• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Unpopular opinion time.

Farpoint is not a very good game. People are just thirsty for a FPS in VR. That game would not sell if not for VR as it would be considered a substandard shooter. I bought it and Aim, played for four hours, sold the game and kept the Aim.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Unpopular opinion time.

Farpoint is not a very good game. People are just thirsty for a FPS in VR. That game would not sell if not for VR as it would be considered a substandard shooter. I bought it and Aim, played for four hours, sold the game and kept the Aim.
Farpoint is ok, but you are right. All I did while playing Farpoint was imagine what the game would be like with a better budget or a different developer. But yes the highlight is the aim controller, which makes Arizona Sunshine and Dick Wilde very fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never even heard of Polybius! I'll check it out.

I'm officially done with my first weekend with VR. This tech is the real deal - I haven't been this amazed by gaming since Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. The magic is palpable, and the possibilities are so exciting! In fact, I'm so into VR, that I watched both the Microsoft and Bethesda conferences in cinema mode :P

Out of the dozen or so games and demos I've played so far, Batman: Arkham VR is easily my favorite. Being so immersed in the world of my favorite character was a dream come true. Surveying the streets of Gotham, analyzing and solving crime scenes, and coming face to face with some iconic villains was too damn awesome.

Hell, I even shouted with delight when I first descended into the Batcave. It was such a badass moment.

It's short, but one of the most engaging and exciting video game experiences I've ever had. I give it my highest recommendation to anyone who's a fan of Batman and the other Arkham games.

Wipeout is also awesome. It's like having a freaking Disney World ride in your living room!

Job Simulator is also totally rad. It's hilarious and has tons of cool little ways to interact with the world. It's a wonderful showcase for the tech, and now I can't wait for Vacation Simulator!

Rush of Blood is also super neat. It's genuinely creepy and tense, but it's not terrifying and awful like RE7. It's the perfect middle ground if you want to experience something akin to a scary haunted house but don't want to be completely horrified and disturbed.

Basically, VR is the truth. The psychological response it triggers in your brain is so intense and believable, and I cannot wait for the day VR is widely supported.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
VR-only games largely have to be short - unless they're also playable in non-VR (e.g., RE7, Wipeout, Skyrim, since it was built on the existing hugely popular game), there simply isn't sufficient audience to support a full-length, AAA game. The VR audience is minuscule compared to the non-VR audience.

That said, I have no interest in wave shooters and I've been drowning in a sea of new and good games recently released; my VR backlog is getting really embarassing. Wipeout, Skyrim, Sparc, Sprint Vector, Dino Frontier, Invisible Hours, Moss, Apex Construct, Solus Project, and Superhot VR are all great, and my wishlist includes games like To The Top, Rangi, Along Together, Super Amazeballs, Floor Plan, and Megaton Rainfall. And now that I glance at the PS Store, both Star Child and The Persistence recently released - I didn't even know they'd come out, but thought they were standouts on the second Demo Disc. To say that there's been a drought of non-wave-shooter PSVR games calls for an impressively selective memory.

I'll be honest and admit i had no idea The Persistence is out? Decent game at least from the 2nd demo. I already know were getting Gunheart and Horus Station, Problem is waiting for those ports months on end when they can already be out in PC's case. And going forward were always gonna be held back by the base PS4 aswell as they have to target that. I'm more about co-op VR as my friends have it and there's nothing like it, But while we wait for dlc for Arizona or Horus Station, PCVR already has those available, Not to mention the co-op for Raw Data which we don't get.

All in all i don't expect AAA all the time, But there has to be some standards met after playing the likes of RE7,Farpoint,Skyrim etc.
Yeah we feel very similar, I do think that PCVR is the way to go, I have to start saving for a decent computer and a VR headset. Plus things like Dolphin VR makes me want it bad. I would've though PSVR would be the way to go as they have the hardware sales but it looks like the PSVR will go the way of the Vita, which I loved but its hard to only play indies after getting amazing games so early.

Yeah it's gonna be a ball ache sorting out what PC and all that to get, Ideally to fit under the TV. I also want to use BigscreenVR which will be so immersive with friends, PSVR is just getting PC ports months after that are either watered down or not at all. Just proper disheartening after the initial 2016-17 we had with PSVR. Hopefully they go all out with the PS5 and i'll switch back.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opinion time.

