• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Ok so I started playing Superhot VR.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!

With that said what I just encountered was really bad game design. I didn't kill a guy in time wasted all the ammo for weapons I had, had nothing to throw there's literally no way to beat this level now and the guy in the helicopter is just standing there doing nothing not even shooting me.

Ok gotta restart the level I guess.....THERE'S NO WAY TO RESTART A LEVEL?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! No way to even get back to a main menu or nothing. I literally have to close the entire game and load the whole game back up.

Sorry that's just bad game design.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The shotgun gets an upgrade where you can reload it with one hand by shaking it down, but I still found it better to pump it as it allowed me to keep my aim.
Sword throwing takes a bit to get used to (you can control it mid-flight) but it's quite fun, and so is telekinesis once you unlock it with that character.
My biggest issue is with the bow guy, where I end up swapping hands half of the time I want to nock an arrow. It's the exact same button, you grab the string to nock, and the bow handle to swap hands, so in the heat of battle when you're quick-firing arrows and can't afford to be super precise it happens constantly (and stops you in your tracks until you swap back). I even messaged the devs about it and they told me they'd look at it, but I don't know if they fixed it. The issue is exclusive to PSVR as on PC they're different buttons.

Yeah, Raw Data has multiplayer (both co-op and versus, I think) on PC, but they removed it for the PSVR version. :/
Yeah I noticed the same thing practicing with the bow lol

And aww man I thought the PSVR version for all 3 had co-op. That sucks. A launch price of 40 dollars is a bit absurd then

Arizona is much better played with Moves unfortunately. Dualwielding handguns gives better gameplay and allows for picking up items and such more naturally.
Damn so I literally just enjoy this thing with Borderlands 2 and that's it lol. Farpoint too but I don't like the game itself that much.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Rez Infinite's campaign I still don't really 'get' what to do with bosses and it's always frustrating in a game when you don't know if your inputs are having much effect or if you're doing things the right way. Plus there's like 3 different movement/camera settings and like 3 different aim settings, plus I don't know whether to use a ds4 or the moves. The sound and visuals are a treat though and Area X is fantastic.
Use the DS4 for Rez. Aim with your head and just use buttons to fire and overdrive (and forward/reverse in Area X). If you're seated and you need to look behind a lot, like during boss 4, you can rotate the camera with the stick and then rotate it back when the boss moves back in front of you. I can't remember what the other camera settings actually do.

For bosses it depends on your objective. For score attack you want to 'milk' the boss before killing it by farming the small destructible parts without doing too much damage to the core, trying for x8 lock-on as much as possible. But there's risk/reward because if you let the fight drag on too long, the boss will self-destruct and you won't get the bonus for killing it.

If you're not playing for high scores, just focus on the the core and destroying projectiles.

Oct 28, 2017
Few games are Superhot levels of cool, but if you want suggestions of great vr games, there's a A LOT to choose from.
Suggest them all!

These are the VR games I've played:

Astro Bot
Moss
RE7
Tetris Effect
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Statik
PSVR Worlds
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Superhot VR

I also have Batman VR and Blood and Truth but haven't played them yet.

I'm tempted to go ahead and finally buy No Mans Sky now that it's getting VR support.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Suggest them all!

These are the VR games I've played:

Astro Bot
Moss
RE7
Tetris Effect
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Statik
PSVR Worlds
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Superhot VR

I also have Batman VR and Blood and Truth but haven't played them yet.

I'm tempted to go ahead and finally buy No Mans Sky now that it's getting VR support.
Beat Saber x100

Use the DS4 for Rez. Aim with your head and just use buttons to fire and overdrive (and forward/reverse in Area X). If you're seated and you need to look behind a lot, like during boss 4, you can rotate the camera with the stick and then rotate it back when the boss moves back in front of you. I can't remember what the other camera settings actually do.

For bosses it depends on your objective. For score attack you want to 'milk' the boss before killing it by farming the small destructible parts without doing too much damage to the core, trying for x8 lock-on as much as possible. But there's risk/reward because if you let the fight drag on too long, the boss will self-destruct and you won't get the bonus for killing it.

If you're not playing for high scores, just focus on the the core and destroying projectiles.
Got it thanks. I pretty much always try to go for at least a 4x lockon, should I not be doing that?

Also for superhot VR I need a camera stand since the camera is on top of my TV and still below eye level. The cabinet it's on would be like a foot and a half lower then even that.

