• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Ive gotta get my camera higher up for Superhot VR, if my hands are up really high or really low it fails to accurately track them. That combined with the weird checkpointing is pretty frustrating tbh.

Also what's the best way to make sure the Moves are being accurately tracked? There isn't a recalibration thing like the wii motion plus had so I'm interested in how I can tell if the moves are still performing at their peak or if they're slipping and can be improved. Thanks!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ive gotta get my camera higher up for Superhot VR, if my hands are up really high or really low it fails to accurately track them. That combined with the weird checkpointing is pretty frustrating tbh.

Also what's the best way to make sure the Moves are being accurately tracked? There isn't a recalibration thing like the wii motion plus had so I'm interested in how I can tell if the moves are still performing at their peak or if they're slipping and can be improved. Thanks!
there is a calibration thing, it's just hidden in the system options and has to be done outside of a game (I think).

it will have you put every piece of the headset in a certain spot of the camera and check to make sure your light sources are proper ect.

keep in mind that it also calibrates at a given light, so if your light levels in your room change it can make tracking fail to work properly.

I don't remember how to get to the VR system calibration though ^^;

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
there is a calibration thing, it's just hidden in the system options and has to be done outside of a game (I think).

it will have you put every piece of the headset in a certain spot of the camera and check to make sure your light sources are proper ect.

keep in mind that it also calibrates at a given light, so if your light levels in your room change it can make tracking fail to work properly.

I don't remember how to get to the VR system calibration though ^^;
Ok yeah I already do that, turns out the issue was my camera just isnt picking up enough of the floor

For now I just bumped up the floor height in beat saber to overcompensate

Speaking of beat saber, the fact that the scoring mechanism is exactly the opposite of how good technique is on the drums (i.e. all in the wrists and avoid large arcs outside of specific moments) is super unintuitive as someone who's played the drums on and off since I was like 10

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The solution I found for this is to turn on the headset for a while and let it warm up before you use it. Always seems to work for me.
Got it, also semi-related but should I get a headband or two for beat saber sessions? I was sweating quite a bit even with a fan and shirtless and can't imagine it's any good for the headset especially long trrm

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Speaking of beat saber, the fact that the scoring mechanism is exactly the opposite of how good technique is on the drums (i.e. all in the wrists and avoid large arcs outside of specific moments) is super unintuitive as someone who's played the drums on and off since I was like 10

I don't have Beat Saber (and haven't drummed outside Guitar Hero, hahah), but this threw me for a loop too when using swords in Rec Room (flicks don't work, you need to swing with the whole arm). It does makes sense since you wouldn't slash something with a sword as if you were lightly tapping them with a wand. :) In this case, this worked against years of WiiMote conditioning.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't have Beat Saber (and haven't drummed outside Guitar Hero, hahah), but this threw me for a loop too when using swords in Rec Room (flicks don't work, you need to swing with the whole arm). It does makes sense since you wouldn't slash something with a sword as if you were lightly tapping them with a wand. :) In this case, this worked against years of WiiMote conditioning.
Yeah haha, although Red Steel 2 did it right, and at least that makes sense cause it's a sword, beat saber was a bit different since it's a rhythm game but looking it up the scoring system does make sense for higher level play.

Lol, I can't help you with that one!
All good, got a 5 pack of headbands lol

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
So was thinking of getting myself and my friend to buy Killing Floor now thats its on sale, I recall hearing a lot that the co op was busted on the game for the player that joins, was this ever fixed? is it really an issue?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anybody with Beat Saber know why the score tracker in the upper left hand corner has disappeared on me? Had some friends playing it and they must have messed that up somehow.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Anybody with Beat Saber know why the score tracker in the upper left hand corner has disappeared on me? Had some friends playing it and they must have messed that up somehow.
it's in the options on the left side before you start a song, user options, it's called full hud or something like that.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I somehow turned on static lights for beat saber and used that for like my first 3 hours of play. Glad I managed to get back to the default because it's so much cooler this way lol

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Wow I picked up killing floor incursion in the recent sale and hot damn that is one of the the best VR games I have played. I mean Blood and Truth who? Within minutes of picking up KF I had my gun and flashlight up John Wick style while slowly walking through some creepy ass woods filled with groans and growls. I was throwing knives at crawlers like I have been practicing for years. The inventory system feels natural. The guns dear god, the guns have had so much love and effort poured into them they are without a doubt the best guns I have seen in VR.

I honestly have no idea why this game isn't being showered with the highest praise. Maybe because it's not exclusive? It puts Blood and Truth to shame. I can't believe I have been ignoring this game for so long just because I barely see a mention of it here. If I had to give it one critique it's that it doesn't share Borderlands 2 locomotion of going where you are pointing the move. That features makes walking backwards while firing feel natural. Need to give the controls a bit more time but so far it's a 10 out of 10 game. It's the John Wick of zombie games. As far as PSVR goes, I don't think it gets much better than this.

Thanks for your feedback.

My friend and I had a blast with Rec Room castlevania like mini game. I cannot wait to play KF with him as he just bought the game which I will do so shortly. This looks like the perfect game for co op. The dev seems to put some good effort too!

I wonder if the gun sim accessory works with KF. That would be cool.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for your feedback.

My friend and I had a blast with Rec Room castlevania like mini game. I cannot wait to play KF with him as he just bought the game which I will do so shortly. This looks like the perfect game for co op. The dev seems to put some good effort too!

