• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah those [Wipeout comfort] settings are really unclear...
Not only are they unclear, but when you start playing the game a message pops up about those settings that uses a different name for each of them. That message never, ever re-appears, so I still have no idea what it was trying to convey, other than to make things even more confusing.

Hmmm.... *Thinks about suspending himself from the ceiling* [while virtual wingsuiting]
I like the cut of your jib, sir!

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
The Invisible Hours was so damn great :) Not much of a game per se, and it has a very unusual way of rendering faces at a distance, probably to lessen the rendering load but being a part of a stage play was amazing.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
Any opinions on Happy Drummer? Some songs on Beat Saber got me thinking about a dedicated VR drumming experience and I'm wondering if it will satisfy that.

Broward

Oct 26, 2017
The Game Awards Sale is live, and Resident Evil 7 is on sale again for anyone who just jumped into PSVR. Too bad there weren't more VR titles on sale, but I had been looking forward to trying this out at least.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, there is a lot of VR stuff coming this week! Typhon Hunter looks really fun, and Red Matter is totally my type of game.

But ... Have we gotten any hands on impressions of Borderlands yet?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up some Move controllers. What are some games that utilize it well? On my list so far is Beat Saber, Skyrim VR, and Superhot VR. I also have Doom VFR on the way.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Can't talk from experience, but I've heard that it works best with the Aim controller. I'm currently playing Firewall with one and it's the real deal. Will pick up Doom VFR once it goes on sale.
It was on sale at Best Buy for $15 so that would probably be the best way to get it at the moment if you're in the US.

_RT_

Oct 31, 2017
Not even sure where to begin.
Been reading posts about psvr for a while now.
Got a nice vacation buyout recently and decided to spend some of it on something I wouldn't have otherwise purchased. So I bought the AstorBot PSVR bundle.

Holy mother of god.

Had it for a couple weeks but have only been able to play for about an hour total (wife/kid/work/etc...). AstroBot is the most incredible thing I've ever seen - and I'm only on level 2. lol. For those that compared it to Super Mario 64, you are EXACTLY RIGHT. Nothing has had me slack jawed since then.
Ordered Move Controllers immediately (for beatsaber) - Arrived today and no idea how I am going to charge them, power my external drive and power the PSVR - but I'll figure it out.

If you haven't tried this yet, DO IT.
And for those people that have figured out how to store (neatly) all this crap, I'm all ears.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Not even sure where to begin.
Been reading posts about psvr for a while now.
Got a nice vacation buyout recently and decided to spend some of it on something I wouldn't have otherwise purchased. So I bought the AstorBot PSVR bundle.

Holy mother of god.

Had it for a couple weeks but have only been able to play for about an hour total (wife/kid/work/etc...). AstroBot is the most incredible thing I've ever seen - and I'm only on level 2. lol. For those that compared it to Super Mario 64, you are EXACTLY RIGHT. Nothing has had me slack jawed since then.
Ordered Move Controllers immediately (for beatsaber) - Arrived today and no idea how I am going to charge them, power my external drive and power the PSVR - but I'll figure it out.

If you haven't tried this yet, DO IT.
And for those people that have figured out how to store (neatly) all this crap, I'm all ears.
I store all the crap in a cabinet in my media unit. I drilled some big holes in the back, and put the PSVR headset, processing unit, DS4 dock and Move dock inside. The camera looks unsightly because I move it around a lot so can't conceal the cable.

Definitely get a Move dock at the very least. A lot of people here have stands for the headset, Moves and controller and they're pretty neat.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Dang, was hoping for discount to Astro Bot from winning at The Game Awards. Was gonna tell people to go and buy it since it was on sale, even though its totally worth it full price :P

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017

Great stuff. So many great moments in VR headed your way.

I bought a cheap (~$7) 4 port unpowered USB hub off eBay and connect the PS VR unit and controllers to it and the external hard drive has a dedicated connection to the other PS4 (amateur) port. Haven't tried charging three controllers at once or charging more than one while playing PS VR but it handles at least one more thing plugged in at the same time.

