• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The only logical way to go about this for Sony is to include motion tracking (probably cameras) in a splitable DS5 controller. It would give every PS5 owner everything needed to use VR out of the box if they have a VR headset. As for headset tracking they just need a port for the camera on PS5 for it to work, which shouldn't be that big of a problem. A PSVR2 could then ignore the camera and have it's own camera based tracking solution.

A splittable DS5 as motion controllers would be a nightmare of ergonomics. I literally don't see how that could possibly work in any way.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That seems like a recipe for a disastrous number of DS5s breaking within the first year under normal use. Unless the DS5 was made of heavy-gauge metal, the connection points on a DS5 that can be split in two are going to give out pretty quickly even for players who don't periodically throw their controller across the room in frustration.
A splittable DS5 as motion controllers would be a nightmare of ergonomics. I literally don't see how that could possibly work in any way.

The Switch has a splitable controller, I don't hear about it breaking all the time.

Oct 27, 2017
I think new VR controllers will be a separate thing, cramming that functionality into a dual shock is just added cost and complexity most people will never use.

My guess would be that support for PSVR will include the move controllers (and DS4), but if you want the next gen controllers you'll have to upgrade to a new headset (because the new headset will do all the new tracking similar to oculus).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The Switch has a splitable controller, I don't hear about it breaking all the time.

I said ergonomics, not engineering. The Switch's joycons would make for really unconfortable VR controllers, and they need a third, large central piece to become a conventional controller.

That said, if they can make it work well, it would be worth it for the meltdowns alone. If people already throw hissy fits when developers have the audacity to make VR games, imagine making every PS5 controller a VR controller. :D

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen plenty of posts about them breaking, especially at the connection point no longer charging on the system. But not so many that it's out of line with a failure rate you would expect (aka they are breaking in line with about the amount you expect for tech in general). Even then I sure try to avoid using them whenever I can because they suck to hold for long periods (though the switch at least feels better than the wiiu gamepad, that thing was just garbage in general)
at least there is the pro controller which is a nice controller that I play most of my games with.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
A Theater Room is coming to PSVR. We will be able to watch movies with other people!

20190417-theaterroom-vr-thumbnail.jpg

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/amp/8485/20190417-theaterroom-vr.html

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Currently, yes. And featuring select paid and free content. Not really what the people would like it to be...

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I think that Theater Room has been around for at least a year or two. They're just now adding viewing with other people and vibration support. It's frequently not useful since there's generally only one movie watchable at a time, and there's long stretches of nothing being available. I don't even know if it's IP blocked since it's used for streaming Japanese content.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What the most physically intense game?

Just been playing Beat Saber for over an hour on expert+ and heart rate rarely got out of the 60's.

I gotta go with Creed, if not that then Knockout League. The boxing games are pretty brutal. Also have you tried Beat saber on 150%?

I've heard amazing review for the new table top RPG ? but nothing about solo campain length ? any info on that ?

It's about 3 hours but it's replayable with different characters/paths.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta go with Creed, if not that then Knockout League. The boxing games are pretty brutal. Also have you tried Beat saber on 150%?

It's about 3 hours but it's replayable with different characters/paths.

I keep meaning to check them out. I've played thrill of the fight and that is probably the most intense VR game I have played, boxing is a good shout. I'm also hoping that boxercise game (boxVR) is coming to PSVR.

I have played about with some of the faster speeds but they just shorten the track and like E+ it's about being supple and muscle memory, can't do E+ at higher speeds that's too fast for me. One of the things i found good was to take tracks like Angel Voices and put it on 50% on E+ then put all you energy into each swing. 10+ mins, constantly moving and a lot of effort exerted.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I keep meaning to check them out. I've played thrill of the fight and that is probably the most intense VR game I have played, boxing is a good shout. I'm also hoping that boxercise game (boxVR) is coming to PSVR.

I have played about with some of the faster speeds but they just shorten the track and like E+ it's about being supple and muscle memory, can't do E+ at higher speeds that's too fast for me. One of the things i found good was to take tracks like Angel Voices and put it on 50% on E+ then put all you energy into each swing. 10+ mins, constantly moving and a lot of effort exerted.

Even Expert on 150 or going for SS rank on expert without mods should make you feel the sweat and burn. 200 is just so fast it only requires quick flicks of the wrist. But yeah, Creed has been voted on Without Parole PSVR Award show as the biggest workout. Lots of movement, crunching, and swinging. When u get knocked down you have to swing your arms like crazy too. Probably what your looking for. Also it's half off on PSN flash sale right now

Multi Branching, ok i'm sold. Local multiplayer look pretty fun too.

I really enjoyed it. I love the pirate theme too. I really wanted to play skyworld but just doesn't look appealing to me.

*Flash sale featuring Creed, Ace Combat 7, Killing Floor Incursion, and Kingdom of blades.*

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed it. I love the pirate theme too. I really wanted to play skyworld but just doesn't look appealing to me.

