• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
FYI, the Heroes Hangout is missing on PS5 build and devs ignoring everyone on Discord asking why it wasn't included.
That's really odd, I can't imagine why they'd leave that out of the PS VR2 build. When my group first picked it up we played a game and was about to log off when we loaded up the Heroes Hangout and spent about another hour in there just chilling. My friends got very into painting their miniatures and found it very zen.

I'm sure it'll turn up eventually but such a weird omission.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Second day, and was able to go for fair bit longer without nausea. Hopefully, I build my legs up soon for 3-4 hour sessions.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
I tried snap turning to compare. It was much better, but I figure I want to build my vr legs eventually, so wondering if it's worth it to get used to thing like smooth turning, vignette off that stuff
I'm not sure brute forcing the VR legs really helps, I think just using the headset a lot in general gets you there even with those things on. I noticed with Horizon that there was kind of a stutter to the smooth turn that I didn't love, so I just switched to snap even though I have all the other comfort settings disabled.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I'm like 99% sure I bought it a long time ago for psvr1. Hmm.

But you don't see this option in the store?

U0rAjz7.png

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm not sure brute forcing the VR legs really helps, I think just using the headset a lot in general gets you there even with those things on. I noticed with Horizon that there was kind of a stutter to the smooth turn that I didn't love, so I just switched to snap even though I have all the other comfort settings disabled.
Hmm ok, I'll use snap turning for now and see what happened.

Confusatron

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have a love/hate relationship with this thread right now. When my PSVR2 order showed up yesterday, there were three immediately noticeable vertical red lines on the left lens. Restarting it and reseating the USB cable had no effect. So off it went back to Sony for a replacement.

I'm having a lot of fun reading everyone's impressions. But man, it hurts knowing I'm probably weeks out from getting to play now.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Ugh i really thought I wouldnt be tempted by a wheel so bad. Dualsense is great for GT7 on PS5 I'm really happy with how it feels. A wheel though....feels like I really really need one for VR.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I have a love/hate relationship with this thread right now. When my PSVR2 order showed up yesterday, there were three immediately noticeable vertical red lines on the left lens. Restarting it and reseating the USB cable had no effect. So off it went back to Sony for a replacement.

I'm having a lot of fun reading everyone's impressions. But man, it hurts knowing I'm probably weeks out from getting to play now.

I can't even afford one until (maybe) summer. I wish everyone in this thread was dead.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone been able to snag one through an actual store? I've checked a few GameStops around me and they never received any. Tomorrow I was going to try some other places.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Are people not standing up and using thier physical bodies to look around? I thought that was the whole point of standing/room scale. I want snap turning to be a thing of the past!

Jun 17, 2018
After almost two days with the headset I have some thoughts:

1. This is my first ever vr experience, except a "van gogh experience", a short 5 minute, on rails, tour of the artists village.
2. PSVR 1 must have suuuuucked if this is getting so much praise, let me explain myself. You are still looking "through a porthole", still have screen door effect, fuzzy areas, constant "lost tracking" errors (tho this might be low light issues). Almost 100% of the people i follow and watch have been amazed and praised the headset, and i was expecting a flawless experience (based on the reviews)
3. Games I tried are, gt7, kayak, moss 1&2, tetris effect (old ps plus free version), horizon cotm and re village.
4. I hate that the tv is not showing the menu or the games i play in cinematic mode. I have a lg oled 77" but i would gladly play any game in cinematic mode (no messing with tv remote, no worries about the blinds being open, no worries about burn in, i play destiny 2 A LOT). My gf cant see what im playing, she loves watching me play story games usually.
5. Now for some positives. First time i played village my jaw hit the floor. This is an outstanding experience! Even the vr tutorial is nice. I played and finished the game at launch, it was never scary, more funny and ridiculous. Now? Hoooooly, im shivering thinking of the dark places ill be and fighting those enemies face to face! Also, gran turismo is like a religious experience, it made me look for steering wheels and driving seats (still not decided, any ideas?). Even tho its not fully crisp, the feeling of driving these cars is incredible!
6. Already have smudges on the lenses and my gfs glasses microfibre doesnt seem to get rid of em. Also, i sweat a lot, the forehead rubber is wet after long sessions, and the batteries on the controllers are not the best, will end up buying another pair most likely.
7. I got motion sickness very fast, didnt listen to all of the advices on here, played thru it. The worst was horizon by far, with that asymetrical climbing stuff, geezus!
8. Even tho i barely played all these games im still looking to buy more, i deffinetelt got hooked! One of the best purchases ive made in a long time!

