• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hm. Maybe will have to try that. I had one thrown around with the grav gun and they STILL SHOT ME even when flailing around. Their accuracy is very aim botty.

Also so hows Honor & Duty? I played the beta and was... less than impressed.

Lol yeah all the enemies can still F you up in the grav hold, got destroyed by holding up a wheeper and started taunting....big mistake! Gotta immediately smash em.

Hmmm. Honestly, If you didn't care for the Beta then you probably won't like the full game either. It's pretty much the same just more levels n one more mode. I really like it though. Probably save your money for Wizards instead.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Lol yeah all the enemies can still F you up in the grav hold, got destroyed by holding up a wheeper and started taunting....big mistake! Gotta immediately smash em.

Hmmm. Honestly, If you didn't care for the Beta then you probably won't like the full game either. It's pretty much the same just more levels n one more mode. I really like it though. Probably save your money for Wizards instead.

I almost beat Persistance. I'm on the last section. I almost beat it but ran off a ledge in the final room trying to teleport and died.

I guess I will keep Firewall as my go-to VR MP games. Just got to 25. Wish leveling wasn't so slow.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, biggest waste of time I have seen. Not good VR, not interesting in any way and not valuable for learning about the past, present or future of the series. Seems there was something advertised as "Coming Soon" or similar in it though. Does anyone know what that is?
A similar scene to these two, except set overlooking Twilight Town.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
A similar scene to these two, except set overlooking Twilight Town.

So it looks like it's basically recreating certain dialog scenes from the game, but putting you in them.

My wife, however, is a HUGE Axel fan, so if the next one allows her to be in the same space as Axel, I think she's just going to keep the PSVR headset on all day.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
I played Carnival Games VR for the first time the other night (picked it up in the recent sales). The visuals are pretty basic but the controls are quite good. I enjoy physical games of skill like these so I enjoyed them more than I thought I would. I can't count how many times I tried some of them to get a score high enough to win 3 stars / more tickets :). Will pick up the DLC when it's on sale next.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I almost beat Persistance. I'm on the last section. I almost beat it but ran off a ledge in the final room trying to teleport and died.

I guess I will keep Firewall as my go-to VR MP games. Just got to 25. Wish leveling wasn't so slow.

For that last part I just ran like hell and killed what came near, shielded against fireballs (if u can) used the temporary invisible and invincible to make it easy. Only takes a few tries you'll get it.

Firewall is Preta levels of grinding. It's super slow, but if you have a good squad and host, and win win win, you can greatly speed up the process. Honestly don't have to get to 50 though, just like 42 I think to get all the good stuff, maybe not even.

If you've beaten RE7 and Persistence, next may need to look into home sweet home, especially if ur a fan of Asian Horror. I am and I loved it.

Speaking of horror, Joystick I forgot to mention Immortal Legacy, formerly known as Kill X, it's one of my most anticipated. Can't promise it will be good, but so so excited.

I'll be honest the novelty wore off quickly with Carnival Games for me, but there is Summer funland that's supposed to come out this week (hopefully, was supposed to last week) that has really good reviews on the PC side. Looking forward to that as well.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
For that last part I just ran like hell and killed what came near, shielded against fireballs (if u can) used the temporary invisible and invincible to make it easy. Only takes a few tries you'll get it.

Firewall is Preta levels of grinding. It's super slow, but if you have a good squad and host, and win win win, you can greatly speed up the process. Honestly don't have to get to 50 though, just like 42 I think to get all the good stuff, maybe not even.

If you've beaten RE7 and Persistence, next may need to look into home sweet home, especially if ur a fan of Asian Horror. I am and I loved it.

Speaking of horror, Joystick I forgot to mention Immortal Legacy, formerly known as Kill X, it's one of my most anticipated. Can't promise it will be good, but so so excited.

I'll be honest the novelty wore off quickly with Carnival Games for me, but there is Summer funland that's supposed to come out this week (hopefully, was supposed to last week) that has really good reviews on the PC side. Looking forward to that as well.

In terms of grinding I'm pretty much set to go. Though yeah, Invisible is OP in the final section. 20 seconds to just go all out. Though considering the shops in the final section can be random, I wonder if it's best to keep rolling until you get a good one.

In regards to Home Sweet Home, I'm waiting for a sale on that one since IIRC it's quite short for a $30 title.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017

That looks interesting, thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks again. I hadn't heard of summer funland - looks like it has some rides as well as a few different games. It's not out in Europe this week, only Bugs Box VR (not much in general on the whole PS store this week which is strange). I'll keep an eye out. There's Pierhead Arcade as well with different games like you'd find at the arcade (duh) but I haven't got it yet.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
In terms of grinding I'm pretty much set to go. Though yeah, Invisible is OP in the final section. 20 seconds to just go all out. Though considering the shops in the final section can be random, I wonder if it's best to keep rolling until you get a good one.

