• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Bluepoint should just work with genDesign for their next release. Bring the tech knowledge to the idea people and get an awesome running/looking game right from the start.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Guys from PlayStation Access are playing Half-Life 2 right now... so I guess it won't be too far-fetched to assume that Alyx will be coming to PSVR (2) in the future.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

So many changes in the last 2 years for Sony studios. Some have been recruiting for months, others have new offices, etc.
We've been so focused on when the next PS is going to be reveled that we forget the fact over 80% of Sony's studios have been working only on PS5 titles for years.
Sony has been quiet since Spiderman came out. Then they promoted Days Gone a bit last year and that's it. Only a few trailers since then.

And there's also at least one new studio yet to unveil their first title.

Whenever Sony comes out to talk about everything being done...let's just say we're not ready for sure.
God of War 2, Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, Ratchet, Polyphony is also working on the next Gran Turismo already. I'm sure Bend isn't sitting around since Days Gone was released.
And i mean..what is Sony Japan doing? Their London studio? Pixelopus?
The rumored Bluepoint remake for Demon's Souls as well. I'm sure they will at least acquire one more studio before this year ends (it's at least likely).

As i said, we're not ready.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Hope they able to get it since that cost them some issues with the cutscenes with having to travel.
Yup, that's exactly it.

However, no official PR of current lifetime sales yet is discouraging...

They've succeeded with Days Gone, but not 'successful' enough to haven't gotten the announcement to this day...

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yup, that's exactly it.

However, no official PR of current lifetime sales yet is discouraging...

They've succeeded with Days Gone, but not 'successful' enough to haven't gotten the announcement to this day...
Said this before but I have a feeling Sony for some reason might just be done with sharing software numbers in general. We also didn't get a God of War 1 year update and only got a Spider-Man update after a very long time because of the Insomniac acquisition. Wouldn't surprise me if we also don't get any Part II numbers even though I'm willing to bet money it will have the biggest 3-day opening weekend of any 1st party game this generation.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Said this before but I have a feeling Sony for some reason might just be done with sharing software numbers in general. We also didn't get a God of War 1 year update and only got a Spider-Man update after a very long time because of the Insomniac acquisition. Wouldn't surprise me if we also don't get any Part II numbers even though I'm willing to bet money it will have the biggest 3-day opening weekend of any 1st party game this generation.
Now that truly would be the end of (bragging) era, if it's indeed happen...

Part II breaking records, and they not even going to brag/PR announce it.

"Hey everyone, Part II is better than the first game after a week. That's it. KTHANKSBYE."

I was expecting them to return to 'bragging mode' with Part II successful receptions in the future; and show how much they're partially 'hypocrite' dealing with AAA first-party sales report a.k.a. 2019's Days Gone & Death Stranding.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Godfall just shown up at the Gearbox PAX East event.

They shown the old trailer again then said "More to tell about Godfall really really soon."

Last edited:

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
For me, "really really soon" is like within 2 weeks, but everyone has their own reference of how soon is soon.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
With the PS5 reveal event probably being an online show similar to State of Play it's gonna be interesting to see how far in advance Sony will announce it. I wouldn't rule out something like an announcement on Monday for a reveal the following Friday.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the PS5 reveal event probably being an online show similar to State of Play it's gonna be interesting to see how far in advance Sony will announce it. I wouldn't rule out something like an announcement on Monday for a reveal the following Friday.
10 days between announcement and PSM State of Play is what I would do. Enough time to build up some hype for the stream ;)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So, after people accused Sony of having a different reason for why they weren't attending GDC other than employee safety, more and more companies have now dropped out including two major ones in Epic and Unity. And Greg Miller has said that he's expecting it to be announced tomorrow that GDC is canceled altogether this year.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
So, after people accused Sony of having a different reason for why they weren't attending GDC other than employee safety, more and more companies have now dropped out including two major ones in Epic and Unity. And Greg Miller has said that he's expecting it to be announced tomorrow that GDC is canceled altogether this year.
Idiots and trolls.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
giphy.gif

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Jason expects it today:

Jan 4, 2018
From my anecdotal experience, developer soon is always a decent bit longer than fan soon. So to me it means in the next month, but I'm going to multiply it by two and say within the next two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.