• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I tried Sprint Vector for the first time and found it really difficult to control. Everything was fine in the tutorial but once I was in a stage it felt way too hectic.

How's Creed by the way? I'm finding I like using the PSVR for cardio.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I tried Sprint Vector for the first time and found it really difficult to control. Everything was fine in the tutorial but once I was in a stage it felt way too hectic.

How's Creed by the way? I'm finding I like using the PSVR for cardio.

I felt exactly the same. I like the concept and it works fine in the tutorial but in an actual race I sucked big time. Need to try again, gave up on it a bit too fast.

Beat Saber is great for cardio, I usually do all songs while wearing 3 kg of weight cuffs on each arm when I play for cardio.

Oct 27, 2017
I felt exactly the same. I like the concept and it works fine in the tutorial but in an actual race I sucked big time. Need to try again, gave up on it a bit too fast.

Beat Saber is great for cardio, I usually do all songs while wearing 3 kg of weight cuffs on each arm when I play for cardio.
Yeah Beat Saber is incredible.

So far I'd rank the games I've played:

1. Thumper (did not expect this)
2. Astro Bot
3. Beat Saber
4. Rush of Blood (didn't expect this either)
5. Wipeout
6. Sprint Vector
7. Dirt Rally

None of them have been outright bad experiences but I'd say I could have passed on Dirt since Wipeout is so damn good.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Man, 5 days of searching and I still haven't settled on a case for this thing. I waffle between just getting a PSVR case so it won't collect dust or a PSVR + PS4 carrying case in case I'm travelling more and more this year. I tried taking my PS4 in a suitcase earlier in the year and the console shell got damaged on one corner (I packed it poorly). Bah! Decisions, decisions.

Edit: Hah! Dumb luck time. I found an old PSN card in a box from our last move, checked it, and it still has some cash on it! Just went crazy on the PSN sale and picked up Battlezone, Raw Data, Ultrawings, Sprint Vector, Keep Talking and no one explodes, and Farpoint. Now I just need to find a cheap used Aim controller! What a cool end to a bad week.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
played Firewall with the Aim Controller...well, the core game is ok i guess but wow there are so many drawbacks: graphics are blurry af on PS4Pro with antialiasing on, then you have superjanky animations which just look awkward. i was instantly remembered of PS2 animations.

but the real offender is waiting 2-3minutes for a match to start only to have it ended when the host quits. if the host doesn´t quit, the matches are like 3minute affairs and one round, then its back to waiting in the lobby with people talking BS or in other languages while you wait. what were they thinking?

came off super underwhelmed because the core shooting with the Aim is fun but the game falls really flat because of the problems. would not recommend this game at all tbh. it is also so slow that even running is like walking, i get it, tactical and all but this isn´t tactical that is sedative

now i have buyers remorse because of the Aim Controller, i thought i would play Firewall for longer than a single afternoon

bad idea, this is not good for your joints at all...shoulders can also suffer from that and the weight is too much, 3kg of weights is certainly something

Last edited:

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
played Firewall with the Aim Controller...well, the core game is ok i guess but wow there are so many drawbacks: graphics are blurry af on PS4Pro with antialiasing on, then you have superjanky animations which just look awkward. i was instantly remembered of PS2 animations.

but the real offender is waiting 2-3minutes for a match to start only to have it ended when the host quits. if the host doesn´t quit, the matches are like 3minute affairs and one round, then its back to waiting in the lobby with people talking BS or in other languages while you wait. what were they thinking?

came off super underwhelmed because the core shooting with the Aim is fun but the game falls really flat because of the problems. would not recommend this game at all tbh. it is also so slow that even running is like walking, i get it, tactical and all but this isn´t tactical that is sedative

now i have buyers remorse because of the Aim Controller, i thought i would play Firewall for longer than a single afternoon

bad idea, this is not good for your joints at all...shoulders can also suffer from that and the weight is too much, 3kg of weights is certainly something
Are you the guy that thought RE7 was bad too? It's possible high expectations are ruining your experiences...

