• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lasted about 3 seconds with full fov and unlocked camera on wipeout lmao

Edit: the loading screens on the demo disk are absurd, combined with the fact that I can't go on my phone during them

I think a cool feature in future headsets years from now would be that the solid covering could be like retracted with a button press so you could see the outside world without having to take the whole thing + headphones off and then readjust your settings when you put it back on

Edit: wowow thumper is amazing

Last edited:

Omerta

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Lasted about 3 seconds with full fov and unlocked camera on wipeout lmao

Edit: the loading screens on the demo disk are absurd, combined with the fact that I can't go on my phone during them

I think a cool feature in future headsets years from now would be that the solid covering could be like retracted with a button press so you could see the outside world without having to take the whole thing + headphones off and then readjust your settings when you put it back on

Edit: wowow thumper is amazing

I've long thought that a really easy fix for this gen would be to allow a quick switch to the camera's view to let you see yourself in your space.

In future iterations, a forward facing camera that you could access from the pause screen could let you see in front of you, check your phone and interact with people.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Dont move my tv often (and if I do i'll take it off first) but it fell off when I was adjusting wires

It's hard to tell what the best place to put it with my setup is tbh

Anyway played a round of Overwatch and it was pretty neat, resolution wasn't bad enough to effect gameplay/aiming, did the alien blaster and platforming segments in rec room and enjoyed them, especially when i started moving my turret around with one hand in the former. Def gonna get a move set soon for beat saber

Watched some vr videos on youtube but honestly they just seemed super slow and boring so i stopped after the 2nd. Videos that tried to imitate real life looked pretty off but stuff like OW and Rec room aren't really hit by the resolution drop at all

What's the best game/demo/video to give a non-gamer to "get" vr and appreciate it? Preferably something that's 5 minutes or less

I don't have my camera anywhere near my TV, it's on the top shelf of a cabinet looking down and that works fantastically. The TV is only relevant for VR if others are watching what you're doing.

Or outward-facing cameras for both mixed reality and straightforward passthrough from VR with the press of a button. :)

Edit: Beaten by Omerta above.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't have my camera anywhere near my TV, it's on the top shelf of a cabinet looking down and that works fantastically. The TV is only relevant for VR if others are watching what you're doing.

Or outward-facing cameras for both mixed reality and straightforward passthrough from VR with the press of a button. :)

Edit: Beaten by Omerta above.
I know that it's just not sure where the best place to put it for me is all

Maybe ill take a pic later

Anyway really enjoying astrobot although I have two questions

1) i dont hold my controller up in the air, usually rest it by having my arms on my legs however for games where the ds4 is shown on screen it means that all of the movements aren't that accurate and a lot of times whenever I move it up a little bit it kinda snaps up instead of being a smooth motion. How can I fix that?

2) is there anyway to revert the camera to a previous angle? Makes it hard to go back a little bit during a level if I can't see the bot half the time

Also unrelated but how rare are the psvr software sales? I really wanna play Thumper, Skyrim VR and Beat Saber but I'm used to buying 90% of my games on a noticeable discount? Should I wait or just buy them at their current prices?

Edit: also where do you guys store your headsets? Bc apparently sunlight damages them so i just put mine back in the box but that doesnt seem like a good long term solution

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I know that it's just not sure where the best place to put it for me is all

Maybe ill take a pic later

Anyway really enjoying astrobot although I have two questions

1) i dont hold my controller up in the air, usually rest it by having my arms on my legs however for games where the ds4 is shown on screen it means that all of the movements aren't that accurate and a lot of times whenever I move it up a little bit it kinda snaps up instead of being a smooth motion. How can I fix that?

2) is there anyway to revert the camera to a previous angle? Makes it hard to go back a little bit during a level if I can't see the bot half the time

Also unrelated but how rare are the psvr software sales? I really wanna play Thumper, Skyrim VR and Beat Saber but I'm used to buying 90% of my games on a noticeable discount? Should I wait or just buy them at their current prices?

Edit: also where do you guys store your headsets? Bc apparently sunlight damages them so i just put mine back in the box but that doesnt seem like a good long term solution
For Astrobot tracking try putting the camera below the TV. It needs to see for controller's lightbar at all times and you're holding it too low/are obscuring it with your legs.

