• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA

We prefer the darkness..hissssss.

Yes I played/beat RE7 it's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Scariest part
the little child's room
that was PT levels of fear for me.

So I'm hearing good things about The Wizards.

It's like $22 (23?) right now but apparently the game is only 2 hours?

I'm more hesitant to actually get it now.

I wasn't expecting a 10+ hour game, but 2 hours is really short.

I used the fate cards to make it harder, but was more like 4 hours (didnt really die still) and then has the arena mode. I think $22 is justified, but don't expect deep RPG elements or story. Just some pretty Worlds and fun combat.

If you all want to be really wowed that's gonna be Xing or Borderlands 2 with AIM. Of course new beat saber songs should be nice as well.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I used the fate cards to make it harder, but was more like 4 hours (didnt really die still) and then has the arena mode. I think $22 is justified, but don't expect deep RPG elements or story. Just some pretty Worlds and fun combat.

How'd you like it overall? I still haven't bought mage's tale either. And Wizards is $30 here in Canada. ($40 for Mage's) Gotta get back to Xing but been busy with the March games. Looking forward to some time with those two mage games though.

np

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Mann I can't find move controllers anywhere in the UK. I just want to play beat sabre.

Any ideas? Is there supposed to be new models coming out or something and that's why they aren't being restocked?

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Mann I can't find move controllers anywhere in the UK. I just want to play beat sabre.

Any ideas? Is there supposed to be new models coming out or something and that's why they aren't being restocked?

Have you tried some brick & mortar shops that sell used shit? In my local shop I could've bought used sets with the PS3 camera and a move controller for 10 to 20.- Swiss bucks during the last couple weeks.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looking at stock trackers they seem to be out of stock everywhere. If I remember correctly Shopto have a back order system for them so might be worth using that. Alternatively might be worth checking out CEX or similar stores if walking past them.

This has been the same issue in the UK since launch of the headset. Sony should do something that lets people get them directly from them.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they are holding off on production of Moves as new Move controllers are being worked on with a view to introducing them soon?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
For sure no new moves this gen imo.

I am curious about the PS5 camera and maybe we get also new moves at PS5 launch which are compatible with PSVR and PSVR2.

I feel like there will be a PS5 Camera (for streams) but the PSVR2 headset won't require it. They will probably move to the new method of the inside-out(?) tracking.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to find a cheap physical copy of Eagle Flight on craiglist.... I've never heard about it other then that Ubisoft logo....

My god after 4 hours this game is a must have, i've never heard anybody mention here, sure it's repetitive structure like any open world Ubisoft game, but wow that flying feeling and the game is super hard on expert mission (stuck on G-H one i think). I can't recommanded it enough !

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
How'd you like it overall? I still haven't bought mage's tale either. And Wizards is $30 here in Canada. ($40 for Mage's) Gotta get back to Xing but been busy with the March games. Looking forward to some time with those two mage games though.

np

I enjoyed it overall, both Wizards and MT more than eden, dick wild 2, summer funland, etc. They kind of do what the other one doesn't. MT is story driven, long, and detailed, but Wizards has better combat, graphics, and variety, just shorter and has a few bugs, no story, and is more like a polished arcade style game while MT is a proper dungeon crawler.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was able to find a cheap physical copy of Eagle Flight on craiglist.... I've never heard about it other then that Ubisoft logo....

My god after 4 hours this game is a must have, i've never heard anybody mention here, sure it's repetitive structure like any open world Ubisoft game, but wow that flying feeling and the game is super hard on expert mission (stuck on G-H one i think). I can't recommanded it enough !