Gonna have to disagree there sir, Played it without the AIM, The DS4 worked really well, Me and a friend loved it, On the Pro its the best visually, Especially the last ice level, Guns are tight. The story is a typical sci-fi, But it has full body tracking, Me and my friend just stood and gawped many times. Impulse Gear even added PvP along with co-op and weapon progression. Truly the best immersion is when you see you're friend in VR up close and you're shooting shit, He had the plasma shield blocking everything and i stood behind sniping.

Shame Raw Data never gave us that co-op patch, I am intruiged by Gunheart and Evasion as they both utilise the AIM i think.

Manekast

Oct 25, 2017
Byron Bay
Solid list. I'd recommend Statik, Wipeout, Moss, and Bound. When you get the moves get Superhot, To The Top, Sprint Vector, and Apex Construct. There are loads of demos on the store now as well that are well worth checking out as well.

Epic. Cheers. Nabbed wipeout, doom vfr, the inpatient (needs move controllers? Dont have yet), Arizona Sunshine, Eagle Flight and Thumper all on sale on PSN Aus.

Can't afford move controllers atm.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I've never even heard of Polybius! I'll check it out.

I'm officially done with my first weekend with VR. This tech is the real deal - I haven't been this amazed by gaming since Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. The magic is palpable, and the possibilities are so exciting! In fact, I'm so into VR, that I watched both the Microsoft and Bethesda conferences in cinema mode :P

Out of the dozen or so games and demos I've played so far, Batman: Arkham VR is easily my favorite. Being so immersed in the world of my favorite character was a dream come true. Surveying the streets of Gotham, analyzing and solving crime scenes, and coming face to face with some iconic villains was too damn awesome.

Hell, I even shouted with delight when I first descended into the Batcave. It was such a badass moment.

It's short, but one of the most engaging and exciting video game experiences I've ever had. I give it my highest recommendation to anyone who's a fan of Batman and the other Arkham games.

Wipeout is also awesome. It's like having a freaking Disney World ride in your living room!

Job Simulator is also totally rad. It's hilarious and has tons of cool little ways to interact with the world. It's a wonderful showcase for the tech, and now I can't wait for Vacation Simulator!

Rush of Blood is also super neat. It's genuinely creepy and tense, but it's not terrifying and awful like RE7. It's the perfect middle ground if you want to experience something akin to a scary haunted house but don't want to be completely horrified and disturbed.

Basically, VR is the truth. The psychological response it triggers in your brain is so intense and believable, and I cannot wait for the day VR is widely supported.

This is basically how I feel as well. I always get so confused in VR threads when people are dismissive to the point of hostility.

I have to second the recommendation of Polybius. It's an old school arcade shooter, but upgraded with VR and ridiculous speed. It's one of my favourites on the psvr.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Polybius isn't my jam, but yes, people who like that kind of game love it (if their brain doesn't explode from sensory overload).

While I regularly listen to the Giant Bombcast, Jeff Gerstmann's kind of a special case - I remember a while ago when they read an email from someone who shared what his girlfriend had intuited about their personalities based on being forced to listen to some of their podasts on a long car ride. Her take on Gerstmann was "He doesn't even like games! Or at least he doesn't like them unless he played them as a kid and they have some minimum level of garbage." Sometimes I think he has interesting things to say about mechanics, though, even as he hates a game; I was shocked last year when he actually enjoyed Horizon: Zero Dawn, a game that's not only modern but largely garbage-free.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
I have seen it mentioned elsewhere, but i received an email from PlayStation asking if i had fallen out of love with my PSVR as i hadnt used it for a while (just over a month probably).

Far from it Sony! Life just gets in the way but i did note in my response they need more AAA titles and less smaller cheaper games which VR really now needs to move past.

I hope this isnt a sign Sony are putting feelers out to ditch VR like 3DTVs were ditched.

I get that the take up has been less than hoped but then you are asking people to lay down the same in notes as a new console! Its not a cheap peripheral.