You can't backtrack. It's the one flaw in the game in my opinion.

PSVR game sales are very regular. I'm not sure Beat Saber has had a good one yet though.

As for sunlight, just make sure it doesn't shine through the lenses. I store my headset on the shelf under my PS4 and it does get direct sunlight for a couple of hours each day, but I have the lenses facing away from the window. No problems.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I've found light leakage to be more of a theoretical problem. I notice it if I'm looking for it, but once I'm involved in the game I don't notice it.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
After 7 month with my PSVR, I've finish like 20 games(about a backlog of 15 more games)... I still haven't touch Beat Saber once.... I decide to give it a go yesterday for no particular reason. I was like with my new tracking setup when i'm stand up it could be a amazing game to try.

I feel so stupid.... because this is the most freaking epic rythm game I've play since Guitar hero on my ps2 !!! I've play like 3 hours in a row into the campain mode, but i'm totally stuck at a expert stage (around stage 13 i think), probably i was too tired my arm was starting to hurt. But yeah can't wait to download the 2 music pack... I'm totally hook

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
After 7 month with my PSVR, I've finish like 20 games(about a backlog of 15 more games)... I still haven't touch Beat Saber once.... I decide to give it a go yesterday for no particular reason. I was like with my new tracking setup when i'm stand up it could be a amazing game to try.

I feel so stupid.... because this is the most freaking epic rythm game I've play since Guitar hero on my ps2 !!! I've play like 3 hours in a row into the campain mode, but i'm totally stuck at a expert stage (around stage 13 i think), probably i was too tired my arm was starting to hurt. But yeah can't wait to download the 2 music pack... I'm totally hook
What's your new tracking setup like? And yeah I wish Beat Saber could do songs from Spotify or a USB... and that it wasn't 2 dollars a song and one of the packs wasn't Imagine Dragons

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also here's my uncleaned, unfinished room I'm staying at with my parents for the next month/until classes start up again

What would make the setup better? I just sit on the edge of the bed, I wanted to put a chair in front of it but fear that may be too close, also anytime I want to play a game while standing I'm gonna have to move the camera back to the top of the tv

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
What's your new tracking setup like? And yeah I wish Beat Saber could do songs from Spotify or a USB... and that it wasn't 2 dollars a song and one of the packs wasn't Imagine Dragons

I've up my camera up but 1,5-2 feet over my head that look in 30-35 degree diagonal into the ground, I can now move both my move or PS aim in about 270 degree without tracking issue I can extend my hand up and down without loosing tracking, It make everything so amazing in mages tales the difference was insane. But it only work when i'm stand up.... when i'm siting thing are ugly, i'm about to buy a second camera that will be set for when i'm siting, and i can only switch when needed. But 55$ used for s ps4 camera is a little expensive, I'll try to find another for cheaper...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Also here's my uncleaned, unfinished room I'm staying at with my parents for the next month/until classes start up again

What would make the setup better? I just sit on the edge of the bed, I wanted to put a chair in front of it but fear that may be too close, also anytime I want to play a game while standing I'm gonna have to move the camera back to the top of the tv

Push the bed under the window (where the fan is currently) and you'll have quite a large area for standing games. Not sure where you'd attach the camera for that though.

I really want to rescue your PS4 from the floor and stand it on end behind the TV.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Put it over the the cabinet that's on the window wall, ideally after putting something on top of the cabinet to gain more height. Then play either standing up facing the window wall (my recommendation), sitting on the floor, or move the bed towards the wardrobe and sit on it. Remember you don't need to face the TV, and in your case your optimal solutions seem to be precisely about not doing that.

Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land

Is that a door next to your TV stand? That might work if you put the PlayStation on the TV stand the camera could reach.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is that a door next to your TV stand? That might work if you put the PlayStation on the TV stand the camera could reach.
Yeah the house is a fixer upper but im not putting a camera on top of a loose door lol

Put it over the the cabinet that's on the window wall, ideally after putting something on top of the cabinet to gain more height. Then play either standing up facing the window wall (my recommendation), sitting on the floor, or move the bed towards the wardrobe and sit on it. Remember you don't need to face the TV, and in your case your optimal solutions seem to be precisely about not doing that.
Got it, although some of the games have a fixed position facing the camera and recentering only alters the depending on how far away you are from the camera right?

