• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So you are telling me he made an entire new Studio, get used to a new engine and made his first game in 3,5 years? Not gonna happen

It is certainly less time consuming than building one from ground up like FOX.
They even have a dedicated team working on it.

Don't see why that should be a problem. He is not building an Assassins Creed game. We still don't know the scope and stuff like that.
Kojima initially stated that his first game wouldn't be as big as MGSV.

What is your guess then? I am in for Q4'19.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I honestly hope 3rd party publishers wont dump all of their games onto Microsoft's conference. Microsoft should tell them to host their own or keep their e3 promotions to themselves.

Jun 5, 2018
Dreams, Days Gone and Concrete Genie were all slated for 2018 before they got pushed to 2019. This decision won't effect the release schedule of The Last of Us - Part II, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima. I believe all the above titles are coming in 2019.

Apr 26: Days Gone

May ??: Concrete Genie

Jun 14: The Last of Us - Part II (The Last of Us released June 14, 2013)

Jul:

Aug ??: Death Stranding

Sep ??: Dreams

Oct 04: Ghost of Tsushima (The Mongol invasion of Tsushima Island was October 5th, 1274.)

Nov 01: MediEvil (Halloween)

madmisterf

Oct 26, 2017
Dreams, Days Gone and Concrete Genie were all slated for 2018 before they got pushed to 2019. This decision won't effect the release schedule of The Last of Us - Part II, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima. I believe all the above titles are coming in 2019.

It would be one of the best years ever for a publisher but I can't see Sony completely abandoning 2020. They love releasing a big 1st party game around March so I'm sure one of TLOUII, Death Stranding or Ghost of Tsushima is coming out Q1 2020.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? This probably happened because Sony doesn't have more AAA games for the PS4.
Days Gone comes out in 2019 first semester. (Medievil as well) I could bet Dreams and The Last Of Us Part 2 come out during the 2nd semester.
A PS4 price drop coming next year as well.
2020 we'll get PS4's final 2 AAA games: Ghost Of Tsushima and Death Stranding. March/April 2020 they introduce the PS5 with a fall release.
The reason they skip E3 is because they have already introduced everything they have for this generation. Imagine two E3's in a row with the same games. They would never do that. This also means the PS5 won't have a slow start like the PS4 had since most of their studios are already preparing their next games for the next hardware.

Not sure if this was the best place for my first post, but hell why not?
I can totally see all this happening tbh.

Nice first post, and I agree.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question about these third party deals...

Will they automatically go with XBOX or wait for Sony's event in 2019?

Natels

Oct 26, 2017

Jul:

Oct 04: Ghost of Tsushima (The Mongol invasion of Tsushima Island was October 5th, 1274.)

You think they wont release any big games in 2020 just because PS5 is launching? They will probably have at least one AAA game imo.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Jul:

That would be insane within a single calendar year, but even if the games could be ready in that timeframe, Sony has absolutely no need to blow their load like that, and it would leave them with a bleak 2020.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a crazy thought, the already announced PS4 games being shown running on PS5 by BC.

With some in development PS5 exclusive.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
This so much. People thinking Sony is not going to have or do something for all of 2019 are crazy.
Even with a big special PS5 unveil event some other time it still doesn't make sense to not show their upcoming PS4 games at E3. It was weird enough when MS had their E3 event at another location during E3. When media are going nuts reporting about the E3 news and previews, then they'll have nothing at all to show or talk about PS4?
I don't believe it. Something is clearly lost in translation here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
E3 without Sony is gonna be weird but I feel like all other conferences will be somewhat lowkey next year so their absence might not be drastic:

EA (The SPORTS/Fallen Order/Titanfall 3 Show)
Microsoft (I could see them going back to Mondays. I also think they are in a hell of a spot if they don't bring Halo to the show because I doubt any of their new studios have anything to show, except for maybe Playground and The Initiative. We can at least expect LOTS of 3rd party trailers and reveals.)
Bethesda (I'd be shocked if they have a show next year, unless they have Starfield ready to shown it will just be Doom, Wolfenstein games and ESO)
Devolver (Might as well finish the Trilogy)
Ubisoft (They might end up having the best show if they bring Splinter Cell and Watch Dogs 3 and maybe even another Rayman game)
PC Gaming (They're getting better, I like their low key PC games showings)
Square Enix (After this year, they better not have one unless they have FFVIIR, XVI and the Avengers game to show off)
Nintendo (Metroid and Pokemon are going to be the highlight for sure...hopefully)

I could see WB having their own conference, they have too many cards on hand (Rocksteady, MK, Harry Potter, Monolith, WB Montreal) and they haven't shown any of them.

Microsoft won't show that many new games, I think. There will be no new Forza next year and most of their studios are busy.

We do know inXile, Ninja Theory and Rare have been working on new stuff, so maybe they'll show something from these studios. Gears 5, Battletoads and Halo Infinite will be shown at least..

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft won't show that many new games, I think. There will be no new Forza next year and most of their studios are busy.

We do know inXile, Ninja Theory and Rare have been working on new stuff, so maybe they'll show something from these studios. Gears 5, Battletoads and Halo Infinite will be shown at least..
Not an Xbox guy. Isn't Forza a yearly franchise with Horizon and the main line series swapping years?

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah that's the strangest thing about the news drop. PS gamers collectively being like

giphy.gif

I guess momentum and mindshare has the side effect of keeping your audience calm in these type of circumstances.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's the strangest thing about the news drop. PS gamers collectively being like

I guess momentum and mindshare has the side effect of keeping your audience calm in these type of circumstances.

