• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 17, 2018
About to try some 3d films here I've got loads from my disney collection. Psvr 2 with one 4k screen Id buy in a second. Looking forward to all that is out there. Statik was on sale very cool game too.

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting tidbits in this article on sculptrVR and the Playstation VR cert process..

https://uploadvr.com/sculptrvr-psvr-nathan-rowe/

This was really interesting.
We have people here complaining about waiting for PC ports - but I'm glad Sony is enforcing standards as well as they are.

It's a shame sculptrVR is going to be missing the Mesh Export feature at launch. I'd buy it day one if it offered that.
I've done a bit of 3D modelling in my time, and tools like this will make it so much simpler and less tedious.
But hopefully they can add that in later and get my money.

itschris

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up ordering the Skyrim bundle from Best Buy on Monday, just before the sale ended. It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I'm pretty excited! This will be my first time ever experiencing VR.

I already had the following games before this:

Resident Evil 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Wipeout Omega Collection
Trackmania Turbo
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS+)
RIGS (PS+)
Starblood Arena (PS+)
Bound (PS+)

Between those games, Skyrim VR, and the free games/demos/experiences, that's quite a lot to get started with, so I'll try and wait a while before buying any more games. But I'm definitely interested in Moss, Rez Infinite, Superhot VR, and various others as well.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up ordering the Skyrim bundle from Best Buy on Monday, just before the sale ended. It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I'm pretty excited! This will be my first time ever experiencing VR.

Resident Evil 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Wipeout Omega Collection
Trackmania Turbo
RIGS (PS+)
Starblood Arena (PS+)
Bound (PS+)

Between those games, Skyrim VR, and the free games/demos/experiences, that's quite a lot to get started with, so I'll try and wait a while before buying any more games. But I'm definitely interested in Moss, Rez Infinite, Superhot VR, and various others as well.

Welcome! That's a good library you have already. I would recommend Moss as it's right up there with Resident Evil 7 as my favorite VR game, but I see you already mentioned it.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

Resident Evil 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Wipeout Omega Collection
Trackmania Turbo
RIGS (PS+)
Starblood Arena (PS+)
Bound (PS+)

Hope you'll enjoy it! You have a solid lineup of games, but I would actually recommend getting Superhot too. It's a perfect first VR game, in that it is guaranteed not to give any motion sickness while simultaneously showing of the full potential of what VR has to offer. Either way you are in for some fun!

Last edited:

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Polish Paul VR, who has an amazing PS VR channel on YouTube, just put out a 3 part episode on 53 horror games coming to PS VR. Granted, not all are locked in so he has included games for example that are VR on PC and coming to PS4 but not yet confirmed for PS VR, but it's a very solid list. He's also one of the best sources I've found on new announcements, as he actively tracks them down, chats with some devs, etc.

Part 1 here (click his name and then Videos to see all the great content he puts out regularly):

Warning: He does swear a bit but it's deliberate over the top, he likes to put in some crude humour etc but it's not put on like some Youtubers. He seems like a great guy - it's all in jest.

Mar 17, 2018
I haven't tried an amp either, but both my phone and my laptop blow PSVR away.
Momentums are good not as balanced as hd600s, but they require less power to run. Unamped headphones generally all sound like shit to me though. Better than the garbage buds they give you by far.

A proper amp or receiver makes psvr native 3d audio sound like a child's toy. With various headphone n surround options in games you do not expressly need 3d audio. Lifelike amped audio is ten times better imho. Rez will pound the shit out of me n hd600s are not even bass headphones.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Tried WipEout on PSVR yesterday and my god it is so awesome! Really does make you feel like you're in the cockpit and I actually found the racing easier.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
There's no decent amp in there though. It doesn't drive some crappy 15 ohm buds right much less 300 ohm hd600.

Honestly dudes I highly recommend at least some cheap senns. Better yet run all your gear and video through a nice denon. Audio bliss. But wait for hdmi 2.1 if you buy new.
Losing binaural audio is a big deal though. I've considered buying a little portable headphone amp and velcroing it to the headset. :D

Is it possible to route the audio out from the headset through your Denon and then into headphones? That's be the best of both worlds, except the world where there aren't fucking wires everywhere.

Mar 17, 2018
Losing binaural audio is a big deal though. I've considered buying a little portable headphone amp and velcroing it to the headset. :D

Is it possible to route the audio out from the headset through your Denon and then into headphones? That's be the best of both worlds, except the world where there aren't fucking wires everywhere.
This is not possible afaik. I wonder how mny games were actually recorded with binaural in mind. I'm not convinced it's a huge deal from what I heard at this point. The quality of Denon and HD600 is so far beyond earbuds that for me there is no choice.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not possible afaik. I wonder how mny games were actually recorded with binaural in mind. I'm not convinced it's a huge deal from what I heard at this point. The quality of Denon and HD600 is so far beyond earbuds that for me there is no choice.

