• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Just tried Raw Data with the Pro patch. Graphics look pretty much identical so in that particular aspect it's a disappointment.

However not only is the refresh rate of the enemy animations much smoother now, but the hand tracking/player animations feel much smoother as well. Enemy reactions (such as sword hits) feel much more responsive, and the physics of the enemy reactions (again, such as cutting them) are noticeably higher quality.

The game just feels far less janky to play than before. I have no idea if any of this is pro-specific or applies also to the base version, but I'm pretty sure this is what they mean by "quality of the simulation" and it's a huge difference.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried Raw Data with the Pro patch. Graphics look pretty much identical so in that particular aspect it's a disappointment.

However not only is the refresh rate of the enemy animations much smoother now, but the hand tracking/player animations feel much smoother as well. Enemy reactions (such as sword hits) feel much more responsive, and the physics of the enemy reactions (again, such as cutting them) are noticeably higher quality.

The game just feels far less janky to play than before. I have no idea if any of this is pro-specific or applies also to the base version, but I'm pretty sure this is what they mean by "quality of the simulation" and it's a huge difference.

Noticed the same thing. The game used to tire my eyes out really quickly beforehand but I just played through 7 levels in one session with no problems whatsoever. I also switched to walk mode and turned off all the comfort settings and it was much better. The scheme is a bit awkward but with the added smooth turning feels a more intuitive.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Noticed the same thing. The game used to tire my eyes out really quickly beforehand but I just played through 7 levels in one session with no problems whatsoever. I also switched to walk mode and turned off all the comfort settings and it was much better. The scheme is a bit awkward but with the added smooth turning feels a more intuitive.

Yeah! I didn't get tired playing it last night either! Was surprising.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Presumably the CPU, rather than the GPU, is the limiting factor in this case. Or some other graphical processing was added. Whatever the case, it's silly to call the devs lazy, like they were adding individual pixels by hand and got tired at 15% and needed to rest.
I think the key things are that how much resolution is actually needed for the kind of barrel image that is being rendered before the trade-off of increasing other things like animation, transparency, etc. quality is diminished? Not everything scales 1:1, especially when it comes to stuff like VR.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Here's an interesting method for calibrating the headset. I'm going to try it out.

hmmm, I think I remember doing this once when I first got PSVR, (but I dont recall this particular UI in the video) but have never done it since, would it be worth to do it again? do you need to redo it if your room lighting and/or lighting setup changes?

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I might be getting a VR next month, and I just wanted to get some recommendations on games. So far I'm planning on getting Skyrim, Farpoint and Doom VFR, and I already have RIGS thanks to PS+. Any other ideas for what games I could get down the line? I want to get as much use out of this as possible, and I would prefer games that have replayability over experiences like Arkham VR.

Also, are the Move controllers worth it or am I good with just the Dualshock?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
So I think I might be getting a VR next month, and I just wanted to get some recommendations on games. So far I'm planning on getting Skyrim, Farpoint and Doom VFR, and I already have RIGS thanks to PS+. Any other ideas for what games I could get down the line? I want to get as much use out of this as possible, and I would prefer games that have replayability over experiences like Arkham VR.

If you don't have a heart condition, Resident Evil 7 is essential. And most people here would say the Move controllers are worth it. Motion control was wasted on traditional games, but definitely makes more sense in VR.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Check the OT I listed some suggestions there. I'll be running a survey in December and update the list(s) too.

If you're new to VR, make sure to start out with things that are more "experiences" than games. It'll help you get accustomed to the whole experience. If you jump directly toward any of the games you listed, you're likely going to be on your way to barftown earlier than latter.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't have a heart condition, Resident Evil 7 is essential. And most people here would say the Move controllers are worth it. Motion control was wasted on traditional games, but definitely makes more sense in VR.

I may give that a shot. I've heard that horror is a great way to showcase the strengths of VR, and its a full game too.

Check the OT I listed some suggestions there. I'll be running a survey in December and update the list(s) too.

If you're new to VR, make sure to start out with things that are more "experiences" than games. It'll help you get accustomed to the whole experience. If you jump directly toward any of the games you listed, you're likely going to be on your way to barftown earlier than latter.

Well I'll probably be getting that new VR Worlds starter pack since the Bethesda bundles seemingly aren't coming to Europe, so I suppose I can ease myself in with that.

Thanks guys!

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I may give that a shot. I've heard that horror is a great way to showcase the strengths of VR, and its a full game too.