Push the bed under the window (where the fan is currently) and you'll have quite a large area for standing games. Not sure where you'd attach the camera for that though.

I really want to rescue your PS4 from the floor and stand it on end behind the TV.
I don't trust vertical consoles, especially one near a ledge

Also do you guys have any setups where you don't need to change the camera based on if you're sitting or standing? Bc mech/tank/racing games seem like they're best sitting especially but then there's stuff like Beat Saber where I'll need to stand.

Also I want to stand as little as possible since I stand for 8 hours a day at work

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land
Yeah the house is a fixer upper but im not putting a camera on top of a loose door lol

Got it, although some of the games have a fixed position facing the camera and recentering only alters the depending on how far away you are from the camera right?

I don't trust vertical consoles, especially one near a ledge

Also do you guys have any setups where you don't need to change the camera based on if you're sitting or standing? Bc mech/tank/racing games seem like they're best sitting especially but then there's stuff like Beat Saber where I'll need to stand.

Also I want to stand as little as possible since I stand for 8 hours a day at work
Oh didn't know it was a loose door, what's behind it?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

I don't think there are any games where you absolutely need to stand. Earlier in the topic someone said they play Superhot while sitting, which I think would wreck the immersion but hey you can do it.

If you want to play standing sometimes, and you never want to reposition the camera, find a position that tracks you well standing, and learn to live with imperfect seated tracking. Most standing games use the Moves and when Move tracking goes wrong it goes really, really wrong.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh didn't know it was a loose door, what's behind it?
Nothing lol, loose as in not connected to a frame

I don't think there are any games where you absolutely need to stand. Earlier in the topic someone said they play Superhot while sitting, which I think would wreck the immersion but hey you can do it.

If you want to play standing sometimes, and you never want to reposition the camera, find a position that tracks you well standing, and learn to live with imperfect seated tracking. Most standing games use the Moves and when Move tracking goes wrong it goes really, really wrong.
Eh i'll just have to switch it up then and find a good spot for each position

Also yeah I heard the Move Tracking was wonky and really really messes up Superhot VR which is a shame cause I loved the original on PC.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also ofc I get my headset when the only two VR games on sale are a game I already own (Wipeout) and Zone of the Enders 2 which I don't have much interest in (should I?)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also why did you say on top of the cabinet instead of the TV? The TV's top is higher than the cabinet unless I get a stand too

Edit:also I should totally use a swivel chair instead of a fixed chair or my bed right?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Right, you need to be facing the camera, just not the TV. That's why I mentioned pushing the bed away from the window, so that you can sit on it with your back on the wall opposite of the window.

and Zone of the Enders 2 which I don't have much interest in (should I?)

Frankly, no. The VR conversion is quite half-assed and it constantly switches from VR for gameplay to 2D for cutscenes, which is super jarring. There's a demo on the PSN if you're interested, though.

Also why did you say on top of the cabinet instead of the TV? The TV's top is higher than the cabinet unless I get a stand too

Yes, but the camera will probably be more stable on top of a cabinet, plus it seems (although photos of rooms taken from inside those rooms make it hard to gauge) that you can set the camera further away from you if you put it on that cabinet (not the one your TV is on, but the one next to the window) and sit opposite it.

Edit: Here's a diagram for clarity. :D
4j3AneW.jpg

Edit:also I should totally use a swivel chair instead of a fixed chair or my bed right?

Depends on what you're playing, e.g. Wipeout you can pretty much play sitting immobile, but Astrobot benefits from swiveling (and IMHO, even more from standing or at least being able to raise / lower your point of view, which now that I'm thinking about, the bed could be better for.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the diagram,

Also while high i cant tell if the headset is out of focus or my lens is just blurry or my contacts being dry but it looks even dirtier and blurrier than usual

Nausea is overall higher which sucks, i couldnt finish one race of wipeout even with a cockpit lock or even an astrobot level

Played Moss though and holy shit the way the fixed camera angles have 3D objects in them and it's like a diorama omggggg

Also I JUST bought Thumper an hour ago and now I learn it's going on sale tomorrow, any chance of a refund from PSN?

