• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Solus is a great game, well the middle of it is great but has a very poor start, and the ending is a bit meh. I almost sacked it off until a dev pointed a few things out to me and gave it another chance.
Agreed, struggled at first but then really enjoyed the exploration and survival in the weird alien world.

Well share the secret sauce if you got it! I was early in, I think I just kept freezing to death while I slept. This was about 6 months ago so I'm not sure. I know I spent a half an hour trying to figure it out before I said eff it!

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Well share the secret sauce if you got it! I was early in, I think I just kept freezing to death while I slept. This was about 6 months ago so I'm not sure. I know I spent a half an hour trying to figure it out before I said eff it!
Two tips:
You have to find the warmest spot in a cave, or go next to the exhaust of the spaceship engine.
Food shouldn't be too hard, use crafting and explore to find stuff.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, Tetris Effect is addicting. Bought it now that it is (was?) 25% on sale.

It's not a game everyone will found spectular or immersive, but it is it for me.

The effects and sounds makes the minutes fly away.

Also played a bit of Farpoint with the Aim controller that arrived with Firewall bundle (haven't played Firewall yet though). Really like it.

I have a shitload of untouched games for my PC (Rift) that Ive bought the past 2-3 weeks after receing my Rift 3 weeks ago. Yet I can't stop playing Tetris Effect in VR lol.

I love Puyo Tetris, got it on my Switch, but Tetris Effect feels so much better.

Last edited:

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Gotta say, Tetris Effect is addicting. Bought it now that it is (was?) 25% on sale.

It's not a game everyone will found spectacular or immersive, but it is it for me.

The effects and sounds make the minutes fly away.

Also played a bit of Farpoint with the Aim controller that arrived with Firewall bundle (haven't played Firewall yet though). Really like it.

I have a shitload of untouched games for my PC (Rift) that I've bought the past 2-3 weeks after receiving my Rift 3 weeks ago. Yet I can't stop playing Tetris Effect in VR lol.

I love Puyo Tetris, got it on my Switch, but Tetris Effect feels so much better.

Yeap I played the demo for hours and I was like you know what maybe 26$ is not so bad for this game lol
Really enjoying my time with it

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
In a recent Game Informer interview Shawn Layden talked a bit about PSVR and it looks like they're in it for the long haul:

With some of our technology pieces, I think PSVR is a very exciting space for us to be. They talk about first mover advantage? I'm sure there is another word about first mover that doesn't have the word advantage in it, but we are pioneers. We aren't good followers. I think we're better leaders. And with PSVR, what I like about it… there have been very few times in my career – and I have been working in technology since the late '80s – when you get to be part of a truly 1.0 experience.

The problem is nowadays, people's expectations and spans are so short. Now it's, "Oh! PSVR, that's great! When is it going to be this size?" I try to put into context for people and I say, "Remember that funny Nokia phone that had that ringtone that we all had back in the day? You can't look at that Nokia phone and look at your smartphone and see how you got to there." By the same token, you look at PSVR right now, none of us are going to be able to imagine what it will look like 10 years from now, but the change will be that dramatic. You can't get to 5.0 until you do 1.0. It's just the nature of the thing.

This is so true, PSVR is just the start and VR tech will be and already is moving fast, PSVR2 will be glorious!

We're working with PSVR and trying to get people to understand that, we wanted to make the easiest-to-adopt VR kit. If you have a PS4, you're in. You just need the headset. Super comfortable. Easy to put on, easy to take off. Maybe we could have reduced some of the wires a bit. I will say that.

Maybe one less wire.

PSVR2 wireless confirmed!! Just kidding, kinda.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2019/02/11/shawn-layden-on-playstation-and-the-future

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one less wire.
Well, there are two wires right now, so...... XD

eakee.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I actually got more sick from seeing They Shall Not Grow Old in a theater last week than I have from VR since 2016.

Oct 28, 2017
@Joystick @EvanSquared @foolishoptimist

i read lots of suggestions bout reducing sickness in RE7 , like smooth camera instead of angle one , disabling comfort mode or make it on auto, increase camera speed or slow it down , showing the white boarders on screen or not... play standing or while sitting down ....

anyways, yesterday was my 2nd time of playing re7 on vr , i started directly with it without playing anything before , after trying those sittings i didnt find my comfort zone yet, and the max i did was almost 1 hr of playing before my stomach started to feeling squeezed and my legs became weak .

i stopped playing by then, but still not satisfied with my performance and weakness , i read i can take sickness pills before playing to last longer , but i dont want to develop an addiction for this

@afrodubs
thanx, i'll check the topic

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017

Well in the next gen thread a possibly credible source has said that we will be looking at USB 3.2/3.1 ports for PS5, the 3.2 port capable of video and data comms over the same cable. Whether or not it can carry enough power for the screen is another thing (mabe USB3 can - I have no idea) but it could mean one thin cable instead of two thick - if they choose to still go with wired which I think they will as wireless is likely too expensive (unless they have an optional PSVR2 Pro or add-on wireless unit).

