• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next OT Name

• PlayStation Studios |OT I/O| The Future of Gaming

Votes: 215 59.7%
  • PlayStation Studios |OT I/O|

Votes: 103 28.6%
  • PlayStation Studios |OTI0| Input/Output

Votes: 42 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
5Hlzz72.gif

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Already 11 years for inFAMOUS
Do you remember the "Prototype vs inFAMOUS" showdown lol

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Their first announcements of the day are pretty much always 6am PST and go through the early afternoon hours.

That being said, we're probably not going to hear anything until Monday so settle in for the weekend. 😒

orzkare

Apr 9, 2020
Japan
Hideo Kojima Interview (in Japanese)
news.livedoor.com

【インタビュー】日本に本物のクリエイターはいるのか? 小島秀夫監督が「作家性」にこだわる理由 - ライブドアニュース

エンタメにおいてオリジナリティ、つまり「作家性」とは何だろうか?たとえば近年、エンタメ業界ではいわゆる「原作もの」が数多く生まれている。その理由のひとつには、ビジネス上のリスクがあるだろう。人気のある

Sorry, I'm no good at English

-----How about sales of Death Strading?
It exceeded the profitable line at all,
so I can say "success", including the collecting of development costs.
We'll be releasing the PC version as well
Don't worry, we have enough profit to be ready for the next title.

-----Are you ready for the next title?
I can't talk because it's still in the planning stage, but I'm working under the surface.
Just recently, a big project fell through, and it gets in my hair (laughs). Well, as is often the case in this industry.

-----The other day, it was rumored to buy the copyright of "MGS" and "P.T.".
Oh, It's only a false rumor.. At least I have never listened at all (laughs).

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Infamous is the perfect IP for the PS5 (SSD / Open-world). Sony should really thinking about continuing it. Give it to an independent studio and support it with your XDdev studio/department. And no, not Sumo Digital ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sucker Punch could come back to it, and alternate with the 'Ghost of..'series (unlikely, I know).

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
news.livedoor.com

エンタメにおいてオリジナリティ、つまり「作家性」とは何だろうか?たとえば近年、エンタメ業界ではいわゆる「原作もの」が数多く生まれている。その理由のひとつには、ビジネス上のリスクがあるだろう。人気のある

I can't talk because it's still in the planning stage, but I'm working under the surface.
Just recently, a big project fell through, and it gets in my hair (laughs). Well, as is often the case in this industry.

Thank you for this, seems like a juicy interview.

Not sure if salromano is aware of it so I'll tag him just in case.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
news.livedoor.com

Excellent, looks like Death Stranding did well and that's before the PC version has even hit.

Wonder if the big project that fell through was with Sony or the rumored third party deal.

Oct 25, 2017
I think if an announcement was today we'd get teases, so lay low and enjoy the upcoming weekend.
That assumes anyone knows when the announcement will happen. I don't think anyone knows. Grubb said he isn't sure, for example.

news.livedoor.com

Make a thread.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
So I have finally managed it. Bloodborne platinum trophy get!

I wanted to grab a nice screenshot tried to take but I missed the right moment, but this game has been an incredible experience and now I have my 30th platinum trophy.

If there was to be a sequel I hope they improve on some things:

- Going back and forth between Hunter's Dream and Waking World, I get why it's like that but it would be nice to just grab items from storage straight from the lamps and carry on.
- Camera angles on larger enemies, sometimes I ended up flailing wildly and while I understand you want a sense of panic it adds a layer of frustration to the mix.
- A character journal of sorts on conversations you have with NPCs. Sometimes it's so long between bits of dialogue and you might accidently miss information that sounds the same to what you might have previously heard, if there was a journal section that kept track of those things that you could refer to I think it would help mitigate that annoyance and at the same time still encourage you to explore the world and characters fully.
- Frenzy is annoying, fuck the Singing Lantern bastards.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I am happy to hear death stranding did well. It was such a unique game and it would be a shame if such a brave game would not have any success today.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
news.livedoor.com

Thanks for this
So that's cool if it became profitable for him and therefore Sony

At least Sony was right to finance this kind of AAA but not conventional games

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wanted to grab a nice screenshot tried to take but I missed the right moment, but this game has been an incredible experience and now I have my 30th platinum trophy.

- Going back and forth between Hunter's Dream and Waking World, I get why it's like that but it would be nice to just grab items from storage straight from the lamps and carry on.
- Camera angles on larger enemies, sometimes I ended up flailing wildly and while I understand you want a sense of panic it adds a layer of frustration to the mix.
- A character journal of sorts on conversations you have with NPCs. Sometimes it's so long between bits of dialogue and you might accidently miss information that sounds the same to what you might have previously heard, if there was a journal section that kept track of those things that you could refer to I think it would help mitigate that annoyance and at the same time still encourage you to explore the world and characters fully.

The first priority should be to remove the need to grind for blood viles.

Refills should be happening at a lamp.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah using lock-on while close to a big boss is rough, better to not use it at all in that situation.

The higher your insight the more you'll be affected by it. Nothing like being a beast.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Isn't Monday a holiday in the US? Or so I read.

That's the only reason I'm betting on Friday instead of Monday for an announcement if they're indeed aiming for the 3rd.

Oct 25, 2017
news.livedoor.com

Very nice. Good to see it did well.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017

It automatically takes a screenshot when you get a trophy doesn't it? Not sure if it's an option you have to toggle but mine definitely does and I can see all the screenshots on a game's trophy list

Oct 25, 2017
news.livedoor.com

Good to see that Death Stranding is profitable. Too bad that a big project didn't work out. Wonder if that was Silent Hills?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
news.livedoor.com

Good to hear. Death Stranding was great. Hope we get more unique titles like this one in the future (on PS5, of course).

AudiophileRS

Apr 14, 2018
I see you guys mentioned the PS.Blog is now the same for everyone; seems to just have a language drop down menu to switch now..

Nice to see some unification, a lot of PS stuff has been fragmented for far too long.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Positive news! I just went to therapy and Im healthy enough and have grown so much that we'll begin seeing eachother once every month instead of every week. I feel very proud and happy, I just wanted to share. :) Around a year ago I was very suicidal and today Im a happy, healthy, living person that loves my life even though it hurts sometimes :) <3

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if the game that fell through was with Epic, Sony, and whether they're working with them again.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
news.livedoor.com

More than half a year after DS launched and they are still in the planning phase? Does this means that they started working on 2 games and one fell through, so they continue with the second one, or they started to working on the second one just after the deal for the first one fell through?

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Positive news! I just went to therapy and Im healthy enough and have grown so much that we'll begin seeing eachother once every month instead of every week. I feel very proud and happy, I just wanted to share. :) Around a year ago I was very suicidal and today Im a happy, healthy, living person that loves my life even though it hurts sometimes :) <3

That's very great to hear, congrats to you man. :)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's fantastic to hear man! 😊👍 Congrats! Never forget: You are awesome! And if you need to talk/vent online somewhere, join us here and just post/say something 🤗

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
news.livedoor.com

I have a feeling the project that fell through is Silent Hill for PSVR.
Good job man, Keep it up ;)

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017

Congrats! Good to hear you're doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.