• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something happened with the headset in the last few weeks and every time I put it on it is now super comfy. It used to be a mild annoyance that I would forget about after a few mins but now it feels great.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Found on Reddit.

SIE patents possible new Move controllers?
Looks to have

-2 tracking LEDS in front similar to the headset lights,
-Pressure senstive locations/bands
-Finger tracking?
-Motors suggest some sort of haptic force feedback

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20024247.html

img

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
i wear glasses, bought the protector bumpers and have the same issue

I wear glasses too. No protector bumps but I can push them high on my nose and it works nicely.
Noticeable gap in the bottom but angling the back band of the headset higher and playing in the dark makes it much less noticeable. You could also mod some foam to fit the bottom I'm sure.

I usually have light leakage, but by choice; I don't notice it once I'm in the game. Leaving an open gap should allow for air circulation - I've never had the steaming some people seem to have.

You can also dim or turn off the lights in the room if the leakage bothers you, since the camera only tracks the lights on the headset and the Moves/DS4.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had another session this evening and I tried putting the back band of the headset higher than before (above the skull line) and it made a huge difference in immersion, there's still a really narrow gap below the eyes but after 5 minutes you forget it's there.

Batman VR continues to be awesome, I don't want it to end lol

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. I had another session this evening and I tried putting the back band of the headset higher than before (above the skull line) and it made a huge difference in immersion, there's still a really narrow gap below the eyes but after 5 minutes you forget it's there.

Batman VR continues to be awesome, I don't want it to end lol

i always thought that it was recommended to put the back band lower

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Shooty Fruity's sound design is some of the best i've heard in a game haha. Those guns pack a punch.

Game is amazing in general though. Perfect mix of frantic task completion with wave defense. Looks great in VR too and i'm surprised by how good the physics interactions are! Everything responds pretty much how i would expect it too

Legitmcfalls

Oct 25, 2017
Waterloo Ontario
Me and the fiance are about to take the plunge for psvr tomorrow. Probably going to pick up the Skyrim bundle with batman and job simulator. Any other demos we should check out as well?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly Doom VFR isn't very playable with move controls for me. Movement is shit but critical to the core gameplay. Maybe better with an aim-controller but I don't have that. But it's good fun with dualshock. Raw Data is the way better VR shooting experience with movement because of tighter controls and an overall slower gameplay IMO.

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Got mine today. Well happy with it so far. Grabbed Skyrim, Star Trek and the batman experience. Debating whether to head town to buy the move controllers but not sure I want to spend another £70 today.

Also can anyone recommend Robinson The Journey? It's 16 in the sale and I do love me some dinosaurs.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Got mine today. Well happy with it so far. Grabbed Skyrim, Star Trek and the batman experience. Debating whether to head town to buy the move controllers but not sure I want to spend another £70 today.

Also can anyone recommend Robinson The Journey? It's 16 in the sale and I do love me some dinosaurs.

Robinson impressions were mostly negative, and a game that potentially causes sickness (but that varies from person to person). Apparently it looks nice...
FYI Batman is only half the game without moves. And some people prefer Skyrim with moves, also afaik you can only use teleport mode this way. Don't know if Bridge Crew supports them...

Any problems with motion sickness yet?

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Bridge Crew, Skyrim and Batman should all be played with Moves IMO. Especially Batman and Bridge Crew where you use each hand to perform tasks.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Got Arizona Sunshine in the EU January sale, now that I have a pro. I first gave it a try using the move controllers since I had read several times that it feels better to play that way. Problem for me is, while the game has similar controls as Skyrim (which are second nature to me by now after more than 80 hours) they are slightly different and there is no way to remap the buttons (that I found at least, and you can't remap the move controls using the PS4's accessibility menu). While they work OK it's just a constant struggle for me as I'm so used to Skyrim by now. Kind of annoyed by my own inability to adapt and no button configuration in the game I decided to try the aim controller. And I honestly don't know what people were complaining about, it works perfectly with an aim controller. I also found my aim to be way better than using moves. I ended up finishing the game in one sitting (took me 3 1/2 hours, more or less). It's really fun and well worth the 20€ in the current sale imo. The main character also grew on me after a while (the voice is a little too loud by default and seems a litte overdriven). At first his remarks did not do much for me, but after a while I found him to be very funny at times, actually making me laugh out loud several times while playing. When you spend a while in that world his attitude actually makes a lot of sense.

I would recommend it, at least if you have a pro and an aim controller (or if you are not a sucker like me who can't adapt to a new control scheme after playing Skyrim for too long).

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Robinson impressions were mostly negative, and a game that potentially causes sickness (but that varies from person to person). Apparently it looks nice...
FYI Batman is only half the game without moves. And some people prefer Skyrim with moves, also afaik you can only use teleport mode this way. Don't know if Bridge Crew supports them...

Skyrim with moves has free movement too. Not sure where you're getting only teleport mode from.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Skyrim with moves has free movement too. Not sure where you're getting only teleport mode from.

