• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It's not made clear, but if you go back to the practice range you can practice on two levels of driving, a putting mode, and an "approach mode" where you hit to get onto the green and then putt, all with about seven different clubs to try out. There's actually hours of gameplay you can get out of the Everybody's Golf demo.

But, yes, you've got no shortage of other games to try out; you can buy a PSVR and spend a month or two just playing demos without ever buying a game.
I agree, there are 3 demo discs available, rec room, playroom, etc. And you likely have at least a game or two with built in support already. That plus whatever comes in your bundle (if not getting used) is already lots of hours of seeing what vr can do!

johnny_park

Jan 16, 2018
I can't seem to get my headphones to work anymore. They worked when I played astrobot when it first came out. I tried it on blood and truth and everybody's golf but nothing. It's the headphones that came with my galaxy s9

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Try the headphones on something else, and try different headphones on the PSVR - you need to find out if the problem is the headphones or the PSVR.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
astrobot and tetris effect are $20 each
PlayStation VR Worlds and Farpoint are $10 each on best buy. I assume they are part of the days of play sale so they will likely be matched on other stores soon.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
anyone played the updated Accounting+? i read there's two added areas, a Waterpark level and some Space level..? how do you access them and are they worth checking out?

MechaOctobot

Oct 27, 2017
anyone played the updated Accounting+? i read there's two added areas, a Waterpark level and some Space level..? how do you access them and are they worth checking out?

If you enjoy the game then yes. im not 100% certain how to get to either but can describe what I remember

the water park level I thought was in before, you are in a room with a bunch of conspiracy stuff and a water slide running through near the ceiling. The difference (or it was always this way not sure) is that if you start looking around or interacting with items on the table someone enters the room. The space level may require you to be on a second run through, as the entrance is located in the first accounting room, the door to your right when you are at the desk. If it's unlocked it leads to an elevator and beyond. Hope that helps!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So is there some trick in enabling Playroom VR?

I transferred my data over to a new PS4 pro, and in the process I deleted some things like the VR demo disks. Are those necessary for Playroom VR to show up? Right now Playroom VR doesn't show up, but when I go to my library it shows that it's downloaded (but it's in the area with all of the non downloaded titles). I try to start it up (the start button is there) and it says application can't be found, go to the PS store. I go to the PS store and it still doesn't work. I tried redoing the games database as well. I don't see a way to delete the data either.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
So is there some trick in enabling Playroom VR?

I transferred my data over to a new PS4 pro, and in the process I deleted some things like the VR demo disks. Are those necessary for Playroom VR to show up? Right now Playroom VR doesn't show up, but when I go to my library it shows that it's downloaded (but it's in the area with all of the non downloaded titles). I try to start it up (the start button is there) and it says application can't be found, go to the PS store. I go to the PS store and it still doesn't work. I tried redoing the games database as well. I don't see a way to delete the data either.
No trick, something is definitely broken. It's not built-in like the non-VR Playroom, it should install and play like any other game.

Oct 31, 2017
Can anybody tell me whether tetris effect is worth getting??
What sale games are worth getting??

Plus does anybody remember the japanese studio Vr orchestra which played the OST of gravity etc?? Can someone tell me how i get it??

Loving PSVR since 2017!

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017

It's pretty melow at times and hectic at others (in some ways it is almost like a rhythm game). Visuals and music are great but it's hard to enjoy the visuals when you're focused on spinning tetrominoes! If you enjoy tetris I'd say go for it. Looks better on PS4 Pro (PS4 std is a bit pixelated).

What sale games are worth getting??

Fantastic: Skyrim VR, Astro Bot
Great: Farpoint, Ace Combat 7, Rex Infinite, The Persistence
Very Good: VR Worlds (assuming you don't have it already!), Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Plus does anybody remember the japanese studio Vr orchestra which played the OST of gravity etc?? Can someone tell me how i get it??

It's not very good (video quality is ok for VR but that's not saying much). The free Joshua Bell or Tom Grennan experiences are better in my opinion.

Loving PSVR since 2017!

Aye! Keep on keeping on.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

It's an absolutely stunning version of one of the best games ever made. And as a counterpoint to a commonly voiced opinion, I think it's infinitely better in VR. Sure, the IQ take a substantial hit, but the immersion is off the charts. I'm unable to mention any other game that makes time flow as quickly as Tetris Effect in VR. Two hours are gone in an instant. It's trance inducing.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
No trick, something is definitely broken. It's not built-in like the non-VR Playroom, it should install and play like any other game.

Thanks. I had to disconnect external storage, download it, then reconnect it. It detected that it was installed in both places and after an eternity it finally deleted it from external. I have no idea what I would have done if the internal storage version gets corrupted, though, they just don't give you enough control over the file system when things go wonkly like this.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna set up a PSVR tonight, and I'm just a bit worried (probably over nothing) that I won't have enough space to set it up correctly, mainly in terms of camera placement.

