• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I just googled what that was an i'm shocked, didn't knew it existed, now i really wonder what else you can do with CFW.

Overclocking, stream games from PC, use bluetooth controllers, stream gameplay footage to OBS over USB - stuff like that, and more.

Want to know another neat trick? PSVSD. Same as the sd2Vita, but it lets you swap out the 3G module for a 3G Vita for a replacement PCB that has a microSD card slot on it. Gives you microSD storage while leaving access to the game card slot.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i bet they did this to spite the vita community
the modder who hacked vita didnt put out the hack till he was sure vita was at end of life.

Jan 2, 2018
For the love of god Sony,all I want is the ability to switch my imported Vita's square and circle buttons..is it really too much to ask?

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
I took a shot at Vita homebrew when the Trinity hack was released and Vita has been my most played console since. SD2Vita is the first step to enlightenment accompanied by Adrenaline. Now I can finally have all my purchased games on my Vita and playable under one account, feels so good. Boosting Vita games to native res with Vitagrafix and overclocking some to hit an acceptable performance with the VSH Menu is a game changer.

Do the hack now or regret forever!

While you're at it, buy a 256gb micro SD card straight away!

Oct 25, 2017
Note that the release of this means that firmwares past 3.65 are now unhackable as you can no longer get to PSN to get a PSP game.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Question; the guide says the PSP game I use will be unplayable. After I install homebrew on my Vita would I be able to reinstall that PSP game if I had a backup of it or just redownload it off PSN (Sounds like spoofing your Firmware version is working).

After owning a Vita since launch day, I'm ready to finally make the plunge I think. Loved my Homebrewed PSP back in the day and I think I want to restore a little life to the handheld with that namesake.

Oct 27, 2017
God damn it Sony...

You abandoned the Vita so just leave it be for fucksake. Now that it is getting support by the fanbase they pull thia shit...

Fuck you Sony.

OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Question; the guide says the PSP game I use will be unplayable. After I install homebrew on my Vita would I be able to reinstall that PSP game if I had a backup of it or just redownload it off PSN (Sounds like spoofing your Firmware version is working).

After owning a Vita since launch day, I'm ready to finally make the plunge I think. Loved my Homebrewed PSP back in the day and I think I want to restore a little life to the handheld with that namesake.

Just place a backup of the game somewhere on your computer, and once you've done everything just place it in the folder QCMA usually stores its backups and transfer it back over, ya. Once you have Enso installed it'll enable the hack on boot.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I might actually consider un-hacking my Vita if:
1) All Ps1 classics worked on Vita. No Crash? What the fuck
2) I could switch accounts without the fucking ridiculous process
3) SD2Vita worked officially
4) It had overclocking

I would still lose access to a bunch of ps1 and psp games not available on psn (and I would need to carry my Shinobido 2 everywhere since it's delisted) but I would still seriously consider it.

The Vita was murdered by its own completely incomprehensible artificial restrictions.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Overclocking, stream games from PC, use bluetooth controllers, stream gameplay footage to OBS over USB - stuff like that, and more.

Want to know another neat trick? PSVSD. Same as the sd2Vita, but it lets you swap out the 3G module for a 3G Vita for a replacement PCB that has a microSD card slot on it. Gives you microSD storage while leaving access to the game card slot.

That's awesome.

Is there any kind of media player too? I would love to see movies or even stream them via wifi from my PC, maybe something compatible with DLNA?

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
What? I've had the PS1 Crash games on my Vita for years?!

After not using my Vita for 3 years I've finally hacked it and also got my SD2Vita adapter. Can't wait to use my baby more frequently again.

There was one weekend a couple of years ago when license restrictions stopped working on PSN somehow. This way I got Crash and Spyro trilogies on my Vita – all 100% legit. I've got them backed up in like 5 different places just in case.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
What? I've had the PS1 Crash games on my Vita for years?!

After not using my Vita for 3 years I've finally hacked it and also got my SD2Vita adapter. Can't wait to use my baby more frequently again.
The european versions of Crash work, but they run at a lower framerate than their american counterparts. I own all my PS1 games in my NA account for this reason, and I bought most of my Vita digital games in NA because of the stupid restriction of not being able to have multiple accounts on Vita. I don't have this issue on PS3 and it's great.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Sony put half as much work into actually improving the firmware as they did playing cat and mouse with hackers. The Vita could have been so much more and it's all on Sony that it never fulfilled its potential.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Sony put half as much work into actually improving the firmware as they did playing cat and house with hackers. The Vita could have been so much more and it's all on Sony that it never fulfilled its potential.

I agree it's sad, the Vita had so much potential yet Sony didn't want to capitalize on it.

So is there any statement from any hacker yet how screwed we are in terms of PSN? I rely on my Vita being hacked as I have a SD2Vita after my 64gb card died.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Been on custom firmware for years now and have no intention of returning it to stock

Ill probably gift mine to family eventually

My old switch is next to be hacked

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If my Vita is on a hackable firmware and already has PSP/PS1 games on it, am I good to run Trinity even if I hold off on it? Or is connecting to PSN a requirement for Trinity to work?

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
If my Vita is on a hackable firmware and already has PSP/PS1 games on it, am I good to run Trinity even if I hold off on it? Or is connecting to PSN a requirement for Trinity to work?

As long as your Vita is never updated to 3.71 you should be good. For the Trinity exploit, PSN access was only required for downloading a PSP game beforehand (Trinity uses a flaw in the PSP emulator for the hack to work).

The requirements for running Trinity are:
- Firmware version 3.70
- Have a PSP game already installed

If your firmware is lower than 3.70 you'll need to use one of the other available technique (i.e. NOT Trinity) depending on the actual firmware your system is on. The end goal is to downgrade the Vita to 3.60 and then install a permanent custom firmware (or 3.65, but 3.60 is much better because a lot of homebrew apps and tools never were updated to be compatible with 3.65).

Use this guide, it's everything you need.

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I regret now swapping my Vita for a 3DS. Back then it was a good deal for me since I was stupid and updated the firmware so it was "unpiratable", but who knew that waiting a couple more months could paid off? Is not that the 3DS is bad, I love it, but Vita was way more useful for me thanks for being more open for multimedia.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It wasn't even a good PS4 remote play device because of the lack of buttons.

Mostly true. But it was exacerbated because the default control mode absurdly put 4 buttons on the back screen. I had a lot more luck with games which put R1/L1 on the back touch, R2/L2 on the shoulder buttons and R3/L3 on the bottom corners of the front screen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a Vita-like device with all the buttons, but afaik Vita is still the closest hardware to what I want. If someone makes something better (and yes the Switch Lite looks nice), I'm interested.

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
Im planning to hack my vita cause the dreaded memory card issue has surfaced again after a while and it is very infuriating. I think I stopped automatic updates so hopefully I should be good to go.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
kGpRV5p.jpg