• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
RESET.jpg

As ResetEra is launching, here's a first draft of the PSVR OT. I'll be refining it and adding content as soon as possible.

UPCOMING8.jpg

discord.jpg

For an invite quote the reserved post underneath the OT. A discord link invite should show up.

faq.jpg

Do I need a PS4 Pro for VR to work?
No. But most games look better on it. But they should run just as fine on the regular PS4.

Should I get the aim controller?
If you can afford it and find one, absolutely.

I'm new to VR. What games should I start with?
It depends on your taste. But don't jump into Resident Evil 7, Farpoint or one of the driving games right away. Start with smaller, less intense experiences and build your VR legs. Once you get used to VR, you can start looking at more intense games.

Static experiences that are part of PSVR Worlds, Statik, any of the gallery shooters like Pixel Gear and even Batman: Arkham VR are good first experiences. If you don't mind horror and like roller coaster, you could try Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, especially since it's free with PS+ in November.

I'm having trouble with tracking, help!
1- Avoid having any reflective material in the room, or at least visible by the camera.

2- Avoid having any light sources, the darker the room, the better it is. Also this might help with with light bleeding.

3- Leave your PSVR on a FLAT surface when it is booting up for at least 30 seconds to a minute. This is the most important part, this solves wobbling and drift. Drift/Wobble again? Take it off and flat surface again for 30 secs. Do not turn off your PSVR and on again everytime you're facing problem, it will just reset the calibration, so just take it off and leave it on a flat surface.

4- Drift/wobble? Leave it on a flat surface again

5- If you have any tracking issue, calibrate it. Make sure your PS4 is not booted from rest mode. Do a restart/turn off and turn on. This is VERY important too.

6- For standing experience, you probably want to adjust the camera for a wider field of view. For sitting, try to sit as close as possible and adjust the camera to a lower place, seated head level. Camera should be set up left lens as the center point, this is very important, focus ONLY on the left lens. Try to be as center as possible from the camera point of view. Standing experience try to have at least head level camera and better if it's higher, pointing down. Stand at least 4.5-5 feet away from camera.

PS4 should boot up from powered off/restart, DO NOT start your VR session from a PS4 rest mode. Leave your PSVR on a FLAT surface when it is booting up.

I'm looking for a new game. Which one should I get?
My question isn't answered here.
Oops, ask it in the thread and I'm sure someone will be happy to help.

OT images credits: Bad_Boy

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
What's all this, we'll have no trouble here! Megaton Rainfall got a 1.03 patch but update notes still just say 1.01 :D

Mosse

Oct 25, 2017
We made it! Gonna take a while to get used to the new forum, but I like it so far.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
so many vr games that i needed to grab. megaton rainfall is probably the next on the list..

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
In :D

SportsBar VR is missing from recommended games list :P
Definitely try it if you have any interest in billiard and someone to play with in co-op( CherryPop still did not release 2.0 update which should allow crossplay with PC )

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Megaton Rainfall is pretty awesome. I pretty much spent a whole evening flying through the universe in VR with headphones on.

Quite an eerie, chilling experience actually.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks Hexa!

Updated the OT. Cleaned up the youtube links to be on the game titles.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Gran Turismo Sport in VR is so good. Using the Vision F1-looking cars in the Tokyo track at night going at over 300MPH felt so much fun. I got 3 PSVR games this month (GTS, REVII, and Summer Lessons Chisato), and they're all incredibly well done.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My cousin got one of these today but he's struggling with headaches from it which he didn't when trying one before. I suspect it's due to him playing RE7 which isn't teleport movement.

Suggestions for stuff he may find a bit more comfortable? I know he likes GT and being a cockpit game I was gonna recommend that but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My cousin got one of these today but he's struggling with headaches from it which he didn't when trying one before. I suspect it's due to him playing RE7 which isn't teleport movement.

Suggestions for stuff he may find a bit more comfortable? I know he likes GT and being a cockpit game I was gonna recommend that but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stationary games are a better option to start with. I'll add this as a question in the FAQ and add some actual game suggestions for that purpose. Too tired for this tonight. Hopefully I can get on here from work.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stationary games are a better option to start with. I'll add this as a question in the FAQ and add some actual game suggestions for that purpose. Too tired for this tonight. Hopefully I can get on here from work.
I'll be sure to check back in here then sometime! Yeah I figured he may have picked a bit of a bad starting point. Not sure what he played before but I get the feeling it had teleport movement.

The REVII demo back December or Jan gave me headaches like 5 minutes into playing. The full game however have yet to give cause any problems even after long sessions. Maybe my eyes just got used to playing in VR between those ~9 months.
This is what I'm suspecting. He's dived into the deep end and hasnt really got anything a bit tamer to try out in the mean time. Hopefully down the line he'll get used to it as RE is his favourite series and I've heard a lot of good stuff from people who seemed more acclimatized.

Last edited:

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017

The REVII demo back December or Jan gave me headaches like 5 minutes into playing. The full game however have yet to give cause any problems even after long sessions. Maybe my eyes just got used to playing in VR between those ~9 months.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Here's some catching up news for the past several days!

Discovery (Minecraft Rip off) trophy went live!
Should be coming soon: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6845-discovery

Exorcist Lion VR screenshots!
2.png

SecurityRoom_01copy.png

I Expect You To Die DLC released! It's fantastic!

Run Dororthy Run looking pretty solid, endless mode, stage mode etc.
trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_UU0d6wS4g&feature=youtu.be

Solus Project 1.04 out, fixes crash on Pro. Pro enhanced since 1.03

Rec Room closed beta opened cross play, all games!

Loco Dojo might be coming to PSVR, dev is now PS authorized dev
image.jpg

Thanks Bombermouse, Fastest Finger and others for these news in discord!

Last edited:

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Come on PD and Sony pls release a full content for GT Vr. I will throw my money at you in a heartbeat

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
To continue my project progress here, i'm 3D printing the Aliens pulserifle and fitting the insides of the Aim Controller into it.

pulse.jpg

My first task is to make sure the measurements add up, using the triggerguard as the measuring stick basically.
The biggest hurdle is the front grip. The pulserifle does not have a vertical grip. Aligning it sideways like in my concept image is going to be...painful to use.
Suggestions?

And yeah i know the looks of the aim is not important as you won't even see it, but this is more of a "why not" project for me :D

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
To continue my project progress here, i'm 3D printing the Aliens pulserifle and fitting the insides of the Aim Controller into it.

pulse.jpg

My first task is to make sure the measurements add up, using the triggerguard as the measuring stick basically.
The biggest hurdle is the front grip. The pulserifle does not have a vertical grip. Aligning it sideways like in my concept image is going to be...painful to use.
Suggestions?

And yeah i know the looks of the aim is not important as you won't even see it, but this is more of a "why not" project for me :D

That is so awesome, big fan of Aliens. Looking forward to updates on how this goes.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Gamefly has changed release date of The Inpatient to January, the 23rd, 2018.

If true, I'm not even mad. They should give it all the polish it needs. The demo build that was shown on Gamescom was a bit rough and full of graphical bugs, but that could have been very old.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Ok, just tried Monkey King demo.
I wouldn't call it demo, just a 2 minutes clip.
ZERO Freaking gameplay. Disappointing.

But the video is surprisingly good.