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Well in the next gen thread a possibly credible source has said that we will be looking at USB 3.2/3.1 ports for PS5, the 3.2 port capable of video and data comms over the same cable. Whether or not it can carry enough power for the screen is another thing (mabe USB3 can - I have no idea) but it could mean one thin cable instead of two thick - if they choose to still go with wired which I think they will as wireless is likely too expensive (unless they have an optional PSVR2 Pro or add-on wireless unit).

Thanks, yeah that'd already be a nice upgrade from the thick PSVR cables and no VR box thingy inbetween will also be welcome. I honestly don't expect wireless either, would be a very neat thing to have though, but for me higher res/FOV and eye tracking/foveated rendering are far more important features and Sony obviously needs to keep the costs as low as possible.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I wish psvr2 had some front camera that let me see what's in around me when I'm wearing my headset. as of now, when I put on my headset, I still have to search around blindly a sec for my controller or had to slide the headse forward and try to look around from the bottom of my headset.

I wish it had some AR mode that just show me what the front camera see.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
So Borderlands VR is good. Pretty much how I imagined it would be (even tho it took a while to get used to controls etc). I like how it plays but is there anyway to make it a bit more difficult?

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
@Joystick @EvanSquared @foolishoptimist

i read lots of suggestions bout reducing sickness in RE7 , like smooth camera instead of angle one , disabling comfort mode or make it on auto, increase camera speed or slow it down , showing the white boarders on screen or not... play standing or while sitting down ....

anyways, yesterday was my 2nd time of playing re7 on vr , i started directly with it without playing anything before , after trying those sittings i didnt find my comfort zone yet, and the max i did was almost 1 hr of playing before my stomach started to feeling squeezed and my legs became weak .

i stopped playing by then, but still not satisfied with my performance and weakness , i read i can take sickness pills before playing to last longer , but i dont want to develop an addiction for this

@afrodubs
thanx, i'll check the topic

My set up was:
Free movement.
No comfort mode.
Camera speed fast (not all up but more than the middle)
I also used to move my head every time I turn in the game, it helped a lot.
If I did a 180° turn I closed my eyes in that fraction of second.(i use this trick for any VR game when there is a particular movement or thing that make me feel unconfortable, like RIGS when you die and are throw in the sky)
That's all I think... I could play for 1h without problems, 2h my limit of comfort but without feeling sick, just tired... I mean in RE7 happen a lot of things, and VR can be tirying after some time of play.
I also played in VR the mode where you have to survive the hordes...but after finishing the game, so I was accustomed to it by that time. I admit that at the end of it I was really really tired, but the tension was incredible and it was like playing a super action game for so long... lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this posted on the PSVR subreddit:

q83nb9cocyf21.jpg

Ooooo.

This combined with Shawn Layden's comments it seems that PSVR will be sticking around. To the ire of some on this forum.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooo.

This combined with Shawn Layden's comments it seems that PSVR will be sticking around. To the ire of some on this forum.

Some of them will make a 180 degree turn as soon as MS or Nintendo enter the VR market on their consoles, others will do the same if prices go down enough and resolution is close enough to the perceived image quality of a 1080p TV. But untill then, the bitching will continue ;)

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017

q83nb9cocyf21.jpg

Ooooo.

Glad they are seemingly continuing with VR. It's been such an evolution in gaming to me and I'm excited to see what the future holds. Would be nice if the current headset could be backwards compatible with PS5 while adding new motion controls. Maybe the PSVR2 headset could be more of a PS4 / PS4 Pro upgrade?

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope this is the right thread, but had some questions about Skyrim PSVR that I'm unable to find online...
Do you see your character when creating them?
Is there a 3rd person view also?
Also, does this have a blood/gore option/toggle at all?

Just curious how much it's been updated since launch...

Thanks in advance!

