PlayStation VR |OT| Virtually A New Era

Oct 25, 2017
i played re7 for the 3rd time , and this time it was amazing
i played standing , and used my body movement to look around instead of using right analog , i felt better and didnt get any stomachache for 1hr , it came later but it was simple and not hard like before

im amazed that most of the times i get camera msg of being out of bound , to find out myself moved away from the coverage area without awareness

the bad thing that all this happened at my friend's , while at my home i dont have that space at all and all my set up is on the ground ... so idk if it's gonna work out or not , and i was planning to play all my games sitting down even if i miss some of the experience , but now i believe that it's meant to be played standing except for the games that mostly are driving....
Make Lost Odyssee 2 cowherds!

Oct 25, 2017
Well in the next gen thread a possibly credible source has said that we will be looking at USB 3.2/3.1 ports for PS5, the 3.2 port capable of video and data comms over the same cable. Whether or not it can carry enough power for the screen is another thing (mabe USB3 can - I have no idea) but it could mean one thin cable instead of two thick - if they choose to still go with wired which I think they will as wireless is likely too expensive (unless they have an optional PSVR2 Pro or add-on wireless unit).
more importantly (IMO) it can mean no breakout box, no HDMI daisy chaining, no additional power cable etc - I think thats what he means by fewer wires. The V2 is already effectively one wire, just breaking out into two plugs at the end.

A single USB C connector at the front of PS5 for your PSVR 2 headset would be great. No installation needed - HDMI to your TV as normal. Add in 'inside out' tracking like WMR and Oculus quest and you don't even need a separate camera plugged in.

Nov 25, 2017
...i was planning to play all my games sitting down even if i miss some of the experience , but now i believe that it's meant to be played standing except for the games that mostly are driving....
Well, it's not that games - including RE7 - were meant to be played standing, instead it's that you have problems playing them seated. I've never had a problem playing RE7 while seated; I've never even played it standing at all. Similarly, I don't think Skyrim was meant to be played either seated or standing, since it wasn't designed to be played in VR at all, but I couldn't have put in the 180 hours that I've already put into Skyrim if I'd done it while standing.

In general, it's probably a good bet that if a VR game doesn't use the Move controllers, it probably was intended to be played sitting, since there's no particular reason to be standing. And even the converse isn't a guarantee - Rush Of Blood is objectively better with Move controllers, but it's clearly intended to be played seated, just as your character is doing in the game.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's not that games - including RE7 - were meant to be played standing, instead it's that you have problems playing them seated. I've never had a problem playing RE7 while seated; I've never even played it standing at all. Similarly, I don't think Skyrim was meant to be played either seated or standing, since it wasn't designed to be played in VR at all, but I couldn't have put in the 180 hours that I've already put into Skyrim if I'd done it while standing. In general, if a VR game doesn't use the Move controllers, it probably was intended to be played sitting.
I think I prefer to play most standing games, standing. I feel that most VR games where your character is standing are more immersive when standing. I only really sit for seated games or if I'm really tired. Each to their own tho so I won't argue it... That's an old (PSVR Reddit) debate.

Oct 25, 2017
i prefer most games seated as it's obviously more comfortable, and then VR enhances the games while still being like playing regularly and not feel like i'm doing sports :D but yeah, if a game uses Moves' it's probably better standing or on a small stool as you might need to grab things from your belt or from the floor. Couch or a bigger chair blocks that.

RE7 was great from a beanbag :D

Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I pretty much play all games standing, I feel they're all twice as fun / immersive. It's not even just the ability to turn around, but to crouch, duck, etc. Sure, some games are a workout (you can replace your calf gym routine with a few games of Rec Room's Rise of Jumbotron), but that's a feature, not a bug. :)

The only games I play seated are those that are pretty explicit about that being the intended way to play them, like Wipeout or RIGS.

Oct 25, 2017
Space Junkies - Full Metal Piano - Release Date Trailer | PS VR

As joeblow mentioned it's coming March 26. Interesting trailer - nice to see something a bit different.
It's weird. They have the VR guy miming playing the piano in the middle - but that's after seeing them mucking around heaps before hand.
Feel like it would be a lot better if it was setup first with the player gearing up - then the in game character starting to play coinciding with the music starting - then seeing all the other mucking around stuff.

VR games are more defined by how the player movements relate to gameplay mechanics than traditional gaming and there's far more options in how they can be implemented - so it's important to show how the game plays. The short cuts really limit the overall impression of the game you can get from this trailer.

Then again... we live in a world where every game is livestreamed start to finish - so there's always options to figure out what a game is gonna be like before buying it.

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Beat Saber had something like Zone mode from Wipeout but with progressive tracks that build and build or mixes that are an hour+ long.