• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next OT Name

• PlayStation Studios |OT I/O| The Future of Gaming

Votes: 215 59.7%
  • PlayStation Studios |OT I/O|

Votes: 103 28.6%
  • PlayStation Studios |OTI0| Input/Output

Votes: 42 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
So, obviously everyone is looking forward to PS5 exclusives, but what PS4 games are you most excited to replay on PS5, assuming there's a patch for better visuals/performance?

For me it's God of War, can't wait to play it in 4K (I have a 4k TV but only a PS4 Slim) and go back to that amazing world. Surprisingly I'm not nearly as excited to replay Horizon, I wonder if that's because of the expectation of playing a new and improved sequel on PS5.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, obviously everyone is looking forward to PS5 exclusives, but what PS4 games are you most excited to replay on PS5, assuming there's a patch for better visuals/performance?

For me it's God of War, can't wait to play it in 4K (I have a 4k TV but only a PS4 Slim) and go back to that amazing world. Surprisingly I'm not nearly as excited to replay Horizon, I wonder if that's because of the expectation of playing a new and improved sequel on PS5.
From first party stuff definitely GOW and Spidey. Any Uncharted games are short enough I'd totally blast through again if they got 60FPS patches. Maybe Horizon and GOT but those are bigger open world games, so depends on my time.

Now the unicorn rarity patch would be Bloodborne. That'd be a replay for sure if that gets a res boost.

3rd party wise - MHW for sure (heck, that has an unlocked frame rate so might not even need a patch), and anything with "Yakuza" in the name. I mean, I'll replay those anyway but I'd not say no to better performance.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I have 700 hours on Bf2, still playing since launch, the 20 minutes i did in FP were probably for stupid matches just to try it. It's just bad.

The game way is way more fun in 3rd person and you have advantage in gameplay too.
I wouldn't say it's that bad, sometimes I activate the FPS view because it's very immersive (in Tatooine for example in Coop with friends, vs AI)
But no way I use FPS view for PvP lol

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really getting desperate for the PS5 reveal at this point. I'm now seriously considering actually playing some video games to help pass the time. My backlog is roughly as follows (no particular order)

Red Dead Redemption 2
Titanfall 2
Alienation
Batman Arkham Knight
Days Gone
MGS V
Call of Duty WW II
Call of Duty MW Remastered
Shadow of the Colossus
The Last Guardian
Matterfall
Until Dawn
Detroit Become Human
Rayman Legends
Mega Man 11
Resident Evil 7

I can't believe it's come to this.
So many great games in there -_-
Play your games already!!!!

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019

Im gonna play the games I put on hold for PS5.

Trials of Mana
GoT
Fallen Order for the Platinum
The last remnant
Final Fantasy 7R hard run

But I do plan to test a lot of games because of bc

EDF
Sekiro
Dark Souls3
God of war

Pretty much anthing with variable framerates.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
EZA8Rp9UMAE_t09

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any overtures that might point to a PS5 reveal date?

It's gotta be imminent right?

It seemed to be at one point set for June 4th before getting moved.

If it's the 9th, and they want to give a two day heads up like they have for other videos, they'd have to do an announcement on the 5th.

But really, it could be any day in June with a quick announcement before hand.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

Sekiro definitely deserves a replay with better performance. God of War, as well.

And Bloodborne, obviously, if it ever happens.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020

Probably the boring answer but I am going to replay both the TLoU Remastered and Part 2 on the PS5.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017

You're in for a treat because the PS4 Pro 4K (checkerboard) version already looks gorgeous which I assume will be the minimum we can expect from PS5. Now if they combine that with 60FPS it will be glorious. :D

But for me the main game I'm most excited about is (suprise, suprise) Bloodborne which is the one game that is actively hindered by being on PS4 only. Spiderman, GOW, Uncharted 4, Horizon all stand to look even better and run at higher frame-rates but they already look great and run ok, Bloodborne on the other hand is nausea-inducing with the bad frame-pacing.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
OK, screw it. I'm preordering The Last of Us 2. I wanted to hold off because it's probably way too hot in my Apartment in June already, but i'm too weak, those Hype Tweets made me thirsty af lmao.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OK, screw it. I'm preordering The Last of Us 2. I wanted to hold off because it's probably way too hot in my Apartment in June already, but i'm too weak, those Hype Tweets made me thirsty af lmao.