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Are you the guy that thought RE7 was bad too? It's possible high expectations are ruining your experiences...
I actually just came here to say that, as a VR veteran, my friends and I sat down this evening to round-table, pass-the-headset my new copy of RE7. I'm blown away that this was a launch game, we had fun for hours! I can't imagine it being anywhere near as engrossing outside of VR. Being able to peak around corners and the added sense of place was amazing. Really smooth experience too, since it's only tracking the headset. Completely fine with head-to-aim tbh, since it completely avoids the often imperfect controller tracking.

Tl;dr RE7 in VR is a great game to play with friends

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
Host migration not being included is my only complaint about Firewall. Other than that, the game is an awesome experience with a great community and feels so good to play with an aim controller

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

I started with 1 kg (that's how I used to play Samba de Amigo back in the DC days) but that was not challenging any more so I got the 2 kg weights, and later I added the 1 kg for a total of 3... I've done gym programs where using 2 kg dumbbells while doing cardio routines was a common thing, so I thought this should be OK. But I'm a total noob regarding this stuff so thanks for pointing this out.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
I started with 1 kg (that's how I used to play Samba de Amigo back in the DC days) but that was not challenging any more so I got the 2 kg weights, and later I added the 1 kg for a total of 3... I've done gym programs where using 2 kg dumbbells while doing cardio routines was a common thing, so I thought this should be OK. But I'm a total noob regarding this stuff so thanks for pointing this out.

I'm no expert on this at all so better input would be appreciated, what i took away from reading about the damage this can cause myself: It's similar to weight lifting (or any hard physical work/sport really) in that bad motions where bones and ligaments have to eat part of the force (bad form, tired muscles, too heavy weights, turning on the spot out of full run/swing, ...) just has really bad long term effects. In combination with the gaming aspect as opposed to something you naturally want to stop doing the moment it gets uncomfortable and the rapid changes of movement required on expert/expert+... yes, this can cause serious damage if you regularly just strap heavy weights to your arms and go high score hunting until you drop. If you treat it like one part of your workout routine (stretching, short, focus on clean motions instead of high scores) it should be fine.

edit because i just read your orignal message: serious cardio like this sounds like a very bad idea to me

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

as i said there is a risk for joint and shoulder problems because you put much strain on your wrists which are already in sometimes unnatural motion due to Beat Saber.

you can read up on this topic on http://www.anklefootmd.com/the-risks-of-wearing-ankle-weights-during-your-run/ this is for running with weights but it also counts for playing VR games with such weights. you are better off playing without weights and instead incorporate some dance moves/ leg motion in your VR workout.

edit: more information on this topic here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4n7tm0/psa_use_wrist_or_ankle_weights_in_vr_at_your_own/

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So I've got a PSVR v1, and recently got a new HDR TV. Of course the v1 box doesn't do HDR pass through.
A while ago I bought a HDMI splitter in readiness for getting a HDR TV, and had it connected as,

PS4 -> HDMI Splitter
HDMI Splitter Output 1 -> AV System -> TV
HDMI Splitter Outpu 2 -> PSVR box -> TV

So I used output 1 for playing HDR content on my PS4 and with sound through my surround sound setup, then in theory could use output 2 for when I wanted to use the PSVR headset.
Unfortunately it looks like my splitter isn't working, I just get no output through it whatsoever when trying to go through my AV system. I've tested all the cables with the splitter out of the equation and they're working fine, but it seems to be the splitter.

The one I have is this,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00W6XRCKA/

Now it says it supports everything, but either it doesn't or the splitter itself is just borked.

So, does anyone else have a PSVR v1 and is using an HDMI splitter to get around the HDR passthrough problem that they would recommend?

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
So I used output 1 for playing HDR content on my PS4 and with sound through my surround sound setup, then in theory could use output 2 for when I wanted to use the PSVR headset.
Unfortunately it looks like my splitter isn't working, I just get no output through it whatsoever when trying to go through my AV system. I've tested all the cables with the splitter out of the equation and they're working fine, but it seems to be the splitter.