In regards to Home Sweet Home, I'm waiting for a sale on that one since IIRC it's quite short for a $30 title.

I tried a few times, but got through with the good roll so yeah ur pretty much right about that. Fun to experiment though

Technically $30 for a 5ish hour game is kinda high, so yeah right again you are. Forgot it was that much. Even $20 would be pretty reasonable. But price aside it's great.

That looks interesting, thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks again. I hadn't heard of summer funland - looks like it has some rides as well as a few different games. It's not out in Europe this week, only Bugs Box VR (not much in general on the whole PS store this week which is strange). I'll keep an eye out. There's Pierhead Arcade as well with different games like you'd find at the arcade (duh) but I haven't got it yet.

Yeah need a new horror game it's about time, although I still have Transference. Was supposed to play on Halloween and cleared paranormal activity instead. Was ok. Better than don't knock twice, buggy as hell.

I wanna try that Batman thing. Bugs Box VR lol think I'm the only one who bought it. I really wanted Bomberman VR until I played that. If it had nice visuals it would be cool but so basic seemed pointless for VR.
Pierhead has a few great minigames, but also gets kinda boring after a while. No multiplayer probably killed it. Still have the global for comet crash because nobody really cares lol.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
New EU PSN sale is up with a lot of VR titles, my crosspost from EU sale thread:

The Invisible Hours 12,99 €
Accounting + 5,99€
Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin €3.99
Pixel Ripped 1989 14,99€ (12,99€ with PS+)
Electronauts 4,99€ (must buy for that price)
Rush VR 11,99€
Ultrawings 9,99€
Statik 9,99€ (4,99€ with PS+)

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
New EU PSN sale is up with a lot of VR titles, my crosspost from EU sale thread:

The Invisible Hours 12,99 €
Accounting + 5,99€
Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin €3.99
Pixel Ripped 1989 14,99€ (12,99€ with PS+)
Electronauts 4,99€ (must buy for that price)
Rush VR 11,99€
Ultrawings 9,99€
Statik 9,99€ (4,99€ with PS+)

grabbed pixel ripped, more reasonable price as i'm not expecting anything beyond a fun experience for an hour or two :D
wish Borderlands 2 was half off too though, can't pay 50 for a port.

and everyone should buy Statik, Ultrawings and Accounting+!

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Well, looks like it's time for me to buy Borderlands 2 VR. Or at least wait until Tuesday to see if there's a sale.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Is Borderlands VR still extremely easy? I like a real challenge and need to think I will die if I don't play very well. Have they patched that issue yet?

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Well, looks like it's time for me to buy Borderlands 2 VR. Or at least wait until Tuesday to see if there's a sale.

I checked out the notifications before shutting down my PS4 last night and oh boy the excitement when I saw the BL2 VR update and then looked at the patch notes! I had to drop the game earlier because it was so clunky with moves and unimmersive with a controller. But this changes everything...got my Aim ready and fully charged!

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, suddenly very interested in Bordelands 2 also. Waiting for impressions, but it's indeed a game changer that AIM is now supported.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I really wish Borderlands 2 had a physical release, though. Given the recent shenanigans with Randy Pitchford, I'd very much prefer to buy it used so that Gearbox sees no money from me. :(

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up Rush VR in the sale, and I really like it! Flying in VR is always fun, and this has a decent sense of speed. Also, it just feels right controlling it with the moves.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah, Rush VR's really fun. I'd love it if they made a sequel that went the SSX Tricky route, with crazy environments and a trick system.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to wait for BL2 to go on sale... The other half of me just really wants try it out with the AIM.

I need more AIM game!

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Statik on the sale.

Gotta say, I really enjoy Deracine. Itts my type of game, but some people wont like it at all.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got one of these, have a weird question.

I got it cheap, second hand.

There's noticeable scratches on the lenses but when I put it on the image is perfect. I can't see any marks or anything else that the scratches might cause when actually using the thing.

Whats with that? Am I just not sensitive to visual discrepancies or are the scratches a non issue?

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

There's noticeable scratches on the lenses but when I put it on the image is perfect. I can't see any marks or anything else that the scratches might cause when actually using the thing.

Whats with that? Am I just not sensitive to visual discrepancies or are the scratches a non issue?

I'd say the scratches are a non issue, just don't check the lenses with a flashlight or you'll probably be shocked how they look ;)

As long as the image is clean while wearing your helmet there's nothing to worry about.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

It's like the fingerprints all over your phone; when the screen is on you don't notice them.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I'd say The Invisible Hours is one of the best story-driven VR games I've played. You're essentially a ghost with time-traveling powers observing the goings-on at a mansion where a murder was committed. You can't really interact, but you can watch what transpires with one group of characters, then notice someone sneaking around and rewind time and follow them to see what they get into. Oh, and the cast includes Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, and Sarah Bernhardt. Definitely one of PSVR's hidden gems.