What's a good, cheap one to use?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Damn so I literally just enjoy this thing with Borderlands 2 and that's it

Beat Saber x100

Got it thanks. I pretty much always try to go for at least a 4x lockon, should I not be doing that?
For score, if you can get x8, get x8. It multiplies the score for everything you hit, so if you can link a 1000 point spaceship to 7 10 point missiles, the ship is now worth 8000 points, and each missile is worth 80. If there's an enemy that takes multiple hits, try to link it to something else before you fire. So a ship that dies after 4 hits can be linked to another ship that dies in 4 hits, so you get x8 for both. There are enemies that take exactly 8 hits, and sometimes you hit it 7 times because a missile got in the way. So you should try to link that last 1 hit to another 7 targets to maximise the score. The more you play the levels, the more you'll learn to recognise these opportunities.

Don't care about score? You can just hammer the fire button. But the game sounds terrible if you do that! So just don't take risks.

There's a setting to display the point values of your targets in score attack, which I think is off by default. It helps a lot to turn it on.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
For score, if you can get x8, get x8. It multiplies the score for everything you hit, so if you can link a 1000 point spaceship to 7 10 point missiles, the ship is now worth 8000 points, and each missile is worth 80. If there's an enemy that takes multiple hits, try to link it to something else before you fire. So a ship that dies after 4 hits can be linked to another ship that dies in 4 hits, so you get x8 for both. There are enemies that take exactly 8 hits, and sometimes you hit it 7 times because a missile got in the way. So you should try to link that last 1 hit to another 7 targets to maximise the score. The more you play the levels, the more you'll learn to recognise these opportunities.

Don't care about score? You can just hammer the fire button. But the game sounds terrible if you do that! So just don't take risks.

There's a setting to display the point values of your targets in score attack, which I think is off by default. It helps a lot to turn it on.
Oh Ive just been doing story or campaign or whatever. Is that not the preferred first mode?

And lol i had no idea that lock on was multiplying my score

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Oh Ive just been doing story or campaign or whatever. Is that not the preferred first mode?

And lol i had no idea that lock on was multiplying my score
For campaign mode all that matters is killing and collecting everything, and locking on multiple times doesn't change a thing except you make the coolest sound. :D

I can't remember if score attack is even unlocked right away. But I play the campaign once to unlock stuff, then mainly play score attack, or stoned mode (Travelling mode) when I just want to enjoy the trippy visuals.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here ever had a Move controller with a center button that would get stuck? I'm talking like the center button with the move logo on it. It gets stuck and it is really hard to pop it back out. My controllers are very rarely used so it's not dirty or anything.

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Arkham VR. It was pretty neat. It is what it is. A tech demo. But it was fun enough.

What is it with every VR in first person having floating hands instead of animating the whole body? Is there a technical reason for this? Is it nnot possible for VR to animate your whole body? To be fair some games do. Statik I believe did and Star Trek did. What's the reasoning behind the floating hands design choice? For certain games it has really taken me out of the experience, RE7 being the biggest example. I see No Mans Sky is doing the same thing.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday i discover that when i'm siting on my couch.... the widdle is getting insane I've read a lot about this yesterday, my camera is about the distance of cable of the PSVR and at level of my eyes, I've tried play total dark, reset my ps4, put helmet stable for 10 min on, my light intensity etc name it... still widdle like hell. But if i take a chair, and advance just 2 feet in front then eveything is totally fine, no fast backward foward move. also have a second v2 camera setup up the air 1,5 feet over for my PS aim and it does the same thing but at much smaller scale (I'm pretty far to have a nice mouvement).

I have a brown leather couch does it could be the cause with the glossy finish ? I've heard rec room have something calibrate really worth to download just to try it ? Help would be appreciated !

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Finished Arkham VR. It was pretty neat. It is what it is. A tech demo. But it was fun enough.

What is it with every VR in first person having floating hands instead of animating the whole body? Is there a technical reason for this? Is it nnot possible for VR to animate your whole body? To be fair some games do. Statik I believe did and Star Trek did. What's the reasoning behind the floating hands design choice? For certain games it has really taken me out of the experience, RE7 being the biggest example. I see No Mans Sky is doing the same thing.