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
question about move controllers

So I'd like to buy them to play a couple of games that require them.
I did some research online and my understanding is that there are update controllers, version 2.0, is that correct?
Where do I buy these? both amazon and Best buy seem to have the old ones, judging by the reviews.
And does this update version make a difference for VR?

This shit is very confusing

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the diagram,

Also while high i cant tell if the headset is out of focus or my lens is just blurry or my contacts being dry but it looks even dirtier and blurrier than usual

Nausea is overall higher which sucks, i couldnt finish one race of wipeout even with a cockpit lock or even an astrobot level

Played Moss though and holy shit the way the fixed camera angles have 3D objects in them and it's like a diorama omggggg

Also I JUST bought Thumper an hour ago and now I learn it's going on sale tomorrow, any chance of a refund from PSN?

Havent been following this thread for awhile. I'm assuming you have cleaned the lenses with a clean microfiber cloth first. But if you are new to PSVR, it has a very small sweet spot, where it will looks the clearest. Your eyes need to be lined up with the center of each lens. Basically you need to move the headset around slightly on your face till each eye is in focus. You could have 1 eye in focus and the other not, if its rotated a little bit on your face. What I do, is close each eye separately, and nudge the headset around, up down, left right, twist it, etc. Then do the other eye, rinse and repeat. Its also not gonna be perfect for every face.

Also of note, is that the psvr has the highest resolution in the center of its screen. So if you are looking at the edges of the screen,(by looking through the corner of your eyes) things will be blurrier (lower res) than the center of the screen(eyes directly looking forward). So when adjusting the headset, make sure you are looking forward, preferably at some text, to help determine best focus.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

I did some research online and my understanding is that there are update controllers, version 2.0, is that correct?
Where do I buy these? both amazon and Best buy seem to have the old ones, judging by the reviews.

They won't have a separate product page. If they're brand new they should be the latest model, but they can sell 1.0 and 2.0 interchangeably if they have old stock. They're exactly the same tech so their performance in VR will be identical, however they have better battery life and use Micro USB instead of Mini USB.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
They won't have a separate product page. If they're brand new they should be the latest model, but they can sell 1.0 and 2.0 interchangeably if they have old stock. They're exactly the same tech so their performance in VR will be identical, however they have better battery life and use Micro USB instead of Mini USB.
got it thank you!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Havent been following this thread for awhile. I'm assuming you have cleaned the lenses with a clean microfiber cloth first. But if you are new to PSVR, it has a very small sweet spot, where it will looks the clearest. Your eyes need to be lined up with the center of each lens. Basically you need to move the headset around slightly on your face till each eye is in focus. You could have 1 eye in focus and the other not, if its rotated a little bit on your face. What I do, is close each eye separately, and nudge the headset around, up down, left right, twist it, etc. Then do the other eye, rinse and repeat. Its also not gonna be perfect for every face.

Also of note, is that the psvr has the highest resolution in the center of its screen. So if you are looking at the edges of the screen,(by looking through the corner of your eyes) things will be blurrier (lower res) than the center of the screen(eyes directly looking forward). So when adjusting the headset, make sure you are looking forward, preferably at some text, to help determine best focus.
Yeah I've discovered the "sweet spot", it just is a little hard to get it to stay there with my head shape I guess especially since I need to put my over-ear headphones on + movement over time can displace it even if I tighten the dial on the back a few times.

But I am using the included microfiber cloth, are there any tips for that? Like which pattern to use while cleaning the lenses or how to keep the cloth itself safe from grime? Also some of it could be from my contacts getting dry but idk how I could solve that since I've heard glasses without an extra screen protector is a big no-no.

Also I think the lenses fogging up is an issue, should I not be pulling the scope all the way next to my face? It feels weird if it's too far away because I lose some peripheral vision, but if it's too close then it can get uncomfortable especially with my eyebrow ridge. I wish I could somehow see my face position inside the VR headset lol.

