• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
OK, wait a second; I was about to ask what you wanted NavCons for to begin with, since pretty much no PSVR titles whatsoever use them (I think it's literally one or two games using them, optionally, in the entire catalog).

Ha, that's fair. Even though I own a PSVR, I was planning on using the NavCons on my PC, as a hybrid solution for games that play better with a keyboard and mouse, since I suck at WASD. I figured this thread would be an appropriate place to ask some questions. :P

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally trying out Blood & Truth and I'm not impressed. The moments where you're standing around and having a conversation or interacting with things in the environment are incredible and some of the best that a VR game has to offer but the actual meat - the gunplay - is just horrific. It's basically Bravo Team with fantastic interludes and a great story between the stationary shooting galleries.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Ha, that's fair. Even though I own a PSVR, I was planning on using the NavCons on my PC, as a hybrid solution for games that play better with a keyboard and mouse, since I suck at WASD. I figured this thread would be an appropriate place to ask some questions. :P

Oooh, I see. That's actually pretty smart! I don't normally ask "why do you want to do this" when people ask for solutions (it's something I utterly hate when people do), but I wanted to prevent a scenario of someone new to PSVR that was under the impression that these were used frequently, especially before you invested in new batteries and such.

Anyway, worst case scenario, you can still play with them tethered, right? Unless you have your computer connected to your TV and use wireless keyboard and mouse, like I do. :D

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Well we finally made it, NMS in VR. Just had 40 mins with it and my god it's just unreal what we have at our disposal now in gaming, Instead of staring at a panel and using a pad to mine or shoot or pan the camera. I was actually getting the tool from my back, Admiring it up close, Switching between modes with ease. Then it began, The entering of my S class exotic ship. And flying to the nearest Trading post was just everything i wanted it to be. Iv'e had many many top tier VR experiences, But this is right up there already because everything has been configuered for VR.

And i havent even tried co-op yet or going to my freighter.

How in the world other devs are gonna give short experiences now this is out is going to be interesting.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony has confirmed that current PSVR will work in PS5. I assume that there will be new PSVR games that has developed with PS5 hardware, how much better those game will look to compare to current PSVR games, what do you think.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Sony has confirmed that current PSVR will work in PS5. I assume that there will be new PSVR games that has developed with PS5 hardware, how much better those game will look to compare to current PSVR games, what do you think.
They should look much better. PSVR is just a display like a TV. I only have a 720p TV, but games from this gen still look way better than games from last gen. It will be the same with PSVR's screen.

Especially as (hopefully) PS5 will always use the full resolution of the PSVR display. A game like Driveclub would look way better just by running at native res.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Oooh, I see. That's actually pretty smart! I don't normally ask "why do you want to do this" when people ask for solutions (it's something I utterly hate when people do), but I wanted to prevent a scenario of someone new to PSVR that was under the impression that these were used frequently, especially before you invested in new batteries and such.

Anyway, worst case scenario, you can still play with them tethered, right? Unless you have your computer connected to your TV and use wireless keyboard and mouse, like I do. :D

Oh, I don't mind your asking! Like I said, it was a fair question, considering that the NavCons were never really used (not even in the PS3 days). :P

And my PC setup is exactly the same as yours. Good news, though: one of my NavCons miraculously started working untethered! I haven't had a chance to test it on the PC, but it did turn on the PS4 and worked on the dashboards wirelessly.

I also purchased a new one, which, hopefully, will also be fully functional.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
They should look much better. PSVR is just a display like a TV. I only have a 720p TV, but games from this gen still look way better than games from last gen. It will be the same with PSVR's screen.

Especially as (hopefully) PS5 will always use the full resolution of the PSVR display. A game like Driveclub would look way better just by running at native res.

Not just native res: excess horsepower could be used to apply advanced forms of antialiasing or even multisampling.

Oh, I don't mind your asking! Like I said, it was a fair question, considering that the NavCons were never really used (not even in the PS3 days). :P

And my PC setup is exactly the same as yours. Good news, though: one of my NavCons miraculously started working untethered! I haven't had a chance to test it on the PC, but it did turn on the PS4 and worked on the dashboards wirelessly.

