• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
The Last Of Us part I looks unbelievable. Better than Part II thanks to the art direction.

That said, I didn't remember that Summer is actually the first half of the game and it's much weaker than the second half.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Oct 26, 2017
I think you missed the memo when you weren't playing or paying attention to HFW - you're only allowed to say the following only when you critique the game:
  • It's ugly.
  • It's easily forgotten (Did that game even release? I forgot it even existed)
  • It's MC is one point lower than the original therefore it's objectively worse and therefore bad.
I'm sure you'll keep this in mind for the future!

/s

You missed out:
  • Bitch won't shut up
😁

I really enjoyed it. Hope that we get at least one DLC for it of similar size to Frozen Wilds.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
In case people didn't saw it :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iEg4Eveqc0

Waiting for a regional ps account to leak Bloodborne pc *heavy breath of copium*

I hope it runs well out of the gate. It would make for such a great Steam Deck game.

It truly is the best start-up sound of any console in this industry and I wish it was an option for the PS5. Just that, an option. How hard would that be, Sony?

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/tradingview/status/1575111389118595074

Saw this randomly in my timeline. Will post this from now on when people again say "tHe pS5 pRiCe iNcReAsE Is jUsT GrEeD, aRrOgAnT SoNy fRoM ThE Ps3 ErA Is bAcK".

Honestly, I don't think the price increase for the ps5 is that bad. The reason also makes sense. The other currencies are very weak compared to the dollar and some hardware parts have risen incredibly in price.

What bothers me more is the "PS5 tax" by 10 €. Especially since sony did it, it only encourages other publishers to do the same. I doubt very much that square would have made the ps5 exclusives Forspoken, FFXVI and FF7 Rebirth 79€ when playstations own exclusives are only 69€.
Some may say it's only 10€ but in the long run it will make a huge difference. Just looking at 2023 where there will be more current-gen only games:
I am very hyped and want to buy day 1 Spiderman 2, FFXVI, Forspoken and if it makes it to 2023, FF7 Rebirth. These 4 titles alone would cost me fucking 316€.
Of course there are ways to push the prices down by buying them physical or you can get 80€ psn credit for 60€ but still it's not a good thing.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
You can post this all you want, as long Microsoft and Nintendo don't raise their prices, it's gonna be a bad look for them.

Yep. While one can argue that Nintendo never dropping the Switch price in 6 years is basically equivalent to a price increase and Microsoft simply has so much more money that they can prioritise PR, the fact is that Sony (and PlayStation especially) is doing extremely well and didn't need to raise the prices.

Though I suppose you can argue they need all the money they can get to compete against MS in the acquisition wars.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the platinum for forbidden west and I've to say this was a huge disappointment. The story is significantly worse compared to the first (wtf happened to the mystery? the story feels like one giant side quest to collect the sub function), and while the traversal is better the best thing about it is kept until the last 10% of the game for some reason?!

Melee while improved, wasn't really viable since a legendry bow is much better in taking enemies down than melee. And I was hoping they would try to do something different with the cauldrons this time but they didn't. It's the same "couple of simple puzzles and then a large boss at the end".

And I understand it's difficult to make content but I wish devs would avoid copying and pasting the same side activities all over the map. I'd rather have a smaller map with less activities that is unique (and actually fun) instead of whatever we had in this game. Some of the things in the game were fun like the fighting pits and the hunting grounds but things like the robots thing and the bazillions rebels camps/outposts were so tedious and brought the game pace to a screeching halt if you were trying everything the game has to offer.

Game technically was marvelous tho, I don't think any open world game except RDR2 came close to this game.

I was hoping this was going to be a huge breakthrough compared to the first, but this feels like one step forward two steps back. I was excited since while the first game wasn't perfect, it had a huge potential for growth and all the interviews prior to release made it feel like they understood exactly what they needed to improve.

Regardless, the game still has a fantastic combat and if they're making a MP Horizon game focused on the combat I think it could be much better without the focus on story or side activities they have here.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum for forbidden west and I've to say this was a huge disappointment.

Shame you didn't enjoy it as much as hoped. You made a good point there about games should cut things back and focus on more meaningful content at times over sheer scale, it's something I support. I'd take Kamarocho any day over a world the size of Oblivion, there's a lot more meaning in the character and setting for me, and while there's a subjective aspect to it, sometimes having scale just feels draining and after a certain point going "Oh there's another pretty vista" makes an otherwise amazingly crafted world with careful design considerations feel by the numbers.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Uh...EA is really all-in on PS5/XSX|S/PC gen. (excluding sport titles ofc)

View: https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1575442094973386753

Already 4 "current gen" games confirmed by the end of fiscal year.

It definitely makes sense. At least from what we see with sales data and such it seems like sales from last-gen consoles have dried up to the point that it doesn't seem like there's enough there to keep making games for them when the tradeoff is that you can make the current-gen versions even better.

Hippoku

Banned
Sep 28, 2022
Wow Tony Flame joined Deviation Games

View: https://twitter.com/Tony_Flame/status/1568008687100510210?s=20&t=ePn5erw0hDa7v1ska6iKPw

I love all the talented people at Deviation Games
FZ0-FWUo-WQAE5-l7.jpg

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Just got the platinum for forbidden west and I've to say this was a huge disappointment. The story is significantly worse compared to the first (wtf happened to the mystery?
Did you play the first one? Because the mystery gets revealed there at the end.

I also think the story is worse, but I never expected otherwise since the main pull of the first game was the mystery behind the world. They had some good ideas like Sobeck having a relationship with Tilda and thus she wanted to take Aloy with her, but the delivery at the end was kinda weak imo.

Lets see what they'll do in a 3rd game. They basically have to change up things drastically, since they now have all the knowledge of the Old Ones with APOLLO, and GAIA is now complete. So they now can basically rebuild society with modern tech, and especially modern weapons. They will need them also to make a fight against Nemesis, a threat that even a futuristic society like the Far Zeniths couldn't defeat, somewhat believable.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
That's and old news. There were some rumors that other big faces will join Deviation after Jason Blundell has left the studio. If they are joining PlayStation studios, probably some changes will be announced alongside the acquisition.

Be interesting to see in a few weeks if Sony acquired Deviation. Since we are following the same pattern of Haven.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Yep. While one can argue that Nintendo never dropping the Switch price in 6 years is basically equivalent to a price increase and Microsoft simply has so much more money that they can prioritise PR, the fact is that Sony (and PlayStation especially) is doing extremely well and didn't need to raise the prices.

Though I suppose you can argue they need all the money they can get to compete against MS in the acquisition wars.
That's what I'm saying.

It's not that they're not right to raise the prices, I'm sure they are. Apple raised the price of the iPhone by 200€ across the entire product line in Europe.
But as long as they're the only one in this market, it's a bad look in comparison.

That said, much like the PS5 games price increase, I don't there's going to be any significant backlash in Europe either. While shitty, it's not like people have a choice. What are they going to do? Buy an Xbox? Thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.