Also there's a huge VR sale going on rn, added every game of note to my cart just to remember them since the sale goes for a month.

Any impressions on which ones to absolutely avoid? I'll look up more detailed impressions/play demos later for each one. Putting it in quotes cause it's long and I was restricted to 10 items in my cart at a time lol

Screenshot_20190723-125122_PS_App.jpg

DOOM VFR - I loved DOOM 2016 although even flat the motion blur and CA nauseated me so I immediately turned them off. Does this one have the option for that as well? I've heard mixed impressions on the Moves/Aim implementation.

Skyrim VR - I love Skyrim despite all of its faults, double dipped on the 360 and then PS4: SE. The lack of a survival mode/CC really hurts it honestly but I still think exploring around and fighting with moves would be dope. I imagine with how popular it is it won't get a much deeper discount for a while. Am I wrong?

PSVR Worlds - Ocean Descent is lame and boring but I heard the London Heist is decent and was basically the blueprint to Blood and Truth, plus like 4 other short things. A large variety of experiences for less than 5 bucks sounds good to me.

Superhot VR - Loved the original, heard the PSVR tracking being wonky makes it vastly inferior to the Vive/Rift versions. Still worth it?

Driveclub VR - Loved the base game but heard the VR version was kinda shitty.

Creed - have no interest in the franchise/IP but enjoyed Wii Sports boxing even with the horrible tracking. Is this better for that.

BL2 VR - prolly not gonna pick it up, I fucking looove the franchise but no cross-progression with the base game, no co-op, no Aim support and no DLC are all huge negatives. Maybe for 5 bucks just to see Pandora in VR.

Tumble VR - know nothing about it, I think there's a demo I'll try out

Statik - heard glowing things. Basically a puzzle game with a Portal/Aperture vibe unique to a VR headset.

Killing Floor Incursion - I like KF1 and 2 enough but not love, know nothing about this version.

Screenshot_20190723-125821_PS_App.jpg

The Inpatient - loved Until Dawn, hated Hidden Agenda. Heard mixed things about this one.

Prison Boss VR - never heard of it before, does it have similar vibes to Prison Architect except in first person?

Farpoint - heard it was decent 7.5ish, will prolly pick it up just to mess around with the Aim. I love sci-fi stuff too

Carnival Games VR - know nothing about it but looks like it could be good to show off to other people when they try VR?

Paranormal Activity VR - know nothing. Is it good?

Kona - same as above, know nothing

Time Machine - see above

The Exorcist - see above

Blood and Truth - heard great things but might wait for a deeper discount since it's relatively new

Angry Birds VR - I enjoy the phone games well enough even if it just ripped off flash games. Is this a good pickup and play VR diversion or not worth it?

Screenshot_20190723-130035_PS_App.jpg

EVE: Valkyrie - never played the MMO but remember being interested in it during the Best Buy VR demos bc sci-fi. Never tried it though and heard it was mediocre.

Rez Infinite - have heard AMAZING things but I played part of the demo and didn't really "get it". Maybe I just need to give it another shot or look it up some more

Raw Data - barely know about it other than it's a wave based shooter that I saw a few people on Reddit recommend

Exorcist - know nothing about it

Arizona Sunshine - I remember a lot of pre-release hype for this one and haven't heard a peep since. Did it flop?

Annnnd I think that's it lol. Guess it turned out to be pretty good timing that I got my headset on Sunday

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've discovered the "sweet spot", it just is a little hard to get it to stay there with my head shape I guess especially since I need to put my over-ear headphones on + movement over time can displace it even if I tighten the dial on the back a few times.

But I am using the included microfiber cloth, are there any tips for that? Like which pattern to use while cleaning the lenses or how to keep the cloth itself safe from grime? Also some of it could be from my contacts getting dry but idk how I could solve that since I've heard glasses without an extra screen protector is a big no-no.

Also I think the lenses fogging up is an issue, should I not be pulling the scope all the way next to my face? It feels weird if it's too far away because I lose some peripheral vision, but if it's too close then it can get uncomfortable especially with my eyebrow ridge. I wish I could somehow see my face position inside the VR headset lol.

