• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
SIE in general is pretty hands off as far as we know so I dont imagine they will really push ND for TLoU 3 if they want to do something else first.

Even Neil said with TLoU2 when he made the pitch to the SIE higher ups he expected allot of push back but everyone was like yeah go ahead.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
They knows nothing
Grubb and Andy think Neil is doing all this talk about doing what they want as a powermove and is as much a statement for us than it is for sony (like to say to SIE we can do what ever we want)
Grubb think that maybe they want to make TLOU3 and they're rumor about it but he think we could get something new between Faction and TLOU3
Andy guess that maybe they're wroking on something new
Jordan ask if maby they give another studio to tell a side story in TLOU universe ND give Grubbgive exemple of how Visual group tried and failed for uncharted and how it's extremely hard to do build teams in today market
But they knows nothing and just their guesses opinion
Thank you.

redbomb6

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah. KH3 has plenty of good moments, even if the storytelling is messy as hell.
I actually preordered KH3 years before it came out since I got like a 25% discount and forgot about it. It finally got delivered to me like 4 years after I preordered it. I remember playing the first 5 hours or so and falling off of it cause I just couldn't care about what was going on. The funny thing is that I never owned any KH game before. My only experience with KH was playing KH2 at my cousins place as a kid and enjoying it.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
It appears that Sony has an exclusive Superman title in the works according to Microsoft's lawyers:

image.png

I wonder who the developer could be.

Unbelievable mistake on behalf of the lawyer.

It's spelled 'Super-Man'.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
I want to give KH3 another chance

BUT

I love my story driven games , can I still have fun with KH3 even if the story is a mess ? Can I undestand the story even if I don't have a PhD ?
You'll get the most out of it by playing through all the games, but of course not everyone has the time to put into it. Without any prior knowledge of the games you wouldn't have a clue what's happening story wise but it really isn't as confusing as people make it out to be as long as you've played them all 🤷🏻‍♂️

viciman1

Banned
Jan 23, 2022
I want to give KH3 another chance

BUT

I love my story driven games , can I still have fun with KH3 even if the story is a mess ? Can I undestand the story even if I don't have a PhD ?

No. Skip scenes and try to have fun with the gameplay so you can reach the DLC and experience peak gaming, the best story stuff is almost all callbacks to past KH, they are pretty emotional and good but nothing first time players will get a lot from. I only recommend KH3 if you want to play the DLC and like difficult boss battles.

I think KH4 will be great tho, next story arc seems way better, its been better planned out and it's a semi-reboot so you can always wait for that one if you want to enjoy the story of a KH game (or play KH2).

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I guess the "power move" theory would stem from the Schreier report about how Sony emphasizes on blockbuster games but isn't that report just how Sony studios in general have been moving in that direction rather than just some unwritten mandate from higher ups?

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Do you live to create challenges for players that push them to the limit of their skills? Do you obsess over the perfect enemy composition to match an environment? Do you have a passion to work with a team to create, tune and iterate on the combat gameplay loop?

If so, we are looking for an Senior Encounter Designer who knows how to meld interesting layouts and challenging enemies into compelling game encounters. If you have shipped an action or stealth title where you helped make awesome gameplay, please send us your resume.
Deliver interesting and varied encounters in an open world game, with a particular focus on melee combat and stealth.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever could it be I wonder!

Ghost Of Cole

Cole McGrath travels back in time thanks to a Ray Sphere to Japan during the age of the samurai. He must fight his way back to his own timeline but must face not only the seasoned warriors of the Shogunate; but also the others who came with him and are gaining power and influence.

viciman1

Banned
Jan 23, 2022
I guess the "power move" theory would stem from the Schreier report about how Sony emphasizes on blockbuster games but isn't that report just how Sony studios in general have been moving in that direction rather than just some unwritten mandate from higher ups?

That whole article was stupid because the content contradicted the title and the angle it was going for lol. Sony was supossedly going only for big franchises and extremely safe games and the article mentions as an example... Days gone not having a sequel (first contradiction given it worked really well sales wise), having its developers moved to Uncharted but Sony actually giving Bend studio the opportunity to move to a new IP and stop working on a known IP once they asked for it.

What I got from that article is that Sony is interested more in prestige games than games that "only" sell well, like they are taking the HBO approach, and giving Bend a new opportunity to make a new IP would support that.

ND it's the studio with the most prestige out of every Sony studio, they probably have the most freedom of all.

Last edited:

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
🙂

Yeah, Sucker Punch has the most easy to guess what game they are working job listings.

I posted this one because they are highlighting stealth and I know some here are looking for better stealth gameplay from the new game.
I wonder if it's far enough for them to give at least a little tease at the showcase this year, first one was what 2020? Assuming of course the bulk of the studio moved on immediately that's almost 3 years of development.

Ghost Of Cole

Cole McGrath travels back in time thanks to a Ray Sphere to Japan during the age of the samurai. He must fight his way back to his own timeline but must face not only the seasoned warriors of the Shogunate; but also the others who came with him and are gaining power and influence.
Lol I wonder if they'll ever decide to do another infamous

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it's far enough for them to give at least a little tease at the showcase this year, first one was what 2020? Assuming of course the bulk of the studio moved on immediately that's almost 3 years of development.
Yes, Ghost of Tsushima was released in July 2020. I think that is possible to see the next game at the showcase.

Can't wait to see how the game will look on PS5.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Not much new info, but more confirmation that firesprite narative game is Supermassive like game (angie will be happy)
Before it was
Capture_decran_2023-03-16_a_21.26.03.png

Now it's :
Capture_decran_2023-03-16_a_21.25.40.png

And this about gameplay
We are looking for Senior Cinematic Artist on a story driven horror blockbuster with genre defining goals. This is a unique opportunity to work on game with cinematic flair that draws on established cinematic language, blended uniquely to deliver a truly filmic gameplay experience.
  • Elevate the cinematic storytelling through strong emotional and psychological camera and editing.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Not much new info, but more confirmation that firesprite narative game is Supermassive like game (angie will be happy)
Before it was
Capture_decran_2023-03-16_a_21.26.03.png

Now it's :
Capture_decran_2023-03-16_a_21.25.40.png

And this about gameplay
"Filmic" feels like a pretty generic term to describe a Cinematic Artist job position imo. I don't think it really suggests it'll be a SM/QD-like game.

Oct 28, 2017
I bought Elden Ring, but I am struggling to read the text in the menus. I can't believe this. I have a 32inch TV and I am sat 2m away, as usual. I am squinting. Might try to apply for a refund somehow. It is shocking that it lacks basic accessibility options to increase this.

EDIT: Sorry, misread this as a general PS thread, lmao.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. KH3 has plenty of good moments, even if the storytelling is messy as hell.

Shitty story and mindless combat aside, the game was a joy to go through. Toy Story, Pirates and Big Hero worlds were so much fun.

Looking forward to Star Wars world in KH4 even though I'm not exactly a big SW fan, but I won't say no to some space battles.

You're welcome
But you should also thanks Toumari since it he made me believe that in the podcast Grubb talked about a ND fantasy game and i wanted to listen to it because of that lol
I even listen to the ND part of the podcast twice since i though i missed it the first time 😭

That's some peak trolling lol

Status
Not open for further replies.