Well I'll probably be getting that new VR Worlds starter pack since the Bethesda bundles seemingly aren't coming to Europe, so I suppose I can ease myself in with that.

Thanks guys!
Yeah definitely get the games you listed, and also RE7, but I would not jump into RE7 right away, until you know how comfortable you are with VR, and even then, I would build up tolerance for a good while before playing that game. I believe there is still an R7 demo out, that includes the VR component. as well as the older Kitchen experience demo.

Go to the PSVR Free section on PS store, there a bunch of good stuff, like Playroom VR.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017

UD: Rush of Blood is also available as a ps+ freebie

Deleted member 4852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

First, the moves definitely worth it and add a lot to the games that are compatible with it(same goes for the aim controller). Second, there are so many good games to get. The best suggestions is to install/download the two demo discs and try a variety of different games. The demos give you a good range of types of games to experience and I found that games I wasn't really interested in really surprised me with how fun they were.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017

A title that I see going under the radar a lot is Tumble VR. You get a lot of gameplay for a small price. It might seem simplistic on the surface (stacking blocks) but it's actually really well made and challenging. Driveclub VR also offers quite a bit of content for a cheap price now. The graphics are a tad blurry these days but it's still fine and plays great although it might be a bit intense for first time VR players.

Speaking of which, if you're new to VR, be sure to start out playing some games without locomotion to give yourself some time to get used to it. It took a couple of weeks before I got my VR legs for games that had locomotion. Don't get discouraged if it happens to you. I know for a fact that if you take it easy, you can overcome it like I did and you'll be glad once you do because then you can play games like Windlands which is a very intense VR game.

As for Move controllers, you're going to want them. Having hand presence is kind of a big deal once you've tried it. If you're strapped for cash, check your local games reseller or pawn shop and see if they have a cheap pair for sale. You could save some money versus buying new ones.

Oct 29, 2017
After taking a long break from it, finally finished far point. The 2nd half of the game is so much better and intense! Now I just need to find somebody to try the co-op with.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of titles that go under the radar, I'm surprised Headmaster didn't get more attention. I know the premise sounds dull, but just a bit of the demo gives a good feel of the humor in the game. I feel like it's one of the more complete, longer titles, especially for launch. And there's several levels where I kept laughing out loud at the absurdity of what was going on, even though I'm generally a fairly reserved person. It's got great humor, both verbal and impressively, physical humor in spades, a wide variety of obstacles and levels, and relatively high production values.

The biggest downsides are it's a genuinely difficult game so you need to be set up for optimum tracking to have a hope of advancing, and it's easy to forget the Proper Heading MotionTM and find yourself with a bad headache the next day. It's not a game you want to marathon.

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of titles that go under the radar, I'm surprised Headmaster didn't get more attention. I know the premise sounds dull, but just a bit of the demo gives a good feel of the humor in the game. I feel like it's one of the more complete, longer titles, especially for launch. And there's several levels where I kept laughing out loud at the absurdity of what was going on, even though I'm generally a fairly reserved person. It's got great humor, both verbal and impressively, physical humor in spades, a wide variety of obstacles and levels, and relatively high production values.

The biggest downsides are it's a genuinely difficult game so you need to be set up for optimum tracking to have a hope of advancing, and it's easy to forget the Proper Heading MotionTM and find yourself with a bad headache the next day. It's not a game you want to marathon.

Headmaster was one of the standouts at launch. It's one of the games I regularly use to demo VR to others as it's so simple to understand. I've never "finished" the game though as it gets a bit too tough for my head....

Supreme Allah

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I actually liked the Headmaster demo, will probably pick it up in a future sale.

Supreme Allah

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Thumper and Statik are must haves,

Issen

Nov 12, 2017

Move is essential IMO. Hand presence is a big part of what makes VR so good.

My recommendations:
DIRT Rally (best PSVR game so far IMO)
Farpoint (game is mediocre but the VR experience and Aim Controller gameplay is top notch, unlike anything you've played yet)
Raw Data (so far the best game to screw around with dual guns, swords and bows. Doom VFR may or may not take away a big chunk of this game's appeal if the gunplay is good though)
Gran Turismo Sport (the only track racing simulator on PSVR despite its limitations)

Looking forward, I am personally looking out for:
Skyrim VR
Doom VFR
FFXV Monster Of The Deep
(I really enjoyed the fishing minigame in FFXV)
Ace Combat 7
RedOut
(getting PSVR support "this year" but no firm date yet. WipEout experience in VR and the base game is fantastic!)
Zone of the Enders MVRS (this is probably gonna be janky as hell but I still want to try it out)

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
hmmm, I think I remember doing this once when I first got PSVR, (but I dont recall this particular UI in the video) but have never done it since, would it be worth to do it again? do you need to redo it if your room lighting and/or lighting setup changes?
OK, I tried out that method four times and concluded it is too difficult to line it up at all angles the way the video demonstrates. It improved my problem with 2D content being off angle about 15 degrees, but didn't totally fix it.