VR is transformative but it isnt an experience i go for everytime. GT sport is not as good as the 2D version. Wipeout 3D is much better.

Please dont abandon VR...i want my ps5/4k headset!

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
It's a very early game, and a little nausea-inducing for some of us; I'm not sure if that's because they hadn't quite figured out movement that early on, or if all of us were still getting our VR legs. I probably should try replaying it; when I played it at release I was disappointed at how it was pretty clearly pitched at an audience of, say, 12-to-14-year-olds, rather than adults. Now that I know what it is, I can probably appreciate the game they made, instead of wishing it was a different game.

More like VR After Earth, where you're Jaden Smith.

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ive played a lot of the games that make people sick. I always turn off all comfort settings and never get sick. I seem to have a pretty high tolerance for vr games. The only time a game made me feel bad was Robinson. A lot of what ive experienced with it mirrored what I heard online. Just know that if you start feeling sick that its not you or VR in general, its that game.

edit: I played with smooth turning in this game and the turning was extremely fast. that maay have been the cause but I dislike snap turning and there was no option to slow down the tuning speed.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
VR IS DEAD.

No wonder theyvwere half price here in Aus.

Mane, you're trippin. Slow down a bit. Read my Whirlpool post (OverTemperature) in the E3 thread. Actually, here it is to make it easier.

Yes – sounds like a catch up is needed. There has been LOADS of PS VR news in the last couple of weeks alone.

They announced several PS VR games in the week leading up to E3 and at the conference this morning. Look for Astro Bot, Tetris Effect, Ghost Giant, Evasion, Along Together, Trover Saves the Universe, Creed Rise to Glory, Déraciné, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot VR plus we recently got news of The Exorcist Legion VR, release of To The Top, and a bunch of other games, plus a release date for Beat Saber, and shortly ago they confirmed day one PS VR support in Dreams. Strange how we didn't get an update on Blood & Truth though! It's so much news that I rarely post about it in the PS VR thread any more (I used to try to list all the announcements there – too many now).

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Ive played a lot of the games that make people sick. I always turn off all comfort settings and never get sick. I seem to have a pretty high tolerance for vr games. The only time a game made me feel bad was Robinson. A lot of what ive experienced with it mirrored what I heard online. Just know that if you start feeling sick that its not you or VR in general, its that game.

edit: I played with smooth turning in this game and the turning was extremely fast. that maay have been the cause but I dislike snap turning and there was no option to slow down the tuning speed.
It's a very early game, and a little nausea-inducing for some of us; I'm not sure if that's because they hadn't quite figured out movement that early on, or if all of us were still getting our VR legs. I probably should try replaying it; when I played it at release I was disappointed at how it was pretty clearly pitched at an audience of, say, 12-to-14-year-olds, rather than adults. Now that I know what it is, I can probably appreciate the game they made, instead of wishing it was a different game.

Huh, that's interesting, first I've heard of this :O I'll have to try it in an hour or so, I'm about to leave work after an 8 hour night shift so it'll be interesting to see what the game does to me when I really should be sleeping lol. I bought it hoping that my girlfriend would like it (getting her to even suggest trying VR is rather impossible though so, eh), but if it's vomit inducing, it's a no go :/ I had no idea this was the concensus, I'll report back in a coupl of hours :)

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Mane, you're trippin. Slow down a bit. Read my Whirlpool post (OverTemperature) in the E3 thread. Actually, here it is to make it easier.

Yes – sounds like a catch up is needed. There has been LOADS of PS VR news in the last couple of weeks alone.

They announced several PS VR games in the week leading up to E3 and at the conference this morning. Look for Astro Bot, Tetris Effect, Ghost Giant, Evasion, Along Together, Trover Saves the Universe, Creed Rise to Glory, Déraciné, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot VR plus we recently got news of The Exorcist Legion VR, release of To The Top, and a bunch of other games, plus a release date for Beat Saber, and shortly ago they confirmed day one PS VR support in Dreams. Strange how we didn't get an update on Blood & Truth though! It's so much news that I rarely post about it in the PS VR thread any more (I used to try to list all the announcements there – too many now).
The problem is that I would imagine most of those games you will be able to beat in 1 setting. Buying few hour experiences was fun when I first got VR but I bought a lot of games last year. This year I would rather not keep spending 30+ for something thats going to give me 1 day of content and 2 on a replay. Dreams is the only reason why I would even keep VR. Unless PSX is different which I doubt, PSVR peaked early and its so disappointing because RE7 made me think I was going to be playing some of the best games ever.