There are multiple technical reasons why your VR "body" usually limits to your hands. Since the game only knows where your head and hands are, it would have to guess where your body is: this is called inverse kinematics, and it can be done, but it usually gets the body or even arm positions hilariously wrong or twitchy (or, most often, both, especially considering PSVR's inherent tracking issues), which is far more immersion-breaking and annoying.

IIRC, Statik displays your forearms, and even then it can only get away with it because it's controller-based (two points of reference to match, including the headset, rather than three) and you don't see your hands (it doesn't have to worry about wrist joints).

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Is Skyrim VR worth it for a third of the normal price? I have Move controllers. I think I'm looking for a sense of immersion in particular.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Did you try the demo? I did, and didn't buy it. But trying that would tell you more about whether you'd like it than anyone else's impressions.
I didnt know about the demo. I will check it. I was browsing through the vr games on sale. Thought 10 bucks cant hurt. I only looked up a youtube video and it looks interesting but dont know how much it changes over time.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

There are multiple technical reasons why your VR "body" usually limits to your hands. Since the game only knows where your head and hands are, it would have to guess where your body is: this is called inverse kinematics, and it can be done, but it usually gets the body or even arm positions hilariously wrong or twitchy (or, most often, both, especially considering PSVR's inherent tracking issues), which is far more immersion-breaking and annoying.

IIRC, Statik displays your forearms, and even then it can only get away with it because it's controller-based (two points of reference to match, including the headset, rather than three) and you don't see your hands (it doesn't have to worry about wrist joints).

Other games do it. I don't have one on top of my head, but most of the time it ends up feeling weird. Try a few games with arms and you'll see that disconnected hands is better.

Tracking our arms would help, but sometime just the shape, scale and size makes it pretty uncomfortable.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London

Look up videos for LA Noir VR to see why most games don't animate the arms.

It looks hilariously bad.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Statik animates your arms because your arms are actually weird flexible tube things where twisting them in completely unfeasible ways is possible.

PLEASE everyone give WipEout Omega Collection a go! It's free on Plus this month, entirely playable in VR (even online!) and it's one of the most incredible VR games out there.
Seconded. I had it before VR and loved it and now I'm finally able to handle the motion sickness a little bit and it's even better. You can even still play in 3rd person if you want.

Firewall is amazing.
Ah forgot about that since it hasn't been on sale since I got my headset. I want to try it but the connection issues, lack of sale, straight upgrade progression, weird perks for characters (one just straight up absorbs more damage iirc and the rest aren't as useful), player size concerns and the fact that I've already spent a metric shitton on VR stuff has me hesitant.

Also is the Star Trek Bridge Crew DLC worth it? It's on sale with the base game in a bundle but not on sale separately. Also is Transferrence worth picking up? It seems super interesting.

And how's the playerbase for Werewolves Within or w/e and Eagle Flight? Probably dead, right?

Oct 28, 2017
Ok so I've been playing Blood and Truth and I have mixed reactions. On the one hand, it's awesome. On the other hand it highlights more than any other PSVR game the limitations and issues with PSVR. I don't know if it's the limited view if the camera or shitty motion tracking on the Moves or a combination of both, but at times things can get real awkward. Like, I'll need to turn quite a bit to aim at a dude or lean quite far and all of sudden the aim goes out of wack or something weird happens.

Oct 28, 2017
GRRR

Yeah seriously guys Blood and Truth is really highlighting some serious problems with PSVR as it is. I'm very hungry for PSVR 2. We need better tracking. We need a better camera we need better motion controllers. Games like this just aren't as smooth as they should be. I look forward to next gen VR making these types of experiences less flawed.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have you tried adjusting your camera's position? Not saying it'll fix it but it can sometimes help.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
I had zero issues with tracking in Blood & Truth, in fact, i found it worked very well. But i have my camera on a tripod and using an extension cable, so i can optimize the position very precisely.

Oct 28, 2017
Having a much better experience with regards to tracking today. Fully charged moves make them track better?

With that said Blood and Truth has serious problems all its own. I just can't help but feel the gameplay feels so awkward. It has some bad design decisions. Look it's VR I get the need to try to make everything have a tactile function, but sometimes the option of a good old button press would be the better option.

Lets talk about reloading. It's a fucking chore. The option of an automatic reload at the press of a button should be here. Grabbing the clip and physically putting it in seems neat at first, but the further you get and the more demanding and fast the combat encounters, the more unwieldy it is. It feels like I'm thinking about so many things especially when different weapons have bullets that go in in different ways. And on many occasions I've accidentally shot my gun when trying to grab a clip because grabbing and shooting are on the same button and I'm trying to do things quick.