I also purchased a new one, which, hopefully, will also be fully functional.

OK, curiosity forces me to ask again. :D Why do you need two of them? Local multiplayer?

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
After playing No Man's Sky last night, I'm inclined to wait for the PS5 boost. Maybe they'll release a patch for the Pro in the meantime, but as it stands, anything out of arm's reach is just a bit too blurry for me. I'm really hoping for that Pro patch, though. I still managed to get that giddy feeling when I first grabbed the flight controls and blasted off planet.

Side gripe: they need to stop with the "out of play area" message box pop-up every time I try to do something fun. If I want to hang my head outside the canopy of my spacecraft while travelling in hyperspace, that's my business.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I purchase PSVR last week and i have to say that i have seen the light :)
It's really amazing how immerse it is, you are actually inside the game, not just watching outside like 2D screens.

Astro Bot is insanely cool, when you play it, you immediately understand VR potential.
I also love Skyrim VR, Pro version at least is really awesome.

I have not get any VR sickness at all, i played Skyrim VR 3 hours straight with one small break in traditional DS4 controls easily.
I have also played RIGS, Wipeout and Battlefornt Star Wars VR, in those games bad places i get sometimes little uneasy feeling in my head, like i'm about to fall even if i'm sitting, but i can snap out of that feeling instantly.

I was wondering does real life hobbies effect VR sickness tolerance, i have been inline-skating for years and that is high balance activity.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
So I've really gotten used to the gameplay in Blood and Truth now and I really like it. Also I discovered today that if you press the other buttons on the move controllers you can do things with your fingers. I'm disappointed that no characters react when you give them middle fingers.

Oct 28, 2017
Well we finally made it, NMS in VR. Just had 40 mins with it and my god it's just unreal what we have at our disposal now in gaming, Instead of staring at a panel and using a pad to mine or shoot or pan the camera. I was actually getting the tool from my back, Admiring it up close, Switching between modes with ease. Then it began, The entering of my S class exotic ship. And flying to the nearest Trading post was just everything i wanted it to be. Iv'e had many many top tier VR experiences, But this is right up there already because everything has been configuered for VR.

And i havent even tried co-op yet or going to my freighter.

How in the world other devs are gonna give short experiences now this is out is going to be interesting.
I found the Move controls to be absolute garbage ridiculously uniintuitive and pretty much unplayable. Dualshock is the only way I could have any form of comfort playing No Mans Sky. My opinion of the actual game isn't good but that's a different subject. As for VR, I found space flight to be awesome, but on foot felt underwhelming and pretty ugly in VR actually.

I did try to give Move controls a chance but holy hell did I find it uncomfortable. These types of games need a proper controller and this is exactly why Sony need to come out with a better motion controller solution next gen. Moves are just too limited.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I found the Move controls to be absolute garbage ridiculously uniintuitive and pretty much unplayable. Dualshock is the only way I could have any form of comfort playing No Mans Sky. My opinion of the actual game isn't good but that's a different subject. As for VR, I found space flight to be awesome, but on foot felt underwhelming and pretty ugly in VR actually.

I did try to give Move controls a chance but holy hell did I find it uncomfortable. These types of games need a proper controller and this is exactly why Sony need to come out with a better motion controller solution next gen. Moves are just too limited.
I found the Move controls for NMS actually really cool, is it because you're new to the platform and don't have the muscle memory down yet?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I got Firewall and it's neat but I hate how the customization is just grindy straight upgrades instead of sidegrades. I also had some lag/rubberbanding that's super noticeable and I don't think the sprint speed is fast enough. Could be a bit higher. Also no way to increase smooth turn speed sucks and the nonexistent destruction coming from Siege hurts. I also don't like how opening doors is a toggle instead of a gradual thing thats based on your arm movement instead of just pressing X, enemies seem a bit too spongey, the resolution makes it hard to discern enemies at long distances and HATE that voice chat is disabled during loading.

Also got some really nasty aim drift during the end of my session that basically was an instant death sentence.

Also only one mode with kicks to lobbies every time is a bit annoying as well.

Overall still enjoying the novelty of it however.

