• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
You're probably right, actually!

Fine, I'll buy it already. Jeez.

tenor.gif

Awesome! I was hesitant at first, but I ended up grabbing Borderlands 2 on sale recently, after they added Aim support. I was hoping they would add the DLC.

They said they have more to announce. I'm thinking Multiplayer might be next.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Since the actual processing for PSVR is in the console, that's kind of a given.

My money's still on PSVR2 being released at least a year or two into the PS5 cycle; if it comes out at the same time as the PS5, I think the whole package will be prohibitively expensive and people will forgo upgrading their PSVR. I sure hope Sony's got better Move controllers as part of the PSVR2 package, though.

I also believe that they won't come with PS5 and PSVR2 at the same time.
And honestly that would be good for VR in general.
VR needs bigger userbase and I believe that they found the "sweetspot" with it at US200.
Explore this price tag and future discounts around it before bringing a new model to the market.
If PS5 launches in 2020 in my opinion we shouldn't see PSVR2 before 2022.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Shuhei Yoshida tweeted about an indie game I'd never heard of, sounds like an interesting concept for a co-op game.
https://www.jp.playstation.com/games/medusa-and-her-lover-ps4/

In short, it looks like a third person action adventure... but it's actually first person, and you have to be careful about looking at your partner because you can accidentally turn him to stone. You can play it single player or co-op.

Based on google translate and the video the controls seem awkward, but the concept is fascinating. I gotta love what happens when small developers get a hold of a new medium.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Shuhei Yoshida tweeted about an indie game I'd never heard of, sounds like an interesting concept for a co-op game.
https://www.jp.playstation.com/games/medusa-and-her-lover-ps4/

In short, it looks like a third person action adventure... but it's actually first person, and you have to be careful about looking at your partner because you can accidentally turn him to stone. You can play it single player or co-op.

Based on google translate and the video the controls seem awkward, but the concept is fascinating. I gotta love what happens when small developers get a hold of a new medium.

Seems like you move in third person, but shoot in first person. That's an interesting idea to avoid motion sickness for people that get it from smooth movement.
The concept is neat but Medusa's design is highly disappointing. Those aren't snakes, that's just flowing green hair. :(

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
I'm fine with devs pricing games however they want (especially in the modern world of deep discounts), and I can at least see a reason to price your game $40. But not adding Move support for your game with dual handguns?
Dual wielding highlights the issue of no thumbsticks even more. Waving your left hand to target enemies would introduce crosstalk in your locomotion direction, and vice versa.

Also, I don't know how they could map both ascend/descend and snapturn left/right to the right Move, with the limited inputs.

The damning thing is, if only square circle x triangle were arranged in a diamond pattern instead of a square pattern, it would probably have been a semi-decent substitute for analog sticks.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Have I praised AstroBot this week yet? Well, consider this my weekly compliment. I'm on World 5 and I've avoided looking at the secret trophies thus far. How hard is the Platinum in that game?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Have I praised AstroBot this week yet? Well, consider this my weekly compliment. I'm on World 5 and I've avoided looking at the secret trophies thus far. How hard is the Platinum in that game?
Not really hard and the trophies don't really contain spoilers beyond a description of every boss in the game for their trophy. It's basically: find all bots and chameleons in all levels, do 25-ish new and harder challenge levels plus do a few level-specific things like scoring a goal in the soccer goal on the beach. After that, you will have enough coins to obtain all the models from a claw crane minigame for the last trophy.

Some challenge levels are pretty hard but with practice, it's doable and fun.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I was going to post here and see if anyone had or was planning on getting Borderlands 2 VR to do a co-op run when the DLC comes out. Seems they didn't keep even 2 player co-op in the VR port :(

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Wow I was going to post here and see if anyone had or was planning on getting Borderlands 2 VR to do a co-op run when the DLC comes out. Seems they didn't keep even 2 player co-op in the VR port :(

No there is no co-op yet but at PAX when they announced it they said they had some other VR announcements but they would announce those at a later date so hoping it's co-op.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
No there is no co-op yet but at PAX when they announced it they said they had some other VR announcements but they would announce those at a later date so hoping it's co-op.

