• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Get lens inserts people. It's the best thing for glasses wearers.

Damn, after that story, I'm more committed than ever to just keeping my glasses, since I don't NEED to get rid of them.

I'm still going to wait on some reports from users here though about which prescription lens providers are the best ones. Hopefully, they'll all be pretty good, but I can imagine some will be better than others.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Try both. Reading glasses are bad for VR, but computer glasses might be perfect. Depends on the focal distance. Sometimes I forget I'm still wearing my computer glasses and don't realise until I go outside and can't see distance. They'd work fine in VR.

Thanks. I'm a bit nervous about even wearing them and scratching the lenses, but not really ready to commit to these insert things people are mentioning.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I just played a bit during my lunch hour, Rez was indeed fun (not sure if there is eye tracking? didn't seem to be but I just played the first level).

But I played Tentacular and had to physically stop myself from continuing and go back to work it was that cool - I spent 10 minutes in the menu screen just throwing shit and playing with my tentacles. I mean, grabbing things with my tentacles. I mean

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I'm a bit nervous about even wearing them and scratching the lenses, but not really ready to commit to these insert things people are mentioning.

I have computer glasses too but I haven't tried them in VR yet, only my normal everyday glasses. I literally forget I'm wearing glasses at all, and I have a giant head and big frames.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't seem to do that for me, it just makes a pulse to all the remaining pieces but the ones I pulled from the starting grid stay there. It's so weird cause I saw a game play and a they just come back to the grid but I tried every button and nothing seems to work

If you want to put any pieces, or even the reference photos back to their original starting positions on the grid, just push forward with the sticks on the controller while holding the thing you want to put away. That's the "repel" function that sends things to their origin point.

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
perfect, thats what I have (lamp), but I also had my TV and overhead can light on (it was over a bit so not directly in the sight usually). I think I might play TV off or with the frame setting as there were some jumps as I was right in front of my bright tv (pistol whip)

Same happened to me in Pistol Whip. 1m from my 65 OLED. I think it messed it. By jumps do you mean the whole picture was moving with the headset?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
What the actual fuck

Details​
Price​
Resident Evil Village Gold Edition PS4 & PS5 (Game)
$59.99​

I guess the "free" VR upgrade wasn't so free!

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I think you're confusing the artstyle with low resolution. It looks fine ingame. I was actually thinking it looks better than the videos I've seen online (2d footage)

As a follow up, it's definitely the resolution. Cause after playing 10+ games now, including Light Brigade, I've finally seen the light (pun intended).
Holy, mother of god, Demeo runs in native resolution and it's so unbelievably crystal clear and sharp, THAT is a staggering difference. Oh my do I enjoy this. I'll write a different posting plugging this now. Everyone needs to buy this.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't seem to do that for me, it just makes a pulse to all the remaining pieces but the ones I pulled from the starting grid stay there. It's so weird cause I saw a game play and a they just come back to the grid but I tried every button and nothing seems to work

I was sure I did something that pushed all the pieces, but I can't remember, sorry! The tutorial is absolutely useless as well, so that probably won't help!

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Same happened to me in Pistol Whip. 1m from my 65 OLED. I think it messed it. By jumps do you mean the whole picture was moving with the headset?
Yep. Then would pop back and reset itself after like half a second. The whole thing would move or almost look like it was zooming in. Didn't seem to happen in game mostly on the menu.

Oct 29, 2017

It looks much better in motion than Horizon though. Of course it's a lot less detail but the reprojection is very visible on the hands. ASW 2.0 in translational movements was still somewhat arse and I am not entirely surprised that Sony couldn't meaningfully improve on it but nonetheless it's rather distracting.

Not sure how Horizon would look like at native 90FPS but I would love to see it in a DF video.

It's actually rather surprising hat there aren't more people pointing this out.

The headset is still great, although it's very far from a generational leap from the Quest 2.

But to end on a positive note, it's definitely going to be my primary VR headset because of the seamless setup, zero technical issues and solid performance. I have a 4080 and a Quest 2 but that's infinitely more troublesome than this.

Sony did a great job overall.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I did have the regular version of RE8. Last night, I saw the VR mode was in the Gold edition, but I didn't buy it I eventually found the 'free' VR upgrade attached to the game. Got that, have the $0.00 receipt for it from last night.

Then, this morning when I bought Runner they also charged me $59.99 for the Gold edition. Not sure how I get that fixed but I am definitely going to contact sony support.

Poetaster

Oct 25, 2017
I was worried about not being able to play Pistol Whip because of MS related balance issues but as long as I keep the backs of my legs against my bed frame with a heavy stance I'm able to stand, crouch, and sway safely enough.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Well fuck me, first time playing Moss - incredibly charming.

Also, really annoying I can't play JOB SIMULATOR as my room isn't big enough. Waste of money.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
I was so tired after work yesterday but had enough energy to set it all up and get into GT7.

I've had the PSVR1 and the latest quest.

But I've never experienced something as immersive and game changing as the GT7 VR mode. I was so absolutely floored and it improved my performance even without a wheel. Completely in awe of that experience.

Will try Horizon tonight and perhaps get Pistol Whip because y'all are hyping me on it.

Jun 1, 2021
Yeah, I did have the regular version of RE8. Last night, I saw the VR mode was in the Gold edition, but I didn't buy it I eventually found the 'free' VR upgrade attached to the game. Got that, have the $0.00 receipt for it from last night.

