• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I find it amazing that the cover reps Yakuza with Kiryu. I mean, I've been playing since the first game was released on the PS2 but its so wild to see more people/publications finally take notice this gen. All thanks to Yakuza 0 :)

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Thank you Sony for amazing 25 years of gaming. Still remember when ps1 and destruction derby blew my mind after many years of flat 2d games on Atari, nintendo and Sega systems before. Then ps2 came along and it was amazing before motorstorm on ps3 made my jaw drop on the floor and when I thought it can't get any better, the opening scene of KZ shadow Fall delivered the final blow. PS4 in general has overtaken the ps2 as my favourite console of all time.

Then there was Vita, vita means life even though it was short lived. Gone but never forgotten!

xbox could never give me the same feeling. I had them all; Xbox, 360 (elite), one (elite) one s and x. Always ended up getting rid of them all, but the PlayStation always remained.

still got my Gamepass ultimate sub until 2022 so will most likely give scarlet a go, but nowhere near as excited for it as I am for ps5.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Such beautiful pieces and videos going up with this, the PS Access, and the amazing Polygon video. All in the feels. Felt so good to grow up with games in the 80's and 90's and taking it all in. Magazines meant something, games were creative and consoles were one of a kind custom fabs. What a lovely time to have experienced what Sony brought to many of our childhoods.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Lovely cover.
Sounds like we'll get some great BTS info on the history of PlayStation too, which I love. I just watched Polygon's excellent discussion video with a few high ups and devs from when PS1 was cooking.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
It's quite weird how Shawn Layden has been completely nuked since his departure from Sony, I mean he worked for several decades at the company and we've heard absolutely nothing from him. Nothing in this piece either.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
very nice art. seems a bit PS4 heavy.

my token question, where the fuck is Wipeout. it was a seminal game for Playstation culturally.

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
sonycover.jpg

this cover is incredible

just read the piece. website is beautiful and easy to read. very insightful commentary by several people from the industry.

props to gameinformer

So good you could hang it on the wall. Wow.

Absolutely stunning.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So uh, who is that between Sly and Sweet Tooth's truck?

edit: Oh, it's Kiryu? Looks like he has some kind of shoulder strap or bandolier running down across his torso. Odd.

Jak and Daxter should really be on there

They are. In the red zone, just to the right of Drake.

Fat Princess makes it but not Sly?

anyway perfect time for said magazine since I am guessing February is the PS5 event

Sly's there. He's jumping in the air in front of the Colossus.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful cover. Glad to see Snake in there.
Omg thank you, I thought he was missing but your comment made me look closer... very clever. I love that they put Fat Princess in there, but who is that behind her? Some kind of samurai or dragoon? Also seems to be missing Kat and Lara Croft :/

I thought Kiryu was Donte, like a nod to PSABR lol, needs Big Daddy also to get all the icons.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Ratchet looks like he's trying not to cry, and Crash looks like he's trying to be angry/determined, but his floating eyebrows aren't behaving. I like it though.

Odd that only Sackboy and Kuro are having a good time though. Even Astro Bot is looking a little vacant. It's like...

bcf3b6a8-2a59-48d2-81cc-76e3a23854b4_text.gif

Why so morose? Why so angry?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really well written article, and the CSS formatting on the website is quite well done. Awesome that they got so many people involved with the PlayStation to contribute to the article.

In particular, I thought Herman Hulst's comments at the end were quite nice. Really excited to see where he leads WWS.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Really great read.

That artwork is incredible. I know people are posting they're surprised to not see so and so game represented but no Gran Turismo makes me sad. I get having just a car or even the GT logo may look odd, but PlayStations largest franchise which has spanned all of its consoles not being represented is unfortunate.