So that's what the tutorial helped me with the most. I now realize that the problem all along was a poorly calibrated headset. With that in mind, I calibrated the lights the old fashioned way (holding it in my hands), but this time I was very careful to keep it steady and made sure that I hit the angles correctly.

Sure enough, I no longer have angle issues with a 2D image (i.e., the locker inventory or cassette file save screens in RE7 VR). Before, I had to set my headset upside down on a flat surface every new gaming session to fix it. So far, re-calibrating seems to have fixed it for good.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
It should have been at least double.
That's generally really not how these kinds of things work. Just because it had a bit over double the teraflops available doesn't mean you can double the resolution in any and all games. A lot of rendering scales up in simple ways, but tons of effects like realtime lighting, alpha effects, specular effects oreven just plain downsampling don't increase in resource demand in a linear fashion. Upping the resolution while preserving the fidelity of their effects (and adding downsampling) is an exponential increase in VRAM usage per effect. This is totally besides the other improvements on Pro obviously sapping some of those extra resources and the ironclad importance of flawless framerates. I'm sorry for hounding you on this, but calling devs lazy and quoting a 100% increase for a VR game as the point of "not laziness" is crazy. As an example, Farpoint was said to render "Roughly twice as many pixels". Depending on which side of 100% that falls on, suddenly Impulse Gear are lazy or just barely passing your absurd standard. Just please don't call developers lazy, dude. That's all I'm really trying to get at here.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I'll be one of you all soon! Finally pulled the trigger on a bundle consisting of PlayStation VR + PS4 V2 Camera + VR Worlds + Gran Turismo Sport & Skyrim VR for a total of AUD$383.20 which I'm pretty happy with. Might sell both of those 'proper' titles though, we'll see.

What are your must-have PSVR games, Era?

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I'll be one of you all soon! Finally pulled the trigger on a bundle consisting of PlayStation VR + PS4 V2 Camera + VR Worlds + Gran Turismo Sport & Skyrim VR for a total of AUD$383.20 which I'm pretty happy with. Might sell both of those 'proper' titles though, we'll see.

There's a few recommendations on this page since someone asked a similar question already. Check 'em out!

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
First, the moves definitely worth it and add a lot to the games that are compatible with it(same goes for the aim controller). Second, there are so many good games to get. The best suggestions is to install/download the two demo discs and try a variety of different games. The demos give you a good range of types of games to experience and I found that games I wasn't really interested in really surprised me with how fun they were.

I completely forgot about the demo disc! That should go a long way into helping me find games that I like then.

A title that I see going under the radar a lot is Tumble VR. You get a lot of gameplay for a small price. It might seem simplistic on the surface (stacking blocks) but it's actually really well made and challenging. Driveclub VR also offers quite a bit of content for a cheap price now. The graphics are a tad blurry these days but it's still fine and plays great although it might be a bit intense for first time VR players.

Speaking of which, if you're new to VR, be sure to start out playing some games without locomotion to give yourself some time to get used to it. It took a couple of weeks before I got my VR legs for games that had locomotion. Don't get discouraged if it happens to you. I know for a fact that if you take it easy, you can overcome it like I did and you'll be glad once you do because then you can play games like Windlands which is a very intense VR game.

As for Move controllers, you're going to want them. Having hand presence is kind of a big deal once you've tried it. If you're strapped for cash, check your local games reseller or pawn shop and see if they have a cheap pair for sale. You could save some money versus buying new ones.

Move is essential IMO. Hand presence is a big part of what makes VR so good.

My recommendations:
DIRT Rally (best PSVR game so far IMO)
Farpoint (game is mediocre but the VR experience and Aim Controller gameplay is top notch, unlike anything you've played yet)
Raw Data (so far the best game to screw around with dual guns, swords and bows. Doom VFR may or may not take away a big chunk of this game's appeal if the gunplay is good though)
Gran Turismo Sport (the only track racing simulator on PSVR despite its limitations)

I definitely won't be trying anything too intense to start with, since I can get motion sickness. I'll most likely try some of the VR Worlds minigames to start with like the shark cage one. I may get the Move controllers shortly after I get the headset, as I want to play Job Simulator and Until Dawn looks more fun with them.