I also got Pixel Ripped and that is... odd. The NPCs are terrifying giants and the sound mixing seems all over the place,a cool concept for sure though.

Got Electronauts because of the sale and free update and it's fun but the pitiful amount of instruments and no way to record custom creations even if it's just locally hurts a bit too.

Eagle flight was neat and I'm looking forward to being more precise in that.

Driveclub VR is blurry yeah and the sense of speed isn't close to Wipeout but it's still a lot of fun and worth the 7.50 pricetag.

I just did the tutorials for Star Trek Bridge Crew though and I can tell that's gonna be a lot of fun.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I found the Move controls for NMS actually really cool, is it because you're new to the platform and don't have the muscle memory down yet?
As someone who spent over a hundred hours in Skyrim I immediately felt at home when starting NMS with the moves. Only walking backwards works better in Skyrim, I ended up triggering the scan mode from time to time.

I'm fine with the IQ, I did not expect much better, given the nature of the game. Can't wait to try mulitplayer, will try to play with a friend tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here have an opinion on Here They Lie? I'm heavily considering it because weird shit is my thing but I just can't bring myself to buy it because reviews have been so mixed. Guess I just need a little push in one way direction or the other.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I'm not really sure how to feel about it. I don't think I have ever played something so off putting and enticing at the same time. There is something special there, but a lack of options and feeling like I have vision problems when I'm in dark areas is hard to stomach. I think I will buy it just because it was so damn unique and for some reason the discomfort made it feel even more immersive.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Does anyone here have an opinion on Here They Lie? I'm heavily considering it because weird shit is my thing but I just can't bring myself to buy it because reviews have been so mixed. Guess I just need a little push in one way direction or the other.
I thought it was an interesting play. It has a really unnerving atmosphere and does a good job keeping you from ever feeling comfortable. The main thing to understand going into it is it has no combat whatsoever. You simply interact with objects in each area that may or may not make things happen, but there is no direct confrontation.

Have you played the demo? That pretty much gives a good idea what to expect.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was an interesting play. It has a really unnerving atmosphere and does a good job keeping you from ever feeling comfortable. The main thing to understand going into it is it has no combat whatsoever. You simply interact with objects in each area that may or may not make things happen, but there is no direct confrontation.

Have you played the demo? That pretty much gives a good idea what to expect.
Yeah I just did a couple hours ago. It really is something else. Never played anything quite like it and that makes it worth owning for me.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Yeah I just did a couple hours ago. It really is something else. Never played anything quite like it and that makes it worth owning for me.
Right on. I snagged it when it was on sale (though not as discounted as right now) and didn't regret the purchase. It's not a PSVR seller like Moss, Astro Bot or RE7, but it's absolutely a worthwhile eerie romp.

The game I need to finally crack open and play is Blood & Truth. I preordered the game and got it day one, but I haven't actually played it yet. I've been doing 99% of my gaming on Switch lately due to a long bus ride to/from work from Monday to Friday.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What the FUCK is up with the difficulty spikes in Rush of Blood and why is there no easy mode for the story

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's why I never finished it. Though I think it's possible I'd find the game easier now that I have Moves. I should go back to it and try it with Moves, but at the same time I don't really want to...
There's like a few really weird difficulty spikes that I had trouble with even with moves, and I finished it and the last level is just strange and then the game just kinda ends.

I never played it with a DS4 but I imagine it's much much better with the Moves at least.

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn guys Blood and Truth is getting really fucking good. My opinion of it has really turned around in the best way. Proper clicked for me now. I feel like a total badass.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
So, after a looong time, I finally decided Superhot VR deserved another chance, and wow, the last 3hrs went flying out of the window.

The first time I checked the game, I didn't like it much. I blame my old room setup, as I keep stumbling with furniture and failing lots of sections due not being able to get the moves to react as I wanted to grab the guns/items. So, I canned the game for a year I think. I changed my setup early this year, but it wasn't until today I decided to check Superhot again. Geez, I was wrong.

Once I was able to move more freely on my room, I really felt like I was in the Matrix movies or something.

