• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The Horizon leaks are 100% real, it's what I was referring to with this a few weeks back:
www.resetera.com

PlayStation Studios |OT30| Every day we Stray closer to Ragnarök Sony - OT

For better or worse, there's one more PS4 era Sony game getting a PS5 face-lift I know of that I don't believe is too far out from getting announced. This will be my one comment on it, not elaborating, but I am of the personal opinion I don't even know why they're graphically remastering the...

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I hate leaks like this. This could just be a Horizon Director's Cut with a native ps5 version which I don't think anyone would find that big a deal, but because of this uncertainty everyone's freaking out like it's a full-bore remake when the former is more likely than the latter. I wish people would just wait until we have the actual news to get mad about it, haha.
I would care either way because you know I not force to buy anything. But yes this is another reason why I hate leakers not one lesson was learn from multiple leaks.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Horizon remake about to set the world on fire and sell 1000 copies in the first 3 days! But for real though, a multiplayer game seemingly got leaked and the focus is on some remaster?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The Horizon leaks are 100% real, it's what I was refering to with this a few weeks back:
www.resetera.com

For better or worse, there's one more PS4 era Sony game getting a PS5 face-lift I know of that I don't believe is too far out from getting announced. This will be my one comment on it, not elaborating, but I am of the personal opinion I don't even know why they're graphically remastering the...
I have a feeling you have to stop showing leaks to your friends lol

Jul 2, 2021
If this project is anything more than a simple remaster just to have a PS5 version, it's a waste of resources, if you have enough free people and time to remake a game then you can put them on a smaller project, not everything needs to be AAA
They are not interested in AA games. I think that's pretty much clear at this point. You won't see a Concrete Genie from studios like Guerrilla, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio or Sucker Punch. You won't even see a Concrete Genie from PixelOpus these days.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Keep them coming Sony.

I would happily buy a PS5 version of GoW2018 and TLoU2. Go even further and remake the other games stuck on PS3 like the 5/6 of the Greek era GoW games.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This is why I hate leaks like this. This could just be a Horizon Director's Cut with a native ps5 version which I don't think anyone would find that big a deal, but because of this uncertainty everyone's freaking out like it's a full-bore remake when the former is more likely than the latter. I wish people would just wait until we have the actual news to get mad about it, haha.
It's more than that
however we were told that the remake features an improved lighting system (ambient occlusion, and such), overhauled textures. and better animations, with new character models to match those found in the sequel, Horizon Forbidden West.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The Horizon leaks are 100% real, it's what I was referring to with this a few weeks back:
www.resetera.com

smh. Sony completely lost it

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

I was hoping it was TLoU2.

:(

Raigor

May 14, 2020
www.resetera.com

Oh it's real then.

Baffling.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. At least the MP could be decent.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares if they call it a remaster or remake, as long as they try to sell it for $70 bucks it should be criticized.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

But like, I think there's a distinct clarification needed on whether or not it's a remaster or remake? If this is just another DC-type release then it's honestly pretty inconsequential

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck Sony, what the fuck are you doing.

At least make a Bloodborne remake/remaster.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
But like, I think there's a distinct clarification needed on whether or not it's a remaster or remake? If this is just another DC-type release then it's honestly pretty inconsequential

Yeah, the reaction here is so overwrought to me when none of the damn details are out. It might just be like the TLOU remaster back in the ps4 days.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
At least it will be a free upgrade, right?

200.gif

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Remaster 100%, not a remake. Mostly a graphical face-lift.
I suppose they'll call it Directors Cut or something then.

Welp. I really wish we knew more about their VR projects, especially their hybrid strategy. I wonder if there are flat-screen games which we know of, which will be playable in VR...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this, even though I don't really get the point in it, they can do what they want. I'm sure there's people that will be excited for this, and will enjoy it. I'm not against it existing. And it's not like this is the only thing that's up or anything, I hope those it's aimed for enjoy it.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I really wonder how is Sony going to release this remastered, Forbidden West and the MP game on PC.

All in the same year?

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Remasters are a form of preservation and are more than welcome. It's the industry trend of remaking every game in existence that annoys me.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Import a bunch of character models from Forbidden West, turn the graphics up the highest settings from the PC version, fix some of the shittiest animations and boom! $70 baby!

If they do like Uncharted and Death Stranding and offer a $10 upgrade, I wouldn't mind it. If there's no upgrade path, then yeah I'm not touching it.

Remasters are a form of preservation and are more than welcome. It's the industry trend of remaking every game in existence that annoys me.

Yeah if it's just a Director's Cut style thing then I have no problem with it. A full-on remake would be totally unnecessary.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'll say this, even though I don't really get the point in it, they can do what they want. I'm sure there's people that will be excited for this, and will enjoy it. I'm not against it existing. And it's not like this is the only thing that's up or anything, I hope those it's aimed for enjoy it.
Could be a bundle with a sequel and the MP maybe.

But that is probably asking too much.

Eitheir way I already platinum both games, so this is not for me lol

I just care for the MP

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I will buy a Horizon Zero Dawn remake day one at full price.

I would rather the PS2 Ratchet games remade from the ground up.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the reaction here is so overwrought to me when none of the damn details are out. It might just be like the TLOU remaster back in the ps4 days.

Even Uncharted 4 as well. I don't get the reaction to this. But it's probably because the leak brought up TLOU P1 and now everyone is riled up again.

Remaster 100%, not a remake. Mostly a graphical face-lift.

Thanks. That's an important distinction imo so appreciate you clearing that up.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
If we knew about more than two games that are coming out next year (SM2, Stellar Blade), then I really wouldn't care about HZD getting a remaster/remake, but currently, it makes no sense and only amplifies the need for more news about upcoming games, especially since we unofficially know about Helldivers 2, Horizon MP, Firewalks game, etc

Also, I have no idea who this remaster is for, I know a TV show is coming out but the game is already available on both console & PC and looks and plays great, like I can't see a world where consumers flock to this if its £70 unlike TLOU

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Lance Reddick was trolling us. He was probably re-recording improved cutscenes for the HZD remaster! 🤯

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Sony can do whatever the fuck they want, clearly its their directive but this feel like such a pointless thing to do when you have a treasure trove of games that are literally stuck on systems that either has no BC on current platforms or stuck waiting to be localized.

Status
Not open for further replies.