The one I have is this,

Now it says it supports everything, but either it doesn't or the splitter itself is just borked.

So, does anyone else have a PSVR v1 and is using an HDMI splitter to get around the HDR passthrough problem that they would recommend?
try using the splitter setup, but shutdown the TV/HDR output after when you start your ps4, or psvr, and then power the tv again. Maybe it helps.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really liking racket fury the physics seem on point for table tennis, although doing something like a topspin/backspin seems a bit easier too execute than real but that actually makes it more fun.

Also played creed today and was drenched in sweat after a few sessions, almost knocked the headset of my head when trying to dodge a punch. I wish the developers added some virbation feedback when a punch lands to make it feel like you hit something so it doesn't feel like your punching air.

Can't wait to try re7 aswell, was shittng my self playing in non vr so i'm expecting a traumatic experience in vr.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Really liking racket fury the physics seem on point for table tennis, although doing something like a topspin/backspin seems a bit easier too execute than real but that actually makes it more fun.

Also played creed today and was drenched in sweat after a few sessions, almost knocked the headset of my head when trying to dodge a punch. I wish the developers added some virbation feedback when a punch lands to make it feel like you hit something so it doesn't feel like your punching air.

Can't wait to try re7 aswell, was shittng my self playing in non vr so i'm expecting a traumatic experience in vr.

In regards too RE7, Let us know how you feel it compares In VR as opposed to flat TV, As I find it impossible to play it on the TV after experiencing it in VR. Your coming the other way tho, TV first then VR. Be interesting to see how you compare.

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of OT, but does anybody here play Beat Saber on PC? I'm trying to use a mod that will let me turn down the note hit sound, but it's not working. I don't want it completely off because it is good feedback.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Man... whose idea was it to include those stages with maximum saber travel distance limits? What a way to suck all the fun out of the game. The campaign mode is generally a lot of fun, but I really hated those challenges.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Y'know what'd be a spectacular game for PSVR with move controllers?

http:///xVcd.png

Trailer here if you're not familiar with it:

An underappreciated game on Vita, the striking visuals, node-based movement and focus on sword slashing would be an amazing fit IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sprint Vector might be kind of awful. Which is a shame since the core idea is solid. They could have kept it simple but instead they add a lot turning, jumping, climbing, and various other actions that slow down the momentum constantly.

I think somebody could make an insanely cool "launching" game using similar ideas (and by ripping off Enders Game).

Man... whose idea was it to include those stages with maximum saber travel distance limits? What a way to suck all the fun out of the game. The campaign mode is generally a lot of fun, but I really hated those challenges.

I can't stand the disappearing arrow stages. I'm really enjoying the game overall though.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That is an excellent fit!

Right? With the time and money to make a really loving conversion, I think it could be both better and more successful than the original (which itself was really cool).

I think Sprint Vector might be kind of awful. Which is a shame since the core idea is solid. They could have kept it simple but instead they add a lot turning, jumping, climbing, and various other actions that slow down the momentum constantly.

I think somebody could make an insanely cool "launching" game using similar ideas (and by ripping off Enders Game).

I can't stand the disappearing arrow stages. I'm really enjoying the game overall though.

Sprint Vector is really close to greatness for me, but I felt like everything is just that little bit off. The mechanics for jumping and climbing regularly give me trouble, and the way you're expected to navigate tight corners with controls that really don't handle cornering very nicely is a bummer.

But even with all that, you can see that there's a great game shining through at times.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Is anyone having problems with the headband peeling / flaking? I got mine since launch and just noticed that mine is beginning to peel as well. Mainly at the back.

Not sure if I should leave it as it is or try to get something to patch it up. My only concern is that because the surface underneath the rubber is cloth material, it might get dirty real quick from dirt / sweat.

Oct 27, 2017
Right? With the time and money to make a really loving conversion, I think it could be both better and more successful than the original (which itself was really cool).

Sprint Vector is really close to greatness for me, but I felt like everything is just that little bit off. The mechanics for jumping and climbing regularly give me trouble, and the way you're expected to navigate tight corners with controls that really don't handle cornering very nicely is a bummer.