Goddamn guys Blood and Truth is getting really fucking good. My opinion of it has really turned around in the best way. Proper clicked for me now. I feel like a total badass.

This also reminded me; one of the most common hyperbolic statements that always have my eyes rolling when reading about games are: "my knuckes were white while holding the controler" and "I'd to stop to take a breath", but I found that for the first time in my life, I actually had to pause the demo to catch my breath when playing the Blood and Truth demo. I actually finished the demo thinking 'this is the first time that the silly statement it's actually truth lol"

I gotta get that game later

Oct 28, 2017
Alright. Finished Blood and Truth. That's some good shit. Banging soundtrack by the way. Really hope this gets a sequel it definitely feels like they've set up for it the way it ends.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Where's a good place where I can pick up a PS Aim or PS Aim Bundle for cheap? I want to try it out, but $45-55 for a controller only four or five games support is really steep.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean lets be honest. Are Sony actually likely to get someone as big as Insomniac to make a PSVR exclusive? We've yet to see a major Sony first party make a big VR title. It's all small projects.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I mean lets be honest. Are Sony actually likely to get someone as big as Insomniac to make a PSVR exclusive? We've yet to see a major Sony first party make a big VR title. It's all small projects.

Yeah, that doesn't seem very realistic to me, unless they want to make a small game between large projects as a refreshing change. We're not getting a full-fledged AAA game from them.

Oct 28, 2017
I really do wish we would get a massive AAA VR title from Sony though. I mean, if Sony want to put some eyes on PSVR they are gonna have to at some point. If Sony really are serious about VR getting big, they are gonna have to throw some money down the drain for it. It just isn't something likely to happen.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I really do wish we would get a massive AAA VR title from Sony though. I mean, if Sony want to put some eyes on PSVR they are gonna have to at some point. If Sony really are serious about VR getting big, they are gonna have to throw some money down the drain for it. It just isn't something likely to happen.

There are ways to do this and minimize the financial risks:

- VRemaster PS3 games like Resistance, Killzone, MotorStorm etc. all these games would be playable on a flat screen on PS4/5 too, therefore you're not only addressing a small niche.

- Make games that work perfectly in 2D and VR like FPS, Racing games, Space Operas like COLONY WARS etc.

- With foveated rendering and nextgen specs it should be easier to port the big guns like Tsushima, Days Gone 2, Spidey 2 and Horizon 2 to PSVR2. I'm sure there's a way to bring these sort of games to VR.

- Or just buy Bluepoint and let them VRemake the whole COLONY WARS trilogy!!!1

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
There are ways to do this and minimize the financial risks:

- VRemaster PS3 games like Resistance, Killzone, MotorStorm etc. all these games would be playable on a flat screen on PS4/5 too, therefore you're not only addressing a small niche.

- Make games that work perfectly in 2D and VR like FPS, Racing games, Space Operas like COLONY WARS etc.

- With foveated rendering and nextgen specs it should be easier to port the big guns like Tsushima, Days Gone 2, Spidey 2 and Horizon 2 to PSVR2. I'm sure there's a way to bring these sort of games to VR.

I don't think you can just take any old game and turn it into a VR game. FPS games kind of work, as long as players don't get motion sickness from movement. Third person games like Spiderman or Horizon...

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

This is a constant source of confusion and despair to me. Things like the AC7 VR mode prove that a dogfighting aircraft/starship combat game is one of the most mindblowing VR experiences, and yet here we are without a single AAA single-player cockpit fighter VR game with a decent length campaign, even though Sony owns an IP that is begging for it.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you can just take any old game and turn it into a VR game. FPS games kind of work, as long as players don't get motion sickness from movement. Third person games like Spiderman or Horizon...
Would be amazing in VR, Imagine Spiderman where you are still following Spiderman but now the buildings around you are real size. The sense of speed that you get would be amazing. Or Horizon with the Thunderjaws and other huge robo dinos being real size. One of my dream VR games is The Witcher 3 VR, where you would really feel like you are entering towns, caves, seeing monsters flying over you, everything would be intensified. Or GOW3 in VR with the titans being extremely huge. Not all VR games need to be first person as Astrobot, Theseus, and Bound should show you