Manekast

Oct 25, 2017
Byron Bay

Ok I haven't had time, thanks for pointing all that out. I guess I was expecting another REVII type game but all those you point out look really cool. I bought some move sticks and will definately keep an eye on those games. The current sale is killer for VR too. Cleaned up. So I guess I'm in 'till the end.

I just get carried away and honestly before the Sony conference I knew none of that. There's heaps to play. I just over-react. Happy with my re-purchase.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been good for RE2 in VR, RE7 was so much better because of it. RE2 is my favourite in the series so will likely get it anyway but a bit disappointed.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Just woke up for work, What did Sony announce for VR? Was that from software game the only one?

Those games you highlighted are a Farcry from RE7,Farpoint,Arizona,Superhot,Raw Data, Skyrim,Rush of blood..... Games we got on release or not long after. Exorcist has Been available on PC for nearly a year.

Sony have literally gave up with VR, Its evident, Were just being dripfed from PVCR ports. I'm still all in with VR but I think it's time to switch to PC for me and my friends.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Sony have literally gave up with VR[...]
I mean, they have like six or seven first party VR games announced and continue to promote VR at their press conferences so I think you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself. Even if AAA titles are relatively few and far between, the notion that they have "literally" given up seems at odds with them continuing to announce stuff. At the end of the day only time will tell but I don't think you can really claim it's truly over at this specific juncture.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, they have like six or seven first party VR games announced and continue to promote VR at their press conferences so I think you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself. Even if AAA titles are relatively few and far between, the notion that they have "literally" given up seems at odds with them continuing to announce stuff. At the end of the day only time will tell but I don't think you can really claim it's truly over at this specific juncture.
Its not even just new AAA titles are missing as those take time to develop, they could've did ports/remasters like they did in the first few years of the ps4. They don't even give a fuck about non game content. There are VR rooms on my GearVR, nothing on ps4. No PS4 Netflix,or no updates so we can use the dedicated media player with more files. PSVR is the new Vita, an indie/low budget game machine. Which is ok I guess, I liked my Vita. But compared to what I can play on flat gaming, why buy any games for this. And VR turned me off of flat games.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Those games you highlighted are a Farcry from RE7,Farpoint,Arizona,Superhot,Raw Data, Skyrim,Rush of blood..... Games we got on release or not long after. Exorcist has Been available on PC for nearly a year.

Sony have literally gave up with VR, Its evident, Were just being dripfed from PVCR ports. I'm still all in with VR but I think it's time to switch to PC for me and my friends.
PSVR came out 13 October 2016; Rush of Blood was a release title. RE7 came out three months later. Raw Data came out for PSVR a full year after PSVR launch, on 10 October 2017; Skyrim was a month later, on 17 November, and Superhot only hit PSVR 3-1/2 months ago, on 28 February of this year. (Edit: nope, it came out 29 September 2017, despite what a Google search turned up. Should have looked at the PS Store page.)

Sony has released an updated version of the PSVR headset, and there's been a steady release of games for PSVR - doing a quick check by sorting PSVR store by release date, 75 games in the last six months, or 2-3 a week, including things like Ultrawings, Sprint Vector, Apex Construct, Moss, Knockout League, Rangi, Floor Plan, To The Top, Cool Paintr VR, Along Together, and Preta: Vendetta Rising, and those are just the ones that have gotten very positive reviews (I hope Star Child and The Persistence, just released this week, also get great reviews, but right now everyone's following E3 instead of reviewing games). Just because you may not like them doesn't meant they don't exist.

In that same six months, Sony itself has released a second demo disc for free, an additional game to the free Playroom games, and done an incredible port of Wipeout that instantly became one of the best games available in VR. To say that Sony has "given up" on PSVR may express how you feel, but it in no way reflects reality.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Does it make sense to wait for the PS5 for a new headset or will the current PSVR likely still be supported? I doubt they want to make everybody who already bought one buy a second one, right?