But even with all that, you can see that there's a great game shining through at times.
The tutorials make the game feel awesome but the second you're in a race it falls apart... Kind of dramatically.

Also I said it before but after playing a few more stages of Rush of Blood I seriously think it's one of the cooler games on the system. The sound design alone is top notch.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I currently have in my cart:

Astro Bot
Firewall
Beat Saber
Superhot
Job Simulator

I have a 20% off code from my PS4 Pro purchase but I am hoping that at least a couple of these go on sale this tuesday when the new prices go live. Also I have been enjoying Borderlands 2 way more than I thought I would. I have the controls down now and it really is an entirely new way to play a game that I have beaten multiple times. The full gun tracking with the Move Controllers really adds so much to the gun fights.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
PSA: If you have an original launch PSVR check the headband rubber that's in contact with your head. Mine was starting to disintegrate. I noticed after seeing black specks of rubber stuck to me after playing with it last night.

I just ended up taking all of it off, now left with the foam underneath. Couldn't see any replacement parts online so I'm going to live with it. Also cleaned it after use with antibacterial wipes every play, so it's not through neglect. I've had the same problem with cheap headphones, shame psvr has this cheap rubber spray stuff too.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
PSA: If you have an original launch PSVR check the headband rubber that's in contact with your head. Mine was starting to disintegrate. I noticed after seeing black specks of rubber stuck to me after playing with it last night.

I just ended up taking all of it off, now left with the foam underneath. Couldn't see any replacement parts online so I'm going to live with it. Also cleaned it after use with antibacterial wipes every play, so it's not through neglect. I've had the same problem with cheap headphones, shame psvr has this cheap rubber spray stuff too.
Eh, even some of the pricier headphones may do this (crack / peel), it depends on the physical condition and storage conditions (humidity + other factors). But at least those are easily replaceable.

My psvr is the launch set too, and last night I noticed it was starting to peel, not upset over it since I clocked many hours already, but its a shame Sony don't sell any replacement pads officially.

I hear some users have luck contacting support and getting their pads replaced for a small fee, but never tried it myself cause its a hassle with the shipping and stuff.

I will probably just leave mine as it is, maybe wear a bandana or something to minimize the skin contact with the padding.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Eh, even some of the pricier headphones may do this (crack / peel), it depends on the physical condition and storage conditions (humidity + other factors). But at least those are easily replaceable.

My psvr is the launch set too, and last night I noticed it was starting to peel, not upset over it since I clocked many hours already, but its a shame Sony don't sell any replacement pads officially.

I hear some users have luck contacting support and getting their pads replaced for a small fee, but never tried it myself cause its a hassle with the shipping and stuff.

I will probably just leave mine as it is, maybe wear a bandana or something to minimize the skin contact with the padding.
Yeah I'm not sending it in. Just a shame companies keep using this crappy spray rubber stuff. Just use better materials. I've had velour cups on headphones for years and years, still good as new.

Oct 25, 2017
So I've got a PSVR v1, and recently got a new HDR TV. Of course the v1 box doesn't do HDR pass through.
A while ago I bought a HDMI splitter in readiness for getting a HDR TV, and had it connected as,

PS4 -> HDMI Splitter
HDMI Splitter Output 1 -> AV System -> TV
HDMI Splitter Outpu 2 -> PSVR box -> TV

The one I have is this,

I have a splitter in my setup. Works fine but it took me a while to shift around cables to get it optimal.

Every connection and every foot of cable is going to lose signal strength. Generally, you should get a downgraded HDRless signal though instead of no signal.

Does your AV system support HDR? Have you tested connecting PS4->Splitter->TV(No AV)?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Y'know what'd be a spectacular game for PSVR with move controllers?

http:///xVcd.png

Trailer here if you're not familiar with it:

An underappreciated game on Vita, the striking visuals, node-based movement and focus on sword slashing would be an amazing fit IMO.

