• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I hope Insomniac incorporates the gameplay from Sunset Overdrive in the next Ratchet by bringing back the hoverboots. It makes too much sense.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
ET_K9EuXkAEtgRG

This is why Ape Escape is great lmao.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Spiderman 2 as a launch title. We already know Sony has been using Spiderman to show off the SSD, so I would expect the engine has been furthur upgraded to incorporate PS5 tech.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Insomniac is not pushing out a Spider-man sequel in two years, especially if they already had another project ready to release (Ratchet) that could buy them some more time for Spidey to cook in the oven.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
We already sort of know what Insomniac, Bluepoint, and Guerrilla's contribution to the launch window line up will be.

SIE Japan, and to a lesser degree, Santa Monica, are the real wild cards here.

We can't even pin point what Toyama's horror project will be, we don't know what Cory is up to (doubt he is directing GoW V), ASOBI is now in the mix, and the rest of SIE Japan is hard to predict.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
If GG release a PS5 launch game I think it might actually be a Killzone game, maybe a sequel to Shadowfall.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Exclusives games I expect to see released from November 2020 to June 2021:
*Ratchet & Clank II
*Demon's Souls Remake
*Horizon Zero Dawn II
*The Last Of Us Multiplayer

From July 2021 to December 2021 :
*Japan Studio Game
*Gran Turismo 7
*Spider-Man II

I really hope to see WILD coming out in 2021 but ... that's just hope.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
And on Supermassive, yeah. By now it's blatantly obvious that the writing duo Larry Fessenden and Graham Reznick, both B horror movie writers, are NOT the key to these games being good. As they have been the resident writers listed for every Supermassive game during and post Until Dawn. The OG directing duo, Will Byles and Nik Bowen, really need to return.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the Vita thread:

Ok, so the Vita I ordered came in (yay!) and I was able to downgrade the firmware and install Henkaku. Right now I'm using a 8gb proprietary memory card, but I'm looking in to acquiring an sd2vita with a compatible SD card. How would I go about the process of transferring everything over?

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
By the time PS5 comes, it would have been 3 years since Knack 2, almost 4 since Gravity Rush 2, and two years since Astro Bot. SIE Japan should have something for launch.

If whats ready to launch is a family friendly platformer (Perhaps Ape Escape), and Ratchet is also ready to go... I wonder if

A) SIE tries to launch both with PS5, and hopes they don't cannabilize each other's sales
B) Ratchet gets the PS5 launch date to push as many console units
C) The SIE Japan game gets the PS5 launch date because Sony knows it needs the console launch Boost more than Ratchet.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
By the time PS5 comes, it would have been 3 years since Knack 2, almost 4 since Gravity Rush 2, and two years since Astro Bot. SIE Japan should have something for launch.

If whats ready to launch is a family friendly platformer (Perhaps Ape Escape), and Ratchet is also ready to go... I wonder if

A) SIE tries to launch both with PS5, and hopes they don't cannabilize each other's sales
B) Ratchet gets the PS5 launch date to push as many console units
C) The SIE Japan game gets the PS5 launch date because Sony knows it needs the console launch Boost more than Ratchet.
It's going to be their horror game at launch. Ape Escape will be a year or 2 after that.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be Studio Japan's external group that has something for launch window. Honestly, maybe multiple games.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I would kill for an Africa 2 that would span all continents. It never even released in Europe.
I'd just love a remake/sequel that even just takes place in the same continent, but ups the detail in environment and animal AI - as the original game still looks pretty nice in areas even today, but I can't help but wonder how much better it could look on a PS4.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
It's going to be their horror game at launch. Ape Escape will be a year or 2 after that.
Could be, but if Toyama's project is a new IP, it's going to take a bit longer to cook in the oven. If it's Silent Hill, we know it's only a year into development. If it's Siren...it's 100% gonna be there for launch.

Meanwhile if Ape Escape is going to be a soft-reboot remake like Ratchet and Clank 2016, that would be ready for launch. If it's going to be a numbered entry, 50/50. If it's going to be a hard reboot that changes a lot....Yeah 2021 the soonest (IDK what an Ape Escape hard reboot would even look like, so i doubt this one).

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Gran Turismo is either at launch or in the first year, PD long time to make games is greatly exaggerated by people. Other than GT5 their modern games take between 3/3,5 years. We are in for a new game.

It could be replicated if they (SIE) hired the same team who helped Supermassive with writing and directing Until Dawn. It's funny how people always miss that little detail. 😏🤣

That's impossible lol and even with the same people it could all go wrong.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Would Ratchet & Clank and Demon Souls R be likely candidates for first-party launch?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Knowing Yamuichi and Polyphony, there's a chance a new GT targets 8K and 120hz or something silly like that. Hopefully they instead just stick with one single target of 4K/60fps, and polish and optimise the hell out of just that.

sujay

Oct 27, 2017
And on Supermassive, yeah. By now it's blatantly obvious that the writing duo Larry Fessenden and Graham Reznick, both B horror movie writers, are NOT the key to these games being good. As they have been the resident writers listed for every Supermassive game during and post Until Dawn. The OG directing duo, Will Byles and Nik Bowen, really need to return.
I'm really curious what UD director Will Byles is doing. He didn't work on Man of Medan, and I believe Supermassive has mentioned they're still doing future exclusives with Sony.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Sony likes to make VR games, they can seriously learn a lot from Half-Life Alyx. The creativity and attention to detail are crazy.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Knowing Yamuichi and Polyphony, there's a chance a new GT targets 8K and 120hz or something silly like that. Hopefully they instead just stick with one single target of 4K/60fps, and polish and optimise the hell out of just that.

I think there's no doubt that Sport can run at 4K@120 on PS5. It already runs at 1800p@60 no Pro and the GPU/CPU is ages behind of what's on PS5.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
I guess this will probably be considered a controversial take here, but I think Ratchet and Clank has had its run, it's time to let it die. I'm NOT saying it wouldn't sell well, I'm aware that the 2016 game was the fastest selling in the series.

I just think Insomniac is too talented to keep pumping out R&C games, it's been 18 years, and with new hardware I'd like to see them tackle a new IP next to Spider-Man. It doesn't have to be a gigantic AAA game, but something on the scale of R&C or possibly smaller, that's my take at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.