• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next OT Name

• PlayStation Studios |OT I/O| The Future of Gaming

Votes: 215 59.7%
  • PlayStation Studios |OT I/O|

Votes: 103 28.6%
  • PlayStation Studios |OTI0| Input/Output

Votes: 42 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oAPm7a6.jpg

Forgot to post this in here.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder that The Last of Us 2 Hype train is still open.

wHoz7HI.jpg

Maybe dm me if you want to join in so the OT is not too "spammed". Will post some updates from times to times.
I would not complain about being put in there. Needs some Rapunzel representation anyway, beyond Angie.

dontimagine

Jun 13, 2019
The thing related to Sega... I don't feel it...
Hope that don't sign the end of Sega and Atlus games on PlayStation...
And I think it can be a dumb move from Sega.

Just speculation on my part.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that you're reminding me that Silent Hill will look amazing.

But this is also angering me that Sony thought this game wasn't worth marketing at all.
I am really excited for when I finally get to them as I now own both games. Definitely a shame it seems the series is probably dead though :/
They're great.

I agree, it sucks that the series is probably done but Toyama did say that they finished pretty much all of the story that they had originally mapped out when they did the first game, so at least we got a lot of it even though more would be great.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the Sega thread, what exactly about this says "acquisition"

What you've got is wishful thinking combined with people completely ignoring what Nishikawa said. Because if you actually read what he says it's going to be about, nothing in any way points toward an acquisition. He writes a tech column for Famitsu.
I agree, but the question is..what could it be..if its as big as the PS5 Wired article?

Atlus is a subsidiary of Sega.
Oh, I didn't know that. 🤔
We're posting our The Order 2 fanfic.

I don't think there's any acquistion, if there is, doubt it has anything to do with MS.
I see. Would love if Sony gave us a sequel, glad lots of us want that 😄

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019

Gotta earn money for all these games.

True. We need to go back to the JRPG talk.

The best talk.

The same with all the dead IPs. They all have potentials lol.

I wouldnt mind Sony reviving all of them.

Does seem to be that way =/ Need more games set in Victorian London too.

I want imperial Berlin so much :(

I appreciate that you're reminding me that Silent Hill will look amazing.

But this is also angering me that Sony thought this game wasn't worth marketing at all.

It got an anime special. Probably ate all the budget, lol.

What do you think is this Sega announcement that promises to be revolutionnary ?

A streaming service? I dunno.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
I am really excited for when I finally get to them as I now own both games. Definitely a shame it seems the series is probably dead though :/
I appreciate how unique it is. Especially the traversal.

It would a perfect showcase for the PS5. All floating places in plain sight and increased moving speed. A dream.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
100 times faster was a mistake. Got word from Jim himself that OT10 will have parity with OT8's speed.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
What do you think is this Sega announcement that promises to be revolutionnary ?
I doubt it'll be PS5 Wired article calibre - the author is a tech guy, and potentially exaggerating for hits - but:
  • Strengthened commitment to PC publishing, starting with Persona (or Persona on Switch/Xbox)
  • Persona/Atlus sold to Sony
  • Sega using Azure or XCloud to make a cloud gaming platform
  • Sega partnering with Microsoft to sell Xbox in Japan under the Dreamcast/Sega branding (e.g. Xbox: Dreamcast, Sega Xbox, Xbox Series Sega, etc.)
  • Sega retro console, PS classic style (possible taking cues from Switch?)
  • Sega EA Access equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.