I'd say 3d audio is just as big as depth perception when done properly as it gives awareness you don't get via standard stereo audio. Going from something that uses it well to something that doesn't use it can be quite jarring and far less immersive. It's not something where you are like wow as it just feels natural but when you are fully involved it really comes into its own.

For the content that does use it I'd highly recommend dropping the amp for them despite the loss in overall audio quality because it does create that much more of an immersive experience. I'm sure you have done the barbershop binaural sample in the past, just imagine that but then relative to your environment around you. I used a pair of SE425's (as well as most of the other Shure in-ears) and whilst the quality wasn't as good directly with the PSVR headset it was well worth the benefits of 3D audio, plus you have a pair of headphones that are significantly better than what comes with the headset so will get a big increase in quality.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018
I'd say 3d audio is just as big as depth perception when done properly as it gives awareness you don't get via standard stereo audio. Going from something that uses it well to something that doesn't use it can be quite jarring and far less immersive. It's not something where you are like wow as it just feels natural but when you are fully involved it really comes into its own.

For the content that does use it I'd highly recommend dropping the amp for them despite the loss in overall audio quality because it does create that much more of an immersive experience. I'm sure you have done the barbershop binaural sample in the past, just imagine that but then relative to your environment around you. I used a pair of SE425's (as well as most of the other Shure in-ears) and whilst the quality wasn't as good directly with the PSVR headset it was well worth the benefits of 3D audio, plus you have a pair of headphones that are significantly better than what comes with the headset so will get a big increase in quality.
I mean I did test it on wipeout. It sucked. 300 ohm headphones. If there was 3d it was clearly worse than the hds amped by a large margin. Maybe for something like re7 idk, but not many of these games seem to hve amazing 3d audio with these cans unamped.
I'll give it another try, but unless games was designed from beginning for binaural I might need to pass until I get some new low ohm in ear buds that are quality.

Just hacking in binaural audio is not really going to give you much depth when you can't turn it up. Stereo or even a surround option often sounds very immersive when done right in headphones, but I will keep testing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I did test it on wipeout. It sucked. 300 ohm headphones. If there was 3d it was clearly worse than the hds amped by a large margin. Maybe for something like re7 idk, but not many of these games seem to hve amazing 3d audio with these cans unamped.

Check out rush of blood for a more obvious usage, its used to get your attention for trigger events. Rigs is a very good usage of how it works in understanding your environment and can use audio like you would a radar in close proximity. I haven't really noticed it myself in Wipeout there isn't really much risk-reward in the driving mechanics of that game so the spacial position in reference to other vehicles isn't really that important plus that game works better when you just get into the music anyway so better quality is always going to be better with that.

itschris

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome! That's a good library you have already. I would recommend Moss as it's right up there with Resident Evil 7 as my favorite VR game, but I see you already mentioned it.

Hope you'll enjoy it! You have a solid lineup of games, but I would actually recommend getting Superhot too. It's a perfect first VR game, in that it is guaranteed not to give any motion sickness while simultaneously showing of the full potential of what VR has to offer. Either way you are in for some fun!

Thanks! Moss and Superhot are definitely at the top of my list of games to get next!

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all!

What are the best games you can play while sitting down?

So far I've beaten Rush of Blood, and put quite a few hours into Wipeout. Those are the two best sit-down experiences I've found so far, but I'm recovering from surgery this weekend so I'm looking for something a little less intense (meaning no Rez or Thumper or anything either)

Maybe it's time to finally crack open skyrim, as that might fit the bill, but I wanted to check with you fine guys and gals first for other ideas!

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's time to finally crack open skyrim, as that might fit the bill, but I wanted to check with you fine guys and gals first for other ideas!

Skyrim certainly works as a sit-down VR experience, since you can play with either the controller, as you're used to, or with the Move controllers. Either way, I've spent a fair number of hours in my recliner, just playing the game sitting down. Definitely more comfortable that way, and makes it far more feasible to have longer, marathon sessions.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
What are the best games you can play while sitting down?
I play most games sitting down; I certainly wouldn't have put 130 hours into Skyrim VR if I'd had to play it standing up. Really, I think the shorter list is PSVR games that you need to be standing up for - Sprint Vector and Super Hot are probably at the head of that list, with maybe Tumble VR finishing it up (although I think you can play that reasonably well sitting down once you realize you can vertically adjust the playfield by grabbing it and pulling up or down).

