• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That's how snap turning works. I hate it myself.

I quite like snap turning, and I think I'd have it on in every game even if smooth turning didn't make me unconfortable. It's just quicker. When I need to turn in-game it's because my intended direction and the direction I'm looking at are too far apart to bridge the gap by actual, physical turning, so I need a large turn immediately anyway. I can't imagine playing Raw Data with smooth turning, you're doing 180ºs all the time.

I need to get used to smooth turning (the same I got used to smooth locomotion quickly), just so that I can fairly compare them, but I always find it just... slower and cumbersome.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017

Lookin pretty good. Lovin the mix of smooth movement and teleport. Made raw data a treat

Looks good, but it is exactlay what I don't want from a VR game, like Skyrim.
It's nice to be in these worlds, but its also clear that these were not made with the VR in mind...
Astrobot shows perfectly how a VR game made from ground can be incredible better.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but it is exactlay what I don't want from a VR game, like Skyrim.
It's nice to be in these worlds, but its also clear that these were not made with the VR in mind...
Astrobot shows perfectly how a VR game made from ground can be incredible better.
Agree... Also, as much as I love VR, I wouldn't want to spend 100+ hours into a game like I did for each Skyrim and Borderlands 2.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
<-- (Looks at the 80 hours spent in Skyrim VR so far, doesn't say anything.)
Oh yeah I'm not judging haha...

There's just something with me and VR where I can't do super long session... I feel like it's not even a physical thing... Like I don't get sick or anything... I just hate to be cut off the rest of the world for any amount of time. I need to be able to multitask 3-4 things at the same time at all time so I have a though time focusing on one thing for too long.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
For me it's the opposite - I love the fact that it forces me to focus on what I'm doing. Probably not unrelated to the fact that I love it when I have the opportunity to turn off the phone for a few hours.

I would totally pay money for a VR Hermit game.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Oh yeah I'm not judging haha...

There's just something with me and VR where I can't do super long session... I feel like it's not even a physical thing... Like I don't get sick or anything... I just hate to be cut off the rest of the world for any amount of time. I need to be able to multitask 3-4 things at the same time at all time so I have a though time focusing on one thing for too long.

To be fair, you can play very long games in very short spurts as long as they support "save anywhere". Dark Souls games are surprisingly good for this! :) And of course, the wonders of suspend and resume kind of makes every game a "save anywhere" game (except, ironically, on PC).

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Seeing quite a few games on sale on US PSN. Rush of blood, wipeout omega collection, raw data , arkham vr to name a few.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking up reviews for some of the games on sale on Youtube and holy shit that "PSVR without parole" channel is just everywhere and I can't stand the dude...

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah, are you sure you're not confusing Ryan with Frank? His [Frank's] schtick actively annoys me, but I've found PSVR Without Parole's reviews to be really useful. Then again, to each their own.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Without Parole is the only VR channel that I find worthwhile. The reviews are very well done and informative. Very surprised to hear someone doesn't like him.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Arizona Sunshine worth $12? I have an AIM controller, but I'm not sure if I'll be tired of it when I get through with Farpoint and Firewall.

I gotta say it's super-frustrating that clicking on the "PSVR Deals" secton of the sale doesn't actually give you a list of all the PSVR games that are on-sale.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Without Parole is the only VR channel that I find worthwhile. The reviews are very well done and informative. Very surprised to hear someone doesn't like him.
Same for me. I just bought a VR headset and that channel has become my most watched on all of YouTube after this purchase, lol. I think the guy who does their reviews is positive, informative and speaks well. They also have a video for virtually every VR game so it's amazing for getting a grip on the PS VR library which I ignored for too long.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I was so disappointed to learn that Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes doesn't support the Move controllers on PSVR (especially considering it does support the equivalent controllers on PCVR). It seems like such a profoundly weird decision and even though I'm sure the game is perfectly functional, the fact that you don't get to physically interact with the bomb and its components seems... so wrong. Anyone bought it and can comment about it?

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Is Arizona Sunshine worth $12? I have an AIM controller, but I'm not sure if I'll be tired of it when I get through with Farpoint and Firewall.

I gotta say it's super-frustrating that clicking on the "PSVR Deals" secton of the sale doesn't actually give you a list of all the PSVR games that are on-sale.
I liked it. Played it with the aim. Decent enough story and shooter. I don't regret the money or time I spent on it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up buying Floor Plan, Statik and Just in Time Incorporated in the sale today.

