• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Apart from Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, are there any rail shooters or shooting galleries of a more "traditional game" gameplay structure. What I mean is something with maybe a light story, stages or a scenery which changes, enemies which are zombies/spaceships/robots/robbers rather than ducks and cardboard cutouts plus maybe some epic bosses. Thinking Time Crisis, Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead and such. Something that feels like an adventure.

I haven't actually played it, but I think this could be of interest to you.

It's supposedly very short, but has alternate routes and is really cheap. Could be worth a try!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Looking for recommendations between:
  • The Wizards
  • In Death
  • Xing
The Wizards just came out, looks fun and has a discount right now. Heard it's short and the controls are wonky. Similar with In Death. Xing seems to have the best impressions, but it's the one I'm least interested in.

In Death is short? Isn't it a roguelite?

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looking for recommendations between:
  • The Wizards
  • In Death
  • Xing
The Wizards just came out, looks fun and has a discount right now. Heard it's short and the controls are wonky. Similar with In Death. Xing seems to have the best impressions, but it's the one I'm least interested in.

Are using the moves important? If so Wizards, if not In death. Xing is definitely my favorite of the 3, then In Death, cant go wrong with any of them honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a bit of motion sickness from RE7 yesterday when I started, do you guys change anything in the settings to try and deal with it?

I tried changing the camera from the angles to continious and it was a bad decision, it makes it worse.
This game gets me too. I don't know what the option is called, but there's some comfort setting that puts you inside a basic wireframe box. I can play just fine with this turned on. Even with smooth turning. YMMV.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This game gets me too. I don't know what the option is called, but there's some comfort setting that puts you inside a basic wireframe box. I can play just fine with this turned on. Even with smooth turning. YMMV.
Did that yesterday, it really did help, but i set it to auto, that way don't lose much FOV, because it clearly cuts a lot of view from the available space on the visor.

It definetely has been a weird experience using this with the smooth camera, but i rised the speed to 5 and it has been better, and I also have been adapting better to the VR experience of moving around, it's still tough, but I'm getting there.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Did that yesterday, it really did help, but i set it to auto, that way don't lose much FOV, because it clearly cuts a lot of view from the available space on the visor.

It definetely has been a weird experience using this with the smooth camera, but i rised the speed to 5 and it has been better, and I also have been adapting better to the VR experience of moving around, it's still tough, but I'm getting there.
You'll be whizzing around in no time, if you're already getting your "VR legs"

For some this just doesn't happen no matter what they try, apparently.

I'll add a link to my thread on VR sickness relief shortly...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...nformation-and-help-on-motion-sickness.90628/

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Deracine's on a mild sale... Any thoughts on it?
I think it's gorgeous, has a great atmosphere and unwraps an interesting story and world small pieces at a time and I was always intrigued to see where things go but its puzzles aren't interesting and it doesn't really use VR and motion tracking in interesting ways. It's more likely to appeal to you if you want a "walking sim" (teleportation sim?) which tells a story than if you want a puzzle adventure or complicated point and click game. I thought it was fantastic personally, only not "as a game" but as a linear narrative adventure. I think it's important to know what to expect. "It isn't for everyone".

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Deracine's on a mild sale... Any thoughts on it?

I loved it. It's a slightly eerie and atmospheric light adventure game. It is not a huge game, but the locations are memorable, and the story has a dark fairytale feel to it, which I like.

It is fairly slow paced, which is a plus in my book, but might be a turn off for some. I have only played through it once, but I find myself thinking of it more that I do most games.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Lemme say, I've never been a "must have VR" person, in general I just scoffed at the idea of VR as a whole. Although tonight, I was over at Seik 's place and he made me try Astrobot. Boooooy I apparently had a stupid expression on my face the whole time, in a positive way. It was my first VR experience in general and, although it still won't make me spend $ on VR, I'm definitely seeing the potential and it allowed me to see VR under a new light.

Astrobot itself was an utterly charming little fella.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
The Beat Saber DLC songs are a lot of fun. I've done them all on Expert but haven't braved Expert+ yet. But, I'm more excited about the 200% speed modifier that was added. It's hilariously difficult. This is the furthest I've got on any song on Expert so far. This is the real Beat Saber workout!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that huge VR sale on PSN:

So I need impressions for:

Gun Club VR
Kona VR Bundle
The Inpatient

Thanks!

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that huge VR sale on PSN:

So I need impressions for:

Gun Club VR
Kona VR Bundle
The Inpatient

Thanks!
I didn't like The Inpatient. It's 2 hours, very slow with lots of waiting and following someone who is walking slowly, has important story pieces hidden as collectibles so you need to follow a guide constantly or risk not understanding, has two main endings which are decided by illogical choices (guide needed for one of them), has barely any gameplay besides walking and choices plus it's very rarely scary.

