• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
One thing is certain. Sony are not hurting for upcoming exclusive titles. They can afford to space things out and give teams the time they need to work.

Oct 27, 2017
Forget it, this year is packed for Sony with exclusives and 3rd party deals, there's barely anymore space.

God of War - April
Detroit - May
Spider - June / July
Spyro - August / September
Dreams / Concrete Genie / Blood and Truth / Medieval -???
Call of Duty - October
Red Dead Redemption - October

I'm probably missing stuff, it's packed.
Eh, I doubt Sony lets Dreams have an entire month to itself. I don't think any of your September games means GoT can't launch in that month too.

Oct 27, 2017
Forget it, this year is packed for Sony with exclusives and 3rd party deals, there's barely anymore space.

God of War - April
Detroit - May
Spider - June / July
Spyro - August / September
Dreams / Concrete Genie / Blood and Truth / Medieval -???
Call of Duty - October
Red Dead Redemption - October

I'm probably missing stuff, it's packed.

Yeah, it is definitely a smart move business wise.

We go through this crap all the time. People jump to the quick hot-takes and pile on, and Sony just chugs along with their key moves and success all generation long. You think people would learn by now, that, y'all wrong, lol.

Can people stop saying this? People buy multiple games of similar genre's in the same calendar year all the time.

This.

It would be like saying Battlefield and CoD should not release in the same month, or hell, the same year.

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not going to be ready before about August then this is definitely for the best. They'll want to get this as far clear from RDR2 as possible.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People can spin 7 year development into a non-negative all they want, but this is embarrassing for a studio to take this long. Disappointed in Bend, I was certain they would be a 2018 title.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Spider Man doesn't even have a date yet .. I wouldn't be surprised if they delay that to 2019 or something to release along/near Homecoming 2.

ED_209

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Curitiba/Brazil
So it has to be early 2019, just like HZD was.
And, 2019 to Sony can be: Days Gone, Ghost Of Tsushima, The Last Of Us Part II and Death Stranding?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony Bend last shipped a big game in 2011. In 2012 they released a small Uncharted themed card game.

To say Days Gone is coming along slowly would be an understatement.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they polish it and fix some of the jankyness of the game then all for it

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
So I guess they can focus on Dreams being 2018's new original PlayStation IP entirely. Days Gone being a Feb game fits though

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If in fact true, I personally wouldn't mind. Sony has plenty of 1st party games coming out this year in God of Ear, Detroit, Spider-Man most likely and others.

No offense to Bend but they seem to be the studio who would need the most time to polish and make sure they get this title right.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I also got a alert from Amazon that my order has been delayed to 2019
Same, they likely just communicated that to their partners.

I guess it'll be early 2019. This makes me wonder when TLOU fits in, as I expected that in the summer of next year.

I worry it'll get lost in the shuffle if TLOU is close to it. I'm pretty sure they were aiming for this year, heh.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
So I'm guessing this will come out around March/April 2019 a la God of War, Horizon, Uncharted 4, etc.

Also trying to avoid Red Dead as much as possible.

Alright. I buy it.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems legit. A delay is A-OK by me considering it's Bend's first real game on this scale. Let them take all the time they need rather than rushing it out the door.

I just hope it doesn't conflict with The Last of Us 2...

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
God of War, Spider Man, Dreams, Detroit, Concrete Genie is enough for 2018 from Sony imo.

Next year Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Tlou2 and maybe Death Stranding.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Days Gone has not been in developmen for 7 years. Where are you pulling these numbers from? lol

From an outsider perspective, a studio's internal reasons for why it took so long between their previous project and their next project doesn't really matter.

Are there valid reasons why game X took so long to make? Most likely. Otherwise they would've been cancelled for poor project management.

But just because there's valid reasons doesn't change the fact that it's been 7 years between Bend's last game. There could've been any number of internal reboots or cancellations in-between, and the actual game dev was not 'that long'...

But it's still 7+ years to wait.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I really don't know why Sony announces things so early but it's sure been working out for them.
Because it gives people faith in the future of the platform.