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Either my VR legs have gotten legs have gotten significantly better or PSVR2 really does help with motion sickness. Kayak VR would definitely be a game I wouldn't be able to handle, yet I felt just fine. But a little bit into the Resident Evil Village, I realized I wouldn't be able to finish. But still, I didn't feel the need to vomit, just dizzy. Will try to give it another shot.

Also, quick question, is the Horizon trial a timed trial or a demo?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Are people not standing up and using thier physical bodies to look around? I thought that was the whole point of standing/room scale. I want snap turning to be a thing of the past!
I do play standing up and rotate my body a bit since snap turning degree sometimes don't line up with where I'm going. But from my experience, pressing analog stick forward while turning my body give me the biggest motion sickness immedieately. To the point where I feel like I'm about to fall down. I had to stay still when I'm rotating my body

Edward

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm getting a very annoying play space thing pop up when playing seated and i have no idea fucking why. I played hours standing in Horizon, Light Brigade etc. but the second i get in my cockpit to play GT7 it hits me with a playspace error every so often. It happened once when i did Horizon seated as well (and i switched to seated play.

No idea why it's happening

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
First time VR User here and I can handle it just fine. I already played way more than I anticipated.

Horizon is really, really fun so far, but HOLY SHIT @ Synth Riders. What?? Absolutely spectacular! I couldn't believe what I saw. What an incredible experience.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
So my PSVR2 has just died on me……

Playing GT7 and the screen went black, won't turn back on, unplugged it and plugged it back in, still won't turn back on. Full reset of the PS5, full unplug of PS5 and everything attached, still dead. Doesn't even show up in the PS5 system menus when plugged in for any VR options it's just as though it doesn't exist.

So that sucks guess I need to chase support tomorrow and see how long it's going to take for a repair job!! I

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
So my PSVR2 has just died on me……

Playing GT7 and the screen went black, won't turn back on, unplugged it and plugged it back in, still won't turn back on. Full reset of the PS5, full unplug of PS5 and everything attached, still dead. Doesn't even show up in the PS5 system menus when plugged in for any VR options it's just as though it doesn't exist.

So that sucks guess I need to chase support tomorrow and see how long it's going to take for a repair job!! I

Check your wire. I've read posts about this happening

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
As for Horizon, the reprojection was pretty bad, basically unplayable for me

That's…. Really having extreme standards. I thought it was incredible.

I'm getting a very annoying play space thing pop up when playing seated and i have no idea fucking why. I played hours standing in Horizon, Light Brigade etc. but the second i get in my cockpit to play GT7 it hits me with a playspace error every so often. It happened once when i did Horizon seated as well (and i switched to seated play.

Same here. Also, I had to rescan the room to switch back to standing, for some reason.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co

I have the same issues in my rig.'please post a solution if you find one. I would love to just turn it off completely.

Edward

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
That's…. Really having extreme standards. I thought it was incredible.

Same here. Also, I had to rescan the room to switch back to standing, for some reason.
I'll have to rescan tomorrow it really killed the mood it happened in 3 races and killed the flow in all 3 races and i hate having to move around and have it scan everything i wish i could just go to set area and immediately just draw a line like with ouclus and maybe you can i have no idea.

I have the same issues in my rig.'please post a solution if you find one. I would love to just turn it off completely.
I'm hoping aevanhoe's fix works because i have no earthly fucking idea why it happens. I didn't have this issue the first day i did it so maybe the PSVR 2 has some weird memory issue with playspaces from now on when i go to play i am going to just do a completely new one and see if i run into that problem again.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018

I combine the two. I fear that I will wrap the cable around me otherwise 🙂

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
In RE8... is everything just supposed to look as if their outlines are squiggling about?

It's mostly stuff in light

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
Wow. I am blown away by what a huge improvement this is over the first generation. Everything is crystal clear and it's very comfortable to wear! The lens adjustment wheel put everything into perfect focus. I always had difficulty getting things clear with the original, I think because of my glasses prescription.

I played Tetris Effect and was once again blown away by the visuals. Simply stunning. Always loved it in PSVR1, but since things were blurry, I would rather just play it on the TV. Now though, I think it's gonna be the main way I play.

Also played What the Bat? and LOVED it. It's so goofy and charming. Controls were accurate and felt very natural. Only drawback is that my living room space is slightly too small for games that require Play Space, so I extended the field manually and just keep checking my surroundings using the pass-through cameras to make sure I'm not about to bump into anything. Definitely not recommended, but I had to play this game.

Very excited for when Beat Saber gets updated, as I always had trouble with the timing in that game w/ the inaccurate Move controllers.