Then, this morning when I bought Runner they also charged me $59.99 for the Gold edition. Not sure how I get that fixed but I am definitely going to contact sony support.

You must have had the gold edition in your car and didn't check.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Seeing a lot of people talk about NMS being just a PSVR 1 port and either you need to find your sweet spot or try re-installing because it's noticeably better.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
After getting gold in 3 of the GT Sophy races now. Going from driving on the left side to the right by itself feels like such a huge change. That mode with VR has been a blast.

Jun 1, 2021
Seeing a lot of people talk about NMS being just a PSVR 1 port and either you need to find your sweet spot or try re-installing because it's noticeably better.

Sorry but this isn't it. I played the game in psvr and I can find the sweet spot and it's a blurry jaggy mess. Glad your enjoying it. It is of course better but it's the weakest game on the system.

Leemo

Oct 28, 2017
Nah I'm not, it's literally low resolution upscaled, it's all pretty muddy including menus. A lot of them are barely readable but not becaue they are small, but because the are low res.
I know how high res looks like in this headset and how PSVR1 games looked like. You can also pop up the quick menu in Light Brigade to get a reminder of what native res actually looks like (even smaller text, perfectly readable).

I was shocked how Light Brigade looked in headset compared to videos - it really does look like Quest-level resolution. Big shock coming from other games. Hope they patch that as it's a great game otherwise.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have impressions on fantavision?

Fantavision is just a high res port of the original game. It doesn't really add much to it other than the VR mode which just puts you in the environment to play kinda like Tetris Effect. I think it's too pricey at $30 for what you're getting and I say that as a huge fan of the original. I'd wait for a sale.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I just did a small play test session and I think the key is to hold the controller slightly below the headset. I managed to get through 2 rooms finally in the one session. I'd like the aiming to be more consistent in a shooting game like this. Having the gun go off kilter sometimes is not great. (I think when the controllers are too near the headset, the camera can't see it properly)

Still I'll try the tracking thing. I tend to turn off the tv when I play. No point have a big ass tv and wasting all that energy. :/
Ich changend my light now and it works without the tv turned on. But I've only played for another 20 minutes. Will test this more tomorrow. I am now using a spotlight to iluminate the ceiling so that I don't cast as many shadows like when the light shines down on me. I have pretty shitty lights in my gaming room anyway xD

Holding your controller below the headset should not be the solution to aim for. It will only hinder your immersion in the long run :/

Witchcraft

Oct 9, 2022
Reposting this from reddit as it may help people who are feeling its blurry.

Psvr2 has a pretty small sweet spot, which means stuff will look blurry until the fit is just right.

The eye tracking setup should get you really close, but not all the way. Play around with the fit while looking at a 3D vr game, you'll notice even small adjustments have a big effect.

1. Make sure the head strap is not sliding at all. If you have long hair, try putting your hair up or wearing a durag.
  2. Tilt the headset up and down, adjustments should make a big difference.
  3. Double check the ipd in a game, just move it both ways. Adjustments here should feel kind of subtle but it will be obvious when it's the best.
  4. Adjust how close the display is, in general closer is better but for some people it will be best somewhere else.
  5. If you're still struggling rotate the headset like a crooked painting, yes this sounds crazy but just do it and it may help you figure out where it needs to be
Just to add on to this, I suggest users try raising it higher up their face/head. It may feel weird, but it can help to get the sweet spot. Also do not be afraid to adjust the IPD dial whilst in games. It made a huge difference to me and others too. You can have the headset calibrate 'perfectly' while it still being much lower down than optimal.
Okay so I posted yesterday that I wasn't particularly impressed with the visuals but I never realised just how finicky setting it up correctly is. I followed the tip above and it's a game changer - absolutely loved my playtime today.

I suffered from horrible motion sickness using VR1 so I'm stunned I was able to play GT7 for about 2-3 hours today with zero issues.

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
Ah ok, that's good to know. Question -- is it normal during setup that I was seeing kind of a backlit effect from white areas? It was almost like looking at a projection screen with a glass pane inbetween me and the screen, and the pane was reflecting some of the light. In-game I didn't really see that, but the setup made me think I didn't have it dialed in right. This is my first VR so I have no idea what's supposed to be expected vs bad on this thing.
That can happen yes but worth trying to adjust how the headset is fit to see if it can be improved.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Fantavision is just a high res port of the original game. It doesn't really add much to it other than the VR mode which just puts you in the environment to play kinda like Tetris Effect. I think it's too pricey at $30 for what you're getting and I say that as a huge fan of the original. I'd wait for a sale.
Haven't bought it myself, but it is so weird, looking at the trailer I thought this was a shoe in for aiming with eye tracking. I wonder if that was the initial idea but they just couldn't get it working good enough.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
As a PSVR1 user I agree -- I feel like VR2 is pressing hard plastic into the bridge of my nose -- something that didn't happen at all with VR1.

have you used the button on the top right to move the head unit forward and back? shouldn't have any contact with your face except the soft rubber skirting

Leemo

Oct 28, 2017
Well fuck me, first time playing Moss - incredibly charming.

Also, really annoying I can't play JOB SIMULATOR as my room isn't big enough. Waste of money.

Just extend out your play area beyond your actual usable space. Job Simulator doesn't need much more than a standing position anyway. It's a great game!