So i've bought it this afternoon, after 2 hours, i can say this is the tactical RPG i was waiting for on PSVR, this is the greatest appetizer for fan of the genre. It look amazing, the music is great, the control work great with 2 move. The naration work so well with the bird, and so far i want to know what will happen next ! On challenging mode the game is just perfectly balance, the mission structure is totally on point, some have infinite respawn where you have to active thing to end it, other you have to push box to prevent "sniper" to hit you. I'm having a blast, i've heard they are 4 different ending, and at this rate i'll get 4 of them. You like tactical RPG ? Get that game now ! It's really amazing !

Edit: Super nice i've just lost my save file 3 hours in.... game breaking bug....

Last edited:

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So i've bought it this afternoon, after 2 hours, i can say this is the tactical RPG i was waiting for on PSVR, this is the greatest appetizer for fan of the genre. It look amazing, the music is great, the control work great with 2 move. The naration work so well with the bird, and so far i want to know what will happen next ! On challenging mode the game is just perfectly balance, the mission structure is totally on point, some have infinite respawn where you have to active thing to end it, other you have to push box to prevent "sniper" to hit you. I'm having a blast, i've heard they are 4 different ending, and at this rate i'll get 4 of them. You like tactical RPG ? Get that game now ! It's really amazing !

Edit: Super nice i've just lost my save file 3 hours in.... game breaking bug....

Well... I WAS so happy you really liked it :D That sucks. Yeah it was the strategy game I was waiting for as well, just so polished and the storytelling/gameplay really good. Never ran into any bugs with it though, but definitely has happened with other games for me too. Never fun but seems like there could be worse games it could happen in. Sorry dude...

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I am about to buy a PSVR for my son who wants one for his birthday. Only thing is I want the Moss Astrobot bundle and amazon US has them is stock.

Thing is I'm from Australia and I noticed that the processor box has its own power supply. Since it seems 12v can I just swap out the figure 8 cable to my local one and it work or will it fry? Is it dual voltage? Thank you!

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Hey I am about to buy a PSVR for my son who wants one for his birthday. Only thing is I want the Moss Astrobot bundle and amazon US has them is stock.

Have you checked local prices? Might be cheaper to buy an Astro Bot or other bundle locally and add the other game(s). Standard bundle with the VR Worlds game is AUD$379 at BigW and Astro Bot is currently on sale at BigW for AUD$29. Moss is AUD$40 (normal price) digital on PSN.

Thing is I'm from Australia and I noticed that the processor box has its own power supply. Since it seems 12v can I just swap out the figure 8 cable to my local one and it work or will it fry? Is it dual voltage? Thank you!

If you decide to go Amazon US, yes, the box accepts 100-240V 50/60Hz so you just need to swap the cable to the wall.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Have you checked local prices? Might be cheaper to buy an Astro Bot or other bundle locally and add the other game(s). Standard bundle with the VR Worlds game is AUD$379 at BigW and Astro Bot is currently on sale at BigW for AUD$29. Moss is AUD$40 (normal price) digital on PSN.

If you decide to go Amazon US, yes, the box accepts 100-240V 50/60Hz so you just need to swap the cable to the wall.

Thanks for the reply! You are right. I have cancelled my amazon order and gone with big w. Thanks for the tip! Also grabbed a pair of move controllers from eb as I know he wants beat saber.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
which of the games that are on sale are worth looking at (from the ps+ sale thread https://www.resetera.com/threads/na...of-ditto-wandersong-wizard-of-legends.113191/ )

PSVR - PS4 = Playable w/o PSVR
18 Floors - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30
A Chair in a Room: Greenwater - $22.49 - 10% Off - Ends 5/1
Borderlands 2 VR - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/30
Code51: Mecha Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30
Droke Striker - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/30
Gun Club VR - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30
Guns 'n' Stories: Bulletproof VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30
PS4 Jupiter & Mars High Tide Launch Bundle - $22.49 - 10% Off - Ends 5/6
Knockout League - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30
Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 4/30
Mervils: A VR Adventure - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/30
Mind Labyrinth VR Dreams - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/30
Mortal Blitz - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/30
Paper Dolls - $12.74 - 25% Off - Ends 4/30
Prison Boss VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30
Rush VR - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30
PS4 Sega Genesis Classics - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/30
Super Amazeballs - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/30
Torn - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/30
Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30
Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/30
The Walker - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

though I will likely only buy something that is 50% off or more, but still curious if there are any people like in the list.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, I didn't know the Sega collection had PS VR support. I see it was added mid-2018. I'll try it out to see if it adds to the experience.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm having the drift issue that is apparently known for PSVR... I bought it 2 week ago and I didn't use it for some time until tonight.
I didn't have any drift issue when I played it weeks ago, but now there is drift every time I play a VR game.

I tried:
- removing any object in the room that can reflect light
- putting the headset on a plan surface when I'm turning it on (30sec)

Anything else I should try? Is it because of the headset/camera itself ?

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
So I'm having the drift issue that is apparently known for PSVR... I bought it 2 week ago and I didn't use it for some time until tonight.
I didn't have any drift issue when I played it weeks ago, but now there is drift every time I play a VR game.