If you like Myst games, Obduction works reasonably well sitting down, although occasionally items will be so low that you can't reach them - I wound up having to stand up, recalibrate height by holding down the options button, then sit down to be low enough to reach. Pretty much every other game I've played in VR - Invisible Hours, Farpoint, Rush Of Blood, Robinson, Eagle Flight, Solus Project, Neptune Flux, Job Simulator, GNOG, Statik, RE7, I Expect You To Die, Bound, Headmaster, Thumper, Wayward Skies - all work fine sitting down. Arkham VR's a game that you can play perfectly well sitting down, although I think it just feels better standing up.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
They should really resurrect RIGS as a GaaS, with regular free new maps and purchasable new bots.
The thing that killed RIGS for me is that I loved the Mechs and thought the controls worked, but I wanted a guided campaign and not an arena esport. I tried to make myself enjoy it, but much like Overwatch, I respect the polish but had no fun playing it within the package presented.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
...Really, I think the shorter list is PSVR games that you need to be standing up for - Sprint Vector and Super Hot are probably at the head of that list...
Farpoint and Zombie Dead Hungry too. Couldn't imagine sitting on those.
I played Farpoint standing up, then switched to sitting down. Then I stopped playing it; for a VR FPS, it's impressively well-made, but it convinced me that even in VR I'm no fan of FPSes. Regardless, it's completely playable sitting down.

I played it in a wheeled swively office chair; at one point, during a particularly intense firefight, I started getting an Out Of Bounds signal for no apparent reason. It wasn't until the fight was over that I realized I'd gradually kicked the chair farther and farther away from the camera until I was about to hit the back wall of my TV/VR room.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Astro Bot Rescue Mission interview provides a bit more info. 80% control astro bot, 20% use your own head/controller to interact. Several gadgets, each with multiple purposes. A real focus on making the most of VR. They were very relieved to hear that lots of us were hoping for a full game based on Robot Rescue.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Astro Bot Rescue Mission interview provides a bit more info. 80% control astro bot, 20% use your own head/controller to interact. Several gadgets, each with multiple purposes. A real focus on making the most of VR. They were very relieved to hear that lots of us were hoping for a full game based on Robot Rescue.

As much as I love From software, this is probably my most anticipated psvr game right now. Robot rescue had Mario levels of polish.

Mar 17, 2018
Well it appears 3d films only do audio through psvr for no 3d tv. I can safely say testing by closed back beyers around 100 ohm you need super sensitive 30 ohm or less loud headphones for anything even resembling loud sound. 3d audio might be cool but sound is pathetic through headset on any high ohm stuff. Amplification sounds mediocre. Supplied buds I guess I am forced to use for now they are better than ten years ago at least. My beyers dont fit and i doubt my hd 600s will output much sound, but I ordered senn 3.5mm convertor to try. Unsure if I really want to spend money on better in-ears cuz there is no really decent amp there.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018
Well I just got done with my first 3d film out of many in Moana. Wow, I personally loved it. Convincing n not too grainy. I used large screen. Even teared up a bit. Psvr continues to amaze me. Pixar and Disney collection here we go. Had to dim display below half colors are a touch too much sometimes. Wish we could tweak color saturation. Anybody know why we can't? It' s pretty good when just below half brightness a couple notches. Anyway yeah amazing. I know 3d is niche, but this set is an awesome use of it. Pixar and Disney and other 3d stuff can look so good. So glad I got this bundle.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Well I just got done with my first 3d film out of many in Moana. Wow, I personally loved it. Convincing n not too grainy. I used large screen. Even teared up a bit. Psvr continues to amaze me. Pixar and Disney collection here we go. Had to dim display below half colors are a touch too much sometimes. Wish we could tweak color saturation. Anybody know why we can't? It' s pretty good when just below half brightness a couple notches. Anyway yeah amazing. I know 3d is niche, but this set is an awesome use of it. Pixar and Disney and other 3d stuff can look so good. So glad I got this bundle.

Yeah I've been impressed with 3D movies on it too. Although the heat sometimes makes it uncomfortable, recently installed a projector with 3D so that's my preferred choice now.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I still can't believe we don't have a full on scuba diving sim akin to Endless Ocean or Aquanauts Holiday on PSVR. It seems such a no-brainer as you're basically wearing a scuba mask for all VR games. Very frustrating.
I'm going to have to try and make my own version in Dreams at this rate.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I still can't believe we don't have a full on scuba diving sim akin to Endless Ocean or Aquanauts Holiday on PSVR. It seems such a no-brainer as you're basically wearing a scuba mask for all VR games. Very frustrating.
I'm going to have to try and make my own version in Dreams at this rate.

That's a fantastic idea, you could use the DS4 like your submersible and steer it with motion, or swim with the move controls I guess. There is that Jupiter and Mars game that's underwater but it's dolphins not divers.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's Time Machine VR too, where you're in an underwater machine looking at dinosaurs and stuff. It's not great but it has its moments.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this was addressed already. Has anyone hooked their PSVR to a PC for VR Steam games? I've read you can do that, but wanted to know more before I decide whether to get some Steam VR stuff this sale.