Also there's a huge VR sale going on rn, added every game of note to my cart just to remember them since the sale goes for a month.

Any impressions on which ones to absolutely avoid? I'll look up more detailed impressions/play demos later for each one. Putting it in quotes cause it's long and I was restricted to 10 items in my cart at a time lol

Annnnd I think that's it lol. Guess it turned out to be pretty good timing that I got my headset on Sunday

not sure if you purchased already. Most of these games are great. My favorites from that list that I have played. Farpoint is a must have with AIM, really exceptional. Skyrim is really great, as well as Superhot. VR worlds is mostly great for smaller experiences. I really enjoyed playing AZ with AIM with a co op friend. For the others, I recall a lot of people being disappointment by the Inpatient and maybe Time Machine VR? I havent' played either so correct me of I am wrong. Also it looks like you are into horror, and RE7 is a definite must have in that case. Id recommend ditching inpatient and grabbing that as its on sale as well right now. I think Moss is on sale as well, and highly recommended.

I might be picking up Killing Floor if my buddy does too. Supposed to be really good.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
not sure if you purchased already. Most of these games are great. My favorites from that list that I have played. Farpoint is a must have with AIM, really exceptional. Skyrim is really great, as well as Superhot. VR worlds is mostly great for smaller experiences. I really enjoyed playing AZ with AIM with a co op friend. For the others, I recall a lot of people being disappointment by the Inpatient and maybe Time Machine VR? I havent' played either so correct me of I am wrong. Also it looks like you are into horror, and RE7 is a definite must have in that case. Id recommend ditching inpatient and grabbing that as its on sale as well right now. I think Moss is on sale as well, and highly recommended.

I might be picking up Killing Floor if my buddy does too. Supposed to be really good.
I got moss and astrobot from the bundle already and yeah I'm not gonna bother with prolly half of these games, just curious. Definitely getting re7 at some point although the kitchen demo just seemed gimmicky with the whole knife in your face thing. It was at its best when the monster girl was behind you. I'm eternally salty because I jumped on the gold edition on amazon when it had a price glitch for like 2 dollars and gave it to my friend but I never thought to keep one for myself bc I didnt have a VR yet and I wanted to play the series in order. (Still never finished 1 lol)

Also I read AZ got kinda shitty reviews? I don't have a dedicated co-op partner on PS4 so idk. I was close to picking up an AIM today but 60 dollars and all I would use it for would be Farpoint and Firewall, neither of which I own

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I got moss and astrobot from the bundle already and yeah I'm not gonna bother with prolly half of these games, just curious. Definitely getting re7 at some point although the kitchen demo just seemed gimmicky with the whole knife in your face thing. It was at its best when the monster girl was behind you. I'm eternally salty because I jumped on the gold edition on amazon when it had a price glitch for like 2 dollars and gave it to my friend but I never thought to keep one for myself bc I didnt have a VR yet and I wanted to play the series in order. (Still never finished 1 lol)

Also I read AZ got kinda shitty reviews? I don't have a dedicated co-op partner on PS4 so idk. I was close to picking up an AIM today but 60 dollars and all I would use it for would be Farpoint and Firewall, neither of which I own

ha yeah, I got the Gold Edition on Amazon when it had the price error too. I owned the standard physical edition of RE7, so I traded it into Amazon for an instant gift card for much more than what they were selling the GE for. Was a good day.

As for AZ its a bit rough around the edges, but think it was well worth it. Actually now that I remeber too, it has one of the most drastic graphical difference between Pro and OG PS4, so just FYI. Looks a lot better on Pro, but isnt anything amazing graphically.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa

Also, as a side note, the new ones only work with PS4 but have a slightly better battery. The older one work for both PS4 and PS3 (but have the USB mini port like the DS3). If you have a PS3, get the old ones otherwise whichever are cheaper.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
ha yeah, I got the Gold Edition on Amazon when it had the price error too. I owned the standard physical edition of RE7, so I traded it into Amazon for an instant gift card for much more than what they were selling the GE for. Was a good day.

