• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
VR is pretty niche and the retail market for video games in general is shrinking. With niche products, you pretty much need to shop online if you want a good selection. Retail stores will rightfully focus on more popular platforms. Physical PS VR games are often also in limited prints from indie publishers and they won't follow the same price drop pattern as Sony's own VR games.

Apex Construct's American version seems to be sold on Amazon Canada for less than $39 CAD which corresponds to about $30 USD. Sounds fairly reasonable and it has free shipping options available.

Wow... i wrote apex construct in amazon.ca and nothing shows..... thank for that hooo.. Just realise the auto translate the word in french.... that explain why i've never saw it.... Thank you amazon !! Thank for link for it's bought !

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
How do you all store your headset?
I currently just lay it on top of my Ps4, but that looks messy and I don't know if its all that good the Pro.
Any recommendations for stands or other tricks?
I disconnect it from the breakout box and store the headset across the room on a table, as I don't have space for it near the console.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is buying the Aim Controller (Bravo Team bundle) worth it just for Farpoint (Bravo Team is apparently shit and Im only gonna use it for Farpoint) for 75$? So simply, 75$ for the aim controller only for Farpoint.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking to get some better headphones which stay in my ears. Has anyone got any recommendations? I'd like a pair that goes over my head if possible. I have the V2 headset.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Currently playing a new PSVR game for review that is just...wow. Really cool. Can't wait to talk about it.

Can't you give us a hint? Like...
i-3WgJMgk.jpg

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Ok finally took out my psvr after almost a year of not using it. The smudges on the outer part of the lens is dry and won't come off with a microfiber cloth. Would a lenspen be my best bet?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Ok finally took out my psvr after almost a year of not using it. The smudges on the outer part of the lens is dry and won't come off with a microfiber cloth. Would a lenspen be my best bet?
I've got a lenspen but it doesn't do a good job. Use a lens cleaning wipe, or lens cleaning spray with your cloth.

I was really pissed off when I bought the lenspen because I was expecting it to be amazing, but it just made a mess.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Played a fair amount of Firewall with the trial this weekend. Enjoyed myself enough to buy it for the sale price.

Anyone know if there's a big community Discord for it? Seems like the type of game you want to party up for.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if there's a separate thread for troubleshooting but:

Last night while playing Tetris Effect in VR mode my ps4 shut itself off and wouldn't power back on. After messing around with it for a while I got it to boot again and have been trying to do some troubleshooting. It boots fine now, runs fine in the menu and all that, but whenever I start VR mode for any game it dies, then I have to unplug from the wall to restart. Anyone else have any issues like this? Seems to only be happening in VR mode. Tried new cables, plugging directly into wall instead of power strip, unplugging all peripherals from console except VR, and I'm currently reformatting as a last ditch effort. I'm on an OG Darth Vader edition PS4.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Embargo just lifted so I can say that A Fisherman's Tale is one of the most creative PSVR puzzlers I've played, with some really neat visuals to boot.

My only caveat is that it's very short - only about 2 hours - but it's definitely worth a punt if the price is right (it still hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge).

Here's my full write-up if anyone's interested - https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/01/video-game-review-a-fishermans-tale/

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Embargo just lifted so I can say that A Fisherman's Tale is one of the most creative PSVR puzzlers I've played, with some really neat visuals to boot.

My only caveat is that it's very short - only about 2 hours - but it's definitely worth a punt if the price is right (it still hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge).

Here's my full write-up if anyone's interested - https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/01/video-game-review-a-fishermans-tale/
Great review! That just made me buy the game.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Hi, looking to see if anyone has any tips/help. All of a sudden my launch headset has what looks like a black pepper flake in the field of view of the right lense? I tried a 10min pixel unlocker and it is definitely not on the the outside? Any ideas? Or am I out of luck.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

I expect Astrobot was low because it was bundled so heavily.

Neat! I have all ten of those games. I also double-dipped on all of the non-Sony VR games (except Skyrim... for now) when I got a gaming PC and Oculus Rift. I've yet to try cross-play with Star Trek. I do wonder if I own the game on both systems, if I won't be able to do it due to the U-Play account being the same on both.

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Plus 70$ shipping to Spain. :) Still, probably worth being on the lookout for one of these, for those of you in the US!

hehe, well of course you would have to find an european seller :D it's a big box anyways so shipping can be expensive. I think i got mine from when Zavvi was clearing them out of their warehouse.