But lets talk about the basic act of aiming and shooting. It's so damn hard! I literally have to close one eye to aim effectively in this game. I'd like an option to have an on screen reticule. Doesn't have to be default, but I'd like the option even if the game labels that easy mode. For whatever reason I find seeing where I'm shooting damn near impossible without closing an eye.

Sometimes the game is awesome and I like the game all in all. There are moments in this game that have been really cool. But it's not exactly the most......natural and comfortable to play PSVR game I've played.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Has anyone played with a Navigation Controller recently? I've had two since 2011, but never used or charged them - not even once.

Decided to give them a go today, as I was planning on using them on PC, as an alternative to WASD, and they won't turn on. Charged them for several hours, through various methods (Sony's official charging station, third-party dock, connected directly to the PC via USB), and the same behavior occurs: red LEDs flash when charging, but never stop blinking - even after leaving them charging overnight. When I press the PS button, nothing happens. If I do the same thing on my 2011 Move controllers (which I also never used), the red lights flash as if they were trying to pair.

If I connect them to the PC via USB, Windows recognizes them as "Navigation Controllers". I tried pairing them to an 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter (I'd read that you need a separate Bluetooth receiver for the NavCons) using ScpToolkit, and even though the drivers were apparently properly installed (except for the two controllers at the same time), I can't get the NavCons to work on PC in any way, shape or form.

Are the batteries dead? Weird that the PS Move controllers still seem to work.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Has anyone played with a Navigation Controller recently? I've had two since 2011, but never used or charged them - not even once.

Decided to give them a go today, as I was planning on using them on PC, as an alternative to WASD, and they won't turn on. Charged them for several hours, through various methods (Sony's official charging station, third-party dock, connected directly to the PC via USB), and the same behavior occurs: red LEDs flash when charging, but never stop blinking - even after leaving them charging overnight. When I press the PS button, nothing happens. If I do the same thing on my 2011 Move controllers (which I also never used), the red lights flash as if they were trying to pair.

If I connect them to the PC via USB, Windows recognizes them as "Navigation Controllers". I tried pairing them to an 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter (I'd read that you need a separate Bluetooth receiver for the NavCons) using ScpToolkit, and even though the drivers were apparently properly installed (except for the two controllers at the same time), I can't get the NavCons to work on PC in any way, shape or form.

Are the batteries dead? Weird that the PS Move controllers still seem to work.

Anecdotal, but I was entirely convinced my PS Moves were dead after being unused since last generation, and not being able to hold a charge for more than a few seconds, even after charging overnight. Then, I don't know what happened, but eventually they charged up and now they hold charge normally (few hours of play). I really have no explanation for what happened; I think I used a better charger / cable, or perhaps they just needed to be charged several times, but perhaps try doing something similar, charging them with a different charger and cable (especially if you're using the PS4 to charge them).

On the other hand, the X360 wireless controller's battery I had (bought separately, at that) also died but I couldn't get it to work ever again. :P

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Anecdotal, but I was entirely convinced my PS Moves were dead after being unused since last generation, and not being able to hold a charge for more than a few seconds, even after charging overnight. Then, I don't know what happened, but eventually they charged up and now they hold charge normally (few hours of play). I really have no explanation for what happened; I think I used a better charger / cable, or perhaps they just needed to be charged several times, but perhaps try doing something similar, charging them with a different charger and cable (especially if you're using the PS4 to charge them).

On the other hand, the X360 wireless controller's battery I had (bought separately, at that) also died but I couldn't get it to work ever again. :P

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I already charged them a few times using different methods and even cables, but I'll keep trying, now that you shared a similar experience.

What's weird is that the LEDs don't even blink once when powering on the NavCons. I assume that the behavior should be the same as the Move controllers, which flash for a few seconds and then turn off.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I already charged them a few times using different methods and even cables, but I'll keep trying, now that you shared a similar experience.

What's weird is that the LEDs don't even blink once when powering on the NavCons. I assume that the behavior should be the same as the Move controllers, which flash for a few seconds and then turn off.

I can't remember but I think my Moves did blink for a bit before turning off. Not even lighting up once might be a bad sign...

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
I can't remember but I think my Moves did blink for a bit before turning off. Not even lighting up once might be a bad sign...