As for AZ its a bit rough around the edges, but think it was well worth it. Actually now that I remeber too, it has one of the most drastic graphical difference between Pro and OG PS4, so just FYI. Looks a lot better on Pro, but isnt anything amazing graphically.
Ah ok I have a base one.

Also picked up moves, no 360 degree tracking sucks and there was no way to turn my character around in job simulator. How can I make sure my moves are correctly calibrated? Because even front facing tracking is iffy

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Ah ok I have a base one.

Also picked up moves, no 360 degree tracking sucks and there was no way to turn my character around in job simulator. How can I make sure my moves are correctly calibrated? Because even front facing tracking is iffy
There's nothing behind you in Job Simulator though, it's pretty well thought out.

There's a bunch of calibration options in PS4 Settings. The main things that mess up tracking are:

Light pollution. Sunlight through curtains, reflections etc. You don't need a dark room, but you need consistent lighting with nothing shining towards the camera.

Bad camera position. It needs to be able to see the orbs even when your arms are stretched out to the side, above or below you. If the camera is at eye level, you will regularly block the headset lights with the Move light and confuse the tracking. You can check the camera FOV before each game starts during that "confirm your location" screen. You can also bring this screen up at any time with the PS4 quick menu.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
There's nothing behind you in Job Simulator though, it's pretty well thought out.

There's a bunch of calibration options in PS4 Settings. The main things that mess up tracking are:

Light pollution. Sunlight through curtains, reflections etc. You don't need a dark room, but you need consistent lighting with nothing shining towards the camera.

Bad camera position. It needs to be able to see the orbs even when your arms are stretched out to the side, above or below you. If the camera is at eye level, you will regularly block the headset lights with the Move light and confuse the tracking. You can check the camera FOV before each game starts during that "confirm your location" screen. You can also bring this screen up at any time with the PS4 quick menu.
Ok so I guess ive gotta get my camera higher also holy fucking shit the superhot demo is the coolest shit ever

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
How do the controls for Skyrim with moves work?

surprisingly well once you figure it out. It has been awhile since I played it but iirc, left Move sort of acts like a joystick, when holding the Move button down. So tilting back will reverse you, tilting left will strafe. That will handle character movement, and then like most games on the Right Move, holding 1 of the 2 face buttons will rotate/turn your character left or right.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
surprisingly well once you figure it out. It has been awhile since I played it but iirc, left Move sort of acts like a joystick, when holding the Move button down. So tilting back will reverse you, tilting left will strafe. That will handle character movement, and then like most games on the Right Move, holding 1 of the 2 face buttons will rotate/turn your character left or right.
Both of my controllers are identical and all have 4 face buttons, a move button and a single trigger on the back plus the start (options) and "select" (share) button on the sides.

Edit: also superhypercube was amazing and seems much more interesting to me than Tetris Effect and I was too dumb to finish the Statik demo lol

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Both of my controllers are identical and all have 4 face buttons, a move button and a single trigger on the back plus the start (options) and "select" (share) button on the sides.

Edit: also superhypercube was amazing and seems much more interesting to me than Tetris Effect and I was too dumb to finish the Statik demo lol
The one in your left hand is the left Move, and so on. It acts like a joystick, it doesn't have a joystick. It's like a big floating joystick connected to nothing.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017

yeah like Gupeth said. Moves are identical, I only meant the Move in your left hand works like a virtual joystick as you tilt it around in 3D Space.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The one in your left hand is the left Move, and so on. It acts like a joystick, it doesn't have a joystick. It's like a big floating joystick connected to nothing.
Ah I thought people had versions with two face buttons on each controller or somethin
yeah like Gupeth said. Moves are identical, I only meant the Move in your left hand works like a virtual joystick as you tilt it around in 3D Space.
Ah gotcha, also i need to find a way to get my camera much higher because even at the top of my tv it's a good foot+ below my eye level while I stand. I have no idea how this is gonna work in a dorm room single, prolly just have to leave the moves at home.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I picked up killing floor incursion in the recent sale and hot damn that is one of the the best VR games I have played. I mean Blood and Truth who? Within minutes of picking up KF I had my gun and flashlight up John Wick style while slowly walking through some creepy ass woods filled with groans and growls. I was throwing knives at crawlers like I have been practicing for years. The inventory system feels natural. The guns dear god, the guns have had so much love and effort poured into them they are without a doubt the best guns I have seen in VR.