Anyhoo, any 1:1 sized head-bust will do and the Terminator one is quite sturdy and also bald, so it's easy to use :D Can probably see in the photo too but it also holds my gaming headset.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/24/...hanks-to-psvr-oculus-quest-will-be-2019s-hit/

SuperData: VR grew 30% in 2018 thanks to PSVR, Oculus Quest will be 2019's hit
According to SuperData's Q4 2018 XR market report, Sony's PlayStation VRbecame the market leader during the holiday quarter, selling 700,000 units — the largest number of headsets sold across any category. By contrast, the standalone Oculus Go sold 555,000 units, with the PC-tethered Oculus Rift and HTC Vive selling 160,000 and 130,000 headsets, respectively.

I helped!

Omerta

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
A poster on here recommended turning the screen brightness down in "Settings/Devices/PSVR" a while ago as a way to reduce eye-strain.

Sorry, I can't remember your name but THANKYOU!

I played the longest VR session I've done in ages last night. Truthfully, I stopped using it because of how it made my eyes feel but I'll definitely be using it more now :)

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
A poster on here recommended turning the screen brightness down in "Settings/Devices/PSVR" a while ago as a way to reduce eye-strain.

Sorry, I can't remember your name but THANKYOU!

I played the longest VR session I've done in ages last night. Truthfully, I stopped using it because of how it made my eyes feel but I'll definitely be using it more now :)
I've been telling people this (so probably me) but barely anyone listens or believes me. 😂

It helps a little with nausea as well, as does removing the light shield.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
I think that after months of hesitation I will just risk it and buy PSVR this March finally as a birthday present for me (especially since this year there are not too many games that interest me so this may be a good year to do it). I still have a lot of doubts that I hope will turn out to be non-issue (the accessory is still quite expensive though it did come down in price quite a bit).

Those things are (and sorry if they came out in this thread a lot):
- I will have a huge motion sickness that will prevent me from playing it (i get sick in a bus quite easily)
- picture quality will be just too poor for me to enjoy it (I am sensitive about this)
- my room is simply too small to use it comfortably (though it helps that I learnt that camera can be anywhere so I can try a few things - question about that below)
- turning it on will be cumbersome and will prevent me from playing. I will need to unplug it every time and put into the box as I have a small kid (and that's why I will be only able to play once he goes to sleep)

So yeah, a lot of doubts and issues that it can probably just not work for me and that prevented me from jumping in earlier. But at the same time, I am a huge gadgets fan and I love new technologies (and obviously VR was something I dreamt of since childhood), so I am finally prepared to risk it even though I have no place where I could actually tried it (I only tried VR with Google Cardboard and it was a very disappointing experience).

Ok, so my complaining section is over (those are just concerns really) :) now for the question.

How long is the PS Camera cable? Is it possible to buy some extension if it turns out too short?

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think that after months of hesitation I will just risk it and buy PSVR this March finally as a birthday present for me (especially since this year there are not too many games that interest me so this may be a good year to do it). I still have a lot of doubts that I hope will turn out to be non-issue (the accessory is still quite expensive though it did come down in price quite a bit).

- I will have a huge motion sickness that will prevent me from playing it (i get sick in a bus quite easily)
- picture quality will be just too poor for me to enjoy it (I am sensitive about this)
- my room is simply too small to use it comfortably (though it helps that I learnt that camera can be anywhere so I can try a few things - question about that below)
- turning it on will be cumbersome and will prevent me from playing. I will need to unplug it every time and put into the box as I have a small kid (and that's why I will be only able to play once he goes to sleep)

So yeah, a lot of doubts and issues that it can probably just not work for me and that prevented me from jumping in earlier. But at the same time, I am a huge gadgets fan and I love new technologies (and obviously VR was something I dreamt of since childhood), so I am finally prepared to risk it even though I have no place where I could actually tried it (I only tried VR with Google Cardboard and it was a very disappointing experience).

Ok, so my complaining section is over (those are just concerns really) :) now for the question.

How long is the PS Camera cable? Is it possible to buy some extension if it turns out too short?

The cable is super long. Official information says it's 14.4 feet (4.4m) long, which sounds about right. It mentions something about an extension cable but mine is one piece, perhaps this is outdated information about V1 (remember to get an V2 headset!).

Where do you live? There just might be someone here that lives close by and can let you give PSVR a try!

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
The cable is super long. Official information says it's 14.4 feet (4.4m) long, which sounds about right. It mentions something about an extension cable but mine is one piece, perhaps this is outdated information about V1 (remember to get an V2 headset!).