I wonder if the gun sim accessory works with KF. That would be cool.
Is Rec Room any fun without a dedicated co-op buddy?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I dont know. We met a random kid who played with us for 3 hours I think on that mini game and he was ok. I can tell he was def younger than us. It's weird to think you end up playing with teenagers lol.

But I mean some of the mini games require team work and effort so lots of time they wont be acting like idiots. If you join the battle Royal mode, that's where it sounds like you are in the cafeteria of a middle school.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You'll probably feel like a primary school teacher trying to keep a bunch of children under control during a field trip.
Lol alright I'll try it out.

Also the demos for The Persistence and EVE Valkyrie were abysmal. Which is weird since I've heard a lot of praise for the former.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I cant do it

Cannot do it

The original until dawn wasnt scary at all and I heard that Rush of Blood was even goofier iirc but the start of chapter 2 when the two people pop up to the left of you... ive tried to go through it 3 times now and I know what's coming and I still can't do it. Christ.

And that's only the 2nd chapter

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
I cant do it

Cannot do it

The original until dawn wasnt scary at all and I heard that Rush of Blood was even goofier iirc but the start of chapter 2 when the two people pop up to the left of you... ive tried to go through it 3 times now and I know what's coming and I still can't do it. Christ.

VR Backlog:
- Rush of Blood

Aight, fuck that then...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Interestingly, if you play solo, it becomes a super hardcore game, because it's game over if you're hit once. So if you're into that, it can be fun too. :D

I cant do it

Cannot do it

Uh, the second chapter isn't even that scary. It's chapter 3 that turned up the heat for me, I nearly had a heart attack at the end.

Unfortunately I didn't get to play any more chapters after that. If anyone here completed it, does it keep getting scarier?

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
This thread seems to have dried up for reviews or pre-views, is there another thread now?
I'd say that it's a situation where major new announcements have dried up because of the natural transition to the next generation (PS5 and PSVR2).

There are still some cool releases on the horizon, like Iron Man. However, we may not hear of anything new in the AA or AAA category until E3 where a top-tier PSVR game announcement might be shown to also be eventually coming to the PSVR2 as well.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What do you guys prefer to play for Skyrim VR? Magic is probably the most improved, separate directions for both hands is a game changer and I love being able to see your hands coursing with magic but the constant pausing that magic builds require annoys me. Archery is fun but seems even more unwieldy at close quarters than the vanilla game and melee is neat with a shield but also pretty clunky compared to pretty much any other first person VR game with combat

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
What do you guys prefer to play for Skyrim VR? Magic is probably the most improved, separate directions for both hands is a game changer and I love being able to see your hands coursing with magic but the constant pausing that magic builds require annoys me. Archery is fun but seems even more unwieldy at close quarters than the vanilla game and melee is neat with a shield but also pretty clunky compared to pretty much any other first person VR game with combat
I love archery because it's so broken with Moves. You can fire like a machine gun.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Archery on easy is the way to play for me. It feels weird not having insta-kill when you shoot someone in the head with an arrow xD Easy settings fixes that for me. Makes it more realistic and enjoyable in a strange sort of way.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Sneak&Archery, with moves you feel like John wick with a bow, except your bow has the fire rate of a machine gun and sniper like precision. it's already broken in the 2d game, but it gets so overpowered in VR even on standard difficulty it's ridiculous.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Archery on easy is the way to play for me. It feels weird not having insta-kill when you shoot someone in the head with an arrow xD Easy settings fixes that for me. Makes it more realistic and enjoyable in a strange sort of way.
I'm mad the VR version has no CC or mods. I want survival and locational damage for starters.

Oct 28, 2017
Well I finally but the bullet and ordered move controllers. In a few days I'll find out what VR with motion controllers is like. So far I've only played games that support dualshock. Superhot will be the first game I play. What PSVR games should I get to make the most of the move?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Well I finally but the bullet and ordered move controllers. In a few days I'll find out what VR with motion controllers is like. So far I've only played games that support dualshock. Superhot will be the first game I play. What PSVR games should I get to make the most of the move?
Batman if it's cheap. It lacks replay value but its bloody amazing while it lasts.

Oct 28, 2017
Batman if it's cheap. It lacks replay value but its bloody amazing while it lasts.
I actually already have that! Bought it in a VR sale ages ago and was miffed when I discovered after I bought it that it was move only.

I did literally no research when I bought a bunch of games in that sale. My PSVR was new there was a sale so I bought a bunch of stuff without thinking lol

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
What do you guys prefer to play for Skyrim VR?
VR or not, I always wind up playing Elder Scrolls games as a stealth archery sniper. I also wound up using the Dualshock instead of the Moves - I gave them a try for a number of hours, and appreciated the amount of work Bethesda put into trying to get them to work with a game that wasn't designed with them in mind, but eventually switched back to the controller the devs had in mind from the very beginning and happily played another 120 hours or so.

There's no question the PSVR version of Skyrim takes a big hit in graphics, but now that I've played it in VR (and I'd already put over a hundred hours into the flat version), I can't imagine going back. There's just no comparison with how the real world falls away to be replaced by all of the world of Skyrim.

What PSVR games should I get to make the most of the move?
Rush Of Blood is much more entertaining with Moves rather than the Dualshock. Tumble VR is a great "introduce friends to VR" game that uses Moves well. Apex Construct, I'd argue, does Move archery much better than Skyrim.