• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
I'm so accustomed to disappointment this gif is subliminally deflating. I'm subliminally Eeyore before I even process it.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
From my anecdotal experience, developer soon is always a decent bit longer than fan soon. So to me it means in the next month, but I'm going to multiply it by two and say within the next two months.
That sounds like a fair guess.
I would rule out May as well. TLOU2 will receive Sony's biggest and most expensive marketing hype train of this gen. I think they would be beyond stupid to sabotage that by revealing PS5, HZD2 etc.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Sony is going to do a State of Play stream for the announcement, then people should really stop expecting it any time soon. If major events like GDC are in jeopardy of even happening, then console announcements aren't going to be happening right now.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
What if Sony does an individual reveal for the DUALSHOCK 5 by itself, and still doesn't talk about PS5. Lol I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless Sony is going to do a State of Play stream for the announcement, then people should really stop expecting it any time soon. If major events like GDC are in jeopardy of even happening, then console announcements aren't going to be happening right now.
I think the PS Meeting will be a huge stream/video. Like a ~2 hours State of Play.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I think the PS Meeting will be a huge stream/video. Like a ~2 hours State of Play.

That's the only way it's going to be happening any time soon. Companies aren't going to be wanting to send their employees to an event at this time. And Sony's already shown that they aren't willing to do it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the only way it's going to be happening any time soon. Companies aren't going to be wanting to send their employees to an event at this time. And Sony's already shown that they aren't willing to do it.
Imo that's the best solution. I don't need to see and hear an audience. Let the devs and Cerny talk and show the trailers. I don't want to hear people scream and clap all the time, including bad camera work (zooming in and out of trailers, etc.)

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will only accept a State of Play 2 hour reveal if they bring back PS Home so I can watch it in a VR Cinema.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
The whole Sony pulling out of multiple events because of coronavirus has been both embarrassing and entertaining. There are too many dumbass fanboys, conspiracy theorists, and negative nancies on this forum.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow is the day when Horizon: Zero Dawn turns three years old. That's why some people are expecting the PC port to be announced then. Gonna make some PlayStation fans salty when Sony hasn't announced a big PS4 game in forever and are still not talking about the PS5.

Last edited:

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
What if Sony does an individual reveal for the DUALSHOCK 5 by itself, and still doesn't talk about PS5. Lol I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Showing DualShock 5 AND games, like PS4 PS Meeting, I'll be totally OK with that.
I'm not really giving a f on how is the box and all the spec talking.
All I want to see is Gameplay video of Next-gen games and an idea of the line-up.

That's what I'm looking for.

And that's why all I care about all Xbox SX stuff is Hellblade 2 (but it was in-engine and not in-game... So that't not totally it) and not the 12 terathing or the RNDNANRNADN 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just wondering, but how would people feel if Sony did a PS5 spec reveal and other technical stuff in Wired article and PlayStation Blog post, and left all the games and services for a SoP focused just on that?

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess Sony won't have to worry about GDC leaks after all.

Just wondering, but how would people feel if Sony did a PS5 spec reveal and other technical stuff in Wired article and PlayStation Blog post, and left all the games and services for a SoP focused just on that?
I'd be happy if they sent a notification to the PS4 dashboard with the specs listed at this point.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
They can announce the games and specs in text format in a pastebin for all I care. It's only the end result that matters to me.

They should do it the way they think will help them sell them most hardware, software and services. Sounds like the PS Blog and SoP solution isn't really impactful to me tbh so I think they can do better. I don't really care personally how the message is delivered though.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That sounds like a fair guess.
I would rule out May as well. TLOU2 will receive Sony's biggest and most expensive marketing hype train of this gen. I think they would be beyond stupid to sabotage that by revealing PS5, HZD2 etc.

I think they would rather wait until after TLOU2 if they could, but the delay to the end of May might make that impractical. They really need to reveal it before E3, so that their partners can announce their games there if they want to. Assuming E3 happens, of course.

I think an announcement in the late April/early May timeframe makes sense.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019

Microsoft just did this wit SX and I've saw nobody blaming them.

So, normally, nobody should blaming them if they do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.