• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Iron Man has a bit too much "talky nonsense" too. I hope that's something Sony's devs will consider when they are making VR games in the future. VR games need to be interactive and Sony's regular approach with cutscenes and a heavy narrative has to be coupled with interactivity or more exciting things going on than watching people talk in VR games. At their best I think both Blood & Truth and Iron Man are fantastic experiences though and well worth playing.

That's partly why I brought it up- I am worried about that with something like Horizon. Watching people monologue in VR is just not interesting and you have to give the player something to interact with. It's a shame because there are some very good bits in Blood and Truth, even though it is on rails- the shootout with bottles flying around and such was quite enjoyable. But then you have to listen to the dude from Arrow talk for minutes on end and it's like, what are we doing here.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
That's partly why I brought it up- I am worried about that with something like Horizon. Watching people monologue in VR is just not interesting and you have to give the player something to interact with. It's a shame because there are some very good bits in Blood and Truth, even though it is on rails- the shootout with bottles flying around and such was quite enjoyable. But then you have to listen to the dude from Arrow talk for minutes on end and it's like, what are we doing here.
It's not that bad I found the first play through enjoyable enough, especially the gunplay. After that you just replay the missions you enjoyed. I still pop it on from time to time that council estate level is fucking fun!

Oct 26, 2017
Possible dumb question:

I had tried to get my first generation PSVR working with my PS5, but just gave up and assumed that the headset had stopped working.

I've recently tried again and managed to get it to work. I think that the problem was that I had tried to use the PS5's front USB-A port for one of the connections.
Am I right in thinking that both the breakout box and the PS Camera adaptor need to be plugged into the rear USB ports on the PS5? The front USB 2.0 port can't be used for the camera?

The problem I have is that most of my PS4 games are on a USB external drive, and the PS5 doesn't seem to have enough USB 3.1 ports for the drive, PSVR box and camera adaptor...

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Possible dumb question:

I had tried to get my first generation PSVR working with my PS5, but just gave up and assumed that the headset had stopped working.

I've recently tried again and managed to get it to work. I think that the problem was that I had tried to use the PS5's front USB-A port for one of the connections.
Am I right in thinking that both the breakout box and the PS Camera adaptor need to be plugged into the rear USB ports on the PS5? The front USB 2.0 port can't be used for the camera?

The problem I have is that most of my PS4 games are on a USB external drive, and the PS5 doesn't seem to have enough USB 3.1 ports for the drive, PSVR box and camera adaptor...
I'm pretty sure that I had the PSVR connected to a hub which was connected to the back of the PS5 in some way. I would go as far as to say that only the external drive needs to be plugged into the console directly. But I moved my PSVR to my PS4pro in the bedroom (since I wanted to play Rush of Blood) so I cannot confirm this any more. But I can guarantee that at least one component (either the breakout box or the camera adaptor) was plugged into a hub.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure that I had the PSVR connected to a hub which was connected to the back of the PS5 in some way. I would go as far as to say that only the external drive needs to be plugged into the console directly. But I moved my PSVR to my PS4pro in the bedroom (since I wanted to play Rush of Blood) so I cannot confirm this any more. But I can guarantee that at least one component (either the breakout box or the camera adaptor) was plugged into a hub.

That's helpful, thanks!

I've done a bit more tinkering and have found that the camera adaptor needs to be plugged into a USB 3 socket, while the PSVR breakout box is ok with a USB 2 (I should have checked the colour of the USB plugs!).

So I can have the external drive plugged into one of the sockets on the back of the PS5, along with the camera adaptor, and the PSVR breakout box plugged into the front USB.

I'll give it a try with the camera and breakout box attached to a USB hub...

Edit:

SUCCESS!

Camera adaptor and breakout box connected to a USB 3 hub into one of the two back USB 3 ports works and leaves the other port free for the external storage.

One thing I noticed while messing around with the controller settings screen for my DualShock 4 was that there's a reference to the PS VR2 Sense Controllers in the 'Communication Method' screen. I guess this must have been added in a recent firmware update in preparation for the PS VR2 launch...

Last edited:

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
The breakout box can also be plugged into the front port, I've been doing this all the time because I have an external SSD in the back (and the camera adapter).

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive the bump, but google is giving me mixed answers.

If I need to get a replacement AC adapter for the processor unit, are they universal? Do I have to worry if it's for the model 1 or model 2?

Thanks beforehand.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pretty impressed how they're using eye tracking with PSVR2 already.

Firewall with the weapon switch.

And now Switchback with the weeping angels like don't blink.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've just got confirmation that my PSVR adaptor for the PS5 is on the way- any idea how long about-ish I'm looking at?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does having the PSVR processing unit thingy connected to the PS5 stop the thing where I can control it with my TV remote, or has the last system update broken it?

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Does having the PSVR processing unit thingy connected to the PS5 stop the thing where I can control it with my TV remote, or has the last system update broken it?
I'm not at my home as of right now but unless the last system update was within the last couple of days or so, then it should still work. I've been able to control it while having the breakout box connected.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017