Not everybody feels the same, but totally agree. Took a chance and really enjoyed it, was like playing an Eagle on a nature show hah, of course more fiction thrown in to make it interesting. Was the first game that looked absolutely stunning at a distance graphically when I had my OG PS4

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed it overall, both Wizards and MT more than eden, dick wild 2, summer funland, etc. They kind of do what the other one doesn't. MT is story driven, long, and detailed, but Wizards has better combat, graphics, and variety, just shorter and has a few bugs, no story, and is more like a polished arcade style game while MT is a proper dungeon crawler.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely buy those whenever time allows it.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley

Have you flown with other people? If not, add me on PSN ( xenorevlis ) and I'll fly with ya! It's an amazing game, for sure. And one of Ubi's cross play games.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is another one that deserves a lot of love. Basically a random mission generator, as well as premade missions, where you and some folks can just be silly or full-on role play. I love it.

Don't sleep on PSVR multiplayer. It can be just as amazing as single player experiences, when suddenly you and someone else are in the Arizona heat mowing down zombies.

There are some MMO / co-op RPG games coming to PSVR this year, too!

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

It's far from my favourite game on PSVR, but I did have a lot of fun with it when it was first released. Back then there was at least some multiplayer activity, and dogfighting along the narrow streets of Paris was a lot of fun.

If you like flying in VR, both Ultrawings and Rush VR are absolutely worth a look.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
It's far from my favourite game on PSVR, but I did have a lot of fun with it when it was first released. Back then there was at least some multiplayer activity, and dogfighting along the narrow streets of Paris was a lot of fun.

If you like flying in VR, both Ultrawings and Rush VR are absolutely worth a look.

I second UltraWIngs its basically a more serious version of Pilotwings 64. I love the immersion in this game.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Apart from Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, are there any rail shooters or shooting galleries of a more "traditional game" gameplay structure. What I mean is something with maybe a light story, stages or a scenery which changes, enemies which are zombies/spaceships/robots/robbers rather than ducks and cardboard cutouts plus maybe some epic bosses. Thinking Time Crisis, Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead and such. Something that feels like an adventure.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had a bit of motion sickness from RE7 yesterday when I started, do you guys change anything in the settings to try and deal with it?

I tried changing the camera from the angles to continious and it was a bad decision, it makes it worse.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
I had a bit of motion sickness from RE7 yesterday when I started, do you guys change anything in the settings to try and deal with it?

I tried changing the camera from the angles to continious and it was a bad decision, it makes it worse.
My only suggestion would be to adjust the increments of the snap turning. I usually don't get motion sick in VR, but the continuous movement made me ill as well. The default snap turning worked well for me.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'm with you, I've tried RE7, Moss, Tetris Effect, Wipe Out etc. and none of them were anywhere near as good IMO.

It's the only game that has truly felt next-gen for me.

I disagree but experiencing a next gen game before the generation even starts is pretty fucking huge. Even if it's just one game. I honestly felt that all those games you mentioned felt a generation ahead of ps4/xbox one.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My only suggestion would be to adjust the increments of the snap turning. I usually don't get motion sick in VR, but the continuous movement made me ill as well. The default snap turning worked well for me.

after playing super hot, tetris and wipeout it was kind of weird how this one behaves in VR, it moves a little bit weirdly, then again, it was one of the first VR things

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
after playing super hot, tetris and wipeout it was kind of weird how this one behaves in VR, it moves a little bit weirdly, then again, it was one of the first VR things

The other games you mention are either stationary, cockpit oriented or reads your actual movement. RE7 is a first person game with full locomotion, and those games makes almost everybody a bit sick at first.

Most people get used to it after a while. Play for short durations and stop if you feel yourself starting to become sick. Don't try to force yourself through it, it will only make things worse.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The other games you mention are either stationary, cockpit oriented or reads your actual movement. RE7 is a first person game with full locomotion, and those games makes almost everybody a bit sick at first.

Most people get used to it after a while. Play for short durations and stop if you feel yourself starting to become sick. Don't try to force yourself through it, it will only make things worse.

yeah i did that at first, became much better after a while, I'll come back to day for some more, there are some really interesing views with VR.

There are even some cheats that can be done, like sticking your head out of things to see things that cannot be seen in normal gameplay, I love that.