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Superhot came out last July
Does it make sense to wait for the PS5 for a new headset or will the current PSVR likely still be supported? I doubt they want to make everybody who already bought one buy a second one, right?
As a day 1 owner of the current headset I hope they ditch this for psvr 2. I don't want to be held back by old tech.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSVR came out 13 October 2016; Rush of Blood was a release title. RE7 came out three months later. Raw Data came out for PSVR a full year after PSVR launch, on 10 October 2017; Skyrim was a month later, on 17 November, and Superhot only hit PSVR 3-1/2 months ago, on 28 February of this year.

Sony has released an updated version of the PSVR headset, and there's been a steady release of games for PSVR - doing a quick check by sorting PSVR store by release date, 75 games in the last six months, or 2-3 a week, including things like Ultrawings, Sprint Vector, Apex Construct, Moss, Knockout League, Rangi, Floor Plan, To The Top, Cool Paintr VR, Along Together, and Preta: Vendetta Rising, and those are just the ones that have gotten very positive reviews (I hope Star Child and The Persistence, just released this week, also get great reviews, but right now everyone's following E3 instead of reviewing games). Just because you may not like them doesn't meant they don't exist.

In that same six months, Sony itself has released a second demo disc for free, an additional game to the free Playroom games, and done an incredible port of Wipeout that instantly became one of the best games available in VR. To say that Sony has "given up" on PSVR may express how you feel, but it in no way reflects reality.

Just an FYI they have only gone up as preorders. Not sure on the date of Star Child but The Persistence is in July. Also Superhot came out last year.

But yeah there has been a steady stream of games. Not craploads so those who want specific things or have specific tastes are going to be limited.

Last edited:

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
D'oh! They show up at the top of the list when you sort by release date. Apparently 72 PSVR games have been released in the last six months, not 75.

I thought it was strange that PSVR Without Parole hadn't covered their release, but figured they were distracted by E3.

As a day 1 owner of the current headset I hope they ditch this for psvr 2. I don't want to be held back by old tech.
AFAIK, they can't release PSVR2 until they release the PS5, since the PS4 can't handle any meaningful increase in resolution. And last I heard Sony has said they're working on the PS5 but it won't be available for at least a year or two. Given their console market dominance this generation, they're in no rush to move to the next generation. It's in their advantage to wait for Microsoft to release the Xbox Two or whatever it will be called, then come in a year later with something that trumps that.

Last edited:

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
For those waiting for Ace Combat in VR, you're aware that the campaign won't support VR, right? Last I heard it will have a limited VR mode that offers "several hours of VR gameplay". I figure I'll wait until the price is low enough that I can justify buying it just for the VR part.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
For those waiting for Ace Combat in VR, you're aware that the campaign won't support VR, right? Last I heard it will have a limited VR mode that offers "several hours of VR gameplay". I figure I'll wait until the price is low enough that I can justify buying it just for the VR part.
"Several hours of VR gameplay" is good enough for me as there is nothing like it on psvr (jets not spaceships and the classic ac gameplay). Moss was several hours and was fine for me. I also want the standard 2d mode so a full price is acceptable.

You are right though that the full game should be VR, games like RE7, Skyrim and Wipeout have shown the way.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
So I played some Robinson. It went completely fine, so far. I turned it off after having scanned the first collectable in the starting area. I did feel a very slighy sense of vertigo in the main menu but it passed pretty quickly. Only gripes so far is the too slow walking speed, the way too fast turning speed (pie sucks), and no Move support which is odd considering the multitool you use xD

Oct 25, 2017
PSVR came out 13 October 2016; Rush of Blood was a release title. RE7 came out three months later. Raw Data came out for PSVR a full year after PSVR launch, on 10 October 2017; Skyrim was a month later, on 17 November, and Superhot only hit PSVR 3-1/2 months ago, on 28 February of this year. (Edit: nope, it came out 29 September 2017, despite what a Google search turned up. Should have looked at the PS Store page.)