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Hope this is the right thread, but had some questions about Skyrim PSVR that I'm unable to find online...
Do you see your character when creating them?
You see them during creation, and then never again throughout the rest of the game. So it's kind of pointless.
Is there a 3rd person view also?
Nope.
Also, does this have a blood/gore option/toggle at all?
Not that I remember.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone perhaps know what is going on with Playstation Move controllers? At least in Europe, don't know what's the situation like in the US.

They've been sold out everywhere since I bought my PSVR 2 weeks ago (Amazon has info that they will be available on 12th March, but this is just a placeholder date that is a calculated month from now). I even was thinking about buying used ones, but these are either sold by shops and not by individual users and from my experience 'good condition' for them usually means "scratched as all hell, but the light shows up when we connected them for a second". Even then they are priced like the new ones were a month ago and I'm not willing to pay the same price for a used items as for a brand new one.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Does anyone perhaps know what is going on with Playstation Move controllers? At least in Europe, don't know what's the situation like in the US.

They've been sold out everywhere since I bought my PSVR 2 weeks ago (Amazon has info that they will be available on 12th March, but this is just a placeholder date that is a calculated month from now). I even was thinking about buying used ones, but these are either sold by shops and not by individual users and from my experience 'good condition' for them usually means "scratched as all hell, but the light shows up when we connected them for a second". Even then they are priced like the new ones were a month ago and I'm not willing to pay the same price for a used items as for a brand new one.

It's been like this, at least in the UK, for months. Occasionally some place or other will get a few in stock and they sell out instantly.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

q83nb9cocyf21.jpg

Ooooo.

Don't get too excited over patents. If you see it now, it was filed a few years ago.

I work with Canadian Patent examiners. This is how I know this.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is that true for updates also? This one has had a few updates iirc.

This gives us an indication of some ideas Sony are looking at for VR down the road though.
An update to a patent would probably just be a new patent. But I'm not an examiner myself. I just advise them on communications stuff. So I do get to learn about bits and parts. (Also help that I've been with the Canadian IP office since 2007)

Might be difference between Canada and US too. Most patents don't become publicly visible until whatever they're for as already been in market for a while though.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Man feels like months since posted here or played my PSVR, Really need that big game feel again in the Skyrim/RE7 mould! What's the latest with Seeking Dawn? Suppose to come in December, I like the look of Eden so might get that to fill a gap.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Had my parents over for dinner tonight. Was making sous vide steak so had some time to kill. Told them to "try something in the basement". Needless to say they were skeptical. Had Beat Saber cues up when they came down, my mom (68yrs old) was like "what in the world is that" when she saw the headset. 5 min later after set up and 1 song of beat saber "THAT IS SO FUN". Hooked up my dad for two songs, he unprovoked moved to regular vs easy mode on his own lol. Didn't do well but was having a blast. Then I had him play wipeout, I don't think he's ever used an analog control so that took a whole race just to figure it out but then he hit "race again" and was staying in the middle pretty well and LOVED it. After that had my mom do an Olympic video from an app and they think it's just the coolest thing.

Awesome. Exactly why I got this thing. Seeing new experiences and even though the headset itself silos you from the world I can share it with people.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Man feels like months since posted here or played my PSVR, Really need that big game feel again in the Skyrim/RE7 mould! What's the latest with Seeking Dawn? Suppose to come in December, I like the look of Eden so might get that to fill a gap.

Eden is so mixed because it looks fun and great but it doesn't have great gameplay and is repetitive. People either love it or hate it. Xing is pretty awesome but it's a very relaxing, exploration type with a lot of puzzles and secrets, but wow it looks amazing. Chromagun next week, be on the lookout for that as well.

Two tips:
You have to find the warmest spot in a cave, or go next to the exhaust of the spaceship engine.
Food shouldn't be too hard, use crafting and explore to find stuff.

There's also a little spherical device you can place one of the red light Crystals or White light Crystals in and it will make either a heat source or cooling source. Heat is probably the best one to make first so you can roam around outside at night and stay warm.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to satisfy you - but have you tried Ace Combat(there's a demo on the JP PSN)? It's really great. Can't help thinking what might've been if the full campaign supported it.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Eden is so mixed because it looks fun and great but it doesn't have great gameplay and is repetitive. People either love it or hate it. Xing is pretty awesome but it's a very relaxing, exploration type with a lot of puzzles and secrets, but wow it looks amazing. Chromagun next week, be on the lookout for that as well.

It's not going to satisfy you - but have you tried Ace Combat(there's a demo on the JP PSN)? It's really great. Can't help thinking what might've been if the full campaign supported it.