I can't move any furniture around, and I sit around 6 feet from my TV, maybe a bit closer 7 if I sit right back, but it's mounted on a stand. The top of the TV would be around 5'8" from the floor, if I had to guess, and when sat down, my eye level is center screen. Would that be too high? The website recommends the camera being between 6-12" from eye level, but it'll be slightly higher than that for me.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm gonna set up a PSVR tonight, and I'm just a bit worried (probably over nothing) that I won't have enough space to set it up correctly, mainly in terms of camera placement.

I can't move any furniture around, and I sit around 6 feet from my TV, maybe a bit closer 7 if I sit right back, but it's mounted on a stand. The top of the TV would be around 5'8" from the floor, if I had to guess, and when sat down, my eye level is center screen. Would that be too high? The website recommends the camera being between 6-12" from eye level, but it'll be slightly higher than that for me.

I actually have the best results when my camera is up high, looking down. I currently have it on one of the top shelves of the living room cabinet, which is around 2m high, and it works the best it's ever have.

I would also recommend you play standing up if you can for pretty much every game except for cockpit games like Wipeout or RIGS; it makes most games much more enjoyable and immersive. You don't need space to walk around, just to be able to turn and look around and move your arms.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I actually have the best results when my camera is up high, looking down. I currently have it on one of the top shelves of the living room cabinet, which is around 2m high, and it works the best it's ever have.

I would also recommend you play standing up if you can for pretty much every game except for cockpit games like Wipeout or RIGS; it makes most games much more enjoyable and immersive. You don't need space to walk around, just to be able to turn and look around and move your arms.

Ah, that's a relief. Come to think of it, I never had any problems with the old PS Eye and Move on the PS3 when I had it mounted there.

I'll be sticking with DS4 games for the time being, as I only have one move controller from the PS3, but I'll see if I'll have room to stand and play, although I'm guessing probably not. Defintely looking forward to trying Wipeout, that's for sure. I also think I grabbed RIGS on PS Plus: I'll have to check what other VR games I have on there.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
...I would also recommend you play standing up if you can for pretty much every game except for cockpit games like Wipeout or RIGS; it makes most games much more enjoyable and immersive. You don't need space to walk around, just to be able to turn and look around and move your arms.
On the other hand, I recommend playing sitting for games unless they explicitly are meant to be played standing, usually because you need full range of movement with the Moves (Sprint Vector, Batman, Super Hot, etc.). After the first weeks of using VR I found the novelty of playing standing up wore off, and limited how long I could play (I usually can't start gaming until after 9 at night, and standing around continually from then until I go to bed is a drag). Even a game like Skyrim, where your character model is standing, I quickly found to be more enjoyable played sitting (and I also found controlling it much less fiddly with the Dualshock); there's no way I could have put in the 130 hours I have so far in that game if I'd done it standing. It helps that I have a swivel chair with no arms on it, though, which gives me plenty of freedom of motion when I'm using the Moves.

Everyone's going to have different preferences; experiment and find out what's best for you.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Ah, that's a relief. Come to think of it, I never had any problems with the old PS Eye and Move on the PS3 when I had it mounted there.

I'll be sticking with DS4 games for the time being, as I only have one move controller from the PS3, but I'll see if I'll have room to stand and play, although I'm guessing probably not. Defintely looking forward to trying Wipeout, that's for sure. I also think I grabbed RIGS on PS Plus: I'll have to check what other VR games I have on there.

You should also have Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, which is fantastic. Also be sure to download the free stuff, especially The Playroom VR and Rec Room.

On the other hand, I recommend playing sitting for games unless they explicitly are meant to be played standing, usually because you need full range of movement with the Moves (Sprint Vector, Batman, Super Hot, etc.). After the first weeks of using VR I found the novelty of playing standing up wore off, and limited how long I could play (I usually can't start gaming until after 9 at night, and standing around continually from then until I go to bed is a drag). Even a game like Skyrim, where your character model is standing, I quickly found to be more enjoyable played sitting (and I also found controlling it much less fiddly with the Dualshock); there's no way I could have put in the 130 hours I have so far in that game if I'd done it standing. It helps that I have a swivel chair with no arms on it, though, which gives me plenty of freedom of motion when I'm using the Moves.

Everyone's going to have different preferences; experiment and find out what's best for you.

If you set up your camera properly, standing up gives you much more range with the moves. The way I have my camera set up right now, it sees the moves whether I'm stretching my arms straight up, or crouching down and touching the ground with them. Also, I can't imagine dodging bullets in Super Hot or Space Pirate Trainer sitting down, frankly. It's certainly down to preference but standing up gives you a kind of range and immersion that sitting down, even on swivel chairs, simply can't.

And sure, everyone should experiment to see what they like most, but you don't really need to tell people "try sitting down" because that's what they're going to do both by default and once they get tired of standing up, anyway. :) Whereas a lot of people, including myself at first, start playing sitting down and don't even think of trying standing up for most games.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Well, everything was fine with setup, and it's so goddamn fun.
I tried RE7 first (just the VR tutorial), and that was impressive as hell, but the movement felt a bit uncomfortable. I think it mentioned settings for that, so I'll need to look into it.
Then I went through VR Worlds. The luge minigame was fun, and that was fine for me comfort wise. The diving thing seemed a bit dull, but I only gave it like a minute. Mech game was good, and aiming with your head feels great. Headbutt pong is simple but fun. London Heist is the best one, and felt like s true VR showcase, which is making me look forward to Blood and Truth, which I got as well.
Wipeout is nowhere near the vomit fest I was expecting, and I found it quite relaxing, and easier to play than normal. I'm baffled why flinging a hover car around tracks is more comfortable than walking in a straight line on RE7 though.