I honestly have no idea why this game isn't being showered with the highest praise. Maybe because it's not exclusive? It puts Blood and Truth to shame. I can't believe I have been ignoring this game for so long just because I barely see a mention of it here. If I had to give it one critique it's that it doesn't share Borderlands 2 locomotion of going where you are pointing the move. That features makes walking backwards while firing feel natural. Need to give the controls a bit more time but so far it's a 10 out of 10 game. It's the John Wick of zombie games. As far as PSVR goes, I don't think it gets much better than this.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I didn't get past the intro to Skyrim yet and I think it's because the controls are just a lot to get used to especially considering how much I played the game with a controller. I think 360 movement so I didn't need to use the face buttons to rotate at all would be a good step. Alas

Tried DOOM VFR and people said the DS4 was the best way to play it, at least easily better than the Moves but man the fact that you have to aim vertically with your head but can turn horizontally with your controller.. blagh. Wish there was more options.

Played 2 more levels of Astrobot and it's just amazing. Gives me the same feeling that playing Mario Galaxy for the first time did.

The London Heist of PSVR Worlds is pretty fun so far though aiming precisely with the Moves can be a bit frustrating but it's made up for it by just interacting with the world in other ways.

Wow I picked up killing floor incursion in the recent sale and hot damn that is one of the the best VR games I have played. I mean Blood and Truth who? Within minutes of picking up KF I had my gun and flashlight up John Wick style while slowly walking through some creepy ass woods filled with groans and growls. I was throwing knives at crawlers like I have been practicing for years. The inventory system feels natural. The guns dear god, the guns have had so much love and effort poured into them they are without a doubt the best guns I have seen in VR.

I honestly have no idea why this game isn't being showered with the highest praise. Maybe because it's not exclusive? It puts Blood and Truth to shame. I can't believe I have been ignoring this game for so long just because I barely see a mention of it here. If I had to give it one critique it's that it doesn't share Borderlands 2 locomotion of going where you are pointing the move. That features makes walking backwards while firing feel natural. Need to give the controls a bit more time but so far it's a 10 out of 10 game. It's the John Wick of zombie games. As far as PSVR goes, I don't think it gets much better than this.
I was interested in both that and Raw Data, I kinda liked the demo for Raw Data well enough but hearing that Killing Floor is this good definitely has me excited

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So I didn't get past the intro to Skyrim yet and I think it's because the controls are just a lot to get used to especially considering how much I played the game with a controller. I think 360 movement so I didn't need to use the face buttons to rotate at all would be a good step. Alas

Tried DOOM VFR and people said the DS4 was the best way to play it, at least easily better than the Moves but man the fact that you have to aim vertically with your head but can turn horizontally with your controller.. blagh. Wish there was more options.

Played 2 more levels of Astrobot and it's just amazing. Gives me the same feeling that playing Mario Galaxy for the first time did.

The London Heist of PSVR Worlds is pretty fun so far though aiming precisely with the Moves can be a bit frustrating but it's made up for it by just interacting with the world in other ways.

I was interested in both that and Raw Data, I kinda liked the demo for Raw Data well enough but hearing that Killing Floor is this good definitely has me excited

Raw Data is pretty good, and it's definitely a game you need to get on sale considering its high base price. It's on sale super frequently though, so don't feel like you need to get it during the current sale. I mean, watch its price graph, it's practicalle a square wave. :D

*watch it never go on sale again and Psychoward hating me forever* :D

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Hadn't seen this mentioned yet.

Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot | Out: 26th July

If you're up for even more immersive freedom fighting, keep an eye out for Bethesda's PS VR shooter that casts you as a daring hacker on a mission to take control of Nazi war machines. Ram, shoot and burn your way through Paris as you liberate the City of Love using your enemies' weapons against them.

Here's last year's E3 trailer:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Any feedback on Sairento from people here? Game looks awesome, might be my next purchase.