What would you guys say is better, GT Sport's VR mode or Driveclub VR? I've heard that GT Sport is very limited whereas Driveclub is a full experience.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
What would you guys say is better, GT Sport's VR mode or Driveclub VR? I've heard that GT Sport is very limited whereas Driveclub is a full experience.
Gran Turismo Sport is extremely limited but is much better in terms of how the car actually drives.
Driveclub VR is a full game but it's really mediocre and the handling really isn't good, even for an arcade racer.
DIRT Rally's simulation is top notch and is a full game with even more content than Driveclub VR, but rally is the focus. There are rallycross circuits, but still, racing on dirt and snow is the core of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Far Point with Aim controller, Resident Evil 7, Superhot VR, Raw Data, Rez Infinite, Dirt Rally VR are probably the must haves.

There are a lot more great games that are worth looking at now though, like Statik, Dick Wilde, Tiny Trax, Fantastic Contraptions, Mortal Blitz, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, DriveClub VR, Playroom VR (free).......

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The actual gameplay of GT:Sport is much better. Though with one caveat that you can handle the game without assists because they make the car do very unnatural things and for me broke immersion immediately but when deactivated it is really good, however, that is just the handling model the races are poor because the AI is shit. There are no time trials available, you can't select the number of laps you want nor can you activate damage, tire wear or adjust your position, it also has a very annoying blackout feature if your head gets too close to the windows or roof which on tracks with banking can happen unexpectedly. The tracks are better realised and the cars feel more realistic, they are both also are the best looking. If I had the option I'd happily play all of GT:Sport in VR and it would be a much better game for it.

Driveclub is the better game in VR but it feels more akin to karting (which is still loads of fun), the races are actually fun but still too easy even on legendary (YMMV) and there are tons of different features you can engage with.

Dirt Rally is the best VR racing game on PSVR at the moment. It's a full-on experience and has the highest skill barrier. The 205 T16 is hands down my favorite car in any game due to the VR mode, its just so much fun.

ZiT

Oct 27, 2017
Here's an interesting method for calibrating the headset. I'm going to try it out.

I've a question regarding the PSVR camera. Based on the video, once you're done calibrating the headset the headset, it looks like you can put camera to anywhere that you want and won't effect the perfect calibration that you've done last time, right? The reason that I ask is because for some reason I have to take the camera elsewhere when I finish playing PSVR games and deploy it again when I want to play PSVR games, I don't know whether I need to recalibrate it again everytime I deploy the camera at new location.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Does anyone have any tips for preventing the lens of the headset fogging up from the heat of your face? I'm looking forward to getting my PSVR out again to play Skyrim, but I'm not looking forward to cleaning the headset every 5 minutes.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for preventing the lens of the headset fogging up from the heat of your face? I'm looking forward to getting my PSVR out again to play Skyrim, but I'm not looking forward to cleaning the headset every 5 minutes.

Let the headset run for a bit so it isn't cold when you put it on. And don't blow upwards into the headset.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you are in the US and can advance your purchase to this month, the Skyrim Black Friday bundle is an amazing deal - new revision headset, camera, move, and Skyrim for $349.99.

If you run into a situation where it fogs up, try just pressing the button and pulling the lens forward and letting the moisture evaporate. I find it you take it off, it cools down again and you run into the same problem, but if I open it for 15-30 seconds, it usually clears up by itself and stops fogging

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I've a question regarding the PSVR camera. Based on the video, once you're done calibrating the headset the headset, it looks like you can put camera to anywhere that you want and won't effect the perfect calibration that you've done last time, right? The reason that I ask is because for some reason I have to take the camera elsewhere when I finish playing PSVR games and deploy it again when I want to play PSVR games, I don't know whether I need to recalibrate it again everytime I deploy the camera at new location.
According to that video, once the headset and camera are in sync, you can move either one about without re-calibrating.

ZiT

Oct 27, 2017
According to that video, once the headset and camera are in sync, you can move either one about without re-calibrating.
So in other word just calibrating it once and done, doesn't matter you switch on/off your ps4/psvr or placing camera at other random location right.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I calibrated when I buyed it and then never did it again. I always change position of my camera because my wife think it's ugly to see, so I have to hid it every time I don't play... so don't worry, You won't need to recalibrate every time.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
So, seeing as it's Black Friday and I also have 121 pounds of reward points for GAME I have been thinking about getting PSVR. Ever since PSVR came out I have been thinking about getting it but I am kinda worried about a few things so I am wandering if anyone could help:

My first question is the most important one for me:

To those who have PSVR and experienced motion sickness did it eventually go away after a while?