Finally, I watched a VR video of some penguins on YouTube and they were the best.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The diving thing seemed a bit dull, but I only gave it like a minute.

A minute in you've not even started to descend. :D Give it a bit more time, the last part is quite impressive.

I'm baffled why flinging a hover car around tracks is more comfortable than walking in a straight line on RE7 though.

It's because in the first case the cockpit serves as your frame of reference, so you don't feel so much the "my eyes tell me I'm moving but my inner ear says otherwise" thing that's the main issue with VR.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the family 😉

Haha, thanks. I'm seriously impressed by this though.

A minute in you've not even started to descend. :D Give it a bit more time, the last part is quite impressive.

It's because in the first case the cockpit serves as your frame of reference, so you don't feel so much the "my eyes tell me I'm moving but my inner ear says otherwise" thing that's the main issue with VR.

Yeah, I'll definitely give it another shot, and yeah, the cockpit thing makes sense. Wipeout is so damn immersive in VR though: I've always enjoyed the series, but I think this is enough to properly get me in to it big time.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'll definitely give it another shot, and yeah, the cockpit thing makes sense. Wipeout is so damn immersive in VR though: I've always enjoyed the series, but I think this is enough to properly get me in to it big time.

Did you try out all the comfort settings? I found that the most realistic camera is too much when locked to the pilot's head, especially doing barrelrolls :D but locking the camera to the track worked great.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Did you try out all the comfort settings? I found that the most realistic camera is too much when locked to the pilot's head, especially doing barrelrolls :D but locking the camera to the track worked great.

I just stuck with the default settings, which I found comfortable enough. I'll have a play around with different ones tonight though.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Quoted for emphasis. I've never felt any nausea without them, and removing them makes the game even more immersive.

Thirded. The default blinders are a bit too extreme.

Probably don't try "lock camera to pilot" until you got some serious VR legs, though, unless you've eaten something poisonous and need a quick stomach purge. :D

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I must've disabled blinders yesterday without realising what the setting was lol. I was thinking that I'm sure I could see straight out to my left and right/the cockpit was clear. I tried pilot tracking, and that's rough. It definitely got me leaning though XD.
DOOM VFR is a bit too intense for me right now, but it seems fun, and Skyrim feels massive.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I must've disabled blinders yesterday without realising what the setting was lol. I was thinking that I'm sure I could see straight out to my left and right/the cockpit was clear. I tried pilot tracking, and that's rough. It definitely got me leaning though XD.
DOOM VFR is a bit too intense for me right now, but it seems fun, and Skyrim feels massive.

Yeah the pilot tracking is full on "realistic" but hard as hell :D i recommend locked to track so you still get the track leaning but not when doing barrel rolls etc.

Skyrim is amazing, already spent 30+ hours there. Cannot wait for No Man's Sky VR.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
How's Driveclub VR in term of fluidity? Is it like Wipeout VR ?

It's worth a try for sure. Visuals take a big hit. However one of my most memorable VR games was a multiplayer race in Koenigseggs' in a night track. So sweaty, and the constant simple effect of looking at your side- and rearview mirrors to see where the other racer is adds so much!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, and you can also throw any 3D Blu-Ray into the drive and then watch it in 3D through the PSVR headset.

Wait, seriously?
I think I might have some Blu-rays that came with 3D versions that I've never been able to watch. I'll have to give that a try.

This is a dumb question, and I assume the answer is no, but would this work for PS3 games on PSNow that supported 3D?

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wait, seriously?
I think I might have some Blu-rays that came with 3D versions that I've never been able to watch. I'll have to give that a try.

This is a dumb question, and I assume the answer is no, but would this work for PS3 games on PSNow that supported 3D?
That's an interesting question... I guess not, I imagine they removed the 3D output for PSNow, I never checked myself. But since the picture for VR has a different format, let's call it "fish eye", which the lenses of the headset distort back to a normal picture in the headset, it would probably not work. If that wasn't the case it might be possible to run a PS3 through the headset to play these games in 3D (kind of like you can run Switch VR through PSVR).

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Vacation Simulator looks really fun but not sure I can justify £26.99 for it. I waited for Job Simulator to have a price drop and that felt like the right call considering the game's length.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Vacation Simulator looks really fun but not sure I can justify £26.99 for it. I waited for Job Simulator to have a price drop and that felt like the right call considering the game's length.
Yeah, I'm still waiting for Job Simulator price drop in EU. 17,99 was the cheapest price yet, which is still pretty high considering permanent price drop to 20.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Probably a silly question but I'll ask anyway: the box that connects the PS4, VR and TV doesn't add any additional input lag o r alteration of my default TV picture settings, correct?
Just wanna make sure I'm good to just leave it connected, or if I should keep it disconnected unless I'm actually using VR.