I think it's because we all know PS5 is coming and that Sony is focused on knocking out their 2019 games. Plus, not to rip on Watch Dogs anymore, but having too many E3 cycles for a game starts to bring fatigue and doubt. The more you show a game, the worst it becomes perceived. Doesn't even matter if it's true or not. People will find things to nitpick about games. Skip E3, maybe do a PSX if you feel you have stuff to show and go from there.

I'll watch E3 every year but it's not necessary. You've got Gamescom, TGS, CES to an extent for hardware, and all publisher/hardware creator specific events. We're in the midst of a 'con' saturation where companies are holding conventions annually despite having fuck all to show just because they always have. I'm completely okay with Sony skipping out because it doesn't seem prudent for them to rip their resources away form more important things.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
It is certainly less time consuming than building one from ground up like FOX.
They even have a dedicated team working on it.

Don't see why that should be a problem. He is not building an Assassins Creed game. We still don't know the scope and stuff like that.
Kojima initially stated that his first game wouldn't be as big as MGSV.

What is your guess then? I am in for Q4'19.
Isn't he using decima? He's got GG helping in spots right? I think we haven't seen a lot of the game because he wants us to be forced to go in fresh. Undertale style.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL

giphy.gif

I personally feel that Sony have been paying attention, have internally acknowledged their shortcomings and know exactly where they stand with the consumer.

I think in response, they are planning something out of the ordinary (at least for them) in order to sustain and accelerate their market position. Paying to and matching the competition, even when historically done, will typically net you similar results.

Sometimes you have to be disruptive to get to the next level.

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Mate, I'm on team2019 :)

That's one thing i don't get. Why are there people still believing in 2019 for a new PS?
If PS5 was coming next year, Sony would be at E3. They would have more games to announce for the fall. They would hype their console release.
Even if they wouldn't have a conference, they would be there with playable games. Instead, they won't even show up.
They wouldn't go quiet at E3 if new hardware was coming out like 3 or 4 months after E3 for sure.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

After the year PS4 has had I'm fine with it. I'm not scared the sky is falling or anything... honestly I'm more intrigued as to why they are doing it. Sony is getting a little unpredictable here.

Oct 27, 2017
That's one thing i don't get. Why are there people still believing in 2019 for a new PS?
If PS5 was coming next year, Sony would be at E3. They would have more games to announce for the fall. They would hype their console release.
Even if they wouldn't have a conference, they would be there with playable games. Instead, they won't even show up.
They wouldn't go quiet at E3 if new hardware was coming out like 3 or 4 months after E3 for sure.

Do you get people diving with sharks, jumping out of planes, driving fast cars? #team2019 is thug life now.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Yea I'm getting tired of echoing these exact sentiments. There is no way they miss all that press just to have a cute little event for a console launch.

I'm starting to believe team 2019 will still be a thing even when we get to 2020

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017

Simple really. It is the 25th anniversary and they may also want to reveal the next console. Doing this at a shared E3 is not right. Would you share your 25th birthday bash with others?

Sony will combine the 25th ani and console reveal with a big event(s) I think.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tidux doesn't know anything, but at this point saying "expect a (insert size here) event by Sony next year" is the safest bet you could make.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm getting tired of echoing these exact sentiments. There is no way they miss all that press just to have a cute little event for a console launch.

I'm starting to believe team 2019 will still be a thing even when we get to 2020

As an unofficial representative of the team2019 council let me comment on this: do you think we're completely nuts? We're not like those maniacs from team2021. As soon as there's no more chance left of winning this game, we'll just move the goalpost to PS6 in 2026.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in team 2020 but if ps5 has BC it doesn't matter much to me if it hits 2019. However I don't think the e3 thing has to do with ps5...it's just costly and not necessary anymore. It's easier and cheaper just to do what Nintendo does with directs.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

giphy.gif

Sony has earned trust this gen. I feel like they gotta be cooking something big for next gen to lay off the gas right now. Maybe that's a wrong assumption, but there's still more in the pipeline for PS4 than the competition, so it's not a big deal for them to go radio silent.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
I'm in team 2020 but if ps5 has BC it doesn't matter much to me if it hits 2019. However I don't think the e3 thing has to do with ps5...it's just costly and not necessary anymore. It's easier and cheaper just to do what Nintendo does.
You have to understand how wrong this is. That's like apple not doing announcements for they're MacBooks and OS updates. They are not going to be at E3 at ALL. Nothing playable, no interviews with game news industry sites, nothing. This has nothing to do with "E3 isn't worth it" that narrative is false. They just don't have much to show.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You have to understand how wrong this is. That's like apple not doing announcements for they're MacBooks and OS updates. They are not going to be at E3 at ALL. Nothing playable, no interviews with game news industry sites, nothing. This has nothing to do with "E3 isn't worth it" that narrative is false. They just don't have much to show.

I don't think Apple needs to do these live conferences either. Just because companies still do it doesn't mean they are necessary now. They could all do Nintendo style directs and it most likely lead to the same result in hype and sales.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
I don't think Apple needs to do these live conferences either. Just because companies still do it doesn't mean they are necessary now. They could all do Nintendo style directs and it most likely lead to the same result in hype and sales.
Well we shall see. I just don't think Sony is going to be the Trail Blazers in that department.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
That's not necessarily true.All big companies want to follow Apple now and have their own events.Playstation boss House in 2016 openly admitted that.
One big,fat PSX dedicated to PS5 can easily outshine some E3 conference.Timing of that event will be critical,of course.
I honestly don't think this is the case if they plan on releasing next year. But it is within the realm of possibility.