• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, finally jumped on the PSVR train and had abquestion. How do you guys store your headsets? So far I've been keeping it on the entertainment center but this feels like something I shouldn't just leave out.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, finally jumped on the PSVR train and had abquestion. How do you guys store your headsets? So far I've been keeping it on the entertainment center but this feels like something I shouldn't just leave out.
I just store mine in the nice white box it comes in.
There are a couple of dedicated cases available.

A few other people here have stands that also charge controllers/moves - but my place is too dusty/cat hairy to leave the headset out.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, keep it in the original box, mostly. Otherwise I think people use stands, or tuck it in a cabinet.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Really! I will have to check it out. I didn't really give Persistence much attention as I thought it was a horror rogue-like. Two things I'm not the biggest fan of, though when done well I have thoroughly enjoyed.

I really like it, but you were right with your assessment that it is a horror roguelike. It's a really good one, though, so maybe give it a chance. It's a tense experience and while the space station might be procedurally generated, it still is an interesting place to explore.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Creed is fun and challenging. I'm wondering just how hard the later matches are going to be on Hard difficulty, for there to be only .2% trophy completion on such a straightforward list!

Update: Those trophies (and the platinum) are down to 0.1%, and I managed to become one of that number just now. It was quite frustrating at times, but much easier doing things in Free Play rather than attempting it all in Career Mode.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have one of these. Does the job and also lets me charge my Move controllers and a DS4.

psvr-stands-accessories-14.jpg

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA

It's 26 levels IGN....not 20....lol. Oh well at least they're excited I suppose...

This is a friendly reminder that Rec Room is adding a Castlevania themed Quest called Crescendo of the Blood Moon!!!

The next PSVR CHAT SHOW is Oct 4 5pm ET and is going to feature Ana R. Creator/Dev for Pixel Ripped 1989. You guys have any questions you'd like to ask her? Got room for a few more...

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'm so excited for Astro Bot next week! I have been pining for a full game ever since playing Robot Rescue in Playroom VR. I don't care how short and simple Rescue was, it was still the perfect example of how VR can give a unique twist to a genre that's been done to death.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick, and incomplete, heads up for those straddling the fence and looking for firsthand takes... I'm not sold on Creed being worth the full price of admission. I have been playing it, and it is far from bad, but I think people may want to hold off for a sale. The big caveat would be that I think the training mini-games are pretty solid and are definitely worth it if you want to get a little more variety into your VR fitness routine. That being said, nothing in Creed comes close to the reflex ally in Knockout League, which is one of the most rigorous and enjoyable fitness activities I have ever engaged in.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
I've just been browsing the store because I've not picked up a PSVR game for a few months now.

How is The Exorcist: Legion? It got some decent reviews, but it seems quite short (5 episodes, 15-30 minutes each).

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've just been browsing the store because I've not picked up a PSVR game for a few months now.

How is The Exorcist: Legion? It got some decent reviews, but it seems quite short (5 episodes, 15-30 minutes each).

It's ok. It has snail pacing, forced blinders, odd controls, lots of bugs, and is very short, but also has some cool, albeit short lived moments. IMO it's good if on sale or your an absolute horror fanatic.

Transference is way better overall, but also short. Resi 7 and Persistence are greatness.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say that I really- REALLY want a Metroidvania in the style of Moss? I want to make my own character and get armor and equipment. I love the world and it just dripping in atmosphere. While simple the swordplay is fun!

I'm about ~2 hours in and completely mesmerized Though I should probably play while sitting lol.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Cannot wait for Astrobot. It's looking so damn good and hopefully we will get even more 3D platformers in VR after this game comes out.

Moss was so good and this looks to be even better. 3D platformers in VR just seem to work so well.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Pre-ordered Astrobot yesterday. I just checked if there was preload available yet, it's not. But it says 4 days and a few hours remaining until it's available, when it should say 2 days when going for the Oct. 2nd release... not too worried, probably just some wrong date in the database, but you never know.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Couldn't agree more. As for your Metroidvania, idk if u saw this in the meltdown thread lol, but Star Child will be a story driven Metroidvania. Really cant wait for that one either.

I did see that.

Has anyone played that Trickster Dungeon Crawler game? I would love to play a RNG dungeon crawler.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I did see that.

Has anyone played that Trickster Dungeon Crawler game? I would love to play a RNG dungeon crawler.

Yep. It has good graphics, music, and gameplay, but no MP on PSVR. It dropped frames on OG ps4 so was removed and the devs wont fix it for some reason. Sucks, but that being said it's still fun and kind of reminds me Gauntlet.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions for storing earlier guys, appreciate it.