I wonder if this could work at all in VR. The game is all vector 2D visuals, so in VR (or, really, even in a TV, if you allowed a free camera) they would break apart once you look them from even a slightly off angle. The only way to make them work would be to force them to always face the player, and that always looks super weird (and would probably break the environments).

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
so, i tested a few games with the Aim Controller and i come to the conclusion that the Controller itself is neat but the games supporting it are quite underwhelming...

Firewall has ridiculous waiting times and the rounds are far too short, on top of it the match ends when the host quits, this game is just a proof of concept and the technical execution is a bad joke. When people are dead they shout ridiculous call outs like "left left" or "the stairs!" which left and which stairs? gameplay gains nothing through this. this is "Waiting: The Game"

Arizona Sunshine: super low budget game with awful voiceacting and shitty graphics, gameplay is whatever

Farpoint: best presentation of all the Aim games but also not a good game: too many cutscenes and samey enemies which do nothing. Protagonists shadow looks superstiff, Movement resembles more a floating camera than a guy walking. Boring game.

Brookhaven: not my thing, standing around and turning in 4 directions is not exactly what i would call engaging gameplay

Dick Wilde: game would be fun but gets too hard too fast. Played for half an hour and have no desire to ever come back to this game.

so yeah, buyers remorse at its finest for the Aim games and the Controller, that was over 100 bucks which could have been spent on better things. will wait if there are announcements for 2019 Aim games, if not i will sell it, the controller is neat but the games imo just suck. The Persistence is far superior to all Aim Controller games.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wonder if this could work at all in VR. The game is all vector 2D visuals, so in VR (or, really, even in a TV, if you allowed a free camera) they would break apart once you look them from even a slightly off angle. The only way to make them work would be to force them to always face the player, and that always looks super weird (and would probably break the environments).

Given the game is node-based rather than free movement you'd only have to ensure the environments looked correct from a single spot in each scene. It'd require some reworking I'd imagine, but I think it'd be worth it. The combat would be super satisfying if you could slash the way you can in something like Beat Saber.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
And when they look around, how are you going to prevent the illusion of a world made of 2D images that only work from the front from breaking apart?

I mean, clearly the objects aren't going to look like anything other than 2D, but then they never did on the Vita either, and it wasn't an issue then. Look around yourself from where you're sitting now; how many sides of any object can you see? There wouldn't be any need to draw extra artwork for any of the objects if the player is unable to move around them.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I mean, clearly the objects aren't going to look like anything other than 2D, but then they never did on the Vita either, and it wasn't an issue then. Look around yourself from where you're sitting now; how many sides of any object can you see? There wouldn't be any need to draw extra artwork for any of the objects if the player is unable to move around them.

But you can always move (and look) around them in VR, there is nothing preventing you from doing this. Looking at the sides as you move forward is nearly damn instinctive when you're in a VR world. You can also look up and down. These things immediately break the illusion and make them look not just 2D, but paper 2D cutouts that are magically oriented to face you, which never looks right.

I dunno, perhaps I'm overstating the issue, but my gut reaction is that the illusion would immediately break and look like you're in a world of cheap cardboard cutouts.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
But you can always move (and look) around them in VR, there is nothing preventing you from doing this. Looking at the sides as you move forward is nearly damn instinctive when you're in a VR world. You can also look up and down. These things immediately break the illusion and make them look not just 2D, but paper 2D cutouts that are magically oriented to face you, which never looks right.

I dunno, perhaps I'm overstating the issue, but my gut reaction is that the illusion would immediately break and look like you're in a world of cheap cardboard cutouts.

I think we're on the same page, but the fact of the matter is the game has always looked like a world of paper cutouts:

http:///mXcd.png

It did on Vita, and it would in VR. Personally, I think the game has the atmosphere to pull it off, especially when you're facing off against some of the monstrosities it throws at you. Once you accept that you're inside a strange, surreal world of simple shapes and colours rather than a traditionally rendered 3D world, I think most players would take it in their stride.