If you're a fan of Until Dawn then you will get a couple of "oh, that's kinda neat" moments but I didn't really think it was worth my time overall. Replaying for the second ending and collectibles was incredibly dull since not that much changes between playthroughs.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the style of music but it fits the game perfectly. I think there's only 2-3 songs that I actively don't enjoy playing. The rest is brilliant, even though I'd never listen to that genre outside of the game

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
This Beat Saber DLC showed me that I can't judge songs based solely by listening to them. Didn't like listening tk most of them but actually playing them is fun.

Me listening to Beat Saber outside the game: "What is this cheesy trash lol"

Me playing Beat Saber: "OH OH OOOOOOH! I'M NEVER GONNA LET YOU GOOOOOOO! AND NOW I'M FEELIN STRONGER, FEELIN STRONGER"

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally got around to test Borderlands 2 VR with the aim controller. Total game changer. I never had a problem with the move controls and I'll probably come back to them for some dual-wielding action, but for me the aim is definitely the best way to play this.

Oct 31, 2017
I am sure no Sega games have been released which are PSVR yet, I am really hoping that the likes of crazy taxi etc will come out on it. Daytona , outrun etc .etc.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I remember people saying good things about the bow and arrow in Apex Construct when it came out, but it seems like since then I've heard people complaining about it. I didn't find it problematic, although I did eventually quit when I reached a level where they just threw too many enemies at me and I simply couldn't go any farther. I'm pretty terrible in arena situations, though - sneaking around and taking out enemies one by one is more my style, and that's what I love to do in Skyrim, with the caveat that I found the Moves way too inaccurate there and switched back to the Dualshock after giving them a shot for about 4 hours.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I remember people saying good things about the bow and arrow in Apex Construct when it came out, but it seems like since then I've heard people complaining about it. I didn't find it problematic, although I did eventually quit when I reached a level where they just threw too many enemies at me and I simply couldn't go any farther. I'm pretty terrible in arena situations, though - sneaking around and taking out enemies one by one is more my style, and that's what I love to do in Skyrim, with the caveat that I found the Moves way too inaccurate there and switched back to the Dualshock after giving them a shot for about 4 hours.

I knew I would forget something. That is definitely one of, if not the best bow game. Game is very mixed. It does so many things right but still has some things that feel underwhelming at times. Idk, for me anyways, most people are blown away by it. I just wanted some more enemies/bosses thats about it.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Jesus, Expert+ is just obscene on Beat Saber. I'm really enjoying rising to the challenge though, Expert was definitely too easy. Expert+ is just orders of magnitude more difficult and fast.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations! I bought Apex Construct and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
That's hyperbole - the art style & graphics are great, it controls well, and what I saw of the story was interesting.

Art style, i kinda agree, story premise is pretty good... but The level are way too small, you play them 2-3 time each of time with just a different starting point and 1-2 new room. Unbalance difficulty, game is a joke when stand up, when sit down on hard this is ridiculousy hard. Stealth level is attrocious. No puzzle variety other then password, code or get a big fuse. No ennemies varity, Walking robot, same walking robot with shield, same robot with teleport (same design), robot dog, robot tower... one boss fight.... and i won't spoil ending encounter, but seriously... The game have great potential, but everything feel way to small for a 5 hours games...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Unbalance difficulty, game is a joke when stand up, when sit down on hard this is ridiculousy hard.

I won't speak for any other of the things you mention as I haven't played the game, but how would a VR game ever balance around that? If a game is easy when standing up but hard when seated, there's not much a developer can do about it without outright breaking one of the two modes...

SighofBoredom

Feb 7, 2019
I just got a vr a week ago and for some reason still can't get kingdom hearts vr to work right. It doesn't track or go in vr mode and just plays in cinematic mode without be able to move. So far out of everything I've played this is the only game that does it. All other takes work as intended

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I didn't know Borderlands VR got a PS Aim patch. Cool! Sad that Skyrym didn't get it, though

I got Firewall Zero Hour, how does it play without the Aim controller? My VR is connected to the PS4 but I dont really remember the last time I used it. Been too busy lately :/

WildZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
I just got a vr a week ago and for some reason still can't get kingdom hearts vr to work right. It doesn't track or go in vr mode and just plays in cinematic mode without be able to move. So far out of everything I've played this is the only game that does it. All other takes work as intended
I had the same issue - it eventually started working after just letting it play through the island segment.