That's why when they say they're going to stop announcing games so early, they're just lying because they have to stop until PS5 is announced. They did it last generation, they did it this generation, they will do it next generation.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
People can spin 7 year development into a non-negative all they want, but this is embarrassing for a studio to take this long. Disappointed in Bend, I was certain they would be a 2018 title.

Seemed to work out well for Horizon.

P4wt1jp.gif

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Days Gone has not been in full developmen for 7 years. Where are you pulling these numbers from? lol

Gold medal winner here.
I don't give a crap how long the game in particular has been in development. Their last game will be 7 years ago with this coming out in 2019. So whether they spent 1 or 3-4 years figuring out what game they were going to make, it doesn't change the fact they've done a bad job in making games consistently.

Saying that, I'll probs still pick it up lol

Seemed to work out well for Horizon.

P4wt1jp.gif
Nonsensical comparison. GG has released Killzone 3 in 2011, Killzone SF in 2013, and Horizon in 2017, 2 years before Days Gone. GG likely had a small team for a few years while making other games for people to play. Comparing the two is insulting.

Two major Sony exclusives about zombies is just too boring and hurt diversity. Let's hope GoT, Death Stranding and Catherine Remake(and new decent Sony Japan game?) actually release next year for the sake of variety.
I don't agree Sony is worried about diversity knowing what they can do, but I agree releasing 2 zombie games is sad.

Days Gone has not been in development that long. According to an ex-employee they had several prototype pitches cancelled after Golden Abyss launched including another Uncharted Vita game and an Infamous Vita game among even more concept pitches.

So some years were spent on that before even coming up with the Days Gone pitch.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015..._an_infamous_title_for_vita_but_it_got_zapped

That is a rumour of course.

Or they were simply caught in the Vita failure.
Is there a part where making excuses on failed concept pitches somehow disputes my statements?

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Days Gone has not been in development that long. According to an ex-employee they had several prototype pitches cancelled after Golden Abyss launched including another Uncharted Vita game and an Infamous Vita game among even more concept pitches.

So some years were spent on that before even coming up with the Days Gone pitch.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015..._an_infamous_title_for_vita_but_it_got_zapped

That is a rumour of course.

they've done a bad job in making games consistently

Or they were simply caught in the Vita failure.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Two major Sony exclusives about zombies is just too boring and hurt diversity. Let's hope GoT, Death Stranding and Catherine Remake(and new decent Sony Japan game?) actually release next year for the sake of variety.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thats a shame, I've been looking forward to it - but hey, its not like we're short of games this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. We have three major retail games scheduled by summer, with Spiderman likely in the fall, and some combo of Concrete Genie, Medieval & Spyro timed exclusive to bolster the line-up. Rough guestimate would be Days Gone is their Spring 2019 game where Horizon & God Of War have been, and Ghost Of Tsushima in the fall, TLoU2 and so on beyond that. There is so much else going on with third party and software that will ship initially only on PS4 anyway, it doesn't make sense to ship anything earlier than need be.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just because there's valid reasons doesn't change the fact that it's been 7 years between Bend's last game. There could've been any number of internal reboots or cancellations in-between, and the actual game dev was not 'that long'...

But it's still 7+ years to wait.

That is a very different argument to make though. Who knows what Bend were prototyping earlier and why they decided to scrap those plans. Maybe we will find out more in the future. But saying Days Gone has been in development for 7+ years is factualy incorrect.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
oh god, not another E3 with Days Gone -_- hope it's just a quick trailer with release date and then move on, or no show at all until PSX. We could use that time for new games or well, more interesting ones

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember that PlayStation commercial, that didn't show Days Gone as a 2018 title. Some of us thought it was a sign to suggest the game would be delayed, while others said "Sony just had too many games and couldn't fit all of them in the commercial". So if this new date of 2019 is correct, then I wonder if that commercial debate can now be put to rest.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So this is the first delay into 2019 correct? I'm expecting two, maybe even three more Sony exclusives to slip into 2019. Dreams I see releasing in early 2019 at best. Days gone maybe mid-2019. Ghosts will likely be end of 2020.

Edit:
It's gonna be hella awkward if Days Gone and TLoU 2 come out in the same year.

I completely forgot about TLoU2! I can see that being a 2020 title with Ghosts, and no earlier.