Ugh, wish they would just announce everything. I'm now also left just waiting for the DLC patch to hit until i can start the game :D Bought it though as it's on sale.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
It's quite strange that Sony don't include VR games with PS Plus more often. I'm not talking Astrobot but smaller indie titles would probably love the exposure, those of us with PSVR would love a freebie and those without would steadily build up a catalogue they can't play. The pressure would slowly but surely build up in their minds.

"Maybe I SHOULD get a PSVR. I'm missing out on a free game every month"

I really think it would increase the hardware sales numbers.

I would obviously like more VR games in PS+ but I honestly think it's a good sign. It seems like Sony is fine with how PSVR is doing and don't see the need to push it with PS+ games.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
They were putting PSVR games under PS+ for a few months. It was like 1 PSVR title for 2 months and then replaced with another for 2 months. I'd be TOTALLY happy with that.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The fact that you have to point the moves away from your desired movement direction in Iron Man is interesting. Besides being faithful to the character, intuitively it feels like it would be less precise, but that may be part of the fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I have an OG PS4 I use for PSVR and I have a handful of PSVR titles which I'm putting on hold (I played and loved SUPERHOT VR and Astrobot) + the games which will have a PSVR patch.

Is buying a PS4 Pro worht it ? I don't have a 4K display currently bit for the games to run a bit better and better in VR would be interesting for sure

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NMS in VR sounds the ultimate version, Physically opening doors on our ships, Physically using the thrusters and they have used the moves well regarding UI aswell and weapon management.

All signs are good for NMS, Iron Man.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Having played Ultrawings, I can imagine the flight controls pretty well. Sounds good.

Hands-on of Iron Man VR also sound extremely pleasing. So good. :)

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
NMS in VR sounds the ultimate version, Physically opening doors on our ships, Physically using the thrusters and they have used the moves well regarding UI aswell and weapon management.

All signs are good for NMS, Iron Man.

Really looking forward to the VR patch for NMS, but I think when it comes to the ship, vehicle stuff, I might switch back over to the DS controller. That will probably be a bit more responsive and accurate, especially if you plan to do any space combat.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
It's...not bad, but it's kind of janky. At that price, though, I doubt you'd regret picking it up; it's kind of a cross between SuperHot and Job Simulator, but not as good as you'd hope that would be.

Oct 27, 2017
Been thinking about picking up Borderlands 2 VR. I played Borderlands 2 ages ago, and loved it. Reviews I'm reading aren't that good though.

I don't mind playing with a controller. Is the lack of multiplayer really that much of a bad thing? Is the experience of feeling like you are in the borderlands world worth it?

Oct 27, 2017
Been thinking about picking up Borderlands 2 VR. I played Borderlands 2 ages ago, and loved it. Reviews I'm reading aren't that good though.

I don't mind playing with a controller. Is the lack of multiplayer really that much of a bad thing? Is the experience of feeling like you are in the borderlands world worth it?

Yes it's worth it. It's really good with the aim controller too. They are also going to add all the dlc in a future update.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Very positive previews for Iron Man VR, Blood & Truth, No Man's Sky VR, Trover saves the Universe, Everybody's Golf VR, Falcon Age, Ghost Giant.
And free DLC for Borderlands 2 VR.

Upcoming PSVR months are meaty :D

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm considering a few games from the sale myself. Space Pirate Trainer is 6€, thoughts? Any kind-of-must-buy out there?

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I haven't played Fisherman's Tale yet, but it's definitely on my must-buy list (no sale in the US store, sadly). Every review I've seen of it has been glowing.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Fisherman's Tale yet, but it's definitely on my must-buy list (no sale in the US store, sadly). Every review I've seen of it has been glowing.
I played it in Rift. It's a very polished experience. However, it's more of a story book and less of a game. The unique puzzles are the best part and worth the experience alone but note that they are maybe 60% of the whole experience. The rest is storytelling. It's probably a few hours long if you play without hints. It's also very French in tone, humor and voice work.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Really wish they would update Astro Bot to allow you to re-rescue the robots if you replay the level. It looses some of its charm when they replace them for coins. I have actually restarted the game several times because I want the person that is playing the game for the first time to not loose out on that.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Really wish they would update Astro Bot to allow you to re-rescue the robots if you replay the level. It looses some of its charm when they replace them for coins. I have actually restarted the game several times because I want the person that is playing the game for the first time to not loose out on that.
You can create new accounts. Otherwise you can also download the demo (you can have both the game and the demo). The demo reset everytime so it good for guest that won't need a saved game.