Yep, apparently two high profile duds(Bravo Team, The Inpatient) are enough to make people completely oblivious to everything listed here, and shout PSVR DOOMED! from the rooftops.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017

Mate I was one of VR's biggest defenders, But yes they have release games steadily, Albeit broken ones that need patching like Ark Park etc. But this conference showed they have nothing while we wait for PC ports of games like horus station.

Either way this year has been lacklustre for me and friends. I also consider most of those title such you mentioned experiences for a feel go's and not actual games, nearly 3 years into PSVR's life and we're suppose to be thrilled at the likes of What they offer after the initial first year.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
So I played some Robinson. It went completely fine, so far. I turned it off after having scanned the first collectable in the starting area. I did feel a very slighy sense of vertigo in the main menu but it passed pretty quickly. Only gripes so far is the too slow walking speed, the way too fast turning speed (pie sucks), and no Move support which is odd considering the multitool you use xD

The PC version got patched with support for the Touch controllers or the Vive wands. This was before Skyrim VR (and after the awful Loading Human) so I guess they just didn't have much confidence in free locomotion without a dedicated thumbstick/trackpad.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Its not even just new AAA titles are missing as those take time to develop, they could've did ports/remasters like they did in the first few years of the ps4. They don't even give a fuck about non game content. There are VR rooms on my GearVR, nothing on ps4. No PS4 Netflix,or no updates so we can use the dedicated media player with more files. PSVR is the new Vita, an indie/low budget game machine. Which is ok I guess, I liked my Vita. But compared to what I can play on flat gaming, why buy any games for this. And VR turned me off of flat games.
So they keep announcing great looking games, stuff like Firewall, Blood & Truth, Déraciné, etc, but now you're saying you retroactively wanted more VR remasters? And... uh... media apps and stuff? And this is indicative enough of a Vita-like failure barely over one year in on PSVR? I'm just really not seeing your side of things on this. I think it's way too soon to claim something like that.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
So they keep announcing great looking games, stuff like Firewall, Blood & Truth, Déraciné, etc, but now you're saying you retroactively wanted more VR remasters? And... uh... media apps and stuff? And this is indicative enough of a Vita-like failure barely over one year in on PSVR? I'm just really not seeing your side of things on this. I think it's way too soon to claim something like that.
Blood & Truth was absent from E3 and wasnt that announced last e3? Firewall looks decent enough and Deracine isnt anywhere near release this year lets be honest. We are once again waiting for PC ports to fill that AA gap unless we want wave shooters or experience type games. The 3 VR channels i watch on youtube( polish paul, Without parole, seven degrees) all roughly said the same about Sony. It's not us being negative, It's just nowhere near the type of games/support we had on initial release and this E3 hasn't helped at all, Especially those who want VR to fail.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I've wanted media apps since I have had my GearVR. At least VR rooms or more stuff to do besides to play 4 hour games. They haven't shown anything for Blood and Truth, Firewall, or Déraciné. I have 0 hype for any of those until release because if PSVR has taught me anything, outside of Firewall those other games will be able to be beaten in 1 sitting. I bought about 20 -25 vr games that can be beaten in 1 sitting last year. I don't want to do that anymore, especially when you look at flat gaming and they are having a golden age of gaming at the moment.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Mate I was one of VR's biggest defenders, But yes they have release games steadily, Albeit broken ones that need patching like Ark Park etc. But this conference showed they have nothing while we wait for PC ports of games like horus station.
You keep using "we" when you mean you. I've got an impressive backlog of VR games, I've got games on my wish list that I haven't yet bought, and I'm still looking forward to games that are coming out in the future. Some of the latter may be games that came out on PC first, sure, but probably won't be Horus Station (not a fan of shooters - Farpoint is in my backlog because while it looks great I just don't enjoy most of the gameplay), which one should note was released all of two weeks ago, and is supposed to come out on PSVR this summer.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Blood & Truth was absent from E3 and wasnt that announced last e3? Firewall looks decent enough and Deracine isnt anywhere near release this year lets be honest. We are once again waiting for PC ports to fill that AA gap unless we want wave shooters or experience type games. The 3 VR channels i watch on youtube( polish paul, Without parole, seven degrees) all roughly said the same about Sony. It's not us being negative, It's just nowhere near the type of games/support we had on initial release and this E3 hasn't helped at all, Especially those who want VR to fail.
Blood & Truth was announced at Paris Games Week, so almost eight months ago. Déraciné is releasing in 2018. Says so right in the trailer and the official YouTube description. Besides that, there are other first party games like Astro Bots coming out this year and many titles that Sony is directly supporting like The Persistence and Starchild. In the future, we know Dreams is coming, Golem (while clearly struggling a bit) is coming, Impulse Gear (Farpoint) are developing a new VR FPS (possibly Farpoint 2), we know Sony have said they have multiple AIM controller games in development internally (one of those was Firewall) and that Keiichiro Toyama (Gravity Rush 2) would like to make a VR game. I'm really not seeing the concern yet. WipEout recently got full VR support, too. It's a bummer than Bravo Team and The Inpatient we're both so half baked, because by all odds those should have been big titles (I'm sure the financial investment wasn't small) but they ended up being awful in their own ways.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
not-so-stealth brag about my Polybius scores.. am i still no 1 global in 2 of 3 game modes, Pure and YOLO? ya'll should try to beat me mwahahahaa good luck