To add to the above question is there any known games I should NOT buy that have been known to cause motion sickness (Just until I get used to the device)?

My second question is about the games:

These are the games I am currently looking and I would love to know peoples opinions on them:

Bound (This I am thinking is probably on the avoid list for now, looks motion sickness inducing even though I am not afraid of heights).
SUPERHOT VR
Statik
Farpoint
Skyrim VR (Might be worth it just to plop myself into a city and just run around it for a while, then again I am not so sure).
Superhypercube

Anything else you guys/gals think are worth playing?

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, seeing as it's Black Friday and I also have 121 pounds of reward points for GAME I have been thinking about getting PSVR. Ever since PSVR came out I have been thinking about getting it but I am kinda worried about a few things so I am wandering if anyone could help:

To those who have PSVR and experienced motion sickness did it eventually go away after a while?

To add to the above question is there any known games I should NOT buy that have been known to cause motion sickness (Just until I get used to the device)?

These are the games I am currently looking and I would love to know peoples opinions on them:

Bound (This I am thinking is probably on the avoid list for now, looks motion sickness inducing even though I am not afraid of heights).
SUPERHOT VR
Statik
Farpoint
Skyrim VR (Might be worth it just to plop myself into a city and just run around it for a while, then again I am not so sure).
Superhypercube

Most of this is in the FAQ in the OT. Let me know if you still have questions after. On phone otherwise I'd give you a clearer answer right here.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SUPERHOT VR
Statik
Farpoint
Superhypercube

That's a solid list to start with. The general rule of thumb is to start slow (Superhot, Statik, Superhypercube are great for this) then bring in games that are more locomotion focused (Rush of Blood is great for this - currently on PS+). If you start to feel a bit iffy just stop don't push through it, then come back when you feel good. This seems to acclimatize people if they are susceptible. You might have no problems whatsoever, a lot of us have no issue and more users going by forums appear to adjust rather than not.

There are lots of demos of different kind of games so you can use them as baselines for how you are with certain experiences. Though the demos I have played have all been inferior to the main products.

I'd say go for Skyrim VR it seems to have some of the most robust control options so it gives you a playground to experiment.

Also give the OP a read there is a lot of general information in there that will help.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa

SUPERHOT VR
Statik
Farpoint
Superhypercube

1) For most VR user, the nausea does decrease significantly over time (a.k.a VR legs) but badly designed game can still trigger nausea on even experience player. As for which major game not to start with, in general locomotion game (i.e. you move around instead of staying in place) tend to require more acclimatation. Robinson is one I would avoid to start, I suspect Skyrim will be hard for newcomer, Here they lie is one that I would avoid also, In Playstation Worlds I would avoid Scavenger Odyssey initially too. Farpoint is hit and miss but generally once of the easier one as far as locomotion game goes (with Aim, seems lke the Aim act as a 'grounding' focus).
Don't push it, if you feel nausiated STOP. Come back later.

2) Bound and Rush of blood are free now with PS plus so grab them but i agree I would try other before starting Bound. Farpoint only with Aim and not the first one to try. SUPERHOT is a good one (stand in place). Statik, I Expect you to Die and TUMBLE VR ares a good ones to get to start (no locomotion) all 3 are puzzle one. Superhypercube is repetitive and expensive for what it is (better games to get before that one). Resident Evil & is consider one of the best one but try the demo first (Beginning hour), not to start because it a locomotion game. Batman is a really good one to start if you can find it cheap, no locomotion and production value is great, it short though.
There are plenty of freebie and demos to also train yourself with. Playstation Demo Disk 1 and 2. Playroom VF is amazing. Don't underestimate the freebies and demos. They are very useful to know which game make you sick or not and which style you like best in VR.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Most of this is in the FAQ in the OT. Let me know if you still have questions after. On phone otherwise I'd give you a clearer answer right here.

Thanks, I should of read OP FAQ when it came to games, I feel like a right idiot now!

That's a solid list to start with. The general rule of thumb is to start slow (Superhot, Statik, Superhypercube are great for this) then bring in games that are more locomotion focused (Rush of Blood is great for this - currently on PS+). If you start to feel a bit iffy just stop don't push through it, then come back when you feel good. This seems to acclimatize people if they are susceptible. You might have no problems whatsoever, a lot of us have no issue and more users going by forums appear to adjust rather than not.