Did the first few puzzles in Statik... Really enjoying the game... Until it crashed on me that is.

I was so disappointed to learn that Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes doesn't support the Move controllers on PSVR (especially considering it does support the equivalent controllers on PCVR). It seems like such a profoundly weird decision and even though I'm sure the game is perfectly functional, the fact that you don't get to physically interact with the bomb and its components seems... so wrong. Anyone bought it and can comment about it?

Not exactly the same thing but it reminds me of the fact that Defense Grid 2 was never updated for VR support on PS4 unlike on PC... That looks like such a fun game to play in VR.

Edit:

Here's a weird video from Gamespot about Ace Combat 7 in VR

Wtf... There's only 3 missions out of the whole game that are available in VR?

Last edited:

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So how is Red Matter? I like puzzle games and setting is intriguing.

Beat it last night. Puzzle games are not my first go to, but I got it because I love space/adventure. I really enjoyed it, Took me about 4-5 hours, the graphics are excellent, and I enjoyed solving the puzzles, even if it took me a minute of sitting there to figure out some of them. Quality game. You should also check out Transpose if you like puzzles, it's a mind bender, but red matter has that extra immersion.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How's Arizona Sunshine and how is it when played with Move Controllers instead of the Aim Controller?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Really tempted to get Tetris Effect at that price, but I also prefer yo have digital for a game like that. You know, where the impulse to play it could strike at any moment.
How's Arizona Sunshine and how is it when played with Move Controllers instead of the Aim Controller?
I thought it worked quite well! The AIM actually limits you to long guns and such (which feels good) but I'm a fan of dual wielding lol

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been any talks about Budget Cuts coming to PSVR?

I imagine it wouldn't be as good without roomscale but still...

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

Here's a short clip i recorded around launch to display the move tracking accuracy as there was some fears it being inadequate:

I preferred moves to the Aim for the whole storymode. Aim is a nice bonus to use in the challenge maps.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something but I feel like 15$ US (20$ CAN) seems a bit much for what's actually in there?
I tend to agree.
The reviews make it seem like a 5 minute experience you show off to friends / family as one of their first VR "whoah!" moments.
I'd probably get it if it goes on deep sale before Christmas otherwise I might pass.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I tend to agree.
The reviews make it seem like a 5 minute experience you show off to friends / family as one of their first VR "whoah!" moments.
I'd probably get it if it goes on deep sale before Christmas otherwise I might pass.

I watched the video and even that was giving me vertigo when the person walked off the edge of the plank. I can't imagine it in VR. $4 and I'm sold. Maybe $4.50.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn that sale got me. I got Raw Data, Battlezone, and Thumper for my drug game since Rez is not discounted

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in the Borderlands 2 VR OT. But I will post them here as well:

Reviews for Borderlands 2 VR:

Road To VR - 5.9/10
UploadVR - 7/10

I am not sure why Gearbox decided to exclude the AIM controller for this, it almost seems like Borderlands is built for it. I am really not sure whether to buy it or not, I am looking for another AAA game for VR as I really enjoyed Skyrim. I never finished did finish Borderlands 2 when I bought on 360.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the Borderlands 2 VR OT. But I will post them here as well:

Reviews for Borderlands 2 VR:

Road To VR - 5.9/10
UploadVR - 7/10

I am not sure why Gearbox decided to exclude the AIM controller for this, it almost seems like Borderlands is built for it. I am really not sure whether to buy it or not, I am looking for another AAA game for VR as I really enjoyed Skyrim. I never finished did finish Borderlands 2 when I bought on 360.
The fact that it's full price and doesn't even include the DLC makes it pretty much dead on arrival imo

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
So tempted with this sale. I wish it extended a little longer after Christmas.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
So I've bought Wipeout Omega and Rush of Blood on the ongoing sale, but none of them are working.
In rush of blood, it reaches to the controller select screen and after that both the DS4 as well as Move controllers stop working and I am simply unable to pick any of the controller option. With Wipeout Omega, all I can see is a black screen, I can hear the music in the background though :(

I had demos for both of these games and they were working flawlessly. Tried deleting the demos and have deleted-downloaded and re-installed the games a couple of times, but getting the exact same issue every time :( Any suggestions?