Oct 28, 2017
Apart from Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, are there any rail shooters or shooting galleries of a more "traditional game" gameplay structure. What I mean is something with maybe a light story, stages or a scenery which changes, enemies which are zombies/spaceships/robots/robbers rather than ducks and cardboard cutouts plus maybe some epic bosses. Thinking Time Crisis, Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead and such. Something that feels like an adventure.
Man, Time Crisis really needs a revival with VR. The cover mechanic would be PERFECT for VR.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing I've played fits that bill, but I got the impression Archangel was along those lines. Possibly Dick Wilde 2?

It sounds like Raw Data has some variety to the environments, but you have to handle movement.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Archangel does fit that bill. The problem with rail shooters with movement is that the nausea factor is upped when people don't have control of their own movement; thus the many, many turret wave shooters in VR, which just cut out movement entirely. Even Astro Bots, with its very slow movement, has been known to give people nausea. Rush Of Blood and Archangel get around that by having "cockpits" - the roller coaster car on the former and the mech in the latter.

I would love to see a VR port of Dead Space: Extraction, one of the real overlooked gems of the Wii library (later ported to the PS3 w/ Move support). It's almost unique in that it's a very good rail shooter with a very good story.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, peeps. I've added a couple of Archangel reviews to my "Watch Later" list. Looks very promising. I was hoping to see Time Crisis and House of the Dead for PSVR since both got ported to the PS3 with PlayStation Move features but it never happened. I guess that bit about motion sickness is true sadly. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood with dual-wielded Moves was seriously amazing for me and left me hungry for more.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Give Mortal Blitz a try. It's the most Time Crisis game I've played in VR.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
I'm seeking a cheap Borderlands 2 VR but have a hard time to find one. Heck, can't manage to find any physical version, nothing on amazon for exemple. Any idea? French mate here

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Have you flown with other people? If not, add me on PSN ( xenorevlis ) and I'll fly with ya! It's an amazing game, for sure. And one of Ubi's cross play games.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is another one that deserves a lot of love. Basically a random mission generator, as well as premade missions, where you and some folks can just be silly or full-on role play. I love it.

Don't sleep on PSVR multiplayer. It can be just as amazing as single player experiences, when suddenly you and someone else are in the Arizona heat mowing down zombies.

There are some MMO / co-op RPG games coming to PSVR this year, too!

I'm not ps plus anymore, but i have intention to get Firewall soon so i'll add you for sure !

Ultrawings is on my list, i'm waiting a good sale or try to get the physical copy !

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

I'd still go with continuous camera.
Start with small sessions : 15 min playing, 15 min resting.
Your body will adapt with time.
I started with 15 min, went to 30, after that 1 hour and after that I was already used with it.
RE7 was my first strong motion sickness title and while it was a little bit frustranting at the beggining playing it in short bursts at the end was totally worth it just cause VR is the way to play RE7 !
And not only that : after going trough RE7 I never had motion sickness again with any other titles !

ps. of course experiences are personal and maybe this doesnt work out for you the same it did with me, but give it a try !

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd still go with continuous camera.
Start with small sessions : 15 min playing, 15 min resting.
Your body will adapt with time.
I started with 15 min, went to 30, after that 1 hour and after that I was already used with it.
RE7 was my first strong motion sickness title and while it was a little bit frustranting at the beggining playing it in short bursts at the end was totally worth it just cause VR is the way to play RE7 !
And not only that : after going trough RE7 I never had motion sickness again with any other titles !

ps. of course experiences are personal and maybe this doesnt work out for you the same it did with me, but give it a try !

ok that's good to know, yeah I'll try with continuous more, if I can manage that I'll be able to do most VR without a problem. thanks for the suggestion

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for recommendations between:
  • The Wizards
  • In Death
  • Xing
The Wizards just came out, looks fun and has a discount right now. Heard it's short and the controls are wonky. Similar with In Death. Xing seems to have the best impressions, but it's the one I'm least interested in.