I'm hating the heat in the UK right now, its been getting warmer and warmer since April. My office/gaming space is at the back of the house and the sun is always there after 12.... its awful.... I think its only going to get hotter and it makes it so much more difficult to play games :(

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I'm hyped for the State of Play today even though I won't watch a single second of it?

I'm just looking forward to the reactions/impressions.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I'm hating the heat in the UK right now, its been getting warmer and warmer since April. My office/gaming space is at the back of the house and the sun is always there after 12.... its awful.... I think its only going to get hotter and it makes it so much more difficult to play games :(

This made me realize that I have some sort of seasonal migration going on, with my PC being set up in the hottest part of the house I tend to play on my PS4 more in the warmer months, as it's located in the coolest part of the house.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Damn nearly 80 GB!

Im comparison to the their other games:
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection : 43 GB (3 games)
  • The Last of Us : 38,89 GB (Main game + MP + DLC)
  • Uncharted 4 : 58,29 GB (Main game + MP)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: 44,18 GB (Main game + MP)
Considering this game has only a single player campaign means that the game is massive and/or has really big wide areas to explore.

Last edited:

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do we know anything about using external ssds for the ps5? Not a huge fan of this whole cold storage thing people are thinking they might do. I hope they sell ps5 spec ssds soon ar atleast a year after the ps5 launches, i play alot of games at the same time so it's gonna suck if it is only 860gb or whatever it was.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I feel you. I start to nitpick the shit out of actually good Videogames during the Heat. I remember a few Years ago, i was terribly ill during Summer and i played Darksiders. I hated that Game so damn much, i decided to replay it the same Winter and really liked, even more than the second Game. Breath of the Wild was the same as well. I liked it, when i played it in Summer but after a Replay in Winter i loved it. Summer is just the worst for Gaming.
You should have seen The Concerned Train
www.resetera.com

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

How am I doing so far lmao
LMAO. But i still would prefer to drive with the Concerned Train then with the Deutsche Bahn, the worst Train Network in the entire EU. Also debating with PlanetSmasher on the Way about the Demon's Souls Remake would be alot of Fun lol

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Not sure where to post this, but I have some fun but unsurprising numbers to share:

I work for one of the largest Nordic online retailers and I was having some fun with our database. We recently opened up early pre-orders for Playstation 5 and so I decided to break down the numbers and compare them to the launch of PS4. The numbers are combined customers in Norway, Sweden and Denmark and show the first month of pre-orders

PS4 first month of preorders:

PS5 first month of preorders:

To further confirm that the Nordic countries are firmly in the hands of Sony, here are the same numbers for Xbox Series X:

XSX first month of preorders:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure where to post this, but I have some fun but unsurprising numbers to share:

I work for one of the largest Nordic online retailers and I was having some fun with our database. We recently opened up early pre-orders for Playstation 5 and so I decided to break down the numbers and compare them to the launch of PS4. The numbers are combined customers in Norway, Sweden and Denmark and show the first month of pre-orders

To further confirm that the Nordic countries are firmly in the hands of Sony, here are the same numbers for Xbox Series X:

I didn't even realise pre-orders were available yet. If true, interesting info.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What's the placeholder price?

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I didn't even realise pre-orders were available yet. If true, interesting info.

European retailers tend to handle things differently than US ones. I don't think there are actual MSRPs in Europe for example. Rather, the consoles are sold at a set price to the retailers and they add whatever mark-up they want. I know this has been the case with Nintendo consoles at least. For this launch (and previous launches) we, and other retailers, simply set a place holder price for early pre-orders that will then be corrected once the actual price has been revealed.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn nearly 80 GB!

Im comparison to the other their other games:
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection : 43 GB (3 games)
  • The Last of Us : 38,89 GB (Main game + MP + DLC)
  • Uncharted 4 : 58,29 GB (Main game + MP)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: 44,18 GB (Main game + MP)
Considering this game has only a single player campaign means that the game is massive and/or has really big wide areas to explore.
It's a ~30-hour game. So yeah, pretty massive ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.