industry & the people in it and use their privileged access to make extra $$$ cuz they are greedy and cannot be trusted.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Late, but just saw Bungie got one of the people behind Arcane, I do hope that's a sign they are looking more into super high quality animation instead of live action, be dream tier if we get some of the beefy destiny lore in that form, god if we got something like the Thorn and Last Word story or the Iron Lords Vs the Warlords would make me soo happy.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the RealInsider had a good run. This Dan Allen guy seems like a youtuber/ games journo? Good luck getting any more access to info now lol.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
I found a Deviation Games video on Vimeo that has since been removed and he was in it during the office setup. Didn't recognize who he was at the time but it was 100% him.

EDIT: Not removed, it's here. 1:55 into the video

View: https://vimeo.com/695291132
ermYr3R.png

My interest for deviation games dropped as soon as jason left, he was one of the few devs that made me enjoy zombie mode in COD which is a real big feat since I hate everything in game that is related to realistic zombie/zombie like (I'm fine with cartoony one in games) I was looking forward to their work because of that I just hope his idea atleast get to be in the final build of their game.

Sep 6, 2022
So he used his privileged position as a youtube content creator being invited to see stuff early, and decided to break a bunch of NDA, to farm clout on the internet.

Bruh, every company that he screwed over is going to want their pound of flesh.
They will absolutely make an example of his ass, in order to deter any future would-be insiders from trying that stuff again.

Not to mention he will be blacklisted by any company for the foreseeable future.

All for attention 🤣

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he used his privileged position as a youtube content creator being invited to see stuff early, and decided to break a bunch of NDA, to farm clout on the internet.

Bruh, every company that he screwed over is going to want their pound of flesh.
They will absolutely make an example of his ass, in order to deter any future would-be insiders from trying that stuff again.

Not to mention he will be blacklisted by any company for the foreseeable future.

All for attention 🤣
Yeah. Is it worth risking your entire career to get some Twitter likes? Guess so...

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only the career but I'm sure they are liable to lawsuits if they signed a contract saying it's under an NDA. They are dealing with big corporations, you don't know how far they will take it.
I didn't even think about the broken NDAs. Damn. This dude is probably about to have a small army of corporate attorneys on his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.