That was worded a bit poorly on my part. I meant that if you want to use teleportation instead of direct movement you have to use move controllers. Can't remember seeing an option for teleportation when trying the game with DS4.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like Arizona sunshine so far. The dark mine is pretty spooky. Only tried with moves and teleportation while I get my legs, but I have an aim so will try that sometime

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Thanks for the advice. Went and bought the moves based on what you said (I'd heard similar anyways) and haven't settled on Robinson since I might be able to get a copy on loan.

No motion sickness yet. Not my first vr try (did a few hours of until dawn and farpoint on a friends befofe now) so maybe I'm already ok with it. Only time I've genuinely felt poorly was due to vertigo and a fear of heights, nothing else which has kept me happy.

Been out all day today so tomorrow will be the real test in all honesty.

And a quickie, got 40 left on psn. What are the wow games/experiences to go for?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
And a quickie, got 40 left on psn. What are the wow games/experiences to go for?
Batman - On sale now
Last Guardian Tech Demo - Free
Playroom VR - Free
Rec Room - Free
VR Worlds - If you can get it on sale.
Rez Infinite
Statik
Thumper
Tumble VR

All those are recs I hear a lot and I've played them personally.
They're very good.

Games that are often recommended but I haven't played and are not currently on sale:
Superhot VR - My top purchasing priority.
Job Simulator

Games I rarely hear recommended that I really enjoy:
Pixel Gear
Ancient Amuletor
Smashbox Arena

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After being a wuss and not playing RE7 to almost complete the game in one sitting I have to say I realised I had totally psyched myself out on that one. Wasn't even scary. Not the biggest fan of the VR implementation in it, I wish I played it when it first came out because it already feels quite dated compared to other VR content. Still very enjoyable but lacks the fluidity, presence and engaging elements that so many more VR games have.

Airhead

Oct 25, 2017
Played Skyrim for about 5 hours today. I never really played this when it released only explored and didn't do main missions so this is a nice way to play it again.

Bow and magic are def my go combat options.

Besides my eyes being strained I absolutely love it. I probably need better fitting glasses when playing, that way they don't just feel pushed against my face the whole time.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously considering pulling the trigger on PSVR this year. I have a PS4 Pro and even though my time to game is limited these days (due to having a two year old) I've come around to the idea that the shorter, less demanding experiences that VR provides might be more in line with my time constraints for gaming. An hour here, 30 minutes there, etc.

Games I have my eye on are things like Job/Vacation Simulator (I seize every single opportunity I get to play Job Simulator when a VR headset is available for me to try), Star Trek Bridge Crew (haven't tried it yet), Super Hot, just to name a few.

Not sure if the purchase is justifiable yet but that's where I'm at currently. Maybe this summer.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried farpoint - good fun with the aim, but it kept drifting off and needed a shake to realign. Movement was pretty good but after a while it was annoying not to be able to turn so I put the basic snap turning on just so I could walk roughly forward. In some of the more hectic fights I was strafing but I think I was naturally looking to the side I was strafing, and leaning the gun over which seemed to avoid me getting queasy (although some of the opening cinematic in the spaceship was a bit uncomfortable)

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Just tried farpoint - good fun with the aim, but it kept drifting off and needed a shake to realign. Movement was pretty good but after a while it was annoying not to be able to turn so I put the basic snap turning on just so I could walk roughly forward. In some of the more hectic fights I was strafing but I think I was naturally looking to the side I was strafing, and leaning the gun over which seemed to avoid me getting queasy (although some of the opening cinematic in the spaceship was a bit uncomfortable)
Leave your Aim controller on a flat surface powered on if it drifts. It helps with calibration.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017

For some really weird reason, turning is off as standard and has to be enabled via the menu.

I have very strong VR "legs" but this and skyrim, and from now on all developers for VR games need to really tone down the turn speed. I am on the slowest for farpoint and skyrim and both are far too fast for my taste.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Seriously considering pulling the trigger on PSVR this year. I have a PS4 Pro and even though my time to game is limited these days (due to having a two year old) I've come around to the idea that the shorter, less demanding experiences that VR provides might be more in line with my time constraints for gaming. An hour here, 30 minutes there, etc.

Games I have my eye on are things like Job/Vacation Simulator (I seize every single opportunity I get to play Job Simulator when a VR headset is available for me to try), Star Trek Bridge Crew (haven't tried it yet), Super Hot, just to name a few.

Not sure if the purchase is justifiable yet but that's where I'm at currently. Maybe this summer.

I am in the same boat and can only recommend whole heartedly to go for it.

I look at my non-VR collection now and wish they were all VR in some manner.

But, in agreement with your point. Short, sharp experiences with the odd longer game (RE7 / Skyrim) means when you have other commitments it makes more sense than all the games being 50+ hours with no hope of seeing the end.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
For some really weird reason, turning is off as standard and has to be enabled via the menu.

I have very strong VR "legs" but this and skyrim, and from now on all developers for VR games need to really tone down the turn speed. I am on the slowest for farpoint and skyrim and both are far too fast for my taste.

I definitely recommend you use snap turning until smooth turning gives you no discomfort.

Smooth turning is the most sickening aspect of VR. I'm only able to use it comfortably after a year of using VR

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Wow, a year? It took me about a week or so to get my VR legs (did it in RE7 mostly), and even then I didn't play every day during that period. I guess it's different for every one.