Or charge them while the PS4 is in standby (disconnect the PS VR unit, not the hard drive), or use a mobile charger or any other USB port in the house.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty old game now by PSVR standards but I finally got around to playing Thumper and dear god is this game amazing. I played it so much this week that I can't get the sound effects out of my head. They just keep repeating in my head as some sort of dystopian earworm and it's fantastic.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
^^^ Now try playing Thumper VR while wearing a haptic feedback vest like the Subpac MX2. It is one of the most amazing total body experiences possible in video games. =-P

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Got a set of used PS3 move controllers for just over 30$ and they are working like a charm. Thanks Weltall Zero for suggesting this, I wouldnt have thought about this otherwise. Bought VR worlds too and for a prototype London Heist had some great moments. Right at the start, lighting that cigar, picking up a magazine to reload after all these years of press square to reload, felt amazing :D . After playing the entire game in one go, Move controllers were still showing full charge. Loved every game that came with VR worlds. Scavengers Odyssey however made me very uncomfortable. I had to stop playing after 20-30 mins and for the next hour or so was feeling like I am going to puke any second now :( This is the first game that have caused motion sickness to me.

Tried Bound demo and man that game was mesmerizing in VR. Havnt seen many people recommending it, but this game is amazing in VR.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Got a set of used PS3 move controllers for just over 30$ and they are working like a charm. Thanks Weltall Zero for suggesting this, I wouldnt have thought about this otherwise. Bought VR worlds too and for a prototype London Heist had some great moments. Right at the start, lighting that cigar, picking up a magazine to reload after all these years of press square to reload, felt amazing :D . After playing the entire game in one go, Move controllers were still showing full charge. Loved every game that came with VR worlds. Scavengers Odyssey however made me very uncomfortable. I had to stop playing after 20-30 mins and for the next hour or so was feeling like I am going to puke any second now :( This is the first game that have caused motion sickness to me.

Tried Bound demo and man that game was mesmerizing in VR. Havnt seen many people recommending it, but this game is amazing in VR.
Yeah the moves battery is pretty decent and recharges quite fast too. A day of constant Skyrim is no problem at all in my experience.

Scavengers is the space game right where you jump around on asteroids? If so then yeah, I think it's wellknown for causing motion sickness. There must be something wrong with how that game is made compared to others. Other space shooters and even wipeout work much better in that regard.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Scavengers is the space game right where you jump around on asteroids? If so then yeah, I think it's wellknown for causing motion sickness. There must be something wrong with how that game is made compared to others. Other space shooters and even wipeout work much better in that regard.
Yeah, its that space game and yes while playing Wipeout also I felt a bit nauseous but Scavengers Odyssey was at a whole different level.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Glad to be of service, and cool that it all worked out so well! :)

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
So I was bored and picked up Space Pirate Trainer. Then I wasn't bored anymore. Seriously, it's an incredible amount of fun for such a low price. If you have two move controllers and want to feel like Starlord after having graduated from the jedi academy I seriously recommend picking it up.

Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land
I've been playing Rush recently and the sense of presence I get from this game is insane, it puts your viewpoint in the skydivers helmet and you can see the edge of the goggles in your vision.

Every jump you start at the top of a cliff face with crests, canyons and chasms beneath you. One, two, three and dive straight towards the veins that run down the mountain. You are encouraged to stay close to the ground as this builds your boost up but learn the course and can stay low keeping your boost going.

Weather effects are in full force here droplets of rain will hit your goggles and you'll get slight frosting in the cold. The effects really help to make you feel like you're there. All I need now is a fan and this may become a new favourite VR game of mine.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
It's really pretty fun; I've been playing a lot, too. Since I don't scream continuously the entire length of each race, they still have some distance to go immersion-wise, though.

Seriously, I really want them to make a Rush VR 2. They've absolutely nailed the base concept, and they did a smart thing by giving people goofball amusements to play with in multiplayer before and after each race, but I'd really like them to push it in an SSX direction if they make a sequel.

Also, it's currently 20% off for PS+ members; you more than get your money's worth with the base price, but at a discount it's crazy to not snap it up.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Back when I was new to Skyrim VR, I had a fantastic experience happen to me. I was playing normally, having fun with quests. Then all of a sudden I see a speck of dust in my right hand periphery. I immediately turn around to blow it away, only to realize that the dust is inside the game's tavern.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Skyrim VR has really grown on me after a fairly rough first impression.

It really didn't help that one of the first areas you visit is Whiterun and the surrounding fields, where the cut down LOD is in full force.

But mountainous or forested areas where your view is occluded fare much better than the wide, open fields. There's still the odd bit of pop in that is too close for comfort but I'm finding it easier to stay immersed.

The last thing I did was climb the Throat of the World and the sense of scale there and the dense atmospheric effects more than made up for any shortcomings.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
New game, exclusive to PSVR from FuturLab

A four player turn-based game is definitely not what I was expecting from the devs of some of my favorite, most frantic single player action games (Velocity and Velocity 2X, which are fantastic). Still, I'll take anything with robots in it! (possibly chasing that Astrobot audience).

