• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Until Dawn Rush of BLOOD? There is an easy mode. I know it for sure because I did the last boss on easy because that was kinda unfair/had issues with hit detection.

I think they might mean Blood and Truth? Rush of Blood was both pretty easy and had an easier mode (I thought B&T was too, but it could have difficulty spikes I don't remember).

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Blood and Truth has a "cinematic" mode in which you have red sight overpowered weapons and cannot die..

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think they might mean Blood and Truth? Rush of Blood was both pretty easy and had an easier mode (I thought B&T was too, but it could have difficulty spikes I don't remember).
Naw I meant Rush of Blood. It was really wasy but had a few difficulty spikes and iirc there was only one difficulty for the first playthrough.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Naw I meant Rush of Blood. It was really wasy but had a few difficulty spikes and iirc there was only one difficulty for the first playthrough.

Interesting. I didn't mean to sound condescending, I played the hell out of Rush of Blood since it was one of the first PSVR games I got and I only ran through B&T once so I thought maybe I was missing something.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Turn off HDCP, you have to turn it on again to watch YouTube, blurays etc.

Simply restarting the game also helped me with this error. I get it regularly in a lot of games. I start them, play for a few minutes then the screen and sound begin to flicker until it turns completely black. I then just press I think it's "PlayStation button, Triangle, up, cross" to close the game. I am then back in the dashboard with picture and sound restored. I start the game again and it runs for hours.
Thank you!! Will try these options :)

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Alrighty I figured I'd wait a while and see if I got some guesses. Oh well. Here you go. Please tell me if you've played it.

Ghost Giant

I didn't like Ghost Giant. I didn't connect with the story and the tracking was bad, like it was hard to do some of the things it wanted you to do.

I played Spice & Wolf VR too. Super cute but also 30 minutes long so probably not worth the price.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Is the game installed on the PS4s internal hard drive or an external one? Try swapping. Also, try changing all the HDMI connectors involved in the setup. Sometimes they can be troublesome.
Poop - I had the exact same problem, but turning off supersampling fixed it (I believe they've since issued a patch that fixes that). Apparently you already tried that, though.
yeah i think the original issue atleast was either Boost Mode or Supersampling Mode that had to be turned off.
Turn off HDCP, you have to turn it on again to watch YouTube, blurays etc.

After trying for months, it finally worked. While searching for the option to turn off HDCP, saw the option to turn off boost mode. Did that and voila...Had turned off super sampling mode earlier and thought boost mode is the same thing. Feeling like a fool now for not paying attention as the first suggestion I got was to turn off boost mode. Thank you all for the responses.

Loving every second of WO 2048 :)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So Battlewake looks super-cool and I really enjoyed RAW DATA. It has some great steam impressions already. Anyone played it on PSVR? How are the graphics and performance and controls?

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
Coworker bought a PSVR move bundle (2nd version)and used it only once. He's boxed it up and will let it go for $150. Includes Batman, Starblood, Astro Bot, and Drive Club.

Deal or no deal?

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Coworker bought a PSVR move bundle (2nd version)and used it only once. He's boxed it up and will let it go for $150. Includes Batman, Starblood, Astro Bot, and Drive Club.

Deal or no deal?
I'd do it if only for compatibility with ps5. The pro already gives the psvr a nice performance boost, I couldnt imagine how amazing the experience will be next time around. 150 is a steal for nextgen vr.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I'd do it if only for compatibility with ps5. The pro already gives the psvr a nice performance boost, I couldnt imagine how amazing the experience will be next time around. 150 is a steal for nextgen vr.
It's still going to have the lowest resolution and smallest field of view compared to all VR headsets in its class. Don't get me wrong, I love my PSVR, and it's remarkable how well it works given the processing power of the PS4, but every month its 3-year-old tech gets more and more dated (not to mention the nine-year-old Moves). Buy it because that's a great deal on the current PSVR, but I'd be shocked if the PS5 makes all that much of a difference with the current library, and chances are devs are going to continue to target the PS4's power for PSVR until PSVR 2 comes out sometime during the PS5's cycle, since they'd be turning their backs on potential customers otherwise.

Astro Bot will blow your goddamn mind.
Damned straight.

Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land
It's still going to have the lowest resolution and smallest field of view compared to all VR headsets in its class. Don't get me wrong, I love my PSVR, and it's remarkable how well it works given the processing power of the PS4, but every month its 3-year-old tech gets more and more dated (not to mention the nine-year-old Moves). Buy it because that's a great deal on the current PSVR, but I'd be shocked if the PS5 makes all that much of a difference with the current library, and chances are devs are going to continue to target the PS4's power for PSVR until PSVR 2 comes out sometime during the PS5's cycle, since they'd be turning their backs on potential customers otherwise.

Damned straight.
Don't forget a lot of devs are using the foveated rendering tech on the psvr (things around the outskirts of the fov are lower resolution then the things in the middle). Then you also have dynamic resolution and pop in which will be greatly reduced.

Basically everything should look as good as wipeout on the pro if not better.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget a lot of devs are using the foveated rendering tech on the psvr (things around the outskirts of the fov are lower resolution then the things in the middle). Then you also have dynamic resolution and pop in which will be greatly reduced.

Basically everything should look as good as wipeout on the pro if not better.

These are generally fixed foveated solutions, and so wouldn't change on new hardware without a patch. I wouldn't count on that being common tbh. This would also likely be the case in regards to pop-in also. Without the games being patched the differences a likely to be closer to playing a 360 game on an XB1S, in that visually it'd be near identical.

Oct 25, 2017
These are generally fixed foveated solutions, and so wouldn't change on new hardware without a patch. I wouldn't count on that being common tbh. This would also likely be the case in regards to pop-in also. Without the games being patched the differences a likely to be closer to playing a 360 game on an XB1S, in that visually it'd be near identical.
I wonder if devs are using Sony provided APIs for that fixed foveated rendering though. If they are, it's possible that PS5 could override the parameters.

MS is able to offer enhancements in BC titles because they more strictly enforce the use of their APIs. Sony is generally more lax - but given the more strict requirements of PSVR(rendering matching the lenses, reprojection system for 60fps games) - it's likely that there is more enforcement of at least some APIs for PSVR games. So I'd say there's hope for PS5 to improve PSVR games.

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone know a reputable place to get a replacement power cord/adapter? I bought a used v1 set but the person I bought it from forgot to include the power cables. They're shipping the cables later this week but I'd like to get backup cables just in case.

Infinium

Jan 10, 2018
It's a generic connector so any 12V power supply with the correct plug will work.

So something like this should work then? I've been looking online and getting conflicting reports about some generic connectors burning out over time but I just need something temporary until the OEM cables come in from the guy I bought the set from.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
So something like this should work then? I've been looking online and getting conflicting reports about some generic connectors burning out over time but I just need something temporary until the OEM cables come in from the guy I bought the set from.
It would, but you don't need to limit yourself to "for PSVR" stuff. Any 12V DC power supply with the correct connector will work. You might have one sitting around you could use. I have one powering the PSVR, one powering my router, one powering the display on an exercise bike, and probably some more lurking in drawers.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, LA Noire VR's been out on PCVR for a while, whereas the PSVR release was just yesterday, and as far as I know no one knew it was coming, so it's too early for reviews/impressions. One thing I noticed in the release trailer was that you hold a notepad of notes, which is always problematic in PSVR, since text especially tends to betray its resolution limits. I'm very interested in playing it (I always meant to get around to playing LA Noire, which I have an unopened PS3 disc of), but I'll need to know how well it works for PSVR before I decide whether to buy it full price or wait for a very, very steep discount down the line.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I couldn't find L.A. Noire VR in the EU-store, turns out you can't use periods when spelling it (even though that's the official way) or you will only find the regular PS4 version. Will give it a go tomorrow.

Oct 2, 2018
Dick Wilde 2 not getting kind reviews. I was amazed to see it that low.

but then I goggled Dick Wilde 1 and it also didnt get great reviews. I had a fun time with 1 though.

anyone has 2? I'm looking to buy it from the flash sale.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Batman Arkham VR worth it at full price? Thing never seems to go on sale.

Also, what are the best simulator games not named "Job Simulator" (as I already have it)?

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
"Full price" is only $20 (in the US). It's only about 2–3 hours, but it's very well done; if you're a comic book nerd, it's a no-brainer. Then again, if you're a comic book nerd, you'd probably already have it. For the rest of us, it depends on how much you want to be Batman, minus fisticuffs, in an impressively detailed world built by Rocksteady, who made the Arkham games.

I certainly don't regret paying full price at launch; it was one of the first games I played in VR, and it absolutely blew me away. Since then I've demoed it for any number of people, all of whom thought it was amazing.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Paper Beast is now also a 2020 title :/

44cqmh988zq31.jpg

End of the year looks a bit boring compared to last year with Astro Bot, Beat Saber, Tetris Effect, Borderlands 2.