I tried:

Camera position can affect drift as well. The guide on the Job Simulator website has some good advice in that regard: https://jobsimulatorgame.com/psvrfaq/

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017

I tried:

I've heard turning the PS4 off completely (not sleep mode) helps too.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Is Superhot VR known to be a bit buggy and imprecise with its tracking? The game itself seems cool but a lot of the times my in-game hands will spaz out and mess me up quite a bit. The play area also seems kind of small? I get the 'moving out of play area' more than I'd like. It's been putting a damper on my experience as a whole. I have zero problems with Beat Saber.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I'd say the issue is that it's originally a game built without VR in mind, then when a VR version came out it was for Oculus/Vive, and so the PSVR version is constrained both by the smaller size of the play area PSVR can handle, and the sub-par Move controllers. Playing around with camera placement, lighting, and your own position can improve it, but it's never going to be as good as on PC VR.

Last edited:

gpn

Oct 27, 2017

I tried:

Recalibrating the headset lights usually fixes it for me.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Radio wave interference (Bluetooth/WiFi) is known to effect wireless controller drift (Moves/AIM)...

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the advice. I tried today and didn't get any drift. I don't know excatly what changed between yesterday and now but I'm happy it works again

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona Sunshine – The Damned DLC is coming to PlayStation VR this summer

A nearby hydroelectric dam, an iconic landmark in Arizona's scenery, has ceased to provide power and it's up to you to make your way up, over and inside the massive structure to restore its systems and reactive the generators. Far from an easy task when it's overrun by hundreds of hangry undead!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-dlc-is-coming-to-playstation-vr-this-summer/

I still haven't finished the base game - stuck somewhere in the mines looking for random parts to progress. Like the game so might pick up Dead Man DLC and this new one once I persist enough to clear the game.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I bought the Dead Man DLC in the recent sale (it's dirt cheap even when there is no sale) but haven't played it yet. Beat the base game in one stitting, really liked it. Looking forward to this new DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here played MLB Homerun Derby?

It doesn't have AT&T stadium, it's quite low res for simple graphics and the Moves tracking screws up if you swing too fast... But damn I'm enjoying it!

I'd love a proper Baseball game. Probably need next gen resolutions and an improved tracking system to truly deliver. MLB The Show 2020 maybe?...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here played MLB Homerun Derby?

It doesn't have AT&T stadium, it's quite low res for simple graphics and the Moves tracking screws up if you swing too fast... But damn I'm enjoying it!

I'd love a proper Baseball game. Probably need next gen resolutions and an improved tracking system to truly deliver. MLB The Show 2020 maybe?...
The ps5 won't even be out by the time mlb the show 2020 comes out o.O
earliest would be 2021, but even then the first entry for the next gen system is typically pathetic with the upgrades (almost all visual and very little content), so more likely 2022 unless the put together a vr home run thing as a side project.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere to pick up a couple of ps moves in the UK? Looking on Amazon they seem to go for about 120 which seems ridiculousy expensive. Argos have them for 69.99 bit sold out everywhere.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere to pick up a couple of ps moves in the UK? Looking on Amazon they seem to go for about 120 which seems ridiculousy expensive. Argos have them for 69.99 bit sold out everywhere.

I used this :

Stock Informer

Create an account and get it to send you a notification whenever they're in stock. Argos seems to get them in about once a week but they sell out very quickly.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Bought Space Junkies (and The Wizards) as an excuse to dust off my headset considering I've been using my Rift almost exclusively for a few months and now I find out that my PS4's network chip is frying AND the game is snap turning only.

I'll give it a go anyways but I feel like some buyer's remorse is coming and I'll probably play The Wizard before tucking tail and crawling back to the Rift.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I used this :

Stock Informer

Create an account and get it to send you a notification whenever they're in stock. Argos seems to get them in about once a week but they sell out very quickly.

Just wanted to say thanks, managed to pick some up from Game for 79.99 which have just been delivered.

Now onto recommendations, what are some of the best games with Move implementation?

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
In stock now at Currys for £69.99. Just got a notification on HUKD

Edit: just saw you already managed to get some. Will leave this here in case it helps anyone else!

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I finally picked up AC7 and played through the first VR mission, and holy crap that was cool. It's a crime that they didn't include the initially promised full VR campaign. I'm doubtful I'll even try the standard game. It would feel like such a downgrade compared to actually sitting in the cockpit.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Is Superhot VR known to be a bit buggy and imprecise with its tracking? The game itself seems cool but a lot of the times my in-game hands will spaz out and mess me up quite a bit. The play area also seems kind of small? I get the 'moving out of play area' more than I'd like. It's been putting a damper on my experience as a whole. I have zero problems with Beat Saber.

I played it in bed room and I had this too a bit, it's probably because your hands go outside of the camera cone because you're too close to the camera. Didn't have any play zone issues though, you're mostly standing still and matrix dodging for the most part, not really moving the playfield.