i really did play it so obsessively that i got some damn good scores, for some reason the game clicked better than pretty much any arcade-y game ever, for me. cannot sing its praises enough, it's unbelievably satisfying in VR.

and how about that soundtrack?? i went to buy it on bandcamp almost immediately, which i never do. i'll never forget some of those tunes (i'd link but on mobile so blah).

but there's one really shitty thing about the game, the hardest trophy is fucking glitched, no one can unlock it, so the Plat is impossible.... i checked a couple days ago for the 50th time and it's still not patched. i even e-mailed the dev about it last year and no response :(

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
You keep using "we" when you mean you. I've got an impressive backlog of VR games, I've got games on my wish list that I haven't yet bought, and I'm still looking forward to games that are coming out in the future. Some of the latter may be games that came out on PC first, sure, but probably won't be Horus Station (not a fan of shooters - Farpoint is in my backlog because while it looks great I just don't enjoy most of the gameplay), which one should note was released all of two weeks ago, and is supposed to come out on PSVR this summer.

When i say " we " i mean me and my VR friends who have PSVR from day 1 after we tried it and being blown away at EGX 2016, And all 4 of us talk daily and agree with what i have said. Not to mention i see the same opinions on youtube comments from the VR channels. We are lucky to be even getting PC ports, The games they announced like Tetris are not top tier games, They are inbetween experiences. Anyway it's all good and iv'e said enough about it, I have been there since day 1 and it's nowhere near the same level of quality games released as it was. Horus station proves my point, They get it first, We wait a few months after for a port which if Raw Data is anything to go by, We could get missing features.
Blood & Truth was announced at Paris Games Week, so almost eight months ago. Déraciné is releasing in 2018. Says so right in the trailer and the official YouTube description. Besides that, there are other first party games like Astro Bots coming out this year and many titles that Sony is directly supporting like The Persistence and Starchild. In the future, we know Dreams is coming, Golem (while clearly struggling a bit) is coming, Impulse Gear (Farpoint) are developing a new VR FPS (possibly Farpoint 2), we know Sony have said they have multiple AIM controller games in development internally (one of those was Firewall) and that Keiichiro Toyama (Gravity Rush 2) would like to make a VR game. I'm really not seeing the concern yet. WipEout recently got full VR support, too. It's a bummer than Bravo Team and The Inpatient we're both so half baked, because by all odds those should have been big titles (I'm sure the financial investment wasn't small) but they ended up being awful in their own ways.

Sony say alot, They said they had 30 games for spring which turned out to be a woeful admission of " games "... They can't help Ark park or Bravo Team being shoddy or Inpatient being a letdown, But where's their support for the big named games that make outsiders want a VR like RE7 did? Or Skyrim did?

I just think were (me and friends) starved this year of something to grab us back inside of VR, I'm hoping Gunheart is that game, Horus Station, Evasion, And whatever Seeking Dawn is upto. Even then their not Sony titles and will be/are already on on PCVR.