Overall, I played for about 2 hours straight and didn't experience any type of motion sickness until the end. Started feeling hot after 2 hours and took a break. Can't wait to play again.

picasso

Oct 28, 2017
I think people hope it's supposed to allow it. Don't rush into paying - wait a few days and see.

FYI i spoke to PS Support earlier when i wasn't seeing the discount for Rez, and they told me that 'those who downloaded the game(s) free with their PS+ subscription are not eligible for the discount'. could still be a misinformed chat agent, but fwiw.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
So, the experience in Horizon, RE8 and Star Wars galaxies is much better when standing (compared to sitting down). The problem is - I just want to sit down after a while. Do people spend several hours in games standing up?

I guess I'll need to get into shape :)

Sep 6, 2020
It just needs to be said that the reprojection ghosting in GT7 -- most noticeable during VR replays -- is not something that can be eliminated by finding a "sweet spot." It is an artifact of the game engine artificially duplicating frames to achieve a consistent refresh rate. You will see cars with transparent doppelgangers racing one foot behind them. You will not see this when the game switches to "flat" mode and shows the same replay. You can be dialed in, fitted well, graphics looking sharp, and everything else, but this will remain. Luckily, it is not very noticeable when actually racing and looking forward.

Having said that, I did not really notice it in Horizon. Probably would if I looked for it.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022

My advise and observation basically is, never play seated. (If you mean the mode "seated" and not just sitting down) Cause the seated option and standing option are literally the same thing and only differentiate between one thing.
Standing = You can use your own manual play space, Seated = Here is an automatic created circle around you that's way too small and you can't change.

So, simply don't choose that option at all and sit down, there is no other difference.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
Overall, I played for about 2 hours straight and didn't experience any type of motion sickness until the end. Started feeling hot after 2 hours and took a break. Can't wait to play again.

Yeah - I also had no issues with motion sickness, but I was dripping sweat after just 30 minutes or so. My forehead especially got sweaty.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
So, the experience in Horizon, RE8 and Star Wars galaxies is much better when standing (compared to sitting down). The problem is - I just want to sit down after a while. Do people spend several hours in games standing up?

Don't have a PSVR2 yet, but I play pretty much all VR games seated, except for Beat Saber. Played some of Half-Life: Alyx standing but it wasn't necessary.

Most games have seated options, and if you play on a couch or a chair without armrests and move any coffee table out of the way it's usually more than enough freedom of movement.

In general a big thing that helps me feel comfortable in VR is having a fan blowing on me.

Edward

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

Get a swivel stool and make life easier on you.

I can't stand long or it kills my back and knees because i don't move when in VR for some reason i stand like a statue. So i bought a cheap little stool with wheels and it spins around and there's no arm rest to get in the way to grabbing things on your person allows you to make quick turns etc.

My advise and observation basically is, never play seated. (If you mean the mode "seated" and not just sitting down) Cause the seated option and standing option are literally the same thing and only differentiate between one thing.
Standing = You can use your own manual play space, Seated = Here is an automatic created circle around you that's way too small and you can't change.

So, simply don't choose that option at all and sit down, there is no other difference.
No i scanned my room but the last time i scanned i kind of rushed through it and didn't let it scan all the walls and stuff so it might be getting confused at objects? Tomorrow i am going to fully scan again and see if it happens. It's just weird because i played the shit out of GT7 in my cockpit day 1 and never ran into the issue.

Valcon

Oct 28, 2017
Chile
I tried Rez and didn't find it very immersive...
Until I tried Area-X and oh my gosh I felt like I was playing a video game from the future. Religious experience.
Also, using the shotgun in RE... ANOTHER RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE.

Edward

â–² Legend â–²
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I do wish Job Sim didn't require room scale i don't have that amount of free space but i could have sworn there was a way to play that game seated on PSVR 1.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
What a difference a day and some experimentation make.

After finally getting good at finding the "sweet spot" my wife and I have found it super easy to swap the headset back and forth and dial it in quickly. I was worried that was going to be finicky, but once you know how to find it vertically, you get good at finding it again.

Played Synthriders and and The Light Brigade, and they are both incredibly fun. For me The Light Brigade was truly my first, "Holy shit" moment. Picking up the first rifle on the table and feeling the manual reload and aiming is just an amazingly immersive feeling. I turned to my wife and was just trying to convey how exactly like using a real bolt-action rifle the whole thing felt. While aiming is taking a little getting used to (I am terrible at throwing grenades), so much of it felt so natural and the various movement options felt really good without any sort of motion sickness inducing feelings. Made it to the first boss on my first run and nearly beat it. Just a fantastic experience that really sold me on the tactile sensation of VR.

I've gone from worrying I made a $600 mistake, to being thrilled with the purchase in a 24 hour period.