Cheers guys, Yeah i got AC7( Awesome but needs more VR missions ).... I just miss the feeling of escapism only VR can give, So i'm gonna get Eden Tommorow as it's cheap and seems to offer that.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I may have found a solution for my control issues when using the Move controllers.

By instinct, I would normally turn on the controller on my right hand first, followed by my left. I realized that the system will recognize the first Move controller turned on as the "left" controller regardless of where you're holding it. This has resulted in me having to switch the controllers around in my hand, since a game like Mage's Tale indicates the problem with the reversed on-screen hands.

I was wondering that this was the cause for the wonky controller responses, even if you do swap your hands. I tried it just a minute ago, making sure to hit the controllers in order, and things felt a bit more responsive.

Am I onto something here?

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up to anyone that uses the LittlStar PSVR app. I got an email saying they're going to charge a subscription fee for features that were free before, starting March 1st. I did a search in this topic and didn't see anything.
https://littlstar.com/premium
I can't blame them in the slightest, especially if they're adding UPnP support with custom environments like Plex should have been doing years ago.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Heads up to anyone that uses the LittlStar PSVR app. I got an email saying they're going to charge a subscription fee for features that were free before, starting March 1st. I did a search in this topic and didn't see anything.
A monthly fee to access your own content on USB. This is not worth it, but there is no other choice. Why hasn't another media player company player stepped up yet?

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017

LOL they must be quite aware that everyone uses LittlStar for sideloading VR porn and now they're going to start charging for it. Amazing.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
A monthly fee to access your own content on USB. This is not worth it, but there is no other choice. Why hasn't another media player company player stepped up yet?

I wonder if Sony is going to react to this turn of events at all. I mean, this could be THEIR money, or an addition to PS+ or a special VR PS+ feature, since they could easily just patch the current OS to allow USB playback. But they didn't, and now another company is making some extra money off functionality they were reluctant to include.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're having meetings about this now, to discuss the viability, because if Sony patches this functionality in, then LittleStar is basically screwed on this.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure it does support playing 180 & 360 videos from usb, you press options and VR mode.
I believe you're right, the downside is the Sony media player won't do 3D videos, especially not 3D VR videos. Makes it impracticable for porn except for people that are really into giants or have monocular vision. Note that the blu-ray player will play back 3D blu-rays, but I doubt it'll do 180 or 360 vr blu-rays if they even exist.

I wonder if Sony is going to react to this turn of events at all. I mean, this could be THEIR money, or an addition to PS+ or a special VR PS+ feature, since they could easily just patch the current OS to allow USB playback. But they didn't, and now another company is making some extra money off functionality they were reluctant to include.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're having meetings about this now, to discuss the viability, because if Sony patches this functionality in, then LittleStar is basically screwed on this.
I suspect Sony's okay with losing that money as long as PSVR doesn't get a reputation for being a porn outlet. If it's LittlStar doing it, it doesn't make a lot of news outside of special interest sites. Sony adding that kind of functionality will get mentioned in much larger news outlets. I also feel like Sony doesn't want to step on third-party toes too much yet in the VR world.

I could see Sony adding a VR theater for blu-ray playback. It wouldn't step on any toes since afaik Sony's the only possible provider for blu-ray playback on the PS4, and I think they could make a few bucks selling environments. It might even help improve the sensation of 3D on 3D blu-rays, which seems lacking currently.

Plex are the ones that need to be freaking out about this. They've already got a VR client for mobile that looks fun, complete with watching stuff with friends online, but their 2D PS4 client has been a buggy mess and/or woefully out of date for a long time. I doubt they'll want to say anything about a PSVR client until the regular one is more stable.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the PSVR reddit i'm Honestly surprised at how hostile users are towards the developers of Littlstar.

Going from their statement it looks like they want to improve the app significantly but can't do it for free. I see no problem with that.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
i played re7 for the 3rd time , and this time it was amazing
i played standing , and used my body movement to look around instead of using right analog , i felt better and didnt get any stomachache for 1hr , it came later but it was simple and not hard like before

im amazed that most of the times i get camera msg of being out of bound , to find out myself moved away from the coverage area without awareness

the bad thing that all this happened at my friend's , while at my home i dont have that space at all and all my set up is on the ground ... so idk if it's gonna work out or not , and i was planning to play all my games sitting down even if i miss some of the experience , but now i believe that it's meant to be played standing except for the games that mostly are driving....