Batman: Arkham VR is definitely a good story-driven game with some Dark Knight Detective gameplay. Kona VR is something I've started but haven't gotten too far in; the visuals are pretty rough - it's a non-VR game that was retrofitted for VR - but its tentpole is the mystery you're investigating. Robinson: The Journey is almost entirely exploration- and story-based. It was one of the best-looking near-launch games; I wish they'd pitched the writing a little less toward 11-year-olds, but...hey, it's got dinosaurs in VR! That kind of obviates most complaints.

I supposed you could also view Resident Evil 7 and Skyrim as having a strong reliance on story (stories, in the case of Skyrim), but the ones I listed above are definitely primarily story-driven. That I've played - I own copies of both The Inpatient and Transference, but haven't gotten around to playing either because my PSVR backlog is starting to rival my flat-screen backlog. Too many games.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of good suggestions above.

If you liked the atmosphere of the souls games, Déraciné is really good. You need moves, and you are restricted to teleportation, which initially might be a bit annoying, but you get used to it quickly. It's not super long, but I kind of appreciate its brevity.

Moss isn't necessarily heavy on story, but it does at least have one, and it's a fun game as well.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I would not really recommend The Inpatient, sadly, as a story driven game. I adore both Until Dawn and Rush of Blood but The Inpatient is downright poorly designed. The game essentially has two different story paths but it is never really hinted how you can reach either so if you want to see both endings then you need to replay the game with a walkthrough since you won't be able to figure it out without one. The problem is that replaying the game is incredibly slow and tedious since so little changes between the playthroughs and there is a wealth of forced waiting and walking super slowly forwards while listening to someone talk. If you want to uncover the full story then you also need to use a guide to find 20-ish sometimes very well hidden collectibles. It's also very rarely scary if you're a fan of horror and the story is nothing special although there is one cool tie-in with Until Dawn. I really wanted to like The Inpatient but I didn't.

Déraciné was awesome though as long as you don't expect the game to be what it isn't trying to be. It's not a complicated puzzle game or a game about doing fun "mini-games" in Virtual Reality. It's a very story-driven narrative adventure where a tale unfolds little by little as you explore a house during different months of a year and help its inhabitants with minor tasks. I really enjoyed learning more about the world of the game and putting together the pieces of its story into something pretty interesting.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just joined the VR world. Started out with KH experience..Really cool.

Moved onto Astrobot which is fantastic. Really good platformer.

Want to get beat sabre but move controllers are like rocking horse shit in the UK

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Anyone know if Borderlands 2 VR has Pro support? I was originally planning on waiting for the PC version but with Aim controller support being patched in I'm a lot more tempted to jump in on the PSVR version.
I looked at the Pro thread but didn't see it mentioned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/all-games-with-ps4-pro-enhancements.3101/

It has a "PS4 Pro Enhanced" tag.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/borderlands-2-vr-ps4/

And a german review mentioned that the image quality is better.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm hearing good things about The Wizards.

It's like $22 (23?) right now but apparently the game is only 2 hours?

I'm more hesitant to actually get it now.

I wasn't expecting a 10+ hour game, but 2 hours is really short.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm hearing good things about The Wizards.

It's like $22 (23?) right now but apparently the game is only 2 hours?

I'm more hesitant to actually get it now.

I wasn't expecting a 10+ hour game, but 2 hours is really short.

Oooff, was thinking about picking up a PSN card on the way home and picking this up. Don't need a super long game, but two hours is pretty short.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Oooff, was thinking about picking up a PSN card on the way home and picking this up. Don't need a super long game, but two hours is pretty short.

The only thing that can give it more replayability is this:

"A challenging Arena Mode to test yourself in infinite battles"

Which is cool but obviously your milage will vary if just repeating an Arena mode over and over again is worth it.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats PSVR Era, you're the community spotlight of the week!
Hopefully everyone in here has managed to play RE7 in VR to the end.
Too busy playing Beat Saber... even when I'm not playing Beat Saber. That game really highlights the Tetris effect way more than even Tetris Effect itself does.

Speaking of which, the song pack DLC track list has been released.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Congrats PSVR Era, you're the community spotlight of the week!
Hopefully everyone in here has managed to play RE7 in VR to the end.

Confession time: I only played the intro in VR yet. But only because I didn't buy the game until recently and only get to play if my girlfriend is over.

also I'm a big chicken.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I jut bought PS VR this Christmas and had played RE7 on flat screen before so my plan is to save the VR version for when I have a smaller number of important VR games left to play. Both so I can forget a bit about the story and scares but also to get to experience what many seem to consider the best VR experience when I have the best possible "VR legs". It's common to read people who start out their VR journey with RE7 and then complain they got sick after 10 minutes.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 in VR is still my fave gaming experience this generation, I shareplayed it so my friend could watch me play it aswell. Fantastic how it was implemented, And proves how horror in VR is unreal immersion.