How are flight sims/flying games on PSVR? So far I've only been able to play around with the demo of EVE Valkyrie and the Battlefront Rogue One mission but I fell in love with both. Any I should check out?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It has good graphics, music, and gameplay, but no MP on PSVR. It dropped frames on OG ps4 so was removed and the devs wont fix it for some reason. Sucks, but that being said it's still fun and kind of reminds me Gauntlet.

Maybe I'll have to try it out. Who are the dev's for that game anyway? I looked all online and cannot find a single thing.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The only thing stopping me from getting it is apparently the lack of turning and moving at the same time? That true?

Yeah the controls are super funky, but I got used to them quickly and enjoyed the gameplay overall, just minor issues like that and on rare occasion getting stuck because you cant jump down small drops.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys - can anyone link me to how to get HDR pass through in the V1 sets? I seem to remember there being trick involving a HDMI A/B switch - but can't seem to find the info. :(

Got to get ready for AstroBot!

Edit: never mind, found it - seems there's unavoidable quality loss, which I'm not ok with. Guess I'm pulling cables... >_<

Last edited:

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Astro Bot will go down as the most popular and well-liked PSVR game ever (together with RE7 I assume).
This week will be the peak of PSVR. Enjoy all!

(still many great upcoming games obviously w/Tetris Effect, Déraciné and Blood & Truth)

WOOTDWc.gif

1nizh7F.gif

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd give Robot Rescue another play this morning. Really surprised at how well it held up after playing loads of VR since launch, its just so damn charming and smile-inducing.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Disappointing to hear Ace Combat 7's VR mode is even more limited than first thought.

Quoted from the Thread about this.

https://ace7.acecombat.jp/vr/

Ace Combat 7 Vr mode will have 3 VR missions, 2 of which has been announced:
  • The first is basically taking off and engage in aerial dogfight
  • The other is taking off in the midst of an attack and you provide air support
  • Third mission has yet to be announced
4 playable planes in VR mode.

https://www.dualshockers.com/ace-combat-7-playstation-vr-mode/

Going from a full campaign, down to 5 missions and now only 3 missions isn't great. Hopefully the missions are at least 15-20 mins long and not just 5 mins each.

Not sure what went wrong, maybe a budget issue or maybe they just decided VR still isn't big enough to put in a lot of effort right now.

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
Adjusted the camera hight today so it's a bit higher than me, facing a bit down.

Tested it with Rick and Morty and London heist and noticed a major improvement. I think I'm now ready to pick up super hot

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I'm not sure who's doing the OT for Astro Bot Rescue Mission (maybe Electro ?) but here's some title suggestions:

|OT| Every platform needs a Mascot
|OT| Feels like 1996
|OT| Like running around the castle
|OT| Breaking the fourth wall
|OT| Breaking the 4D wall
|OT| He comes in colors everywhere

Last edited:

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Astro Bot will go down as the most popular and well-liked PSVR game ever (together with RE7 I assume).
This week will be the peak of PSVR. Enjoy all!

(still many great upcoming games obviously w/Tetris Effect, Déraciné and Blood & Truth)

WOOTDWc.gif

1nizh7F.gif

Firewall has done this already, but it would make my day if people were to have that reaction towards it like Crash or just 3D plats in general...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I was just playing more Skyrim tonight, really getting back into playing it on VR and I started the Dawnguard stuff. I get out of the first cave dungeon they have you go through and... Goddamn VR really elevates the experience of finally reaching the end of the cave. I look out at the mountains in the distance, the sun sitting just atop of them with a nice warm red in the horizon and upwards into clear blue skies. It truly made it feel like I was in that moment.

Now I just need to find out...

If I can keep Serana on my side while also not going against the Dawnguard.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Creed looks incredible. May get this instead of Knockout League. And Creed has PVP in addition to SP career mode.

Knockout League is one of my best PSVR experience. If you ever liked the PunchOut formula, it's that in VR and it's incredibly fun. Also quite clever opponents and great design overall.
Creed looks much more generic to me, but I didn't played it, so I can't say it's good or bad.
EDIT:
I add that are basically two completely different games despites are both about boxing.

Knockout Legue as I said is "Punchout", so You don't act without thinking, you MUST understand when and how to beat each opponent, his moves... it's like a "puzzle". Example: when to punch, when to avoid, when the opponent will use a special move... you can understand everything mastering each unique opponent.

Creed is more "free", is a classic "boxing" game. No particular rules to respect to win, reflexes, timing, has MP.

So just wanted to add that to make clear the differences. Depends on what you like, because I don't like the Creed formula, but I love the KL one.