I decided to test the controllers on the PS4, since my PS3 isn't hooked up anymore.

First, the NavCons. Connected them to the front USB ports on my PS4 Pro, pressed the PS button, and the console immediately recognized them. I even managed to navigate the dash! Left them recharging through the PS4 itself for a while, unplugged them, pressed the PS button and... nothing. Not even a single blink.

Tried the Move controllers (which I'd previously attempted charging using the same methods as the NavCons). They were also immediately recognized, and kept working even after unplugging the cables, which means that they held their charges.

So, I guess that only the batteries in the NavCons died? Weird, considering that they were all purchased at the same time and have never been used. The Move does have a battery with a slightly larger capacity, could that be the reason? If so, are my Move controllers going to die soon?

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having a much better experience with regards to tracking today. Fully charged moves make them track better?

With that said Blood and Truth has serious problems all its own. I just can't help but feel the gameplay feels so awkward. It has some bad design decisions. Look it's VR I get the need to try to make everything have a tactile function, but sometimes the option of a good old button press would be the better option.

Lets talk about reloading. It's a fucking chore. The option of an automatic reload at the press of a button should be here. Grabbing the clip and physically putting it in seems neat at first, but the further you get and the more demanding and fast the combat encounters, the more unwieldy it is. It feels like I'm thinking about so many things especially when different weapons have bullets that go in in different ways. And on many occasions I've accidentally shot my gun when trying to grab a clip because grabbing and shooting are on the same button and I'm trying to do things quick.

But lets talk about the basic act of aiming and shooting. It's so damn hard! I literally have to close one eye to aim effectively in this game. I'd like an option to have an on screen reticule. Doesn't have to be default, but I'd like the option even if the game labels that easy mode. For whatever reason I find seeing where I'm shooting damn near impossible without closing an eye.

Sometimes the game is awesome and I like the game all in all. There are moments in this game that have been really cool. But it's not exactly the most......natural and comfortable to play PSVR game I've played.

Not played Blood and Truth and probably won't but everything you mention is what makes VR good. Having to reload, having to aim it's what makes it far more engaging.

One of the reasons I got bored of borderlands was due to it being so focused on the reticule and just a button press for reload, might be worth you checking it out if you haven't.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I decided to test the controllers on the PS4, since my PS3 isn't hooked up anymore.

First, the NavCons. Connected them to the front USB ports on my PS4 Pro, pressed the PS button, and the console immediately recognized them. I even managed to navigate the dash! Left them recharging through the PS4 itself for a while, unplugged them, pressed the PS button and... nothing. Not even a single blink.

Tried the Move controllers (which I'd previously attempted charging using the same methods as the NavCons). They were also immediately recognized, and kept working even after unplugging the cables, which means that they held their charges.

So, I guess that only the batteries in the NavCons died? Weird, considering that they were all purchased at the same time and have never been used. The Move does have a battery with a slightly larger capacity, could that be the reason? If so, are my Move controllers going to die soon?

It would seem the battery on the NavCons have died indeed. However, you need not worry about the Moves. Lithium batteries die when they are stored uncharged for a very long time (or unused for an even longer time, which has the same effect, because they slowly discharge on their own over time). This is because if the charge drops completely to zero, they simply can't be charged back. During normal use, devices with these batteries will shut off when the charge is still enough to provide a safe buffer, but when not charged for a long time, even this safeguard charge eventually dissipates.

Now that you've charged back your moves, they should be safe. Of course, lithium batteries also degrade over time and with use, most often seen with heavily used devices like mobile phones, but that's a separate issue.

I'm reading there may be a way to resurrect batteries that have been discharged too much, as long as the charge is not literally zero:
If a lithium-ion battery is discharged below 2.5 volts per cell, a safety circuit built into the battery opens and the battery appears to be dead. The original charger will be of no use. Only battery analyzers with the boost function have a chance of recharging the battery.
However, it seems to be quite an involved process, and potentially unsafe, so perhaps it's not worth the effort:

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
It would seem the battery on the NavCons have died indeed. However, you need not worry about the Moves. Lithium batteries die when they are stored uncharged for a very long time (or unused for an even longer time, which has the same effect, because they slowly discharge on their own over time). This is because if the charge drops completely to zero, they simply can't be charged back. During normal use, devices with these batteries will shut off when the charge is still enough to provide a safe buffer, but when not charged for a long time, even this safeguard charge eventually dissipates.