There are lots of demos of different kind of games so you can use them as baselines for how you are with certain experiences. Though the demos I have played have all been inferior to the main products.

I'd say go for Skyrim VR it seems to have some of the most robust control options so it gives you a playground to experiment.

Also give the OP a read there is a lot of general information in there that will help.

Thanks for a clear answer, I am going to do as you suggest, I currently have PS+ so I think the order I am going to do is: Statik, Superhot for a while then I am gonna try Rush of Blood (I have been kinda interested in this so thanks for reminding me!). Then finally Skyrim.

I feel a lot more confident about getting over the motion sickness if I experience it now. You have been a great help!

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
1) For most VR user, the nausea does decrease significantly over time (a.k.a VR legs) but badly designed game can still trigger nausea on even experience player. As for which major game not to start with, in general locomotion game (i.e. you move around instead of staying in place) tend to require more acclimatation. Robinson is one I would avoid to start, I suspect Skyrim will be hard for newcomer, Here they lie is one that I would avoid also, In Playstation Worlds I would avoid Scavenger Odyssey initially too. Farpoint is hit and miss but generally once of the easier one as far as locomotion game goes (with Aim, seems lke the Aim act as a 'grounding' focus).
Don't push it, if you feel nausiated STOP. Come back later.

2) Bound and Rush of blood are free now with PS plus so grab them but i agree I would try other before starting Bound. Farpoint only with Aim and not the first one to try. SUPERHOT is a good one (stand in place). Statik, I Expect you to Die and TUMBLE VR ares a good ones to get to start (no locomotion) all 3 are puzzle one. Superhypercube is repetitive and expensive for what it is (better games to get before that one). Resident Evil & is consider one of the best one but try the demo first (Beginning hour), not to start because it a locomotion game. Batman is a really good one to start if you can find it cheap, no locomotion and production value is great, it short though.
There are plenty of freebie and demos to also train yourself with. Playstation Demo Disk 1 and 2. Playroom VF is amazing. Don't underestimate the freebies and demos. They are very useful to know which game make you sick or not and which style you like best in VR.

Thank you I have noted the games you said to avoid on Notepad.

Is playroom that one with the little robot things? I can't really remember but I do remember seeing this trailer and it involved these little robot things, I might be thinking of something else.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a lot more confident about getting over the motion sickness if I experience it now. You have been a great help!

You wouldn't believe how upset I was after the first day of my owning a PSVR because I got motion sickness and thought, "oh crap... I'm one of those people who can't play VR."

Well, it turned out that my initial sickness was due to a couple of factors. One, I was trying games that were too intense to begin with. Two, I didn't take breaks (don't play for 4 hours out of the gate!). Three, I didn't have my tracking camera situated well so it caused the world to drift. And four, I would play several VR games in the same sitting, one after the other.

So, I sat closer to my camera. I played some stationary experiences. After a few days, something happened. Suddenly, I had no more sickness. I started playing games with free movement and it wasn't affecting me! "VR legs" is a real thing. Now, I can play super intense games like Windlands with full freedom of movement and blinders off and have no issues. Don't get discouraged.

One setting I still keep on is snap turning however. Smooth turning is something that I find still can affect me a bit. Also, avoid games that perform barrel rolls (Scavenger's Oddessy and Bound).

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
You wouldn't believe how upset I was after the first day of my owning a PSVR because I got motion sickness and thought, "oh crap... I'm one of those people who can't play VR."

Well, it turned out that my initial sickness was due to a couple of factors. One, I was trying games that were too intense to begin with. Two, I didn't take breaks (don't play for 4 hours out of the gate!). Three, I didn't have my tracking camera situated well so it caused the world to drift. And four, I would play several VR games in the same sitting, one after the other.

So, I sat closer to my camera. I played some stationary experiences. After a few days, something happened. Suddenly, I had no more sickness. I started playing games with free movement and it wasn't affecting me! "VR legs" is a real thing. Now, I can play super intense games like Windlands with full freedom of movement and blinders off and have no issues. Don't get discouraged.

One setting I still keep on is snap turning however. Smooth turning is something that I find still can affect me a bit. Also, avoid games that perform barrel rolls (Scavenger's Oddessy and Bound).

Thanks for this, I am glad that "VR Legs" is a thing that you can get over. I will make a note about Snap and Smooth turning, I have never heard of that before I am going to guess that Snap moves you in set intervals and Smooth is like moving the camera with a controller. If so I think I will take your advice and use Snap Turning.