Where do you live? There just might be someone here that lives close by and can let you give PSVR a try!

Hmm, do you mean the camera cable or the headset cable length? I'm not worried about the headset, more about the camera. I could put it on a table in front of me instead of under / over the TV (as my setup is that I cannot sit directly in front of the TV unfortunately unless it's very close to it). That's why I thought of putting it on a table or cupboard in front of me and just sit opposite. Though I heard that the camera cable is just 2m (6.5 feet) so that's too short for me. I'd need it to be about twice as long so it is not stretched as some kind of Home Alone style contraption. I found that there is some extension cable on Amazon, but from the comments it looks like it does not work (either at all or breaks connection at times) for some of buyers.

When I buy it, I will still probably find a way to set it up. Though I'd wish I could avoid some cumbersome chair in the middle of a room that I need to bring every time that I need to play or moving a lot of furnitures around. I guess the cabling is a huge obstacle right now. And I also don't like Sony for being Sony and using some kind of proprietary cable for camera :( I thought this is something that they left behind.

And I live in Poland. None of my friends has PSVR unfortunately and I was looking at store around and I also never seen a demo set up in stores near me (though I admit that I rarely go to stores these days).

I may be overthinking all of this, but I almost bought it at least 3 times and every time all those thoughts hold me back, even though I also feel like this may be something that I'll love.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

"- I will have a huge motion sickness that will prevent me from playing it (i get sick in a bus quite easily)"
I have motion sickness too, but the more you play it, the more you'll get used to it. At first, stay away from the movement-heavy games, like some of the games in VR Worlds (like Scavengers Odyssey and VR Luge). I advise you to take Ginger based pills or other products. It helps with the motion sickness.

"- picture quality will be just too poor for me to enjoy it (I am sensitive about this)"
It depends on the game. Wait till you try Astro Bot... ;)

"- turning it on will be cumbersome and will prevent me from playing. I will need to unplug it every time and put into the box as I have a small kid"
You just need to unplug the headset from the breakout box to store it. You can just leave the breakout box (and the camera) on top of your PS4.

In short, I was also kind of unsure if I would enjoy VR, but I'm so glad I took the jump! PSVR is a comfortable, cheap gateway for you to enjoy VR. You'll have a blast, believe me!

Omerta

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Hmm, do you mean the camera cable or the headset cable length? I'm not worried about the headset, more about the camera. I could put it on a table in front of me instead of under / over the TV (as my setup is that I cannot sit directly in front of the TV unfortunately unless it's very close to it). That's why I thought of putting it on a table or cupboard in front of me and just sit opposite. Though I heard that the camera cable is just 2m (6.5 feet) so that's too short for me. I'd need it to be about twice as long so it is not stretched as some kind of Home Alone style contraption. I found that there is some extension cable on Amazon, but from the comments it looks like it does not work (either at all or breaks connection at times) for some of buyers.

When I buy it, I will still probably find a way to set it up. Though I'd wish I could avoid some cumbersome chair in the middle of a room that I need to bring every time that I need to play or moving a lot of furnitures around. I guess the cabling is a huge obstacle right now. And I also don't like Sony for being Sony and using some kind of proprietary cable for camera :( I thought this is something that they left behind.

And I live in Poland. None of my friends has PSVR unfortunately and I was looking at store around and I also never seen a demo set up in stores near me (though I admit that I rarely go to stores these days).

I may be overthinking all of this, but I almost bought it at least 3 times and every time all those thoughts hold me back, even though I also feel like this may be something that I'll love.

I've been using an extension cable for over a year with absolutely no problem whatsoever.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
In short, I was also kind of unsure if I would enjoy VR, but I'm so glad I took the jump! PSVR is a comfortable, cheap gateway for you to enjoy VR. You'll have a blast, believe me!

Cool, thanks for replying. Yeah, I also think that it is more likely that I will love it than that I'll hate it. I haven't seen too many disappointed messages after someone already bought it. It helps that there's a lot of positivity in this thread as well :)

I've been using an extension cable for over a year with absolutely no problem whatsoever.

Thank you. It's good to know that there is this option then if needed.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow

I'm also very susceptible to motion sickness and I haven't had many problems with PSVR. There are some games I can't play (Wipeout and Ultrawings with all the comfort settings off make me nauseous almost instantly) but there's plenty of others which don't give me any problems at all.

I have two small kids and it really hasn't been a problem. I just unplug the headset when I'm not using it and keep it somewhere out of reach. You can leave the breakout box and all the other stuff attached.