Also just in case I'm misunderstanding you, you've played the game on Vita, right? I imagined that rather than those little push-in animations when you move to the next node, it'd simply do a quick dip-to-black between them. That way there's no opportunity for the player to see the environments from any angle the developer didn't intend.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
...Look around yourself from where you're sitting now; how many sides of any object can you see? There wouldn't be any need to draw extra artwork for any of the objects if the player is unable to move around them.
I can see more or less of the sides of meatspace objects simply by leaning to the left or right. What you're proposing is basically having a VR version of Severed be a virtual flat screen, maybe with some depth like a 3D movie. That's an incredibly minimal upgrade from just playing on your TV with a huge loss in resolution. I certainly wouldn't bother shelling out money for that unless it was a free upgrade to the existing game (and in that case I'd probably just play the non-VR mode).

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I can see more or less of the sides of meatspace objects simply by leaning to the left or right. What you're proposing is basically having a VR version of Severed be a virtual flat screen, maybe with some depth like a 3D movie. That's an incredibly minimal upgrade from just playing on your TV with a huge loss in resolution. I certainly wouldn't bother shelling out money for that unless it was a free upgrade to the existing game (and in that case I'd probably just play the non-VR mode).

I mean, no, that isn't what I'm proposing at all. I'm suggesting a game very much like the original, with the player able to look around themselves in a full 360 degrees.

And yes, leaning on the spot allows you to see a small amount of the sides of 3D objects in the real world, but only a little more, and only objects that are very close to you. In Severed, most objects and scenery are quite a distance from the player.

Finally, the main advantage of a PSVR port would be the realistic sword slashing. If all you want is an immersive world with plenty of pretty objects to look at the sides of, there's plenty of those out there.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I've hit my horror limit, right freaking here. Amenesia, fatal frame, haunting ground, etc name it i've done them all.

Re7 kitchen demo + first hour, yeah it's stresfull, but no problem to finish them
The persitence. love the atmosphere, couple of jump scare, fine.
But Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, i was fine for first 4 stages, couple of really freakin jumpscare, sure i don't like them, but not hate them. But that 5th stage, that giant spider/tanratula stage.... Grimrock spider, i'm fine, any RPG spider, i'm fine, i'm pretty sure i'm not Arachnophobia, i'm doing a lot of camping, i have 0 problem with them ... BUT THAT STAGE !!! I'll never play it again.... never.... again.... i was screaming llke a little girl.... i'm done for tonight, i'm so totally done... tell me this is over ? no more of these jumpscare little bastard ?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Host migration not being included is my only complaint about Firewall. Other than that, the game is an awesome experience with a great community and feels so good to play with an aim controller

Yeah it really is one of the best VR games easily. I do recommend going into a PSVR Firewall community in the PS4 communities to find proper players, or just hop from game to game until you get a reasonable sounding crew :D that guys' complaints see mostly to be about things that could be said of any multiplayer shooter really. And in general he doesn't seem to like VR games or accept the fact that they have to be PS2 graphics to be able to run 90fps on a base PS4.

Gen-1 PSVR is about acceptance, not complaining :D

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
or accept the fact that they have to be PS2 graphics to be able to run 90fps on a base PS4.
Maybe because that is utterly wrong? First of all, very few PSVR games run at 90 fps. The vast majority runs at 60 fps, reprojected twice to 120 fps. And then there's a few native 90 and 120 fps titles (reprojected just once).

Second, people seem to forget how PS2 titles really looked. The quality of the textures and the filtering of good looking PSVR games is miles better, let alone polygone count.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Second, people seem to forget how PS2 titles really looked. The quality of the textures and the filtering of good looking PSVR games is miles better, let alone polygone count.

no i actively still play PS2 games on a PVM :D It's quite similar in the sense of things being of lower polycount and the image quality is "soft" in general,
maxresdefault.jpg

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
...from a cut scene...

Also judging from the (missing) aliasing this looks like an emulator screenshot.

Last edited:

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - VR Gameplay | PlayStation Underground

18 minutes of VR gameplay. Hard to watch some of it because of the head movement but gives you an idea of what it will be like.