Now that you've charged back your moves, they should be safe. Of course, lithium batteries also degrade over time and with use, most often seen with heavily used devices like mobile phones, but that's a separate issue.

I'm reading there may be a way to resurrect batteries that have been discharged too much, as long as the charge is not literally zero:
If a lithium-ion battery is discharged below 2.5 volts per cell, a safety circuit built into the battery opens and the battery appears to be dead. The original charger will be of no use. Only battery analyzers with the boost function have a chance of recharging the battery.
However, it seems to be quite an involved process, and potentially unsafe, so perhaps it's not worth the effort:

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it. I'm also relieve to hear that at least the Move controllers will last for a little bit. If I'd known beforehand about batteries dying when left uncharged for long periods of time, I would've definitely charged the NavCons every now and then. Lesson learned!

The "resurrection" process you linked really doesn't look like it's worth the effort. I tried ordering a couple of replacement batteries, but, unfortunately, they don't ship internationally, due to safety restrictions. I may risk purchasing new controllers, but if they were manufactured at around the same time as mine, their batteries will most likely also be dead. There's only way of knowing for sure, I guess.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So my Moves arrived. These are pretty dogshit aren't they? First of all I was annoyed they didn't have any charge out of the box so could not be used right away. Then I discovered they don't even come with a charger! I had to unplug the USB cable connected to my PSVR just to charge one of them.

But hey now lets try using one. Why does this thing not have an analog stick? Navigating menus with motion is stupid. Controls in general feep so damn limited on these things.These things feel like a cheap and nasty motion control solution and the whole thing feels so lazy. Look if they were going to be pushing motion control for PSVR they should have released something new and something better. They absolutely need to do that next gen.

And why were these so expensive? They don't feel expensive!
The Moves are old, lackluster PS3 tech being repurposed for PSVR to clear out the massive warehouses filled with dusty old stock that was never purchased when the PS3 Move never took off. The $99 price tag is nothing more than Sony seizing the opportunity to make bank with little effort on their part.

The PS5 iteration of PSVR will be the first time Sony actually designs a controller with VR in mind (Aim controller not withstanding) though the forward compatibility of the current PSVR HMDs would imply that light based tracking is here to stay which is seriously concerning considering that it is easily the worst tracking solution available for any of the current VR platforms.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
SmartSelect_20190813-021413_YouTube.gif

Raw Data is neat

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it. I'm also relieve to hear that at least the Move controllers will last for a little bit. If I'd known beforehand about batteries dying when left uncharged for long periods of time, I would've definitely charged the NavCons every now and then. Lesson learned!

The "resurrection" process you linked really doesn't look like it's worth the effort. I tried ordering a couple of replacement batteries, but, unfortunately, they don't ship internationally, due to safety restrictions. I may risk purchasing new controllers, but if they were manufactured at around the same time as mine, their batteries will most likely also be dead. There's only way of knowing for sure, I guess.

OK, wait a second; I was about to ask what you wanted NavCons for to begin with, since pretty much no PSVR titles whatsoever use them (I think it's literally one or two games using them, optionally, in the entire catalog).

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
By any chance has anyone come up with an elegant solution to cover up the bottom of the PSVR's goggles? There's a tiny bit of open space where light can pass through under your eyes. It's not something I notice most of the time but it would be nice if there was a way to plug that up for the "total immersion".

Also I tried Wipeout Omega for the first time courtesy of PS+. That game is literally heart attack-inducing in VR. Had to muffle my voice from the excited yells.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looking forward to NMS impressions while I'm at work tomorrow.

I mentioned it in the discord, but having a base or meet up point would be cool to have.

Haven't played since around launch so I don't know how that would work though. I'll keep you guys posted but if anyone has any suggestions how to go about it pm me or just say so on here or on discord.

By any chance has anyone come up with an elegant solution to cover up the bottom of the PSVR's goggles? There's a tiny bit of open space where light can pass through under your eyes. It's not something I notice most of the time but it would be nice if there was a way to plug that up for the "total immersion".

Also I tried Wipeout Omega for the first time courtesy of PS+. That game is literally heart attack-inducing in VR. Had to muffle my voice from the excited yells.
Mostly moving up the headband usually helps cover most of the open gap.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Big day for physical release today, Sairento and The wizard the same day ! Can't wait to get try them both... too bad they release it same day as NMS, but my feeling it's going to be hard to play tonight the hype seem real.