The core mechanic feels very Roborally / Clairvoyance, which again I'm all for considering both of these are games I love. :)

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Interesting premise, but it make me want much bigger board, basically make it like a digital boardgame or something.

That's a bad idea; at a few moves per turn, it would be ages before players would interact, and it would make ranged weapons overpowered. Clairvoyance pits four bots versus four, in a 7x7 grid; 9x9 is plenty (perhaps too big, even!) for a 4 bot free for all.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's a bad idea; at a few moves per turn, it would be ages before players would interact, and it would make ranged weapons overpowered. Clairvoyance pits four bots versus four, in a 7x7 grid; 9x9 is plenty (perhaps too big, even!) for a 4 bot free for all.
I just see your clairvoyance vid. If I'm not mistake, the game is 1v1 with each player controlling 4 bots and each bot can only move like 1 grid at a time which looks fine for that board size, but in mini mech, looks like you have more mobility, you can move further each turn and you have guns so you can attack from far as well. so that board size still look too small for me.

Also my biggest concern is the fact that it's 4 player free for all on a small flat board with little obstacles. I just have a feel that people will gang up on 1 player, you even see it in the trailer. I think they should look for bomberman as great 4 player free for all game. Bigger stages, with stage obstacles and hazard.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I just see your clairvoyance vid. If I'm not mistake, the game is 1v1 with each player controlling 4 bots and each bot can only move like 1 grid at a time which looks fine for that board size, but in mini mech, looks like you have more mobility, you can move further each turn and you have guns so you can attack from far as well.

Bots can shoot in Clairvoyance too; in fact shots are insta-kills.

so that board size still look too small for me.

Also my biggest concern is the fact that it's 4 player free for all on a small flat board with little obstacles. I just have a feel that people will gang up on 1 player, you even see it in the trailer. I think they should look for bomberman as great 4 player free for all game. Bigger stages, with stage obstacles and hazard.

There's already hazards (pits at least). The board looked a bit flat to me (and I mean this mostly literally, as in visually! it would be more interesting if pits were actual holes rather than trapdoors), and the decision not to put any obstacles / cover is unusual to say the least, but I'm willing to give Futurlab of all people the benefit of the doubt and assume they've analyzed, tested and tweaked the gameplay infinitely more deeply than anything we can gleam on our own from an one-minute video. :)

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Any impressions on In Death? It looks pretty interesting, but the price is a little steep to just dive in blind.

Undead Bokun

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Ace Banana in the recent sale on Psn to go along with my new VR. I know, I know, but it was a dollar. Apart from some arm strain and a laughable translation I did enjoy my first play session with it. Unfortunately this did not last as after losing to the second boss the tracking got all messed up. It was totally unplayable and no matter how many times I tried to recalibrate, nothing. I quit the game and tried again the next day. Worked fine but once I died it again messed up.

I learned that the X button somewhat recenters the view and that made it a little playable but on the third attempted play session things really got bad. The game suddenly had me facing a wall away from my hands, despite never moving from my seated position. Nothing I did would maneuver my character to a playable area. Using X to readjust my view only moved my virtual hands in regards to where my body was supposed to be, not where I actually was. This issue has persisted even after fully powering the system down. I have rebooted it numerous times these past few days. The game is now 100% unplayable. Is there some way to adjust my position within the game world that I am missing? Any tips on how to fix this?

It is worth noting that every other game is fine. Nothing has changed. Short of wiping my save or uninstalling and reinstalling the game I am at a loss. I get it, it is Ace Banana and I only paid a buck so I shouldn't really care, but I do. Any help at all is appreciated.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So how is Red Matter? I like puzzle games and setting is intriguing.
I'm curious about this too. I checked earlier and it wasn't on the store... Any idea on the price?

Also, it's weird how they don't actually show you the actual trophy notification? Like they give you the little icon so why not actually show the text too?

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Lookin pretty good. Lovin the mix of smooth movement and teleport. Made raw data a treat
Something seems wrong with the video, it is incredibly jerky, the viewport jumps every half second or something, with smooth panning inbetween. I don't think that's in the game, because every player would have ripped the headset off after a minute the latest, potentially grasping for a bucket.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Something seems wrong with the video, it is incredibly jerky, the viewport jumps every half second or something, with smooth panning inbetween. I don't think that's in the game, because every player would have ripped the headset off after a minute the latest, potentially grasping for a bucket.
That's how snap turning works. I hate it myself.