Only interested in Golem but that could be trash....

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Paper Beast is now also a 2020 title :/

44cqmh988zq31.jpg

End of the year looks a bit boring compared to last year with Astro Bot, Beat Saber, Tetris Effect, Borderlands 2.

Only interested in Golem but that could be trash....
Things are slowing down for sure. Hopefully there's still a few great games coming.

Oct 2, 2018
Finally got around to playing BOXVR and I'm liking it but it doesn't have the kinectic wow/fun of beat sabre. I had a rather robust half hour session and I gotta say, I might get occulus gear ver 2 for this and beat saber. Be great fitness thingos to have. and the immersiveness does mean time flies away rather quickly

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
So i was able to get The Inpatient for really cheap, try it 30 minute last night..... please tell me it get better because this is boring as hell, and f*** these cheap jump scare in dream sequence, this is totally ridiculous and not scary at all, just really annoying. Suppermassive game have a really hard time with their vr game overall (Until dawm was amazing...)

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So i was able to get The Inpatient for really cheap, try it 30 minute last night..... please tell me it get better because this is boring as hell, and f*** these cheap jump scare in dream sequence, this is totally ridiculous and not scary at all, just really annoying. Suppermassive game have a really hard time with their vr game overall (Until dawm was amazing...)
It really doesn't get better.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Ehh I would argue that "best" parts of the game are at the tail end which is a shame because it comes and goes pretty quickly rather than expand of it. Its a short game so you might as well get it over. Controls can be bitch at certain times which is annoying because of lot of "choices" towards the end depend on your quick actions.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It's sadly one of the worst games I've played this gen. It's also incredibly annoying trying to go for different endings and saving different people since you need to start from scratch to change anything. It's so slow to replay.

Not sure if you've played it but I found Supermassive's Until Dawn: Rush of Blood an amazing experience if you have the Moves. It's short but it's intense, has fun level design and some epic and challenging bosses. No real story though and it feels like more of a horror parody than scary. Your post only mentioned Until Dawn so I wasn't sure you've played the rollercoaster spin-off.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
It really doesn't get better.

Ehh I would argue that "best" parts of the game are at the tail end which is a shame because it comes and goes pretty quickly rather than expand of it. Its a short game so you might as well get it over. Controls can be bitch at certain times which is annoying because of lot of "choices" towards the end depend on your quick actions.

It's sadly one of the worst games I've played this gen. It's also incredibly annoying trying to go for different endings and saving different people since you need to start from scratch to change anything. It's so slow to replay.

Not sure if you've played it but I found Supermassive's Until Dawn: Rush of Blood an amazing experience if you have the Moves. It's short but it's intense, has fun level design and some epic and challenging bosses. No real story though and it feels like more of a horror parody than scary. Your post only mentioned Until Dawn so I wasn't sure you've played the rollercoaster spin-off.

Yeah i was talking about that until dawn, it was super nice experience.

Thank for the information, not sure if i'll continue, the other 30 min wasn't as bad as the beginning, but it's still pretty boring so far. Not sure i'll continue that for another hour or 2....

And there that 3rd year aniversary sale that begin soon, i'll try to get superhot (never played the vr version but finish it on PC, it was amazing)

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm thinking of getting back into PSVR but the fact that I've downgraded (in power, but it's a massive upgrade in noise) to a PS4 Slim makes me weary. My only experience with the device is with the Pro and even that felt overly blurry at times; are the downgrades on PS4 Slim that severe? I'm fine with it not being as good but I really don't want to feel like I'm missing out too much.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm thinking of getting back into PSVR but the fact that I've downgraded (in power, but it's a massive upgrade in noise) to a PS4 Slim makes me weary. My only experience with the device is with the Pro and even that felt overly blurry at times; are the downgrades on PS4 Slim that severe? I'm fine with it not being as good but I really don't want to feel like I'm missing out too much.
Not severe, with the exception of a handful of games. Unless you have a Pro right there to compare you probably won't notice the downgrade.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Not severe, with the exception of a handful of games. Unless you have a Pro right there to compare you probably won't notice the downgrade.
Thanks! What games would you say are severe? I'm wanting to get back into PSVR for ones that I've missed since I sold it like Astrobot, Creed, Beat Saber, etc. Also want ot try No Man's Sky but likely not for long.